New Forum, New Tricks. Learn some here!

Shanco

This forum has some new features that set it apart from the old one. It can take some time getting used to, but once you get the hang of things, you'll come to appreciate the upgraded software. Below are some things you can now do with it:

Logging on

• If you're having trouble logging on, it may be because your username and Display Name have now been harmonized and you use your Display Name to log in.
    • Case in point, under the old forum my username was rc52, which was my old Display Name. It became Shanco later on, but I still logged in using rc52 for a user name. Now my login is my Display Name (aka Shanco or whatever it may be at the time), and the login info changes as my username does.

Formatting

• When using a Link, you may simply embed it into previously typed text by highlighting what you want the link to embed into and then clicking the Link / 3642d1cfa496488c8739e7fbd7ac58dd.png button.
  • The Quote / http://image.prntscr.com/image/e0824f49b7374c1eabbc405a4ee1d52d.png and Spoiler / 207ead0aa4cc433cbe9da1d3db7422b3.png buttons work identically. You can either add the boxes first, then put text and images into them, or you can highlight the text you want to put into the Quotes or Spoilers before clicking on the respective buttons. 
  • If you want to add sub-bullets to a list like this one, there are two ways to go about this.
    • The first one is by starting a new bullet and then pressing Tab. The bullet will indent and become hollow. Once you are done with the sub-bullets, press Enter twice to return to normal bullets.
    • The second one is accomplished by the Increase Indent button, right next to the Bulleted List button. Once you are done with the sub-bullets, press the next button over, Decrease Indent, once you get to the next line.

Images

• Posting a link of a picture into your post will cause the forum to automatically embed the image. This is something to keep in mind when posting in a screenshot thread. If you don't want this, you may look for the prompt.
  • If you are using Firefox or Chrome, you can copy an image directly into the post by simply right-clicking, selecting "Copy Image", and pasting. Saves you time chasing the URL.
  • To make the picture itself turn into a link, highlight the picture, press the Link / 3642d1cfa496488c8739e7fbd7ac58dd.png button, and put the destination URL.

Before posting

• Check the box below your post that says "Notify me of replies" to get Notifications to the top right of the forum that alert you to whenever someone else posts in the thread in question. Otherwise, you will only be notified if your post is Quoted or gains Reputation.
  • If you want to preview what you're writing, click on the Preview / 18c6444a101648cc8c68d9ae44e7dd30.png button. There will be three options: Desktop, Tablet and Mobile. I'd personally only worry about these options if your post is heavy on images, for larger images can pose viewing headaches.

If there are any more, feel free to add them in! After all I'm sure there are more to come.

27 minutes ago, Shanco said:

Formatting

• When using a Link, you may simply embed it into previously typed text by highlighting what you want the link to embed into and then clicking the Link / 3642d1cfa496488c8739e7fbd7ac58dd.png button.
  • The Quote / http://image.prntscr.com/image/e0824f49b7374c1eabbc405a4ee1d52d.png and Spoiler / 207ead0aa4cc433cbe9da1d3db7422b3.png buttons work identically. You can either add the boxes first, then put text and images into them, or you can highlight the text you want to put into the Quotes or Spoilers before clicking on the respective buttons. 
  • If you want to add sub-bullets to a list like this one, there are two ways to go about this.
    • The first one is by starting a new bullet and then pressing Tab. The bullet will indent and become hollow. Once you are done with the sub-bullets, press Enter twice to return to normal bullets.
    • The second one is accomplished by the Increase Indent button, right next to the Bulleted List button. Once you are done with the sub-bullets,

Once you are done with the sub-bullets, what?

Image result for suspense gif