2 Tricks 1 Specs 6G Overused Team

Reignited'Light

--The Introduction--

Hey hey hey! I'm DestructiveSkitty! I've been "competitive battling" for about 7 months now. So around the time I discovered Reborn.

This is going to be my first RMT online, so I'm really looking foward to this. So with the Introduction out of the way, let's get on to the RMT!

DA TEAM

Tiy4Krt.png

Team Description

So, the team is a somewhat standard OU team, is what I think people call it now? But yeah. It consists of the following

1. Landorus

2. Excadrill

3. Rotom Wash

4. Klefki

5. Latias

6. Suicune

This is one of the first teams I made for the X/Y OU metagame when I actually learned to predict and play well. It can play very well against some of the strategies that run amock such as...

1. Sand teams- Suicune/Rotom-W/Latias(to a certain extent)

2. Rain teams-Klefki/Rotom-W/Latias/Suicune

3. Sun teams-Everything but Klefki can threaten Sun teams

4. Stall teams SMH-Latias/Klefki/Landorus possibly. (This will be explained why/how

Now we can start on what each individual member does to help the team :]]]]]]

1. Landorus

M5YV4NU.png

Terra (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Shiny: Yes

Trait: Intimidate

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Earthquake

- Stone Edge

- Knock Off

Landorus is one of my Scarfers on this team.

It's pretty simple. U turn to Scout and do some damage, Earthquake for Stab, Stone Edge to complete the EdgeQuake Combo, and Knock Off to get rid of annoying items. Stuff like Poison Heal Gliscor's Toxic Orb, and Eviolite Chansey etc.

EVs are fairly simple right? Max Speed to benefit from Scarf and Max Attack to hit some troublemakers who attempt to face the wrath of Terra!!! :]

2. Excadrill

f3u6WEz.png

Beast Boy (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Mold Breaker

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Earthquake

- Iron Head

- Rock Slide

Excadrill is another one of the scarfers on the team. It has the Rapid Spin to get rid of hazards since our team is very weak to them. Earthquake and Iron Head for stab. Iron Head is also used to get rid of Clefables and has a nice 30% of the flinch.

Rock Slide is filler and can threaten Charizard Y and Talonflame. It's usually the late game sweeper as well.

3. Rotom Wash

9IVZ8Qq.png

Cyborg (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 248 HP / 8 SAtk / 252 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Volt Switch

- Hydro Pump

- Will-O-Wisp

- Pain Split

So I wanted something something that can switch into Talonflame. I picked Rotom Wash for that purpose. Yeah I know Excadrill and Landorus-T can check it with Stone Edge/Rock Slide, but Rotom Wash also benefits us because...

1. It can take the fire attacks that threaten Excadrill.

2. Take the Ice attacks that threaten Landorus-T.

3. Forms the Volt Turn combination with Landorus-T.

And it's a fairly standard Rotom Wash set.

Hydro because what's a Rotom Wash without a little bit of water?

Will-O-Wisp to cripple more physical attackers and risidual damage every turn.

Pain Split for recovery and against pokemon with lots of HP.

4. Volt Switch is to scout/damage/momentum.

4. Klefki

7WeHgh6.png

Robin (Klefki) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Trait: Prankster

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Thunder Wave

- Foul Play

- Spikes

- Switcheroo

So this is where the team name "2 Tricks 1 Specs" will come into.

Klefki is YET AGAIN another one of my Scarfed pokemon.

Here's the deal.

People don't see Klefki anymore ever since Smogon banned the garbage Swag/Play combo with Prankster. If you ever see a Klefki, it's most likely a Dual Screener or some form of Support. Here's what I discovered. Some people who knew what Klefki does, usually go into their Chansey to take the Foul Plays/Thunder Waves. But little do some people know, this "Trickster" also knows Switcheroo. ;]

And Switcheroo+Choice Scarf+Surprise=A very sad opponent

Here's how I use it.

I would lead with Klefki sometimes to see what kind of lead my opponent would go for. If it's something that is fast and scared of Thunder wave, they will probably go into something to eat up the Thunder Wave like a ground type or a Chansey.

If against stall, I would use Switcheroo on the expecting Chansey. Then Boom. Crippled Chansey. :]

You need to predict very well to pull this strategy off.

5. Latias

mtrPkC7.png

Raven (Latias) (F) @ Choice Specs

Trait: Levitate

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Trick

- Hidden Power Fighting/Fire (depends on preference)

- Psyshock

- Draco Meteor

Here is the 2nd part of the "2 Tricks 1 Specs". Latias is the pokemon to check Keldeo and lure out Bisharp or Tyranitar. You come in on Keldeo, they switch into Bisharp and Tyranitar, and predict like a badass and Hidden Power them away!!!!! Of course, HP Fire can be used as well if you hate Ferrothorn and Skarmory, so that's an option.

Psyshock and Draco for powerful stabs.

And Trick is a backup in case we need to stop Stall pokemon. Namely Clefable AND Chansey.

Specs Latias is a powerhouse!

Specs Latias>Specs Latios because of the bulk latias has. And their difference in power doesn't make that much of a difference in a win or lose. Just predict well and don't make shitty plays.

6. Suicune

MdBpNdZ.png

Starfire (Suicune) @ Leftovers

Shiny: Yes

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Scald

- Calm Mind

- Rest

- Sleep Talk

And finally, we have a standard Crocune. Nothing really special here. But it can really take on stall teams well if Chansey and Clefable are tricked/switcheroo. So it's really good!

It can also take on a lot of other things and is a threat to every team. Nothing is safe from Crocune because of that obv 100% Burn rate on Scald! Works everytime! :]

DA Threatlist smfh

1. Bisharp- Nothing for those Knock Offs LOL

Suicune is my check to Bisharp.

2. Other Crocune can be really annoying. Beats my two scarfed ground types, and can PP stall Latias, eat up Rotom Wash. I have Klefki to cripple it if I still have the Choice Scarf item.

3. Mega Medicham- Yeah. Nothing says hi and bye to a High Jump Kick

4. HAZARDS- Excadrill is vulnarable to all of them acept Toxic Spikes, but once Excadrill is dead, it's going to be a damn pain trying to win.

Conclusion!!!

Solid Team. I got to #1 on Reborn OU with it before, so I guess that means something right? And I nicknamed the pokes after the Teen Titans because I've been back into it lately LOL

Oh and I don't have a Stealth Rocker because I couldn't fit it on a team like this and I have Spikes anyways. So it's not all bad :]

(My 1st RMT, so it's probably crap I know)

DA Importable

LMAO

Nice team. If you play it perfectly i can't see any major threats to team.

Mega medicham is destroyed by scarf drill/latias/ scarf lando-t/ crippled by kelfki/ suicune at full health can live a high jump kick/ pretty much only rotom-w weak to it.

suicune can also easily be stoped with a trick from kelfki or latias.

bisharp is all mind games you have to trick it when it sd or knock of than exadrill and lando-t can deal with it.

Team relies a lot on prediction though like rapid spinning on excadrill and tricking at the right time but idk how to fix that.

For first team you ever made not bad '-' i don't see many threats except predicting.

Maybe replace klefki for another pokemon since you already have 2 other scarf pokemon who already outspeed almost everything and can possibly mess up suicunes scald burn. Idk who preferably a mega or a stelth rocker since you seem to be lacking one when I can come up with one I will edit this.

also imo hp fire > hp fighting since team is a bit ferrothorn weak

• 2 weeks later...