Trait: Contrary

EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd

Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)

- Leaf Storm

- Dragon Pulse

- Reflect

- Light Screen

Egypt

It can really be good attacking and supporting the team with Screens as it's very fast

Leaf Storm for STAB and SAtk boost

Dragon Pulse against Dragons and those who resist Grass

Reflect and Light Screen to boost team's defences

621.gif@ Life Orb

Trait: Sheer Force

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)

- Outrage

- Fire Punch

- Rock Slide

- ThunderPunch

Assyria

The dragon powerhouse of the team, resist lots of types

Outrage for maximum STAB Dragon type damage

Fire Punch against Steel types + Sheer Force

Rock Slide to hit multiple opponents + Sheer Force

ThunderPunch against Water types + Sheer Force

625.gif@ Leftovers

Trait: Defiant

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Swords Dance

- Dual Chop

- Sucker Punch

- Stealth Rock

Babylon

This is a reliable Sucker Puncher and with good defence, it's awesome

Swords Dance to boost Attack

Dual Chop against Dragons, with the upper hand resisting Dragon types

Sucker Punch for priority + STAB

Stealth Rock so I can take down opponents slightly easier

579.gif@ Life Orb/Leftovers

Trait: Magic Guard

EVs: 172 HP / 80 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Trick Room

- Psychic

- Energy Ball

- Focus Blast

Eva

Having a good typing and good bulk to set up Trick Room, it can deal lots of damage too

Psychic against Poison and Fighting types mainly

Energy Ball against Rock, Ground and Water types

Focus Blast for Dark and Steel types

626.gif@ Choice Band/Leftovers

Trait: Reckless

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

- Head Charge

- Superpower

- Wild Charge

- Payback

Lucifer

The beast of the team, having only one weakness and one immunity

Head Charge dealing lots of damage with STAB + Reckless

Superpower against Steel and Rock types

Wild Charge against Water and Flying types + Reckless

Payback being good for its slow speed, good against Psychic and Ghost types

609.gif@ Leftovers/Life Orb

Trait: Shadow Tag

EVs: 252 HP / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef

Quiet Nature (+SAtk, -Spd)

- Trick Room

- Heat Wave

- Shadow Ball

- Memento

Morning Star

Having enough bulk, but not a great defensive typing to set up Trick Room

And deals lots of damage

Trick Room to set up

Heat Wave to hit multiple opponents + STAB

Shadow Ball for STAB and good against Ghost + Psychic types

Memento to troll Legendary Pokémon the leaders are gonna have

589.gif@ Choice Band/Leftovers

Trait: Swarm

EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef

- Swords Dance

- Iron Head

- Megahorn

- Pursuit

Alexander

This awesome one beast army deals so much damage, it's unbelievable

Swords Dance useful with a defensive set

Iron Head for STAB

Megahorn to deal insanely wicked damage

Pursuit to deal with fleeing opponents

The reason I didn't choose a Legendary Pokémon, is for challenge and because I'm not really familiar with them

And these are really good, so why not?

Being able to change items + EVs can make this team more varied

Edited by FraRPetO

• Administrators

Well for one you seem a little confident that you'll beat her but at least you're not phazer

And two I don't think you know how the League works but that's not a huge deal << >>

it totally is.

AS FOR THE ACTUAL RMT THING

Looks good as a whole- you've used multi-target moves wherever possible (even if Braviary seems to be the only choice for that) and a decent strategy that not many of the leaders run themselves...

Serperior is pretty standard but extremely single-target so it stands a good chance of getting wrecked in multi-battles, moreso by special threats because you have Reflect. That's not to say it'll be useless though.

Braviary seems pretty standard too, not much to say here. I'm sure you're only using Rock Slide for Sheer Force, but, that works out well for possible triple battles, and nearly matches the power of Stone Edge for single battles. Good.

Keep in mind with Cacturne that, although Sucker Punch is good, it's useless if you get out-predicted; i.e. I doubt the Psychic leader will try to attack you knowing a Sucker Punch is waiting. Grass and Electric don't have the best coverage; steel-types for one will probably run you over considering its low speed and resistance to Sucker Punch.

Slowking doesn't have the best Sp.Atk but I suppose it's passable since STAB and anything weak to Ice that matters is probably 4x weak to it. Trick Room seems to be a good strategy, but keep in mind the other leaders that use it will probably use it against you. And really it's not hard to lower your Speed IV to 0 and use a negative nature, if they choose to :P

Emboar seems standard, Reckless with as many recoil moves as possible. I don't think there's really anything that can wall that, but I imagine you'd probably be taking yourself out pretty quickly with all that recoil plus stray attacks in doubles/triples, especially considering most Flying attacks can reach anywhere in triples.

Golurk is a good choice for Trick Room because it's so bulky and has really good Attack, but horrendous Speed without Rock Polish. Looks solid, but your only option in Triples to hit everything is to spam Earthquake and hurt yourself too. If you're okay with that, then it seems legit, in the most honest sense of the phrase.

Overall, aside from Serperior, everything seems to have low-mediocre speed, so if your Trick Room gets stopped somehow (or even reversed by another use of it; I'm looking at you, Saya) you could be in trouble. At the same time, Natures, items and EVs are readily changeable, so maybe that isn't a huge problem. You don't have many multi-target moves; I'm not one to talk though, cause lol:

129.png

Neither did I.

Carracosta having Earthquake is a mistake I just now noticed; pretty sure that should be Waterfall.

Regardless with enough skill I'm sure this should work out at least decently.

I wanted to use most 5 gen pokemon in it, and underused ones as well

Serperior was the only decent special attacker that comes with Reflect, and Dragon Pulse was an awesome addition for the update, so I went with it

I was plannting to use Galvantula at first, but it didn't have Reflect

I've always loved Emboar, so it came with the team, otherwise it would have been conkeldurr with lots of new punching moves from the update

I had Drain Punch instead of ThunderPunch on Cacturne, but I wanted more elemental moves instead of fighting moves. Just like my current team, it has too much fighting type moves in my opinion, and i'm sure it's a mistake by me. Besides, Cacturne reminds me of Cactuar on Final Fantasy, so I love it

As for Golurk and Slowking, Golurk is my 2nd favorite ghost type, and it got new punching moves for the update as well, so I chose it

Slowking has good enough SAtk to defeat some pokemon, so I'm gonna use it. Good trick room user as well

For speed issues, I can always put speed IVs and maybe Choice Scarf on some Pokemon so I don't need trick room, but slow ones will always use Trick Room

The only move I want is Heat Wave, but I'm sure it won't be much of a problem

• Administrators

Just remember, after you beat Amy, you get one extra pokemon in your card. And it can be ANYTHING! Think about what you can use, and exploit it!

And two I don't think you know how the League works but that's not a huge deal << >>

it totally is.

That's what I was going for lol

And Emboar doesn't care about recoil, he has so much HP

I rarely see it die by recoil moves, it sweeps a whole team then gets killed by someone when trick room is done

That's how it rolls

I see something like choice scarf rotom-W absolutely demolishing this team. Provided he has hp fire, he can outspeed and 1-2HKO every pokemon on this team. So you might want to look into a good steel type. However i see you added bisharp as your sucker puncher on your trainer card which I think is a terrific choice to replace cacturne.

Only two leaders can use Rotom-W, so I am not really worried

I changed it to Bisharp because it's awesome, and I get to have a pure 5 gen team.

They say, trainers with Victini are always victorious ;)

I really like the all gen 5 team its pretty cool. I know that iron fist boosts the punching moves of golurk, but think about a no guard dynamic punch. It could do really well in multi-battles to confuse and do damage to pokes. Its your choice though because the set still works. Anyway great team and goodluck

He's got a point. Especially if you can confuse someone in Doubles and focus on the other. That'd be useful.

Don't have much to say other than that. Is Serp getting DPulse, Rock Slide Wargle, and Golurk's Ice Punch all updates?

Sounds nice.

Hmmm.. It could be useful, especially against Titania, as Shadow Punch and Ice Punch won't do much damage

Against Luna too, I can expect Dark Void in triples against Luna.. Bring it on, baby

No guard golurk outclasses iron fist by a long shot. Trust me. A water type would do this team a lot of good. As you already have a fire type you might want to replace victini with scarfed kyogre. Or maybe pick another water type and switch victini with emboar.

If you are going to run victini, you DEFINITELY need v-create. I'm not sure about druddigon, as i have never used one myself. Oh and something I noticed on serperior, you might wanna loose one of your screens for hp fire, so you're not completely walled by steel types.

I've already said I'm not gonna worry about steel types when using Serperior, besides it actually swept against Titania using Leaf Storm. I don't really want to use V-create, as I like being able to hit in doubles/triples with Searing Shot.

• Administrators

I don't think anyone noticed the Victini is obviously special :P

And good choice too, because you have a lot of physical attackers already.

Most of what I said above is still true I guess, just keep in mind the rules of the X-League are going to make it much harder than the normal one, since you're using a chibi legend against as many as 3 ubers lol. Definitely not impossible though.

Yeah, Ikaru

I used special Victini because I had too many physical attackers

Anyway, I changed Revenge on Druddigon to Sucker Punch, as lack of priority moves didn't work out so well in normal battles, I expect it will be the same against X-league

X-league will be hard indeed. I like challenge :]

Question: Why swords dance as opposed to dragon dance on feraligatr? I would imagine the speed boost plus +1 attack would be more useful in the league than just +2 attack. I'm assuming this is because you have aqua jet. I think you should use the dragon dance variant with waterfall earthquake and ice punch.

• 1 month later...