Accessible Team Members right off the bat

TotallyNotLuck

• Global Mods

well pancham is after julia at the obsidia slums i would reccommend to drop noibat and if you want to use you can pick it up right after kiki and it would be close to evolving i also reccomend a poocheyana or/and krickertot and drop them at shade/corey respectivly also you can get budew before julia (all of the mons are usefull someway you have to play the short and long game it's just the way you play the first i played reborn i had boxes full of a lot of mons just to be prepared for every strat i want to do)

17 minutes ago, TotallyNotLuck said:

So, I've restarted back to before Julia. My team's Grotle, Noibat and Espurr. Any recommendations for gym leaders/hard boss battles? Or any TMs or items I should pick up? I want to get a Pancham maybe.

A few of the Pokemon that you could use are a Goldeen with the lightningrod ability, you could get the Kricketot and evolve it (Technician and fury cutter isn't a bad combo for the start), Mightyena with Moxie is pretty good, Trubbish gets toxic spikes relatively early on so that could provide help with some poison, and if your Grotle has Curse on it, it could set up with that move and take a few of her mons out. 

4 minutes ago, Norman Guy said:

A few of the Pokemon that you could use are a Goldeen with the lightningrod ability, you could get the Kricketot and evolve it (Technician and fury cutter isn't a bad combo for the start), Mightyena with Moxie is pretty good, Trubbish gets toxic spikes relatively early on so that could provide help with some poison, and if your Grotle has Curse on it, it could set up with that move and take a few of her mons out. 

Eh, not too keen on those Pokemon. Something with a more distinguishing type, or a newer pokemon (gen 6 or 7) would be more preferred.

Well your options are quite limited for the first gym so you have to make due with what you have readily available. But here's a list of Pokemon by gym that I have saved found.

Spoiler

9 hours ago, TotallyNotLuck said:

is Muk any good? wb Klefki? in the long run I mean.

I can't save very much about Klefki since I personally haven't used it all that much, except that I know that with it's prankster ability that it can set up entry hazards along with with some status affects if need be. Also can't forget screens since those are also very helpful, so Klefki can very easily be helpful. But Muk I would say isn't really all that bad. In my play-through Muk helped me up until around the seventh gym-minimize and poison gas was something I loved to use. If you plan on using Muk I would go with the alolan-form over it's original form since it only has one weakness to it. But again the reason I find Muk to be so useful is based off of personal experience. Your battles are most likely gonna be vastly different than mine played out.