Baton Pass quickbanned from SM OU

Maybe I just suck at setting up, since I'm still pretty new to the competitive scene, but from a competitive newbie it always seems like people really put an emphasis that Baton Pass teams don't require skill.  I understand the sleep and swagger clauses just fine, but I've mostly felt Baton Pass either got too much credit or too little (depending on the perspective).  Then again, I avoid showdown so I don't have to deal with the overabundance of people almost always using Legends and Mysticals, so I really have no room to talk with authority on this stuff.

2 hours ago, seki108 said:

Maybe I just suck at setting up, since I'm still pretty new to the competitive scene, but from a competitive newbie it always seems like people really put an emphasis that Baton Pass teams don't require skill.  I understand the sleep and swagger clauses just fine, but I've mostly felt Baton Pass either got too much credit or too little (depending on the perspective).  Then again, I avoid showdown so I don't have to deal with the overabundance of people almost always using Legends and Mysticals, so I really have no room to talk with authority on this stuff.

Think it like this. It is an extreme counter team situation, whether if you have mons to stop it or not. Main core of it was scolipede / necrozma / espeon , Scolipede passes speed to these mons, they set up calm mind and sweep with stored power. You need certain specific mons in order to stop this. Due to magic bounce espeon cant be roared or whirlwinded, +2 speed and +1 calm mind boost means 100 BP for stored power along with +1 spatk. Stopping it is a serious problem, even the speed pass itself makes it broken due to the stored power boost it provides regardless. Necrozma on the other hand has more bulk than espeon, cant be killed easily due to prism armor, can also set up some self boosting moves and sweep with stored power aswell.

I still dont get it part : You need hard counter in order to succesfully beat baton pass teams. This restricts teambuilding in a very serious level.

Reason of quickban was implied in the argument where majority of the high ladder on suspect test used this tactic in order to gain requirements faster.