E17 Route 3 Tag Team

Prior to Episode 17 I've had no trouble here but dear god the Aster and Eclipse battle in Route 3 is actually the most infuriating battle I've done.

The battle would be completely manageable were it not for the fact that almost every Pokémon Aster and Eclipse has can and typically will oneshot all of Aya's team. Or, I get lucky and they single out my Pokémon.

Aya's pre-17 team was a lot more managable in this fight, especially with new Pokémon like Salazzle and Lycanroc (despite being fitting for her team) never surviving more than a single turn and after every single attempt leaving me in a 1v2 situation.

No amount of grinding and team readjustment has proven helpful, as the combination of Reflectscreen, Rock Slide conveniently flinching me, and the aforementioned 2v1 situation has consistently defeated me.

I've always thought that that battle is one of the hardest battles in Reborn and I really don't know how to help you. The only advice I can give is that 7 mons are weak to grass and 6 to water. And maybe Brick Breack could help you against the Reflectscreen problem.

Good luck!

2 minutes ago, Thiazzi said:

I've always thought that that battle is one of the hardest battles in Reborn and I really don't know how to help you. The only advice I can give is that 7 mons are weak to grass and 6 to water. And maybe Brick Breack could help you against the Reflectscreen problem.

Good luck!

Oh dang I somehow completely forgot that Brick Break was given out. That would actually be a godsend here. Thanks a bunch!