[OU Team] Who needs weather anyways? (Peak #10)

Rycast

Who needs weather anyways?
Hey guys, I'm Rycast or Ry for short, and this is my first RMT so I apologize in advance for all the mistakes I'll make and things I leave out. In my short time here at Reborn, I've developed a love/hate relationship with the different tiers. All the weather abusers available in OU, damn that's gonna increase the number of rain teams I run into. However, there are some other pokes that dropped from ubers, which in my opinion, helps balance the metagame. I laddered with this team for a bit, and wow so much weather. Not that I'm complaining since I tend to run a sun team myself, but I wanted to keep weatherless offense a thing. Without further ado, let's get to the team.

At a glance
386-speed.gif485.gif130.gif286.gif642.gif620.gif
The Team
386-speed.gif @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Magic Coat

- Stealth Rock

- Psychic

- Taunt

Zoom. The first of the two ubers on this team is Deoxy-S, one of the best suicide leads in the meta. Standard Taunt and Stealth Rocks, Psychic so I can hit anything except dark types, and Magic Coat for all the pranksters out there, Sash so it can last a hit. Honestly, I wanna change this set but I can't decide what moves to swap for. I've been fine with it so far, except for the fact that it can't do anything to offensive Tyranitar leads except maybe taunt if it wants to set rocks/Dragon Dance/Rock Polish.

485.gif @ Air Balloon

Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Lava Plume
I still laugh when people see BalloonTran and proceed to EQ it anyways. This Heatran set is built to tank a hit and phaze things trying to set up. It also forms a part of my Fire/Water/Grass core with Gyarados and Breloom. I've seen it survive at least one hit from many variants of Politoeds minus the Specs. Most of the physical hitters that attack this thing with priority usually end up getting burned, thanks to Flame Body. While Heatran still has a balloon on, it can switch in to an expected EQ and proceed to phaze it out to scout the opposing team, kill things weak to one of its attacks, or leave it as fodder to a physical attacker, hoping to get the burn.
130.gif @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 20 HP / 56 Atk / 180 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
This is what I usually end up sweeping with. The second part of the core, Moxie Gyarados can wreck unprepared teams. Most times, I switch in on a resisted scarfed move, DDance once or twice and that's game. I originally had Bounce over Ice Fang, but it kept missing in the most important situations, and Ice always helps against Dragons. The EVs are so it get an extra point of Leftovers, Atk is at an even 300 which is still pretty good, Def so it can tank more hits, and max speed. This EV spread is has definitely been important, after all the close calls I've had. There were moments that Gyarados was my last mon standing, close to death and it looks like one more priority move can finish it off, but nope, It tanks the Ice Shard/Mach Punch/ESpeed and proceeds to turn the battle around and win =D
286.gif @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
Idk what to say about this Breloom set. It finishes my Gyara/Tran/Loom? core and carries a surprise for the opponent. Focus Punch>Swords Dance because I already had MoxieDos as my set up sweeper. Basically, this thing switches in on something slower like a Ferrothorn, Spore it, and then Falcoooo... Erm, Focus Punch something not a ghost type to death! People usually expect a Swords Dance after the spore, so they switch in something that can take a +2 Mach Punch and kill it. However, that's not the case here. Whatever comes next, provided it's not a ghost type, is smashed by a wrecking ball. If the switched in pokemon does not die, then it's probably near death thanks to having rocks up and can be finished off with one more Mach Punch.
642.gif @ Expert Belt
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Psychic
The second uber of the team, Thundurus performs a crucial role on this team - Prankster T-Wave. It basically shut's down weather abusers other than Excadrill, which Breloom says hi to with Mach Punch. Volt Switch for momentum, and part of the VoltTurn core with Mienshao, HP Ice for things that switch in to absorb the Volt Switch (I'm looking at you Garchomp), and Psychic for coverage. I had Focus Blast before but it tends to live up to the second part of it's nickname Focus Miss, especially when I need it the most. I changed it to HP Fighting for a bit but that barely did anything to max SpD Tyranitar in sand, so I just switched to Psychic seeing as I already had two fighting types. Expert Belt > Life Orb since it's already got a weakness to rocks and it's gonna be switching a lot so let's not add to the poison.
620.gif @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Stone Edge
Mienshao has to be one of my favorite pokemon. It reminds me of a killer kung fu lady that I've seen somewhere before, maybe because that's what it is. Most people run the other set consisting of Fake Out / U-turn / Regenerator Mienshao, but I needed something that hits hard and fast. Reckless Choice Scarf Mienshao fit perfectly. Outspeeding AND Ohko'ing Scarfed Genesects, plus a lot of others with Hi Jump Kick, this Mienshao has a similar role as Spore / Focus Punch Breloom. Stone Edge for fire types like Chandelure and Flying types like Gyarados. Yet another HP Ice, but this is so I can hit other scarfed/DDance dragons because I don't have Ice Shard on this team. As always, U-Turn helps with scouting and dealing with fast psychics like Espeon and Alakazam.
Well, I'm done with that so time for a conclusion. I've had a lot fun times and close calls with this team, it's too bad this is probably the only place I can use it. I'd appreciate some constructive criticism and your opinions on this, so feel free to reply! Once again, I apologize for the terribad quality of this RMT since it is my first one and I'm doing this at 2:00 in the morning. Why? No idea, but thanks for reading!
Peak

2j4ouft.jpg

Exportable

ZoomZoomZoom (Deoxys-S) @ Focus Sash

Trait: Pressure

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)

- Magic Coat

- Stealth Rock

- Psychic

- Taunt

Domo (Heatran) (M) @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flame Body
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 SDef / 252 Spd
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Lava Plume
Suijin (Gyarados) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 20 HP / 56 Atk / 180 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
Ender (Breloom) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Spore
- Mach Punch
- Focus Punch
- Bullet Seed
Voltaire (Thundurus) (M) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
- Thunder Wave
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Psychic
Mei Ling (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hi Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [ice]
- Stone Edge

Edited by Rycast

Just a suggestion on the team but I gotta say, this is a pretty good team against most people that proceed to use extremely cheap and obnoxious sets such as Excadrill (Sand Rush), Ludicolo (Swift Swim), and Stallrein/Stallgong. Illy Pandora, I luv u bby.

TAUNT. Mienshao, Thundurus, and Gyarados all learn this move and can be very important into the meta because there is a lot of Skarmories, Forretresses, and the occasionally Bronzong in Reborn floating about. You also have a nasty Stealth Rock weakness with Gyarados and Thundurus which could limit the time you could keep them alive. For the flowability to keep it balanced, here's your options...

-A; Replace Mienshao's Hidden Power [ice] with Taunt as there is really no change you could do. However, the set you have with him will break the whole OU Revenge killer set so don't think about this option unless you either want to make a completely new set with Mienshao with Life Orb; Regenerator

-B; Switch out Psychic for Taunt on Thundurus. Most of the threats nowadays will take less damage from Psychic and are more vulnerable to Psyshock. (The only two exceptions being Conkledurr and the very rare Heracross) Taunt can shut down on almost every setup pokemon imaginable from Chansey/Blissey from stunning or going on wish support, to removing Stealth Rocks and spikes from Forretress, Skarmory, or Bronzong, and shutting down a lot of sub sets from Latias/Latios, Breloom, Gliscor, and potential ridding of SD Excadrill and Rock Polish Landorus.

The other option is to use Taunt on Gyarados but with the set you have, it'll kill nearly every electric type with EQ already after a +1 Dragon Dance. (Only one living being Rotom-W) Hope this tip has helped!

Edited by Cowtao

Thanks for the feedback Cowtao, I've been considering taunt over Psychic on Thundurus since I almost never use it. I'll be sure to see if it works better for the team.