What do you love most about Reborn?

VoydVoyd

I've been a massive fan and shill of Reborn for a good while now.

I find nearly everything about its' design to be absolutely incredible.

The way that the gameplay is designed and meticulously managed with each new episode,

The characters and writing which speak of an incredible writing talent within the team but also a great deal of personal hardship and struggle with identity which is channeled into it

The world which varies immensely in mood and aesthetic that is absolutely fucking bursting with things to find and do

And not at all least the incredible consistency and diligence of the team in creating new content and polishing old content despite the massive scope of the game, and succeeding despite the incredible challenge

I love this game so much that for a long time I've wanted to break into game review/analysis/video essay creation purely so I can explain why exactly this game is not Tumblrmon or Edgemon as /vp/ would have it. I doubt I'll get there any time soon if ever because man it's hard to organise and even locate my thoughts on the specifics of why this game is so amazing, but because I've been thinking about it so much I wanted to hand the question over to you:

What do you love about Reborn?

I look forward to hearing what you all have to say about it. For me, honestly I couldn't choose, because everything about Reborn (sans the sometimes dubiously difficult "puzzles") contributes to the incredible totality of it. But the field effect system is a feature so incredibly effective in creating unique fights, requiring out of the box thinking by the player, and creating incredible "aha!" moments (breaking Serra's mirrors comes to mind) that I think it's a travesty that we'll probably never see it in the main games past the basic terrain moves.

Guest Relinquished

1. The darker story.

2. The satisfying difficulty.

3. The "all pokemon available to catch", first and foremost; i always wanted such a version, but alas, canon series don't wanna...

4. The visible EVs/IVs, the speed-up function.

5. The love, care and polishing, that dev(s) show to this project.

6. Some plot elements and iconic characters; or memorable NPCs.

7. The style and artwork; the concept and execution.

8. The vast player-base and community pals; together with online mode, of course!

9. Ability to use multiple saves, trade with yourself and even clone pokemon/items (if you know what you 're doing)!

10. BUDEW of course and early in Peridot Ward, too; yeah!!!