Need a Little Help With My Elgato Game Capture HD

Bearadactyl

So, I've had my Elgato Game Capture HD capture card for some time now; I have it hooked up properly and typically my streams are well enough.

All but one problem, the software that comes with it doesn't seem able to keep a stable Keyframe Interval. Which, of course, as many of you know in order to stream to Twitch your Keyframe Interval must be 2 Seconds.

Now, my question is, is there any way to force the program to keep that particular Keyframe Interval? I've gone through the entirety of the UI and cannot find a setting for it. The issue with this is, is it keeps my streams from being able to be viewed publicly; due to me not being partner and all of that.

Now, before suggesting other programs like OBS; XSplit; or ffSplit; I've tried them. XSplit uses an unnecessary amount of resources, and I'm not wasting my money for a license. OBS doesn't play well with Windows 8.1; and ffSplit is too buggy with Capture Cards for much use.

Any help, or alternate programs from the ones mentioned above would be greatly appreciated. If you are to suggest a program, I would prefer it be as lightweight as possible.

It's hard to use a program that currently barely works at all with my OS. I know it doesn't use many resources, the problem is just how buggy it seems to be. And, "Tough Luck" was honestly not really necessary.

I've looked in to D3DGear, I haven't tried it yet but it's definitely on the list of things to try. And, I either get the same audio failure error; I'll need to set it up and launch to replicate it later to get the exact error; or it just outright crashes with no error.

My PC is more than powerful enough to run the program, and my connection is definitely a great deal better than required; I can't even stream my emulators on OBS, which used to be my preferred platform before my Windows upgrade. If you can name a troubleshooting method, I've more than likely tried it.