Bronzong @ Air Balloon

Trait: Heatproof

EVs: 128 HP / 252 Def / 128 SDef

Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)

- Skill Swap

- Trick Room

- Zen Headbutt

- Rain Dance

Priority = Get that Heatproof on Ferro, next Rain Dance to reduce fire even less (optional). Then TR so we get first attack. Zen Headbutt to keep fighting types in place.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers

Trait: Iron Barbs

EVs: 124 HP / 132 Def / 252 SDef

Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)

- Gyro Ball

- Leech Seed

- Protect

- Power Whip

For Ferro, set the leech and stay alive, because they're gonna be aiming at Ferro.

if want anti-fire ferrothorn wynaut make ferrothorn more physically defensive than specially, as with fire weakened they're mor elikely to use fighting moves, which are mostly physical?

also, any backup; against taunt? :I Since you know, bronzong is like a magnet. A taunt magnet...

• Administrators

The fact that this is 3 turns of setup for the ideal result doesn't really seem worth it; especially considering Ferrothorn has no recovery outside Leech Seed and Leftovers... On top of that, it can just get focused on by both (or all?) opponents and bring it down pretty quickly regardless.

I like the idea but it just doesn't seem too practical. Have you tried it?

Two-turn setup is risky already, so three turns sounds a tad unfeasible - as Bullet said, bronzong is literally a Taunt magnet.

Perhaps try it in triples, or let ferrothorn itself use Rain Dance (if it can learn it).

Between the three of us, we play doubles/triples a decent bit - a two turn setup is already a stretch, believe me. Frankly, I'd prefer to minimize setup, or even start attacking right off the bat.

In fact, I myself have only ever made one team with a two-turn setup, and that had a higher rate of failure than the other doubles/triples teams :P

Well its difficult, but not impossible, i would try using this with a bulky partner that uses either rage powder or follow me, if its bulky enough it can likely survive long enough to get two turns off. I would however also say set up rain with someone else like polytoad

• 3 months later...