Depression and Alienation

Eviora

Know that, while I cannot relate to your situation, I will try to understand. As has been said before, keep your chin up. Possibly even join a guild to increase your likelihood of obtaining the item.

For the sake of helping, I'm going to play Devil's Advocate. I mean absolutely no disrespect.

Once you obtain the item, then what? Life will continue on as normal, with the exception that you now have this incredible item. After you obtain this, where do you go from there?

I know you're right that the item won't do much for me. It's more the fact that despite overcoming the boss as current content, I am denied the reward others got. That makes me feel like garbage. =(

Plus I'm just really OCD and can't drop things....

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The drop systems are brutal. I know in RIFT (the only MMORPG I play), it's a roll-based system alternating between Greed and Need (where Need trumps over Greed).

If you're against dropping items, could you perhaps use a storage system to keep items?

Edited by Arkhidon

I was going to say, it might be annoying carrying around low-cost drop items from a level 1 Pig or something.

Well, I suppose there are several ways around the issue. You could play other games so that this problem may leave your mind. You could continue playing in the hopes you will obtain the item. You could grind your other characters so that you have greater chances of obtaining the item. Or perhaps you could find some way around this entirely, which would be difficult, but rewarding at the end if your torment were to end.

If you tried, then the outcome matters little. It's in dedication and continuing to try and retry that there's value. Perhaps until you have more confidence that you can quit the game, you could try another solution. Already, you've made the great choice to tell people you're having a problem.

Acknowledging the problem is one of the trickiest parts. Give some thought to how you can get past this. Maybe you could try keeping a diary?

Ok... look.

The thing with mounts in WoW is:

THEY ARE UTTERLY REPLACABLE!

I looked up that mount.

You are worried to see people use that, ugly as hell*, mount? Well GOOD FOR YOU!

(* that's my personal opinion)

even though it might be very rare and hard to get, I assure you, as soon as new ones are available you will MOST LIKELY see no one using that mecha-scorpion-thing anymore!

That was, is and will ever be the same thing.

People want the new stuff!

And I guarantee you: there will be some new mount which is equal hard to get... and then the game repeats itself...

There are so much more mounts which are prettier and more badass at the same time than this thing.

(Personally I would give it away anytime because you would never see me ride that thing...)

o.o So harsh...

I don't think there are any other pure ground mounts as cool as that one, including all the WoD ones. There are some flying mounts I like more but they don't look good running.

The thing that really gets to me, though, is that I completed the raid while it was current. I shouldn't be forced to struggle through the awful 1% drop rate...

o.o So harsh...

I don't think there are any other pure ground mounts as cool as that one, including all the WoD ones. There are some flying mounts I like more but they don't look good running.

The thing that really gets to me, though, is that I completed the raid while it was current. I shouldn't be forced to struggle through the awful 1% drop rate...

Well sometimes you need to be harsh.

and I apologize if it somehow hurt you in any way.

And as I said, it it my personal opinion that this thing ugly... (not to mention that I utterly hate Garrosh and everything related to him, except his father... even though I stopped playing after Lich King, I'm still a huge Warcraft fanboy in terms of story)

In my WoW time I've been through similar obsessions with items that I never got due to shitty drop-rates or others getting them when they finally dropped.

Hell dedicated WHOLE MONTHS farming Rivendares Deathcharger back in classic. Every day, the same instance, multiple times for ~5-8 hours of game time for 30 days over and over again... and it never dropped!

And I know my mounts and vanity-pets (I had the biggest vanity-pet collection on my server and had server first collect 100[?] vanity pets)...

once Sunwell launched in Burning Crusade and the Phoenix chick dropped on the third time we beat Keal'thas... all others in my group just passed, because they knew I would rant about it if I didn't get it.

My mounts - I always wanted the green-Proto-Drake from that Egg-thingy you could hatch... I spent every week of Lich King hatching an egg... and NEVER got it until I quit. Even though I would have used it maybe 2-5 times and then go back to my Netherdrake.

I always used the same mounts - Paladin / Warlock Steed for ground and Netherdrake for air... it didn't matter what additional mounts I got... I just had them for collection.

Since WoD is launching in about 2 hours here in germany... there isn't much time to get a 100% drop anymore.

You have to ask yourself - Do I really want to use it? [OR] Is iot for me to have it?

Edited by Cepheus

I want to both use it and have it. I collect these dumb things, so....

And I now have just under 11 hours left to get the mount... seeming very unlikely. This is ruining the whole expansion release for me, I actually wish the expansion wouldn't come...