Need help with some Movesets

CaptainMetal

Hi there,

after a longer break I picked up Reborn again to further prepare for E16 and need some help on two Movesets.

The first would be Clefable. Since both Calm Mind and Stealth Rock are unavailable in E15 I'm not quite sure what would be best, to stick with the defensive build or to go for a more offensive variant.

My ideas so far were:

Defensive:

Calm / Magic Guard

252 KP / 172 Vert / 84 SpVert

- Cosmic Power (instead of Calm Mind)

- Moonblast

- Moonlight

- Flamethrower (because no Thunder Wave)

OR

Offensive/Tank:

Modest / Magic Guard

252 KP / 252 SpAngr / 4 SpVer

- Moonblast

- Moonlight

- Flamethrower

- Chargebeam / HP Water / Grass Knot

The other thing I'm not quite sure about is what to take as the 4th move on my Serperior.

Right now it has : Leaf Storm, Giga Drain and HP Fire.

I'd pick the defensive set. Then again, I'm a staller; if it can't take hits, it's not good enough. :P It's up to you and your team, really! Kinda hard to give you advice. I suppose you could try Glare on your Serperior.

Edited by Lagspike

I'd recommend leech seed on your serperior. For your clefable I would recommend that you get either wish or healing wish for some recovery if you don't have any kind already. Slurpuff can learn wish and you can breed with it. Also meteor mash is an option for clefable if you want it to have some offensive power.

Personally, I avoid recovery moves since we have access to healing items that do a better job. But to answer your question, while either set is fine, the defensive set for Clefable is what I would use. The setup potential with Clefable is amazing w/ Stored Power+Moonblast+Flamethrower in place of Moonlight.

And for Serp, both options are fine. I'm probably gonna run Leech Seed on mine.