College Football

Deleted User

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday's Headlines:

>WVU QB Clint Trickett retiring due to concussions, will not play in AutoZone Liberty Bowl

>UGA RB Todd Gurley to declare for NFL Draft

1. very sad, but most likely the best discussion for him (sue the oline xD j/k)

2. Excpeted may have hurt his stock a bit with the injury

Below are underclassmen whose intentions to apply for early entry into the 2015 NFL Draft have been reported. Underclassmen have until Jan. 15 to file declaration papers with the league. The official list of underclassmen accepted by the NFL will be released on Jan. 19.

» Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State
» Sammie Coates, WR, Auburn
» Tevin Coleman, RB, Indiana
» Mike Davis, RB, South Carolina
» Lorenzo Doss, CB, Tulane
» Durell Eskridge, FS, Syracuse
» Ereck Flowers, OT, Miami
» Devin Funchess, WR/TE, Michigan
» Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin
» Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska
» Todd Gurley, RB, Georgia
» Eli Harold, DE, Virginia
» Gerod Holliman, S, Louisville
» Brett Hundley, QB UCLA
» Duke Johnson, RB, Miami
» Tyler Moore, G, Florida
» Marcus Peters, CB, Washington
» Donovan Smith, OT, Penn State
» Leonard Williams, DL, USC
» Jaelen Strong, WR, Arizona State

• 2 weeks later...

Cardale Jones won them a NC, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starter next year based on that alone. Not to mention the Big Ten championship and Sugar Bowl win against Alabama. Honestly, if I were Barrett and Miller I'd be transferring to other power programs who are losing/in need of QB's. LSU is one such destination that would make sense.

Cardale Jones won them a NC, I wouldn't be surprised if he's the starter next year based on that alone. Not to mention the Big Ten championship and Sugar Bowl win against Alabama. Honestly, if I were Barrett and Miller I'd be transferring to other power programs who are losing/in need of QB's. LSU is one such destination that would make sense.

Yeah but that would require Barrett to sit out a year. Braxton Miller is a senior and provided he got his degree, he could transfer without missing a year.

dont forget tho, if it wasn't for Barrett, OSU wouldn't even be in the playoff. With Jones being a Red Shirt Junior and all the hype of winning would be better off going to the NFL because his draft stock can't really get any higher.

Edited by Red_Chaos

-My- Way-too-early top 5

5. Baylor - My gripe with Baylor is always that it's defense is always maligned for never getting enough "respect", and then has games where the loss is completely on that unit. That aside, Baylor looks to always have threats in the skill positions, and is recruiting better on both sides of the ball year in and year out. At any rate, the Bears may actually -win- a New Years Six bowl - eventually.

4. Oregon - Another team that has been -nothing- but consistant. If there's reason for concern in Eugene, coaching is going to need to step up in games where the Ducks run into physical defenses. The guys with the headsets are the only group stopping this unit from hoisting a championship trophy.

3. Ohio State - The defending national champions are one of the younger teams in the FBS. It doesn't seem like the Buckeyes can really make a bad decision as to who their Quarterback should be, and due to on-the-field resolution, these guys deserve a higher preseason ranking than Oregon - especially if Mariota opts to go pro..

2. Alabama - The Tide most likely won't start this high in the regular poll, but if I -had- to have a token SEC pick, it would be this team by default. Saban always has 'Bama in the thick of something by the end of the season. This is the season where they prove if it was all media bias or they -really- were that dominant. [Personally, I hope I'm wrong putting Alabama here.]

1. Texas Christian (TCU) - The returners on this potent offense, plus the fact that they proved they were JUST as good as Ohio State and got snubbed, gives the Horned Frogs the top spot in my top 25.

dont forget tho, if it wasn't for Barrett, OSU wouldn't even be in the playoff. With Jones being a Red Shirt Junior and all the hype of winning would be better off going to the NFL because his draft stock can't really get any higher.

I have to respectfully disagree with that. After seeing Cardale Jones' performance in his first 3 career starts (on 3 of the biggest CFB stages no less), can any of us really say with confidence that Ohio State would have done any different during the regular season with him at the helm? Frankly, I don't think so.

Aside from that, I don't see Barrett having to sit out a year as being all that much different than what he's probably going to end up doing with the Buckeyes next year. What I didn't realize when I posted the initial one is that JT Barrett is only a RSFR, so even if he has to back up Jones next year, he could still take the reigns from then on. It's not like Ohio State can really go wrong with either choice at QB at this point lol.

1. Texas Christian (TCU) - The returners on this potent offense, plus the fact that they proved they were JUST as good as Ohio State and got snubbed, gives the Horned Frogs the top spot in my top 25.

I have been a pseudo-fan of TCU for years (meaning, I honestly just enjoy watching them play), and I have to say I completely agree with this sentiment.