EV status explained

Chris211

Hello guys, i wanna start Ev training, but i need some explanation first.
In the image i uploaded,what the numbers before " / " means and what after the "/" ?
And if possible as another question, how do we know what is the perfect Iv for each pokemon? for example for mamoswine. what should i be looking for after breeding?
thanks in advance :)

post-51369-0-46965800-1417680626_thumb.jpg

Okeee i underestand.! so about the IV,

1. If i were the luckiest man in the world i could have 31 in all of the stats?

2. The more IV each stat has the more points will get from levels?

Correct.

Say a pokemon, at level 100, would have all of it's stats at 200 with 0 IVs, The same pokemon with stats with 31 IVs, would be at all 231 at level 100. IV's full effects aren't realized until level 100.

Aha i got it now, you are the best :)
Something that came up to my mind now, lets say i have lvl 5 pokemon fully Ev trained fron exp share. when i level up to lvl6, i get all the +points? or i have to go 100 lvl to get all?

Aha i got it now, you are the best :)

Something that came up to my mind now, lets say i have lvl 5 pokemon fully Ev trained fron exp share. when i level up to lvl6, i get all the +points? or i have to go 100 lvl to get all?

Ummm I have had different experiences in different game regarding EV's effects, One time in HGSS I fully trained a Trapinch in attack from one level to the next and it gained 27 points in one level. But usually I think it's fair to assume you won't see the EV's full effects until level 100 either. I mean if you trained said pokemon at level 5 to max attack before level 6, it'd end up getting 63 more attack points, which we know doesn't happen. So yeah EV's can't realize pull potential before a certain point either. I don't know what point that is exactly, but it's fair to assume.

It's somewhere in the mid 70s, I think - the effect starts to be substantial around 50, and is fully effective around the 70s, though you'll probably get more benefit from having full EVs as early as your 20s and 30s as opposed to a handful, regardless.

EVs also take effect immediately in this one (you can even see Hit Point maxes spontaneously jump up during battle sometimes), so the giant stat boosts on level up from Gen 3 won't ever happen in this.

Edited by Hashill

Another thing to consider if you're EV training (especially in a story-mode pokemon game) is to not freak out if you can't achieve max IVs in each stat for most pokemon. Most pokemon only need really good stats in like two areas.

For example, if I was EV training a Gengar, would it really matter if I had perfect IVs in its Defense, Attack, or HP Stat? No, because its way too frail to take hits from physical attacks anyway. As long as I can get good IVs in its speed, special attack, and maybe special defense (though that kinda sucks too), I'm squared away.

The moral is: don't stress too much about achieving perfection, because it's often way too frustrating and time-consuming to justify achieving it in the first place.

I know i acctually dont search for perfect IV or something since i battle for storyline, but good IV at the stats that each pokemon need is good, just as you mentioned youngster :)
I was Ev training my mamoswine and those are the results,because some people might wanted to know:

Unluckily i dont have the stats before Ev train, but as you see after 252points in Speed, at the same level(42) he got 28points in speed.I guess the same happend with Attack..

it has 252/At , 252/Sp , 3/Hp , 3/S.At

Edited by Chris211

Well i really dont know if it is good or not yet, it was at the day-care elders till 40 level :D
Since it has high speed already i picked Ice Fang instead, for more damage. It has good hp attack and speed, and i dont know if it can sustain 2-3 hits at fights we ll see.!
Btw i will post some more Ev trainings here as before and after picture to get better conclusion for the people who are interested, what do u say?