Pokemon DarkLight [Alpha release date]

Holy mother of Arceus it's been a long time. But I assure you, it's not come empty handed. I've been working on this is in my free time so a lot has been done.

Firstly I'd like to finally say that I updated the front page. It was made so long ago and it became outdated when I made it with enthusiasm at the time. Next I want to say that I am preparing to release something. It's not an alpha, but its not the full episode. It's somewhere in-between I guess. Idk, I cant describe it but something is finally being released yay.  Next I want to showcase themes that has been made specially for the beginning.

I'm trying to figure out on how to record on my laptop so I can give a little preview of the beginning before I release. If theres any questions regarding the updated stuff, ask away.

shout out to Juuzou aka @Juniper

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, here we go the intro reveal! If you ask me this took way too long. I kept going back and changing it every time. But I feel comfortable with this one for the first version of the game.

Here's the intro! Hopefully I can finish testing the alpha many map layer errors need to be fixed. Enjoy!

(sorry about removing it before, the something went wrong with the original recording.)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Another Retired Shipper said:

That was rude

He has Fern on his avatar.

The music for the title screen was nice.  I like this style.  

As for the intro, i liked it because i am someone who enjoys reading the plot.  I'm sure some more impatient people would argue that it is too long.

Alright I'm just going to clear this up. The mistakes pointed out by CG have been fixed already so we can forget about those.

As for how long the intro is I am aware of it and it will be a little faster in the beginning (where the mother sings because I'm sure that's the majority of the reason.) I made it that way to give off a eerie/mysterious tone given the bgm, and the slow lyrics. Not to mention the creepy cry that was put in. But I'm glad that people are liking the intro, Sometime in the future I'll add some cut scenes to it so its not just almost 5 min of a black screen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2017 at 10:46 AM, Snowy Amine ( MC Kapper) said:

Eh that was rude, you can't just call someone's work a flop.

On 7/12/2017 at 6:30 PM, DemICE said:

He has Fern on his avatar.

The music for the title screen was nice.  I like this style.  

As for the intro, i liked it because i am someone who enjoys reading the plot.  I'm sure some more impatient people would argue that it is too long.

Check his profile, he joined on 10th of July, posted in 4 topics, managed to be offensive in all of them and started a fight in one.

He is Fern IRL.

What a shame he is from Greece too, I am obliged to apologize on behalf of him now :( 

13 hours ago, Jess said:

Check his profile, he joined on 10th of July, posted in 4 topics, managed to be offensive in all of them and started a fight in one.

He is Fern IRL.

What a shame he is from Greece too, I am obliged to apologize on behalf of him now :( 

Oh god, He is real, nah no need to apologize Jess, its his own fault that he's offensive

• 4 weeks later...

okay, so t's been awhile since something was revealed so why not we showcase a VS. battle?

I'm trying to get this pre demo finished as fast as I can, but due to my nature I keep going back to previous things to make them better.

But, this turned out surprisingly well, minus the cut scenes I cut from the original file :3

Well I hope you enjoy it, and say tuned for more news.

Good news people! I have some exciting news. 

Be sure to look forward to this Friday as Darklight's alpha will be released. Everything is complete and ready to go. So look forward to it.

The reason I'm giving it a week is because I'm just fixing it up. Just because it's done doesn't mean that I can't try to improve a little for you guys.

So with that announcement out of the way, I'll see you all Friday!

• Upvote 3

So I just finished the Alpha of this game and it really like it! It has nice music, and a great story so far. However, there are some bugs/glitches and elements that may need to be fixed that I want to mention.

1. For future versions, make sure you check the grammar and spelling of the dialogue. Within this alpha, I noticed some of those errors that you might want to go back and fix.

2. There also seems to be some glitches with some of the events in the alpha as well. For example, after you talk to, and battle the mysterious man in the woods south of Vesper village, there is a tile that if you step on it, it will redo the event and glitch the game. Also, there is a tile that i encountered within the lab in Vesper village that will activate an event that isn't suppose to happen yet, the event in which you battle the commander, and takes place after you finish with the southern forest.  

3. Next, I encountered minor visual glitches within this alpha, which you may want to go back and check as well. From what I can recall, I believe there is on on the bench right of the lab in Vesper village, and one with the trees in the southern forest. To be more specific, the visual glitch with the trees is at the entrance within the forest before you enter the area containing the mysterious figure.  

4. Finally, there also seems to be a glitch to where if you black out within Vesper village when the mysterious group arrives, you will be teleported to a random house that ultimately can crash your game. 

With that said, I still really enjoyed this alpha of Pokemon DarkLight, and am excited to see what's to come next!

Alight I'll look into the first three issues of what you pointed out. However for the last one I experienced that as well while testing an figured out what the cause was. In general when the player blacks out from losing they are brought to the last pokemon center they used and if not its their house. Since in their is no pokemon center yet and in my events I wrote it so that the player cannot return to their room because if they do it messes with the events and it crashes entirely.

I did give the player a little help with restoration items to ensure that this issue does not happen. It was the man by the berry patches. He gives a few berries that are enough for the player.

Somewhat of a small update. I have started improving/changing the intro. It wont just be complete dialog now. So expect a little preview on it on a later date. Below I have 3 maps that will be part of the new intro. You can interpret them however you want, as the spoiler below contains their name and images.

See you next update!

Chamber of Creation, Chamber of Forbidden Power, Chamber of Forbidden Knowledge

COC.png.98b8015b16b7eb0545926dc7297e386c.png
COFP2.png.3ce11ed8446c0d72bf576cd862131604.pngCOFK.png.ecc6f9c211fb04d9aedf613a8537b8a8.png