Of Dimensions and Webs

Autumn Zephyr

A couple months ago, I finally managed to get my hands on a 2DS (yeah, yeah, I know I'm late there). The problem I've been running into is that I haven't been able to connect to the internet with it at all, despite trying to connect in multiple different locations, including multiple public domains. And before anyone asks about my home connection, I have no idea what the security ode is, my father won't even tell guests (or my stepmother) what it is, and he refuses to help me here. Is there any way someone can help me here?

Um. Certain public domains may restrict access to certain sites or devices. Like if you were to use free McDonalds Wifi or something, you'd probably be redirected to a website where you'd have to agree to some terms of service or something before gaining actual access.

I have doubts on if this is a software related issue so I guess your best bet is to just convince your dad to give you internet access. Pretty weird how he would withhold that information from you and your stepmother.

Did you buy this 2DS used or brand new?

Being redirected to a website does little good when you can't even load that website, ya know? Still, that is nice to know for once I'm past this mess!

He's certainly a weird guy. The computers are rigged to make it so that we need an administrative password to try and download most things, from Steam to the fonts that Reborn and Rejuvenation come with (I actually have no idea why those games didn't summon the prompt otherwise, to be honest)- and that's with the youngest of us being 17 years old! And prior to me getting ahold of this 2DS, the most recent system in the hose was the Wii. He's been oddly anti-tech for an IT worker for a good while now!

From what I can tell, the thing's new. Had to go through the basic setup procedures day one and everything.