Team Troubles

Arkoro

So ive been a huge pokemon fan for a long time but I can never figure out team building (even after ive done extensive research on it) im at the end of episode 17 trying to fight the water gym not all but some of my pokemon are ev trained 

Blaziken (Jolly) Bulk up, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut (I know he isn't good for water gym just usually have in party)

Mimikyu (Jolly) Hone Claws, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Staraptor (Adamant or Jolly not sure) Brave Bird, Agility, Close Combat, Steel wing

Leafeon (Adamant) Leaf Blade, Swords dance, Synthesis, Sunny day

Toxapex (Calm) Toxic Spixes, Venoshock, Haze, Recover

Manectric (bad nature) Thunder, Electric terrain, charge beam, crunch

I have plenty of time to catch whatever and train and breed and what not I know I have a lot of sweepers but I cant even outspeed any of the pokemon I know cause the field has swift swim gain but nothing lives short of one hit pretty sure ive knocked 2 pokemon on singles and 0 during doubles.

If you want to win, go singles against her

Doubles is sure troublesome

If you can get something to manipulate her field it would be of great help, freezing, corrupting or even summoning a terrain on top of it

You can counter her underwater field with your own diver

Freeze dry users dunk amaria really hard, so does shedinja w/ wonderguard

If ya getting outsped, trickroom can be useful, but it does not last enough

Electric attacks destroy amaria too

Try setting up X items on her lead starting by Xspdef and you should do fine with any mon

Vanilluxe might 1v6 her, pangoro too (last time i battled her, my xitem-boosted pangoro did all the work for me)

Ludicolo might prove useful too

Edited by Yahen

Toxicroak (and I guess Heliolisk/others as well) with Dry Skin and an Elemental Seed heal a lot and can tank much of her Team. Throw in some Electric coverage (field boost) and you have a fairly easy Match.

What @Yahen said helps too,  but my Toxicroak walled her the last time I fought her.

10 minutes ago, Arkoro said:

So ive been a huge pokemon fan for a long time but I can never figure out team building (even after ive done extensive research on it) im at the end of episode 17 trying to fight the water gym not all but some of my pokemon are ev trained 

Blaziken (Jolly) Bulk up, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird, Sky Uppercut (I know he isn't good for water gym just usually have in party)

Mimikyu (Jolly) Hone Claws, Play Rough, Shadow Claw, Shadow Sneak

Staraptor (Adamant or Jolly not sure) Brave Bird, Agility, Close Combat, Steel wing

Leafeon (Adamant) Leaf Blade, Swords dance, Synthesis, Sunny day

Toxapex (Calm) Toxic Spixes, Venoshock, Haze, Recover

Manectric (bad nature) Thunder, Electric terrain, charge beam, crunch

I have plenty of time to catch whatever and train and breed and what not I know I have a lot of sweepers but I cant even outspeed any of the pokemon I know cause the field has swift swim gain but nothing lives short of one hit pretty sure ive knocked 2 pokemon on singles and 0 during doubles.

Walerin is a good optioon to use Blizzard and freeze the water field, it is not affected by water filed lowering speed, which actually is bad. But freeze field. and maybe you will get a chance. Leafeon a good optino leafbdling, try getting a pokemno with Trick Room and aim to complete the Turtwig puzzle at Agate Circus, Torterra with Wood Hammer is deadly to Amaria, Noivern is useless sicne Amaria uses somes Ice moves, Ice Beam, Aurora Beam and Ice Shard, you would have t odeal with these in Froze Field

Weavile, great speed and attack. Plus, Amaria has Starmie, you need something to handle it as it Use Light Screen, Ice Beam, Psychic and Scald/Pump. If by any means you manage to get Galvantula with Sticky web, useit, after frezzeng the field. May it be water or ice field, you will get troubles with Amaria Seeds. (Seed reises Spd+2 in Ice field) Kingdra, Ludicolo, Wishiswashi and Lapras would be left. Atlancia and Ludiculo being the threat. Counter Ludicolo with staraptor. and Atlantica with Mimikyu. This is only in Zekrom Route.  So, for me in singles your team should be like this:

• Galvantula - Set sticky web to lower speed on your fooes. And Thunder/Bug Buzz Starmie.
  • Starpator - Counter Ludicolo after lowering its speed and frozing field.
  • Walrein - Lead, to freeze field.
  • Mimikyu - Reason, Atlantica
  • Leafon/Torterra. Smash Swampert with Leaf Blade/Wood Hammer. Swampert holds Assault Vest so moves like Giga drain won't OHKO it.
  • Weavile/Blaziken : Low kick Lapras or High Jump Kick.