-Rock Slide

-Feint Attack

-Bide

Ampharos lvl 33 - Static

-Confuse Ray

-Thunder Wave

-Cotton Spore

-Thundershock

When she first sends out her Illumise and Masquerain, maybe try Paralyzing the Masquerian first, then take out one by one? Like, leave her Illumise alone? That's what I did :S

So ew, Meowstic sets up the Screen, Illumise and Masquerain attack, then ampharos uses Thunder-wave on masquerain. Then maybe you either switch out Meowstic for something else (since Struggle Bug drops your SpAtk, or it dies, idk) like Trapinch/Togetic, then try AncientPower/NastyPlot or Rock Slide, while Thunder Waving that illumise, then see how it goes :D

Also, rmb to para and confuse the Illumise to annoy it as well.

Rock Slide should help you once you para-ed her.

And since the level cap is 35 pre Shelly, try levelling your Liteleo, Trapinch, Ampha and toge up by one level just for longevity?

Meowstic by 1-2 levels, and quadilin maybe a bit more?

.....yea I hope it helps....

EDIT: Ampharos learns Power Gem at level 35. So buy a common candy, level it up, learn Power Gem, then De-level it if you're afraid of the level CAP thing

Litleo evolves at lvl 35 too, so maybe do the same thing, but let it learn flamethrower at lvl 36.

....Trapinch also evolves at lvl 35, so same idea too? Unless you want Earthquake on Trapinch, then you gotta train Trapinch (not Vibrava) to lvl 55.....

Edited by ArthurZH

Seeing as Shelly battles in doubles now, you could go back to Peridot when it's raining and get a Numel.

It learns Lava Plume at level 22, evolves at level 33 and gets Rock Slide when you evolve it.

It might be one of the best counters to Shelly right now.

First things first, train Litleo to 35 and evolve that thing. You may want to find a temporary substitute on your team for Quiladin as it probably won't be much help in this battle unless you get lucky with rollout and it's extremely fast.

Lead with Meowstic, Fake Out, Light Screen. Switch into Pyroar, profit.

Well...any Flying type like Fearow, Pidgeotto, and Staraptor you can sub in for Quilladin. I suggest dropping Meowstic because of type weakness for Growlithe since it's now obtainable before Shelly.

I just sweeped her entire team with acrobatics emolga - Fakeout combo.

Although Shelly's main pivot is Yanmega and it'll require some work to take out.

Fake out Hariyama really helps during double battles. You can get a good 2v1 for a turn which is very crucial.

I used a sturdy graveler, i faked out the other poke which allowed me to make good use of sturdy. While graveler gets knocked to 1 hp with giga drain, he'll be able to kill the yanmega with rock blast (4 times super effective)

Unless you have a fakeout poke (also persian could be an option), don't bother using sturdy graveler (because of the giga drain - Struggle bug combo)

Not the best strat but you should consider it!

Notes :

-Makuhita (Hariyama's pre evo) can be found in Obsidia slums.

-Emolga can be found during a sunny day in front of Jasper Pokemon center.

-Meowth can be found in the rocky area north of beryl ward during daytime.

the problem with shelly is thta almost all of he team know icy wind and have high special attack so going in wiht flying and ground and rock didnt help me and unfortunatly half of your team is weak to ice, im going to go with sheep but not for the reason of earthquake but nore for the fact that it'll be even weaker to ice and also week to fairy.

that being said im not sure what you could swich for what, id say start with ampheros while im on ampheros what gen did it stop learning thunderpunch when it became an ampheros? as ffor the second pokemon id say quilidin wiht rollout's your best bet.

edit i was right amphros learns thunderpunch at l30 which means you should have tought it sadly im not sure how you can find a heart scale till you beat shelly....

Edited by sandy