Fly High (MONO FLYING)

Summer

Alright, as I haven't been around lately, I've decided to do a RMT as a sort of apology. Here's a team of high-flyers, ready to soar in battle.

Good song is good.

TEAM SUMMARY

This mono-Flying is based on weakening the foe first before cleaning up the rest. Here, meet the members:

277.gif (M) @ Flame Orb

Trait: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Brave Bird

- Facade

- Protect

Swellow may look pretty frail (it actually is >>), but it packs a punch when Guts kick in. Moreover, Swellow is one of the fastest birds, if not the fastest, making it extremely useful in cleaning up or plain sweeping. Protect helps to stall and kick Flame Orb into action, while Brave Bird and Facade does some serious STAB with Guts. I had teams beaten by this set because they underestimate the awesomeness of this bird. U-turn is great for scouting and doing damage without getting burned at the end of the turn.

227.gif (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SDef

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Drill Peck

- Stealth Rock

- Roost

- Whirlwind

Typical Steel Armor Bird set. This set revolves around stalling and stuff. Stealth Rocks will MUST go up in order to fully utilize Dragonite, which I'll come to in a minute. Roost and Whirlwind does their stuff and Drill Peck to finish stuff off. Now, Drill Peck > Brave Bird as the recoil will kill Sturdy, which is not cool.

468.gif (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Serene Grace

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Roost

- Aura Sphere

- Nasty Plot

- Air Slash

Now, Togekiss here is my bulky setter. She comes in on troublesome SAttackers and set up right in front of them. Roost will easily cover the damage the foe slowly chipped away and Nasty Plot brings up her SAtk to tremedous power, making her a dangerous tank. Aura Sphere and Air Slash are for coverage, of course.

149.gif (M) @ Leftovers

Trait: Multiscale

EVs: 4 HP / 136 Atk / 116 SAtk / 252 SDef

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Roost

- Dragon Tail

- Thunder Wave

- Draco Meteor

Dragonite is my basic wall. He has great bulk and stronger attack, coupled with the amazing Multiscale, which cuts SE moves into two when at full HP. Roost will constantly make Mutliscale usable. Thunder Wave will stop sweepers (usually) and Dragon Tail will force sneaky stones on the enemy. Draco Meteor is my back-up plan, in case Dnite happens to look like dying.

472.gif (M) @ Toxic Orb

Trait: Poison Heal

EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Def / 4 Spd

Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)

- Bulldoze

- Substitute

- Swords Dance

- Ice Fang

Physical Wall and Status taker. Sub + Sword Dance has been a tried and cool tactic in gen 4 and is still usable. However, I chose Bulldoze over Earhquake for the -1 speed, which cripples unparalyzed sweepers (unless they happen to be scarfed or Trick Room) and besides, a +2 Bulldoze kills almost anything not bulky.

169.gif (F) @ Black Sludge

Trait: Infiltrator

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Cross Poison

- Roost

- Brave Bird

My last resort. I hardly use her unless I'm forced to, seeing Swellow and Glisor usually do the sweeping for me. She's basically a 2nd version of Swellow, except less power, more bulk. In that sense, Flying/Poison resists many things, like Fighting and Grass. Roost will take care of the HP, while Cross Poison tries for a crit and Brave Bird for heavy STAB.

So, this team is really, really working for me. It even has a good record (good for my standard =\)

Here are your records: 16 wins, 7 losses, and 0 ties.

Thus your winning percentage is (not counting ties) 69.57% Keep battling!

It's pretty solid on it's own, and it's working out! I do actually plan on listening to any good suggestions, so if you have anything to say, do tell me.

Alright, you know what to do.

It look nice. Maybe want to try to lead with crobat and run taunt>cross poison if you want to provide SR, it's always nice to have a big multiscale dnite up for the sweep, or for that set, survive an incoming dragon/weak ice move.

And cross poison is an overall meh move anyway :/

Edited by Skwayz

Xatu>crobat.

Xatu stops those hazards that cripple any mono flying team. Xatu can also help you set up dual screens, as well as set up sunny day to get rid of rain and sand. Crobat also plays the least vital role in your team so I chose him to be up for the chopping block.

Starraptor > Swellow

Starraptor has accses to close combat, brave bird, and u turn. killer moves right there and a choice scarf/band set could be used to lead.

Xatu>crobat.

Xatu stops those hazards that cripple any mono flying team. Xatu can also help you set up dual screens, as well as set up sunny day to get rid of rain and sand. Crobat also plays the least vital role in your team so I chose him to be up for the chopping block.

Starraptor > Swellow

Starraptor has accses to close combat, brave bird, and u turn. killer moves right there and a choice scarf/band set could be used to lead.

I will consider Xatu over Crobat. You're right, it is the least useful in this team.

As for Swellow, he's here to stay. Swellow is way faster then Staraptor, which doesn't last long anyways.

Now with team expotable!

Swellow (M) @ Flame Orb

Trait: Guts

EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd

Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)

- U-turn

- Brave Bird

- Facade

- Protect

Skarmory (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Sturdy

EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SDef