Seriously stuck on 4th gym realy need help

saltwater

Hey guys I'm seriously having problems beating the 4th gym leader the bug types.

Here's my party + rotation pokemon.

Graveler Lvl 33

Graveler lvl 30

Butterfree Lvl 31

Noibat lvl 35

Braxien lvl 35

Kricketune Lvl 30

Haryima lvl 28

meowstic lvl 35

pyroar lvl 35

onix lvl 20

flaffy lvl 27

panpoor lvl 30

Any suggestion on team set up and tactics? please i'm so stuck.

Shelly leads with Masquerain. Meaning that it will Rain Dance + Water Gun. And almost all of that team will be decimated. If Braixen/Pyroar has any moves to set the field to the Burning Field effect, that helps incredibly. I'd suggest:

Braixen/Pyroar
Butterfree

Hariyama

Kricketune/Pyroar

Meowstic

Graveler

In the new version its a 2v2 battle and she leads with masquerin and volbeat, If i lead with graveller or my fire types ill get taken out by masquerins water types. If i plough through him first she sends out anorith who just rock slides me and pretty much intsa kills all my fire types and flying types. I'm getting so disheartened by this.

If you're looking for an addition to your team, Klink can be very effective against her. Additionally, if you have a Poke with high happiness, you can go the western-most building in the Obsidia Ward and talk with a woman near a Vulpix. After a short side-quest, the Vulpix can join your party. Vulpix is fantastic against Shelly, because once it uses Flame Burst, the field becomes the Burning Field effect.

I would recommend adding Klink and Vulpix to your team. And again, use Hariyama. Train that up a bit and get it in use.

....Obsidia Ward and talk with a woman near a Vulpix. After a short side-quest, the Vulpix can join your party....

You forgot the fact that you have to face like a Lv. 45 Poke to get Vulpix.....

Get Pansear, it will learn Flame Burst; use it and her whole team will be destroy. All I needed was him and my Frogadier....easiest gym battle for me.

Klink can be caught from the Underground Railnet entered from the Obsidia side.

And the 45 Klinklang to fight is part of the "side-quest" I mentioned.

I mean....if he can defeat it, hey, let him go for it....but for save bets, Pansear will do the job :P

Edited by Smok3iT

Yeah I demolished the Level 45 klingklang. And got the vulpix, I'm currently grinding Onix, vulpix,and hariyama. Time to go find me a klink.

I'm thinking Vupix and onix to start using flameburst for field effect and stealth rocks setup.

Then use Pyroar and Braxien to just flame the shit out of her. with my rock types for yanmega.

• 9 years later...