Black Piplup!

Alistryn

Hello there fellow trainers!

I must say I don't know if I post this topic in the right place but I have a question. As I was starting the game I chose my starter...a piplup! Only it was black and female, something I have never seen in a starter before! Now, I know the shiny piplup is a lighter blue version of the original so why is it black?

Not that I don't like it, she is awesome! Only wondering... Thanks a lot! ^-^

P.S. Here is a picture of her!

11898790_1122255964456047_66834143875896

First things first, welcome (fellow Greek pokemon trainer) to the forums, perhaps you would like to introduce yourself in Grand Hall(i never did :P ).

Shinies are different as the others said they are also not so rare. (1%)

Edited by Kookies

Hello there fellow trainers!

I must say I don't know if I post this topic in the right place but I have a question. As I was starting the game I chose my starter...a piplup! Only it was black and female, something I have never seen in a starter before! Now, I know the shiny piplup is a lighter blue version of the original so why is it black?

Not that I don't like it, she is awesome! Only wondering... Thanks a lot! ^-^

Hey, it´s mah piplup. Glad you like it ~ ^^

As everyone said: Pokémon Reborn has custom shinies. We had a few developement threads about that a while ago ^^

Edited by UnprofessionalAmateur

o: Welcome back Unprofessional. Haven't seen you around in awhile. Also, welcome Alistryn to the forums! Hope you enjoy yourself.

You will be able to tell if it is a shiny or not if it has a little Star in the corner, like shown in your picture.

That's pretty funny, since my first starter (just yesterday) was a shiny Fennekin.

wLp2qJT.png

However, I got the same response: shinies are far more common in Reborn, it seems. Quite a coincidence to get a shiny as your starter, though!