Team Advice

blazimon09

i just finished defeating Kiki and decided to start breeding my Pokemon but i don't know how to do breeding chains so any help and advice you guys can give will be greatly appreciated.

1. Scrafty

-hjk

-crunch

-ice punch

-dragon dance/bulk up

i don't know which set up move to choose, i have a Gyarados with dd if it helps and a Medicam with ice punch

2.Azumarill

-aqua jet

-ice punch

-belly drum

-play rough

need a chain for the first three moves, Medicam with ice punch

3. Cofarigus

-shadow ball

-HP(fighting)

-psychic

- nasty plot

chain for last 2 moves

1. I'd say go for Dragon Dance, Scrafty is bulky enough already, and with some improved Speed and Moxie, not much prevents it form sweeping.

You can get Ice Punch with either set-up move. However, you need a Buneary (Obsidia Park) for it. It'd be Medicham>Buneary>Scrafty to get a Scraggy with Ice Punch, then you breed said new Scraggy with your Gyarados.

Keep in mind that gender is important, the female and the egg are always the same species, unless one of them is a Ditto. So you'd need a male Medicham, female Buneary, hatch a male Buneary, a female Scrafty, hatch a female Scrafty and a male Gyarados. If you have a female Pokemon, but need a male, just breed said Pokemon with anything female which shares at least one Egg group (what's part of what Egg group can be seen easily on Bulbapedia). If you need a female but have a male, you're gonna have to wait until you get Ditto.

2.Azu doesn't get Ice Punch, it's not one of it's Egg moves (to see whether a certain move is or isn't an Egg move of a Pokemon, check said Pokemon's Bulbapedia page, they also list who gets it that move). However, Belly Drum and Aqua Jet are still available.

It's a male Poliwag/Poliwhirl with Belly Drum>female Azumarill, then breed it with a Golduck/Seel/Buizel/Tirtouga with Aqua Jet.

Note that Azurill is a baby Pokemon and those can't learn, so you need at least a Marill to do any breeding.

3. For this one, you need to go back to E12 or earlier, good ol' Gen 5 breeding mechanics (a link can easily be found with the forum's search feature). It's a male Ralts/Kirlia/Gardevoir/Gallade with Psychic> female Spiritomb, hatch a male one and level it up to level 37 so it learns Nasty Plot, then breed that with a female Yamask/Cofagrigus.

If you wish, I could send you a "breeding guide" of sorts. You're wouldn't be the first to ask, so I already have one composed.

For Azu's 4th, Superpower if you need some Fighting coverage, Aqua Tail for a stronger yet slower Water STAB move or Body Slam to deal damage while waging status-war. If you need a Flying move, Bounce is pretty much a Flying version of Body Slam, just less accurate. You could, however, get a Zoom Lens from the O.Dept Store to boost all moves' accuracies by 20% if you're slower than your foe.

And I'll PM the guide to you in 10 minutes or so, just gotta find it.

quick question is belly drum one of these risk v reward type moves? yes it maxes your attack stat but it cuts your health in half so is it really worth having it there? even tho both its base defencive stats are 80 would that be worth it since its a very slow pokemon?

Edited by sandy

quick question is belly drum one of these risk v reward type moves? yes it maxes your attack stat but it cuts your health in half so is it really worth having it there? even tho both its base defencive stats are 80 would that be worth it since its a very slow pokemon?

It gets Aqua Jet and Huge Power, so it's got ridiculous attack power and speed isn't an issue since it has a STAB priority move. In comp, if you see someone set up a Belly Drum on this thing and you have nothing bulky that resists Water typed-attacks, you're in trouble.

It gets Aqua Jet and Huge Power, so it's got ridiculous attack power and speed isn't an issue since it has a STAB priority move. In comp, if you see someone set up a Belly Drum on this thing and you have nothing bulky that resists Water typed-attacks, you're in trouble.

ah i see thanks for clearing that up

• 3 weeks later...

You would get Bounce through a Move Tutor in the Agate Circus or have it learn the move as an Azurill at Level 23.

For the Roserade breeding here:

"Roserade (with Technician for a 90 BP Hidden Power) (Sludge Bomb via Muk>Stunfisk>Wooper>Snubbull>Roselia (not Budew), S.Bomb and Extrasensory via Muk>Stunfisk>Wooper>Snubbull>Roselia>Exeggcute>Roselia (if you evolve it at the level it gets E.sensory, Exeggutor can also get you Leaf Storm))"

You can find that breeding line in the Breeding Guide / Recommendable Sets so check it out for that and more.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Quick question how do i get bounce on azumarill and what would be the breeding chain for a roserade with extrasensory and sludge bomb. i already have a roserade with sludge bomb, can just breed it with something to add extrasensory?

It would have been more convenient if you created an entire new topic or status, you cannot breed Extrasensory and Sludge Bomb onto Budew. You can't in Generations 1-5, nor Gen VI. Only one or the other.

Azurill learns Bounce by level but Azumarill cannot relearn it. There is a move tutor is the Agate Circus who teaches Bounce. Otherwise Hoppip (Lv.46) or Stunfisk (Lv.35) can breed Bounce onto Azumarill.

It would have been more convenient if you created an entire new topic or status, you cannot breed Extrasensory and Sludge Bomb onto Budew. You can't in Generations 1-5, nor Gen VI. Only one or the other.

Azurill learns Bounce by level but Azumarill cannot relearn it. There is a move tutor is the Agate Circus who teaches Bounce. Otherwise Hoppip (Lv.46) or Stunfisk (Lv.35) can breed Bounce onto Azumarill.

You actually can do it in exactly the way listed above if you do it in E12 or earlier since Gen 1-5 breeding mechanics permit it. I just forgot to add there that the final product/egg of the second chain has to be Budew and not Roselia, since it for some reason only gets E-sensory if it hatches as a Budew.

As for Bounce, just keep Azurill unevolved until level 23.

I'm assuming that your Azumarill was a female? Bounce wouldn't transfer because the father (Poliwag) needed to know that move, which it can't.

It shouldn't be a issue that Bounce didn't pass over as you can level up the Azurill to level 23 and get it/the move tutor in Agate Circus.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

You actually can do it in exactly the way listed above if you do it in E12 or earlier since Gen 1-5 breeding mechanics permit it. I just forgot to add there that the final product/egg of the second chain has to be Budew and not Roselia, since it for some reason only gets E-sensory if it hatches as a Budew.

As for Bounce, just keep Azurill unevolved until level 23.

Erm, no female stage 1 pokemon can't breed. So basically, if a male Exeggcute with the desired moves were to stay in the daycare with a female Budew, no egg would be produced for 2 reasons:

1. Stage 1 female pokemon cannot breed. (Stage 1 as in they can evolve)

2. Either Roselia or Roserade have to be holding a Rose Incense.

Extrasenory and Sludge Bomb cannot be bred simultaneously onto Budew.

Edited by Sonikku

Erm, no female stage 1 pokemon can't breed. So basically, if a male Exeggcute with the desired moves were to stay in the daycare with a female Budew, no egg would be produced for 2 reasons:

1. Stage 1 female pokemon cannot breed. (Stage 1 as in they can evolve)

2. Either Roselia or Roserade have to be holding a Rose Incense.

Extrasenory and Sludge Bomb cannot be bred simultaneously onto Budew.

The mon that would be breeding with the Male Exeggcute would be a female Roselia w/ a Rose Incense, not a female Budew. Etesian was trying to say how the final mon would be a Budew w/ Sludge Bomb and Extrasensory.

You are right about the whole 'baby' pokemon thing however.

http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/budew <- Check out the Egg Moves and TMs that Budew can learn.

Edited by ~Derpy Simon

Derpy preventing me from posting here from the third time, dem job stealing ninja skilz.

Anyways, yes, I meant that a Budew has to be hatched at the end (it's why I said it has to be the "final product/egg"), not that one should be used in breeding (I know about the whole baby-pokemon thing, it's even in my guide).

And, to repeat, it is possible to get a Roserade with Extrasensory and Sludge Bomb solely through breeding. Budew has E.sensory as an Egg move and S.Bomb as a TM move, I see no problem here.