Best I can hope for without breeding?

Hashill

Until there's a better way to grind introduced to the game, I'm not real big on the idea of breeding moves onto mons. That being said, I'd like to know what the's best I can hope for with this team and no egg moves. I just beat the Ice gym leader and the team is in its late 40s now:

• Greninja: Water Pulse, Smack Down, Shadow Sneak, Substitute
  • Sandslash: Earthquake, Fury Cutter, Swords Dance, Dig
  • Arcanine: Heat Wave, Fire Fang, Crunch, Extreme Speed
  • Helioptle: Parabolic Charge, Thunder Wave, Bulldoze, Volt Switch
  • Noivern: Air Slash, Roost, Super Fang, Boom Burst
  • Venomoth: Quiver Dance, Sleep Powder, Psybeam, Bug Buzz

Noivern I already have plans for, and I know a few come into their own with level up moves, but I'm a bit worried Greninja will only excel with TM moves that not be available, since he's starting to lag behind a bit in terms of raw power.

Edited by Hashill

I just discovered the rotating trainers in the Grand Hall. Still not sure I'll be breeding any of these mons in particular, but at least now I have a somewhat reliable way to get the team's levels up + experiment.

Guess I'll ask two questions here pertaining to that -

When's the earliest the Grand Hall trainers show up? I wanna know when's the earliest I could conceivably train more than just six mons when I start my ep. 14 file.

Are all these Pokemon viable up until the present end-game?

Edited by Hashill

Well to be honest, I use Cheat Engine to do the breeding and EV train faster. There's no way in hell I would do the hours of grinding due to the fact I barely have time to even play.

There are threads here that can show you how to hatch eggs instantly....

To do the EV training, I speed up my game with Cheat Engine.....

Your team is good, could be better of course. If you EV train at least, not only your Greninja will get that extra power but the rest of your team has well.

I would switch Sandslash out for Flygon before you go into the Agate circus/city. It simply has a more varried moveset and can help deal with dragons. Do this after you defeat Luna though, since the you can get Trapinch with EQ, then breed it in Episode 12 with another Trapinch to get a Flygon that has EQ by the time it would level up normally. Greninja should help out soon enough. I don't know about Arcanine, since I've never used it.

Arcanine should be better off having Flare Blitz than Fire Fang. Also, Heat Wave should be replaced with Outrage or Reversal. I think thats a better moveset in my opinion

It's unable to learn Outrage, Flare Blitz, and Reversal, now that it's evolved into an Arcanine. Those are all moves that can only be learned while it is still a Growlithe.

It's unable to learn Outrage, Flare Blitz, and Reversal, now that it's evolved into an Arcanine. Those are all moves that can only be learned while it is still a Growlithe.

He could just breed for a new one, also getting it Close Combat in the process.(yeah, I did read the title)