Grinding

Gashimon

Soo, made a new file and I'm at Charlotte now and... DAMN. Typhlosion and Darmanitan right off the bat? jeez.... Not to mention that haxing Typhlosion with energy ball....

Anyway, I've been trying quite a few tactics.... so far, I've had a sturdy geodude (low level) just to put in a stealth rock for the other poke and somehow, Typhlosion AND Darmanitan are BOTH faster than my Infernape, who's the same level as them and I have no clue... anyway, back to my main issue. Anyone know where I can grind my pokemon some levels so I can take out Charlotte? Just about everything she has outspeeds all my pokemon so I can barely get a raindance in. Not to mention said pokemon with rain dance gets KO'd before even moving.

Do I HAVE to train in route 4? Gonna take a while seeing my pokemon are in the 60s and they are 40-60...

If you update to 14.6.2 or whatever the energy ball typhlosion should be fixed... Anyway, I would recommend training on route 3 and in the caves there. Rhydons and kangaskhans and Druddigons are all pretty good for exp. Honestly you should've trained with Aya at your side there so you could fight two at a time, but there's no going back now. Just keep going and if you need it to be faster, you can try cheat engine as it has a speed up feature, although some things have been known to happen thanks to cheat engine. Just be careful if you use it. Keep it up, and you should be able to beat Charlotte.

If you update to 14.6.2 or whatever the energy ball typhlosion should be fixed... Anyway, I would recommend training on route 3 and in the caves there. Rhydons and kangaskhans and Druddigons are all pretty good for exp. Honestly you should've trained with Aya at your side there so you could fight two at a time, but there's no going back now. Just keep going and if you need it to be faster, you can try cheat engine as it has a speed up feature, although some things have been known to happen thanks to cheat engine. Just be careful if you use it. Keep it up, and you should be able to beat Charlotte.

Hmm I'm not seeing 14.6.2.... I see 14.1.1 though, unless it's that one I have to download? If so, I think I already have it... and yeah... I knew I should trained some more with Aya, I really passed up that opportunity... I'll keep on training to try to beat this girl.... Going to keep looking for the new episode so I can get rid of that damn energy ball Typhlosion

http://www.pokemonreborn.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=12905

It's under Mews and Announcements.

About the Speed thing, there's a mechanic called Effor Value (EV). Basically, if you fight more defensive Pokemon, you get Def points and fighting speedier Pokemon nets you Speed points. Charlotte is the first Gym battle to have fully EV-trained Pokemon.

I believe you need to go here to download the latest version. Also, if you are going to use Cheat Engine for the acceleration of grinding, you must NOT save with the speed-hack enabled. This can lead to the corruption of game files and if you've trudged through to Charlotte, something tells me it would take a long time to go regain your progress.

Ahh I forgot to update.

I managed to beat Charlotte. I went and levelled up a Floatzell (only around 40 or so though) and sent him out first and a geodude with sturdy and stealth rock. since Typhlosion no longer had energy ball, both of them got hit and survived and I managed to get a rain dance in, then kept spamming surf to drop their accuracy. Actually got quite lucky against her ninetails cause instead of attacking, it used Nasty Plot, then I KO'd it with Diggersby's Earthquake. I really should have recorded it, cause I forgot exactly what steps I took to win. But it def became easier without that haxing Typhlosion. Thanks, everyone for the advice