X and Y PSA: Pick up your free Pokeball Vivillon!

CURIE

If you've ever tried collecting all the types of Vivillon, you might notice that up until now, the Pokeball pattern has been by far the hardest to find. It and the Fancy pattern are only available through events. The difference, though, is that the Fancy Vivillon got a worldwide release, while the Pokeball one has only been given out at specific places and times in Japan, Germany, and France.

Well now, if you're reading this and live in North America, there's FINALLY an event distribution where you can get the Pokeball Vivillon and complete your collection... but it ends on August 12th, only six days from when I am typing this. So if I were you, I'd go download it A.S.A.P. Unless you're reading this in the near future when August 12 has passed, in which case sucks for you.

Downloading it is the same as getting the event Torchic and the Fancy pattern Vivillon. On the X/Y title screen, instead of choosing "Continue", go down and pick "Mystery Gift". From there, pick "Recive Gift" and "Get Via Internet", and after some loading, the Vivillon should appear. Accept and download it, then load your save file and go to any Pokemon center. Next to Nurse Joy should be a delivery girl who isn't usually there. Talk to her and she'll give you your Vivillon if you have room in your party for it.

The Vivillon itself, interestingly enough, comes in a regular Pokeball, not a Cherish Ball. It's level 12 with the moves Stun Spore, Gust, Light Screen, and Struggle Bug, has an OT of "SUM2014", has no held item, and carries a Classic Ribbon. So basically, there's nothing special about it other than the fact that it's a Pokeball pattern.

Edited by Eagleby18

Thx man for telling me about this. I hadn't been checking the serebii events as much lately, and with a window of only 6 days to get it, I probably would have missed it. Serebii.net has this information too, but I saw it here first. So, again thanks man for bringing this to my attention. I have the pokeball pattern Vivillon. Also. I'm adding that on August 13th that you can get a free lvl 50 heracross if you are playing X version, and a lvl 50 Pinsir if you are playing Y version, and starting on the 18th of this month you can get their respective megastones as well. Basically the megastone gifted will be the one that you normally can't get in your copy of the game: Pinsirite for Pokemon Y and Heracronite for Pokemon X. Why don't they just make them hold the Stones for the first event? I mean, they aren't even holding ANYTHING whatsoever. I don't see the point in running those 2 events in tandem with each other instead of running one event in which they are holding their respective megastones. I mean X and Y each are respectively getting the megastone that corresponds with it's respective pokemon that is being given to the same game anyways. I just think it's wierd and pointless to do it that way. either way. the pinsir and heracross event will still be going on way after August 18th, so just get them at the same time by waiting until the 18th to go to gamestop to download it. yes, that's right, it is a gamestop download, not a wi-fi download. Both of them are...

...The more you know... :ph34r: