73.gif@ Black Sludge

Trait: Liquid Ooze

EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SDef

Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)

- Toxic Spikes

- Rapid Spin

- Scald

- Protect

Threats:65.pngAlakazam-257.pngBlaziken-286.pngBreloom-609.pngChandelure-113.pngChansey-91.pngCloyster-534.pngConkeldurr-132.pngDitto-149.pngDragonite-196.pngEspeon-598.pngFerrothorn-445.pngGarchomp-649.pngGenesect-94.pngGengar-472.pngGliscor-130.pngGyarados-612.pngHaxorus-485.pngHeatran-635.pngHydreigon-593.pngJellicent-385.pngJirachi-135.pngJolteon-381.pngLatios-448.pngLucario-68.pngMachamp-376.pngMetagross-620.pngMienshao-233.pngPorygon2-579.pngReuniclus-479-4.pngRotom-W-373.pngSalamence-212.pngScizor-560.pngScrafty-597.pngSerperior-227.pngSkarmory-80.pngSlowbro-73.pngTentacruel-639.pngTerrakion-642.pngThundurus-468.pngTogekiss-248.pngTyranitar-637.pngVolcarona-547.pngWhimsicott-145.pngZapdos-251.pngCelebi-555.pngDarmanitan-214.pngHeracross-630.pngMandibuzz-195.pngWuagsire-302.pngSableye-561.pngSigilyph-235.pngSmeargle-121.pngStarmie-245.pngSuicune-454.pngToxicroak-640.pngVirizion-450.png530.pngHippowdon+Excadrill-248.png645.pngTyranitar+Landorus-38.png3.pngNinetales+Venusaur-460.png365.pngAbomasnow+Walrein-186.png230.pngPolitoed+Kingdra-186.png272.pngPolitoed+Ludicolo-186.png134.pngPolitoed+Vaporeon-113.png227.pngChansey+Skarmory-212.png479-4.pngScizor+Rotom-W-593.png598.pngFerrothorn+Jellicent-

Honestly, I was a tad offset by the title, simply because the usage of the term generic evoked such a negative connotation that I was rather offset. While not being by any means amazing (I tend to stray from the path of genericy whenever competitively possible), more run-of-mill teams are still founded upon successful and effective strategies, and make for an excellent base point for a team, if not the final product. However, in brief inspection I found A. Your team, while having somewhat standard sets, is not at all as generic in build as you let on, and B. The prior comments are rather misleading, for the most part. I am in no way insulting the integrity of these people, as I am sure they mean well, but their comments reflect a certain lack of open-mindedness that I have come to detest in such aspects. For instance, Dragon Claw and Outrage are used as Salamence already attains perfect coverage with 3 moves, and fully appreciates a move lacking that unfortunate lock-in effect early-game, where Steel-types in reserve are still healthy enough to withstand his Outrages and retort in some way, shape, or forme. What's more, the use of speed EVs on Choice Band Scizor, while not being entirely conventional, is perfectly reasonable, allowing it to outpace foes including but not limited to Specially Defensive Heatran, Cresselia, Jellicent, opposing Scizor, and Defensive Rotom-W. Having hopefully dissipated some misconceptions, I will carry on with my rate.

As much as I hyped up a faster Choice Band Scizor, I have never experienced a point where I have needed beyond 172 Speed EVs on any non-Choice Scarfed set. In your case, I would recommend a spread of 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe, which allows him to outpace uninvested Heatran (who really don't feel obligated to speed creep due to the nonexistence of Bulk Up Breloom is the DW metagame).

Since your Infernape appears to lack an item, I will assume for Life Orb. Notwithstanding, I feel Earthquake is not the best use of an item slot in this scenario. The only benefit of it over say, Stone Edge, is an SE hit against Tentacruel, which is not all too impressive nonetheless. More so, you lack a user of Stealth Rock, which is quite largely the single most important move in the competitive metagame. Thusly, I would recommend replacing Earthquake for Stealth Rock, allowing you to check large threats such as Chandelure, Dragonite, Thundurus, and more much more easily.

While I do not deny Porygon2 as being an excellent Pokemon in the metagame, I disagree with his current use as a more generalized pivot on your team, especially with threats such as Keldeo and Thundurus virtually unchecked at the moment. If I may, I would like to suggest replacing him with Amoongus. Below is my suggested set:

591.gif

Amoongus @ Shed Shell (because Chandelure)

Trait: Regenerator

EVs: 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Spore

- Stun Spore

- Giga Drain

- Clear Smog / Hidden Power [ice]

Lastly, we come to Tentacruel, which in my opinion is largely unnecessary on your team. The use of Toxic Spikes offensively requires specified attention and focus, of which this team lacks. As I prepare my flame shields, I will suggest to you something a tad unorthodox: replace Tentacruel with Excadrill. I realize the use of Excadrill outside of Sand seems preposterous, but I assure you it is not. Excadrill retains capabilities as one of the best offensive Rapid Spinners in the game, and in addition to sporting a solid Steel-typing, also makes for an instant late-game cleaner against opposing Sand teams. The set:

530.gif

Excadrill @ Air Balloon

Trait: Sand Rush

EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd

Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

- Rapid Spin

- Earthquake

- Rock Slide

- Swords Dance

Well, there's my two cents on the matter, do with it as you will. Good luck and Cheers.

Edited by 49th Parallel