Team help

creeper1117

I just beat Charlotte but I've noticed that I have really struggled with some of the last few battles in this game, so I've decided to rework my team. Currently my team looks like this.

Swampert LV 68 with Muddy Water - Earthquake - Hammer Arm - Avalanche

Staraptor LV 65 with Brave bird - Double edge - Quick attack -Close combat

Silvalley (fighting) LV 65 with Multi attack - Iron head - X-scissor - Punishment

Alolan Muk LV 69 with Gunk shot - Venom drench - Acid armor - Knock off

Chandelure LV 64 with Flamethrower - Will-O-Wisp - Shadow ball - Curse

Lilligant LV 70 with Giga drain - Sleep powder - Quiver dance - Petal dance

So that's my team, would love some feedback.

2 minutes ago, creeper1117 said:

I just beat Charlotte but I've noticed that I have really struggled with some of the last few battles in this game, so I've decided to rework my team. Currently my team looks like this.

Swampert LV 68 with Muddy Water - Earthquake - Hammer Arm - Avalanche

Staraptor LV 65 with Brave bird - Double edge - Quick attack -Close combat

Silvalley (fighting) LV 65 with Multi attack - Iron head - X-scissor - Punishment

Alolan Muk LV 69 with Gunk shot - Venom drench - Acid armor - Knock off

Chandelure LV 64 with Flamethrower - Will-O-Wisp - Shadow ball - Curse

Lilligant LV 70 with Giga drain - Sleep powder - Quiver dance - Petal dance

So that's my team, would love some feedback.

Further Gym Battles will be harder. your next to Terra, ground leader. An ice type is always useful, such a Slush Rush Alolan-Sandlash (nice typying and very helpful to next gyms battles, Ciel, Adrieen, and maybe Hardy.) Of course, with this you will need a Snow Warning pokemon, I personally suggest you Alolan-Ninetales.

Umbreom, imo, is very helpful. Pretty bulky, providing it has Foul Play and Moonlight is a great support.

Steel, again, will be very important. Try getting Beldum if you havent. Make it Metagross. 

I can see you team is pretty good imo. So i won't touch it. I gave some opinions, in what you may rotate. 

As for Plot Battles (Aside Gym Battles) I don't quietly remember them.. Sorry.

1 minute ago, Destrakon said:

Further Gym Battles will be harder. your next to Terra, ground leader. An ice type is always useful, such a Slush Rush Alolan-Sandlash (nice typying and very helpful to next gyms battles, Ciel, Adrieen, and maybe Hardy.) Of course, with this you will need a Snow Warning pokemon, I personally suggest you Alolan-Ninetales.

Umbreom, imo, is very helpful. Pretty bulky, providing it has Foul Play and Moonlight is a great support.

Steel, again, will be very important. Try getting Beldum if you havent. Make it Metagross. 

I can see you team is pretty good imo. So i won't touch it. I gave some opinions, in what you may rotate. 

As for Plot Battles (Aside Gym Battles) I don't quietly remember them.. Sorry.

Thanks for the advice i'll look into some the the pokemon you suggested.

If you aren't set on a Steel Type Pokemon yet, I would HIGHLY recommend Magnezone. His Sturdy ability is a game changer and with his high Special Attack, Flash Cannon is extremely powerful. Not to mention you can use Discharge to paralyze enemy teams. Plus he would combo very well with your Swampert for double battles due to the Electric immunity of Swampert. 

Also, in regards to the recommendation of a good Ice Type, I think a Weavile would work amazing on your team. It would give you an added edge against the Ground Types you will face later on, also it will help immensely against the Flying Gym. It is one of the fastest Pokemon and has a very high Physical Attack. You can give him Ice Punch from the tutor in Peridot and can also give him Ice Shard for priority just in case you are worried about something out-speeding you (which should rarely happen). Not to mention, Weavile is the ultimate Dragon slayer. One Ice Punch kills pretty much any Dragon Type in one hit... He's a beast. Plus as an added bonus, you get a Dark Type on the team so you can always swap over to avoid a Psychic attack and abuse the immunity!

Oh, also on your Staraptor. It might be good to swap out Double Edge with Return. Return would work amazing if its friendship is high enough. It gets STAB and no recoil which could be very helpful since you already will be taking recoil damage from Brave Bird. 

Honestly though your team is pretty well balanced. The only odd-duck to me is Silvally. I am not too sure how useful it really is in Reborn, especially as a Fighting Memory version. Don't get me wrong, a Fighting Type is SUPER helpful in Reborn, but I feel like a Silvally wouldn't have access to that great of Fighting Type moves to really exploit the typing advantages, even more-so because you don't have any Fighting Type moves on it. In my opinion, it seems like your weakest link. Then again I've never really used Silvally before, so maybe he is great. If you think replacing him could benefit you, there are plenty of fantastic Fighting Pokemon available. Scrafty and Heracross are great because they both can have the Moxie ability. Hawlucha is a boss with Acrobatics and High Jump Kick. Also Meinshao with Regenerator ability and High Jump Kick can be a good sweeper. Lucario is another great choice as it could provide you with the additional Steel Typing. Gallade or Medicham could give you a Mega Evolution and the dual Psychic typing. Conkledurr is a WALL. Toxicroak could give you the Poison Type as well to help out against Fairy Types. Those are the first that popped into my head, but keep in mind the additional typing as you re-evaluate your team so that you do not double up.

Good luck as you progress! 

Edited by jbastian1