E17 Thoughts. (Spoilers)

Sceptilespy

Spoiler

So, ever since Reborn was released, it took a darker tone on the Pokemon world. Homeless people, death, depression, and everything else that's in the big bag of happiness known as Amethyst's mind. Basically, it's not the happy lovey dovey world where the villain's are idiots. Where the main character always wins. Reborn is more grounded to reality then the official Pokemon series. 

Now that's what I would've said if I made a post like this during E16. But can someone please explain E17? The entire episode feels surreal. But before I start, I need to let you know that this isn't a hate topic. I'm not triggered. I think Amethyst has done an AMAZING job on this game. But can someone please tell me how we went from chasing meteor out of Devon. Corp to a Fairy Tale pocket dimension black hole pink space wormhole castle with lava, and a Reshiram/Zekrom. Until now, I think Reborn has been clever and somewhat grounded to reality. PULSE Camerupt going to blow up the mountain. PULSE Tangrowth spawning a bunch of plants. PULSE Swalot fucking up the WTC. But, out of NOWHERE, Titania has a fairy tale castle. Everything up until now has made sense except for this. Also, for some reason Lin knocks us out, when the drop to our destination was down the hall anyway. Then somehow we get into a wormhole castle in which we can't go down more then 3 floors or else we wind up where we started. Then we walk out the window and see a whole lotta pink. 

I know I sound pretentious right now but seriously. Why. What is going on. 

And that's just 50% of the episode. Let's move on to Amaria. 

So if you're a Zekrom route player, like most rebornians, this was just weird. titania is like "ur in danger n stuff i gutto pretect u" and amaria is like "i need to swim", and then you find her and she's like "ok fight me but im still sad, and im going to swim again after this". That's basically it. Amaria just fucks around. 

If you're a reshiram route player, then this was just wild. MAJOR SPOILERS IN THE NEXT SENT- so Amaria tries to drown you. For extremely dumb reasons. I know she's depressed and dependent but I didn't know she was dumb. Her reasoning for her thinking that we're stealing Titania away from her or something is "u have seafire braslits. u bad. me mad." Then after all that, when Titania somehow finds us, she dumps Amaria. Thank God for that btw. Then Amaria gets mad at us for some reason, and we body her. Well, idk about you guys, but if you have a grass type when you fight her in doubles, you can cross off 3 of her pokemon. 4 if you count Lanturn taking 70% from uninvested unboosted razor leaf from Torterra (don't ask.). Then she goes back underwater and Titania is in Calcenon so boom. 

W H A T. 

Spoiler

So my question is. Did any of this even need to happen. Seriously, did we need to go up to a Fairy Tale land and fight Titania. Did we have to watch Amaria be depressed. Was any of this needed? Did we make any progression in the story? Did this answer anything, or did it just open more questions. I feel like this is a logical fallacy, and it probably is, but does Reborn even need E17? Even though this next part might be hard to believe coming from me, I actually liked the episode. But lorewise, I think it should undergo some revamps. From every playthrough I've watched, it's just people asking "What? Why? Huh? How? Why are you drowning me?" Seriously, what was this episode.

If you want a quick summary of this, then here it is: What. 

Seriously, once you read it you'll ask why you read it. 

Second spoiler is more of a question then anything. 

Also, if I come off as extremely pretentious, know it's not intentional. 

Personally I think that up until now we rarely wait for a single episode to come out and continue playing the game from the previous one (I replayed my games once a new episode came out), so eventually we wouldn't notice the "whatness" in the previous episodes because after those come the explanation for everything, even the little details (there's a dude found some empty pokeballs in the desert, thrown by a certain trainer). I guess that we'll eventually gets our explanation in the latter episodes, and then everything would make sense.

Spoiler
12 hours ago, Sceptilespy said:

Amaria tries to drown you. For extremely dumb reasons. I know she's depressed and dependent but I didn't know she was dumb. Her reasoning for her thinking that we're stealing Titania away from her or something is "u have seafire braslits. u bad. me mad."

Wow. Before I had a lot of sympathy for the girl. Now I feel like she's got what she created herself.

Spoiler

Another thing is that Amaria’s a hardcore yandere in both paths, but it’s just less apparent in the Zekrom one.

In the Zekrom path, she’s putting up a front because Titania is already there and already talked to her. In the Reshiram one, Titania’s gone and you come before Titania, so Amaria acts however she wants. 

I can assume Titania’s presence is keeping her in her senses.

1 minute ago, CaptainMetal said:
  Reveal hidden contents

How do I get the Reshiram route? It's too late for my current playthrough since I already defeated Titania but I'd like to know for future playthroughs.

Spoiler

You need to refuse to battle Taka in the Water Treatment Center.