the lv75 pokemon

chuckles

What you can do is attach a Focus Band to a Ghost type with Curse (Duskull is an easy one to get) and keep retrying until the Focus Band activates, letting you survive a hit so you can use Curse. Solaris has about three Full Restores but if you bring a team full of Sturdy users you can stall him long enough. He doesn't give much exp, so it's pointless to bring your main pokemon. Just use a Ghost and some Sturdy pokemon to stall him out (Nosepass, for instance).

The only benefit to winning against him is that he gives a hefty chunk of money. The method I just stated is pretty easy as long as your Band activates, though, so you might as well beat him. That's how I did it, anyway. It's not required, though, so if you just want to move along with the story then lose to him.

Edited by Ashka

Well i know i CAN. To be more specific i have my scrafty using sand attack, it survives fire fang and stone edge but for dragon rush i need it to miss and for earthquake i need focus band to activate. sadly he mostly uses earthquake. After that i keep using sand attack until he kills off scrafty then i use my ampharos to try and get 2 cotton spores out, or have him activate its static and paralyze itself. Even if i cant get that done i'll switch to typhlosion and try to get some Leers in, then when he's done i bring out gyarados with a brightpowder to help. Gyarados knows ice fang. one time i got 6 leers out actually but he barely survived the ice fang then got lucky with a stone edge and gyarados was done. However if i can get at least 3-4 leers out i know i can 2shot him. so i am still trying.

• Administrators

Right- it's basically luck-based or impractical no matter how you look at it. If you use Ashka's strategy I'd suggest a really low level something with Sturdy, because healing it- say, with a Super Potion- will bring it up to full and reset Sturdy.

The way I see it, if you're not already prepared for it, then it's not really worth the extra effort.

EDIT: Er, rather, what I mean is if you want to win you basically need to be prepared in advance.

Pretty much. Trying to win by getting lucky with accuracy or sleep or something just isn't worth it - there's too much luck involved. You can just lose, or if you really hate losing catch a low-level Sturdy pokemon and a Duskull and proceed along that line.

Edited by Ashka

Just beat him finally after like 40 tries. Got lucky he used dragon rush on my ampharos and paralyzed himself and i got 6 leers in, then my gyarados' ice fang took him almost all the way down 3 times and the guy kept using full restores, but on the 4th hit i got a critical and beat him. 7500 bucks, nice. Odd thing though, victoria still says i lost, no way. So....that doesnt make sense. Ame should probably change it at least a little for if you win.

i could have used a duskull with curse or something with sturdy but that isnt as interesting now is it XD The fact that i did it with the pokemon i came with, even if it took like an hour of trying, made me feel a lot more accomplished.

Edited by chuckles

chuckles, on 12 Apr 2013 - 23:12, said:

Just beat him finally after like 40 tries. Got lucky he used dragon rush on my ampharos and paralyzed himself and i got 6 leers in, then my gyarados' ice fang took him almost all the way down 3 times and the guy kept using full restores, but on the 4th hit i got a critical and beat him. 7500 bucks, nice. Odd thing though, victoria still says i lost, no way. So....that doesnt make sense. Ame should probably change it at least a little for if you win.

Congrats! :) Yes, atm there is no different dialogue if you win (I don't think Ame expected people to). Later on there may be, but for now there's no difference other than the fact that you're richer. :D

Although it still does kind of make sense anyway because Solaris says something like "There's no point in continuing...". Even if you beat his Garchomp, he would still in all likelihood have five more pokemon to smack you with, so Victoria's "X lost?" still applies. I mean, even if you won, the Garchomp probably made its mark on your team. xD

Edited by Ashka