[Resolved] Team Advice Request

drshocktapus

This is my first real attempt at completing the current episode as I have not made it as far as I have this time so I was hoping for some advice as to if my current team is up to the job or should I switch some members out.

I have just beaten Serra mostly thanks to a previous loss to her in which my Torterra used EQ and I noticed it destroyed her annoying field and after that Arcanine and Blastoise didn't have much issue.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

My current team:

Mismagius (Levitate):

Power Gem

Shadow Ball

Perish Song

Nasty Plot

Blastoise (Torrent):

Water Pulse

Dragon Pulse

Protect

Flash Cannon

Arcanine (Flash Fire):

Flamethrower

Outrage

Crunch

Close Combat

Haxorus (Mold Breaker):

Shadow Claw

Slash

Dragon Claw

Dragon Dance

Torterra (Shell Armor):

Earthquake

Curse

Crunch

Wood Hammer

Crobat (Infiltrator):

Acrobatics

Double Team

Secret Power

Cross Poison

As for pokemon who have been trained but are boxed currently I have the following:

Gothitelle (Competitive. Plus this is shiny and I love the shiny sprite for it in this game):

Psychic

Charge Beam

Psyshock

Flash

Barbaracle (Tough Claws):

Shadow Claw

Facade

Razor Shell

Hone Claws

Vespiquen (Unnerve)

Air Slash

Power Gem

Attack Order

Heal Order

Seaking (Lightningrod)

Megahorn

Waterfall

Poison Jab

Facade

And for other pokemon who I find interesting but not had trained yet I have the following:

Tepig (Blaze)

Pumpkaboo (Frisk)

Pineco (Overcoat)

Vanillite (Weak Armor)

Carvanha (Speed Boost)

Seel (Thick Fat)

Murkrow (Super Luck)

Mareep (Static)

Anorith (Swift Swim)

Croagunk (Dry Skin)

Tynamo (Levitate)

Meditite (Pure Power)

Scraggy (Moxie)

Thanks again to anyone who wants to help and sorry for the wall of text haha.

Scraggy is a great Pokémon to have on your team, and it will come in handy for a few gym leaders coming up. Your team is pretty good, though. I'm not great at giving analysis's, but that's just my idea.

But if I had to choose, I'd say to drop Mismagius. It's stats aren't anything impressive, and it's move-pool for now is pretty shallow, whereas Scrafty has Moxie, strong STAB (HJK), and could have the elemental punches and a set-up move (Dragon Dance) from breeding.

Training also isn't a problem anymore now that you can battle trainers in the Grand Hall, so be sure to do that if you didn't know. :)

Scraggy is a great Pokémon to have on your team, and it will come in handy for a few gym leaders coming up. Your team is pretty good, though. I'm not great at giving analysis's, but that's just my idea.

But if I had to choose, I'd say to drop Mismagius. It's stats aren't anything impressive, and it's move-pool for now is pretty shallow, whereas Scrafty has Moxie, strong STAB (HJK), and could have the elemental punches and a set-up move (Dragon Dance) from breeding.

The main reason I have the Mismagius around is because of Perish Song. As I like the have a back-up for pokemon I have no real answer to plus my team really lacks in the sp.atk department and in some cases it can nasty plot sweep some enemies.

I will however look to training up the Scraggy as you said as worst case scenario I can just swap a member out periodically. Plus having stab HJK like you said would be lovely.

I think that your team is really strong and the only thing i would say is that scraggy is really strong especially if you breed some moves like dd.

p.s so many HJK KOS...

Edited by foovy10

I think that your team is really strong and the only thing i would say is that scraggy is really strong especially if you breed some moves like dd.

p.s so many HJK KOS...

Thanks the main thing I was happy about was getting the Axew egg as I heard it's a low chance and it learning dragon dance naturally made it a dead set member for my team haha.

Thanks the main thing I was happy about was getting the Axew egg as I heard it's a low chance and it learning dragon dance naturally made it a dead set member for my team haha.

If your Haxorus is male and Scraggy is female, you can pass Dragon Dance onto it to get a set-up move onto Scrafty.

If your Haxorus is male and Scraggy is female, you can pass Dragon Dance onto it to get a set-up move onto Scrafty.

Ran to the PC once you said that unfortunately both are male so once I have some time one day i'll ditto breed a female scraggy and get on that.

Thanks for the tips as it's been a while since I have done any proper breeding in pokemon and I forget things easily.

Your team is very solid, I would probably only suggest new movesets. I suggest you give Arcanine Extremespeed over Outrage, as Dragon coverage isn't that important. Priority moves are always nice to have. Your Torterra is looking really powerful. :] Once you get surf you can give that to Blastoise, etc. Hope this helps ya!

Your team is very solid, I would probably only suggest new movesets. I suggest you give Arcanine Extremespeed over Outrage, as Dragon coverage isn't that important. Priority moves are always nice to have. Your Torterra is looking really powerful. :] Once you get surf you can give that to Blastoise, etc. Hope this helps ya!

Also, flare blitz is a much better fire move for arcanine

After using outrage for a bit I think you may be right haha, only reason I chose it was just in case there was a dragon down the line which my haxorus couldn't handle. Next time i'm by the move relearner i'll pick that up.

And yeah I cannot wait for surf as water pulse is showing the low BP haha.

I'd try using Tynamo, because it's very sold, actually. + its moveset isn't too bad. Vanillite is an amazing sweeper, too.

What moves would you suggest as his natural movepool as before I get access to all the really good TMs (if ever haha) I wasn't too impressed with his movepool other than making a physical one with Wild Charge, Crunch, Thrash/Facade, Secret Power

So you have Noel next, and in that case Scrafty will be amazing. I just hope you have Dragon Dance as the egg move on it.

Beat Noel a little while ago, thankfully he seemed to have been the easiest leader so far as his pokemon who were part fairy died to crobat and the others I just sort of brute forced my way through them.

I think I can go and fight radomus now but i'll save that for tomorrow.

Thanks again for the help guys and hopefully next time I come on here i'll have completed it haha.