Feelings after visiting Black city.

Geo

Yestarday I completed the actually Pokemon Black and was curious about black city alot. I only know about the white forest due to using the Rom of pokemon White . When I enter Black city, this odd but catchy tune starts to play and I notice the windows of building were Black. There was a shop there a friend told me about so I can get heart scale, so I went in being the exploration guy, I notice things costed and shit load of money, even a damn pokeball. So after looking around, I talked to the Mayor who seem to be some kinda of gambler or something then a Mayor who tells me to beat 10 ppl for cash. It sound ridiculous but I did his request and got money, but the word "greed" was used alot in the convo before and after. He calls me "greedy" cause I defeated 10 moar Trainers Today which made me say "WTH?" when all I wanted was experience moar then his money, but since the money was free. wynaut get it? Maybe its me or this Mayor don't care what I think as long I defeat people for money like some kind of illegal fighter for his own amusement, the fact I'm being used comes to mind but as long as I get experience, I don't care. After that, I went into an house, there was a little kid who had nothing but wants and the parents seem to be mocking him abit...... Kinda unlike parents to do that, they also seem to don't mind him much at all. After that, I left the city only to think about the theme here and origin.

I thought about what could it be with this odd city and these words being used:
>Greed
>I want
>Money
>Greedy

Then I thought about the whole city and its people:
>Trainers always willing to fight every day
>High building
>Corrupted Mayor with an obvious who encourages the player to fight with money
>High price Items.

I concluded that it was base of a ghetto part of New York but It could've been a ghetto part of Shinbuya knowing Japan.

New york seem moar corrupted but currption is everywhere now, so what the meaning of the Mayor? Corrupted leaders / politics?

Why does this city make me feel sorry for it moar then Lavender town made me feel. Its theme is better then white forest but still this city put a tear in my eye.

Could tis be the future of the US soon?

[quote name='Winter' timestamp='1306211179' post='14578']
Geo-Sama. It's already happening. The world, now days runs on money. Greed fuels the world. Here's a fact from my father: 90% of the Indian Politicians appear to be corrupt. Corruption is everywhere. Down here, when we had the gangland wars. Police were bribed to keep quiet. If it wasn't for a couple honest officers, gangs would run us. Most likely. Not the future of the US, but of the entire world..

My opinion, feel free to criticize ~
[/quote]
So true, Now that I think about it, the US is already corrupted but its a slow line that seem to be speeding up with the wars the armies in. I truely think Black city is a symbol that has something to do with RL Then white forest.

[quote name='Winter' timestamp='1306212226' post='14581']
Black City in this case, would symbolise the evil currently happening. I suggest White Forest would symbolise peace that some areas would try to hold..
[/quote]
Damn Winter, your making so much sense today! Maybe this is what The designer had plan this whole time but alot of pokemon games do that. Even something like Turnback cave has a secret meaning or message. I guess I should form a group this summer that'll look into these thing moar. I think Reborn could use something like this.

Japan has been pretty green peace and all hippie-like since two nukes landed in their neighborhood. So of course they would see a return to nature and old time traditions as the answer to the negative changes that coincide with technology and expansion. But that's all black and white. The daring visionary and explorer sees that these can't be the only two choices.

I don't think i can comment anymore just yet, as I have not really done much after beating N and G. All I've done up to now is reluctantly venture onto a few routes where the average trainer has unevolved pokemon around 17 lvls higher than any one of my pokemon, and then the random good trainers with evolved pokemon who aren't afraid to attack in the first 4 turns. I swear, the only two pokemon pulling their weight are carracosta and galvantula. serperior just doesn't see much use anymore while krookodile, basurao and pantslizard get ko'd too easily. That should change a little bit, now that i made it to the transfer station across the bridge and imported a bunch of pokemon from HG. I really wish it would let me transfer the hold items too. especially the spc atk bracer. there are no fucking pokemon for spc atk ev training in b/w!!!!

And yeah, i don't really know anything about black city and white forest at all. except that you can catch some different pokemon in white forest. And that you can supposedly battle trainers in black city.

[quote name='Winter' timestamp='1306275086' post='14623']
However..
Isn't it always better in the dark?
[/quote]
That only applies mostly to sex, especially if the girl is ugly with a fine body.

Don't know why the hell Luna says it tho. Maybe theres something she ain't telling us.