Turtwig or Piplup?

ChocolateChip

Turtwig or Piplup  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Turtwig or Piplup?

I'm very torn and would love to get your advice on what to do. I played through the game up until Aya and of course am currently struggling with that play through. So I decided to move the file over and start a second playthrough to correct some of my mistakes I made in the first run. I started with Piplup, because one of my regrets was not picking a water starter simply because of the lack of good water types until deep in, but of course now I'm starting to second guess myself and thinking of doing a thirdd file save to pick turtwig. Which would kinda suck to catch up to where I am in the second run through which is near the point of saving the park.

Basically my reasons:

Piplup = Gets a Steel typing in the third evo which will help with Aya and also gain a tonnn of resistances

Turtwig = Gains a ground typing/earthquake on third evo = Beast

When I look at Obtainable pokemon list though I can't seem to find a good water type until the Island. At least one I would like, so a major con with Turtwig /: With Aya I've heard Magnezone and Gardevoir is where it's at which is definitely doable for me if I don't continue with Piplup. Which honestly I'll get both regardless of which route I'll pick.

I don't know tho >.< What do you guys think?

I've thought of making a second game as well but i'm so torn. Because of how long it would take to play it over again holds me back on it but i would like to get a nice and powerful Fire type starter (which i kind of regret not doing from the start. Got mudkip and he's not exactly putting in work.) Not only that but you can get Mudkip kind of early and other good water and grass type pokemon, but good fire types are hard to come by.

Piplup sucks

Turtwig does work

Aya isn't that hard you have to build your team around her.

Seriously though, i've used both of those starters, couldn't do anything with Piplup except lose trainer battles.

Oh whoa xD I wasn't expecting anyone to post in here again. I actually ended up picking Piplup a few days after starting this since it was at 3-1 for a while. I don't really regret or look back on it now, so that's good.

I've thought of making a second game as well but i'm so torn. Because of how long it would take to play it over again holds me back on it but i would like to get a nice and powerful Fire type starter (which i kind of regret not doing from the start. Got mudkip and he's not exactly putting in work.) Not only that but you can get Mudkip kind of early and other good water and grass type pokemon, but good fire types are hard to come by.

I was actually kinda excited to go through it a second time, cause you know what's ahead, all the secrets, pokemon events and you even find new pokemon you didn't even know was there the first time. x) So maybe you might not be so nervous to do it? Idk, my second time around is a bit more exciting. So if you think you're regretting your first playthrough you might have more fun on the second playthrough with your fire starter choice.

Hmm really? O.o Vulpix, Growlithe and Magby especially are great fire types. Magby at the beginning of the game, Vulpix is good with drought and actually did more damage than my Growlithe at one point. So fire types are actually very easy to get, magby is almost right away. <3

Piplup sucks

Turtwig does work

Aya isn't that hard you have to build your team around her.

Seriously though, i've used both of those starters, couldn't do anything with Piplup except lose trainer battles.

Awh xD Piplup has actually treated me very well. It's definitely hard to start off with, with all the gym disadvantages, but in terms of water types, there's nothing that can beat piplup for a longgg time. Or at least felt like for me when I played it the first time around. Well actually there's better water types starters I think >.> I just like the steel addition once it gets to 3rd evo.

Turtwig I always love <3 I love that grass/ground typing and earthquake at a youngun age. x.x Love <3 But since the polls was 3-1 I went with Piplup still xD

Yeah v.v I didn't build a team around her at all lmao and that was my problem. I fixed that this time around. Plus this was Episode 8 without common candies and my Alakazam and Serperior were both overleveled and not listening to me. x.x

Piplup because it's adorable x_x

Very <3 xD

Thank you all tho for your input and votes. <3 It brought me from unsure to sticking with Mr.Kaisui aka Piplup and it's Evo.

Edited by ChocolateChip

You can get gyarados by the second gym. And it rocks until about level 30 when dragon rage doesnt do as much damage. I've just never liked Empoleon, I mean he's cool and all (and he's no Meganium) but I've just never thought he was the powerhouse he could be.

You can get gyarados by the second gym. And it rocks until about level 30 when dragon rage doesnt do as much damage. I've just never liked Empoleon, I mean he's cool and all (and he's no Meganium) but I've just never thought he was the powerhouse he could be.

That's true, I always think about that. I sort of revert back to raising it up to level 20, which is always a tedious task. Even if it is a swift swimmer. xD

True. I wish his stats could be better, but the resistances help.

Edited by ChocolateChip

Hmm really? O.o Vulpix, Growlithe and Magby especially are great fire types. Magby at the beginning of the game, Vulpix is good with drought and actually did more damage than my Growlithe at one point. So fire types are actually very easy to get, magby is almost right away. <3

I had magby but he can't evolve ftm. Vulpix has drought but i don't want that to be a hinderance to the rest of my team. and without it hes not that good. And growlithe i'm not too sure why i don't. But regardless i feel like a fire/fighting type would "kick but and chew bubblegum"

So I decided to move the file over and start a second playthrough to correct some of my mistakes I made in the first run.

All right, i'm so stupid when it comes to stuff with computers. What file did you move over to allow yourself to keep your old one and create a new one?

go to my documents > my games > pokemon rebor

should be a file called game.rxdata

change the name to like game - file 1 and then you can start a new game

also fire/fighting does poop on Florinia, but Cradily still is bulkly enough to take 3-4 STAB fighting attacks. I find it that getting a toxic on cradily works best for me cause then cradily can't recover stall. Though you can always put it to sleep and hope for a 5 turn sleep.

I had magby but he can't evolve ftm. Vulpix has drought but i don't want that to be a hinderance to the rest of my team. and without it hes not that good. And growlithe i'm not too sure why i don't. But regardless i feel like a fire/fighting type would "kick but and chew bubblegum"

What Ussi said ^^ Although I just move it out xD I'm paranoid with changing save file names, because of a bad experience before. xD So I stick with what works for me, even if it takes a bit longer than changing file names. x)

Ahh, I understand. Hopefully if you decide to take a second run you'll enjoy it as much or more than the first. :)

go to my documents > my games > pokemon rebor

should be a file called game.rxdata

change the name to like game - file 1 and then you can start a new game

also fire/fighting does poop on Florinia, but Cradily still is bulkly enough to take 3-4 STAB fighting attacks. I find it that getting a toxic on cradily works best for me cause then cradily can't recover stall. Though you can always put it to sleep and hope for a 5 turn sleep.

Trust me i still had a hard time with florinia. But i did not get stuck there. I made it to the end of chapter 8. Just was not sure if i was up for a second run through. Though now the idea sounds game to me.

I picked Torchic but i feel like speed boost is a bit unfair (especially early in this particular game). So i turned the game on and off about 6 times before i got blaze. I also got ralts again (got him last time but wanted him to be gallade. that never happened). This time i plan on making her gardevoir and actually using her. I also got whismer who has high special attack and low speed, but uproar with stab and 90 base power this early in the game has 1 hit koed anything that was its level or lower (i killed it off last time but am having fun with him this time). Also got magikarp and plan on actually using him. will probly get budew again and grab electrike this time around since he is one of my favorite pokemon in the game. Overall i am enjoying the 2nd playthrough a lot more then i imagined i would. More then the first one. BTW the file is now called Django Unchained. why not

where is the gyrados? and i think piplup was a good choice it does not suck and it becomes somewhat a tank when its half steel type

where is the gyrados? and i think piplup was a good choice it does not suck and it becomes somewhat a tank when its half steel type

You can get a Magikarp from a fisherman in the Grand Hall. ;)

To be honest, I personally would choose Turtwig because

A ) if you already chose a piplup already, then you should try something else

B ) it has access to wood hammer, EQ, and leech seed (as well as curse, synthesis [only more useful on a sunny day team], crunch, and if Ame puts in more TMs, then rock polish, swords dance, substitute [sub-seed yeah] and toxic)

Edited by Lunar081