My Personal Challenge Run Team

Bardechia

Me and my friend are doing a shiny only challenge, where we can only use shinys, soft resetting is ok, but sometimes it takes a while to get your shiny guy (it took me 3 weeks of fishing, 9 shiny Remoraids and 1 shiny Qwilfish to find my shiny Horsea) and a decent amount of the time you don't find the guy you want at all.

In the end, the real challenge is dealing with guys with less than perfect/shitty IVs, natures and abilities (at least until 7th Street for the last two), initially filling your team (non-shiny pokemon cannot even be used for fodder in early battles) and just an overall test of patience, on top of the sadistic nightmare test of patience that is Reborn.

So here's the squad:

Main Team

Delphox

Hardy

Blaze

-Flamethrower

-Psychic

-Shadow Ball

-Psyshock

Heliolisk

Modest

Solar Power

-Thunderbolt

-Dark Pulse

-Grass Knot/Surf

-Thunder Wave

Donphan

Brave

Sturdy

-Earthquake

-Bounce

-Assurance

-Strength

Kingdra

Modest

Swift Swim

-Dragon Pulse

-Hydro Pump

-Rain Dance

-Yawn

Gallade

Careful

Steadfast

-Close Combat

-Psycho Cut

-Protect

-Night Slash/Leaf Blade

Trevenant

Adamant

Natural Care

-Horn Leech

-Destiny Bond

-Phantom Force

-Trick Room

Rotation

Ludicolo

Serious

Swift Swin

-Surf

-Nature Power

-Mega Drain

-Rain Dance

Forretress

Lax

Overcoat

-Gyro Ball

-Bug Bite

-Drill Run

-Toxic Spikes

Opinions?

(it took me 3 weeks of fishing, 9 shiny Remoraids and 1 shiny Qwilfish to find my shiny Horsea)

My lord...

Anyways, your team looks pretty good, can't really say much since you're doing a shiny run other than try to get some of the easy event pokes shiny.

If you can, pick up a shiny noibat from the underground. I know I've come across about three or four and I have two on me. Noivern is pretty solid late-game.

I also highly suggest plume fossil -> Archen (which can be soft reset). If you're ridiculously lucky like me and follow the Bxbysion Wasteland guide to Beldum you might get a shiny Metagross like I did after only eight soft resets. (I actually got a shiny Beldum on reset #4 as well but it KO'd itself because it's stupid.)

I also suggest mudkip late-game because it is a pick-up pokemon, not a catch pokemon. Much easier to get via soft resetting