Help me with my team

Gengar601

Btw I’ve already seen the In-game viability rankings, so I’ve got an idea on what’s good and bad in Reborn. I just need some advice on my pokes so far (I’ve got 0 badges), where I can find S, A, and B ranked pokemon generally, and, most importantly, where I can find some good pokes in the area I’m in, particularly Ground types for the 1st gym. Otherwise I’ll just grind my team to around lvl 15 or so and just wing it, since my team wil probably be subpar anyway

Fennikin: lvl 11

Woobat: lvl 8

Stunky: lvl 7

Kricketot: lvl 9

Meowth: lvl 10 (interested in how good Meowth is since I think he’s new so he wasn’t in the viability rankings, but I expect he’s good early, but falls off late game.)

Noibat: lvl 7

Pachirisu: lvl 9

Wingull: lvl 10 (if there’s a better use for the poke snacks, let me know since my save crashed when I got Wingull, so I technically haven’t got him yet)

Edited by Gengar601

Almost all of the Pokemon mentioned are useful in some way except for Noibat. Avoid Noibat at all costs until later. If you can evolve Krieckertot with Technician, yo'll have a very powerful early game Pokemon with Fury Cutter.

First gym is a struggle beacuse of the abilty Aftermath on her voltorbs/electrode

There was one strategy I used which is cheesy but got the work done

Spoiler

Get a trubbish and get it to learn toxic spikes at lv9

Start with it and put up a double layer of toxic spikes

Stall the match up using the chip damage for the toxic and switch in predicts using Pachirisu's Volt Absorb

Good luck!

27 minutes ago, Combat Medic said:

Almost all of the Pokemon mentioned are useful in some way except for Noibat. Avoid Noibat at all costs until later. If you can evolve Krieckertot with Technician, yo'll have a very powerful early game Pokemon with Fury Cutter.

Yeah, Noibat seems like a weak link since it evolves at lvl 48 and doesn’t get any dragon moves. I should have soft reseted when I got my Krickertot until it got Run away, so now I’m stuck with a Swarm Krickertot. Is it still worth it?

25 minutes ago, Chessdude said:

First gym is a struggle beacuse of the abilty Aftermath on her voltorbs/electrode

There was one strategy I used which is cheesy but got the work done

Reveal hidden contents

Get a trubbish and get it to learn toxic spikes at lv9

Start with it and put up a double layer of toxic spikes

Stall the match up using the chip damage for the toxic and switch in predicts using Pachirisu's Volt Absorb

Good luck!

Don’t know if that’ll work, but I might put Trubbish in my team just in case

Edited by Gengar601

trubish is good for the first 2 gyms (at least) Toxic spikes is a good move. About ground types, only if you choose mudkip or turwig, you have burmy that can be a ground type at level 20... I dont remember more right now. Anyway the gym is possible to take on without ground types, grass types get resistance, you only have to beat emolga and the rest would be easyer

From my experience, a decent IV and nature Meowth/Persian with Technician works out REALLY good for most of the early/mid game (STAB Fake Out and Swift, both of which get the Tech bonus, works like a charm specially in double fights).

Right now i'm doing a dark mono run, and i'm in love with Stunky/Skuntank... his base stats aren't that bad, and his moveset is very versatile without the need of getting a specific TM or breeding egg moves (mine has Flamethrower, Acid Spray, Toxic, and Night Slash)

About that ground type, i think that the only one avaliable for you up to that point would be the Onix event (not sure if this triggers before the 1st gym)

Lastly, don't sweat it too much with the ranking, just play the game and figure out what works for you =)