Pokemon Reborn Episode 14 Review (Spoiler)

fireheart4560

Everyone experiences a different level of difficulty depending on your team so here's mine: Infernape Level 72, Roserade Level 72, Flygon Level 72, Azumarill Level 72, Gardevoir (SHINY) Level 72 and Chandelure Level 72(as of post episode 14) .

Character development, and epic scale, length, great writing, Symbolism and advancement of the plot on a great level.

What doesn't this episode have?

Giving back story to Zel was awesome, rather than being a crazy multiple personality villain, he/she is tragic lab accident due to sickness and greed. Made me gasp in shock, but that's a good thing. Shelly naming the Pokemon after all her friends was definitely a nice touch, goes to show she's accepting the fact she has friends and is growing a little. Seeing how she reacts towards Cal and how we find out why that is was pretty cool. Speaking of Cal, love him. He made a mistake, he killed a Medicham, but he lives with it. He wants to make things right, and it was so cool having him join me and seeing him get a Medicham of his own. I don't like Victoria but I would like to see her and Cal clash again. Would have been amazing if we had a double battle where is was Cal and Me vs. Solaris and Blake. not complaining but I was really hoping we would get it. Fuck Blake, he's just an Ice Fern, but hey it's good to have villains you hate. This was obviously done on purpose too so no hate from me. Terra being an agent of Team Meteor hit me hard because I genuinely like Terra and if her motive really was boredom then that would break my heart! I still don't care for Ciel, she's just the slap stick for Terra and Samson, maybe someday I'll like her when she gets spotlight, but not yet. Samson has that bitter sarcastic humour I love so as usual he's awesome, fuck his gym though.

Gameplay wise, amazing, such an epic scale! Avalugg was kind of easy, but it didn't change the fact I liked that battle! "The Pokemon is crying out in pain, want to attack it?" Blake's battle was challenging and fun and Terra's gym.... make me laugh so hard it was too good! This really had a lot of effort put into it. Ametrine had this heavy atmosphere when I first went there when I first entered it that made me feel uneasy. I knew before hand that everyone was starving/suffering so I went in there with that thought. Now that the episode is over that atmosphere is a lot less heavier and I like that a city develops and changes during a story. The main series rarely does this and Reborn does it all the time. Have not caught the Riolu yet though so I might do that later. Of course you stop right before the Waterfall of plotness, and show Shade will return. Hopefully it wont take too long!

9/10 I loved it.

I want to play it again from the beginning in the next 2 weeks after I complete both Bayonetta 1 and 2.