[Spoilers] Gym Leader Portraits..

Radon

Spoiler

One time in e17 I beat the whole Zekrom route but afterwards I saw that there was a new one so I went on towards that one out of curiosity. It immediately rang to me that there was these different portraits based off their emotion. At the time, it seemed like common knowledge so I didn't post about it. But when this episode came out--e18, I fought Hardy on both paths. Since I didn't have the portrait screenshots on me anymore, I went and took them off a video.  Afterwards I looked at the 1st Gym leader portrait and it looked much like the Left side. But then I thought to myself: This kind of thing was introduced in e17. Then again I think it was worth noting. So when you look on the Left you see how the Gym Leader portraits always look, but there's this one difference--Hardy's Portrait. It has lines going through it. Maybe it was a theme to show that he's a guitarist. But then.. when you look at the Right side, you kind of  the same thing. If you look closely, there are lines going through Amaria and Titania's portrait as well, bearing resemblance to Hardy's portrait.

f1jtd.jpg

What I was currently thinking was, what if this could be changed in the story. What if there was something that would mess with Hardy that makes those lines in his portrait go away to make it look like the Right side?

There's also the matter of how there's also a color difference as well. I'm unsure if it is a slight color difference with Amaria's portrait, but it just looks the same--probably--in color, in the middle. But it almost seems darker. I'm just unsure. With Titania's the bright red is replaced with black and the white in the middle was replaced with red that's slightly Darker. With Hardy, there's no difference. When looking at the both of these I can't tell if its a simple distortion or opposites in colors. So the 2nd question i'm posing is. If those lines were gone, what if Hardy's portrait was darker to illustrate whatever else may have happened.

There was a time in the discord within the spoiler section where I was having a conversation with someone and it was then that he mentioned that maybe it has something to do with getting Ciel hit with the Void attack instead of Samson and some decision being made towards the Bug Type Gym leader. But idk... maybe it would show a "difference" here. What do you think?

Edited by Radon