Half A Year* Later: My Time in Reborn

Combat

Man, How does the time fly... With this being my five hundredth post on Pokemon Reborn, I thought it would be appropriate to go and have a little reminiscing session, since it's been a little more that half a year since I first joined the forums. So, I guess I should introduce myself again. My names Combat Medic, though I personally just prefer Combat, and I'm an avid Pokemon player. I should mention, that I've already done one of those "Hi, nice to meet you threads," so if anyone has just noticed me now, you don't need to welcome me in, I'm pretty comfortable here. Anyways, I've been enjoying my time here so far, because of the flat out concealed nature of Reborn. People don't know about it, so the community is relatively closely knit, which is awesome. I'm not saying that obscurity is a good thing, I'd love it for more people to play Reborn, but once something hits main stream, everything goes to hell.

Anyways, what do I like about Reborn? Well, the people here might be the nicest I've ever met on the internet. It is so easy for things to degrade from a sensible talk, to utter chaos while on the internet, and here on Reborn, the madness seems to be semi contained. To be honest though, I haven't really been contributing to the forums as much as I wanted to originally. Once upon a time, I had aspired to join up with the creative writing area, but really have been dragging my heels. I wanted to get deep into the Role Playing section too, but a mixture of fear, uncertainty, and laziness has kind of been holding me back. I also may or may not have posted incorrect information to people asking for help with game-play. Sorry...

Man, I'm making myself look bad here, umm, well, I do plan on sticking around for a lot longer, and I do have a few more years of college ahead of me, so I have time. Assuming nothing terrible goes wrong, or a zombie apocalypse starts, everything should stay the same, so hooray for that. I'm also glad to say that I've made two friends on Reborn, which is great, and no enemies yet, since I haven't seen any assassins from here yet, so great. I suppose the best thing to do now is have a repeat of one of the plagues that happened a few months back to get thing rolling. I hope to see you guys around, and as always...

Ask me anything.

*(Give or take)

First off, congratulations on five hundred posts!

What does the message in your trainer card mean?

Thank you! The message on my trainer card is part of the opening cinematic to the game The Darkest Dungeon. For obvious reasons, I couldn't fit the entirety of in onto it, but I figured it was something clever I could do with it. I even went with "spooky" Pokemon to give it some of the same vibe.

Here is the source, if you are interested.

._. I swear to god if this starts another AMA wave..

What's the origin of Combat Medic precisely? Also, grats on the 500th post.

Let's hope I haven't started anything.

Thank you! The name Combat Medic game about from a game of Team Fortress Two about three years back. A player on it mentioned how the medic class, which is the primary healing class on it, was useless in combat. In response, I went full on Rambo as a medic, and ended up getting muted by an administrator. The name stuck, and by the time I considered changing my name, most people on Steam and an old app called 'Monster Kingdom' knew me as Combat, so I decided to keep it.