Changing IVs from saved file?

Chrattac

I am just wondering (have put over 120hours into this game) after all this mess I just calculated some of my pokémons IVs and got annoyed by the fact that you really can't affect those IVs besides some breeding action (which one has grown quite over already after having (chain)bred several pokémons), if there is some way to edit rxdata -file your own game is saved in to see eg. pokémons IV spread and that way to edit them a bit better (I calculated my Adamant attacking Flygon's attack IV is either 10 or 11 of maxium 31 <.<). The common google search result "rxdataeditor" doesn't work with this game or at least it is unable to open the saved game. Anyone knows how to do this reliably? Even though I know how to use cheat engine, but searching the exact address for IVs is pain due to there being so many values with either 10 or 11 (for example) and IVs are not even in-game-changeable anyway (yes I know exactly how to rise money, item quantity or even certain pokémon's stat temporarily, but only thing I would use it on in a serious and hooking playthrough is this kind of things that you have no means to affect in-game or they are _extremely_ tedious to do so).

There are reasons why save editing is possible for mainly just Ame.

If you require nitpicking IV's to have fun with what you want to do, I'm sorry to say that this game won't satisfy you, at least not yet anyways.

Most of us don't bother with IV's because it really seems insignificant (even Hidden Power becomes a bit trivial).

If you want proper IV's, let's hope you breed with the right nature as well, because that's so far going to be the only way you can do it.

Breeding nature is easy if you have Everstone (the descendant has 100% chance to inherit the ability of parent w/everstone and with this guy I went so far that I chain bred the nature all the way from Magcargo since I didn't seem to be able to find any other pokémon with said nature closer in the breeding chain), IVs don't bother me much but it is sad that I already EV trained and bred Adamant EQ Flygon just to find out later that it got less Attack than my non-EQ, non-EV trained Flygon I got from Game Corner... So on this particular case it bothers me a bit. If only there were in-game way to change IVs (if it was some way, not very easy) I would certainly do it right now, but don't know if it is even possible via coding?

And yes I see problems of people adding some 255 all EVs and 31 all IVs Legendaries to their party if it was possible to modify save file with ease.

Edited by Chrattac

Well, the thing is you can't change IVs without hacking in normal Pokemon games too. I don't see why Reborn should be any different? You need to be patient! It took me weeks to get Eevees with good IVs!

Edited by Khayoz

Yea, but in my honest opinion whole IV thing is kinda in-your-face -card by gamefreak for all Pokémon games (not that I bothered even with EVs before Gen V), bringing up whole annoying randomizing up to whole new level if you are a bit of perfectionist. And with my luck as a working man I am not having time to spend whole week (with my luck) just for trying to hatch and train a bit better Trapinch (since IVs don't even show upon hatch, well the judge is on his way) I actually am surprised how I have managed to have time for all this chain breeding mess I have gone through already. :-P

As said, only reason I am concerned (and a bit annoyed) about this, is that my non-EV Trained, bad natured Flygon got better attack stat than my bred, EV-trained (grinding lvl 2-6 Meowths, Rattatas, Ekanses and Spinaraks at Opal Ward isn't really thing I would call fun either) and Adamant natured one.

E: And why I think hacks are great besides stories and structures is that they sometimes add stuff to bypass the most tedious traps implemented by game freak for god now what kind of devilish reason (IVs, some HMs being mandatory but utterly useless (HM01) battle-wise requiring to carry HM slaves to name a couple).

Edited by Chrattac

Yea, but in my honest opinion whole IV thing is kinda in-your-face -card by gamefreak for all Pokémon games (not that I bothered even with EVs before Gen V), bringing up whole annoying randomizing up to whole new level if you are a bit of perfectionist. And with my luck as a working man I am not having time to spend whole week (with my luck) just for trying to hatch and train a bit better Trapinch (since IVs don't even show upon hatch, well the judge is on his way) I actually am surprised how I have managed to have time for all this chain breeding mess I have gone through already. :-P

As said, only reason I am concerned (and a bit annoyed) about this, is that my non-EV Trained, bad natured Flygon got better attack stat than my bred, EV-trained (grinding lvl 2-6 Meowths, Rattatas, Ekanses and Spinaraks at Opal Ward isn't really thing I would call fun either) and Adamant natured one.

E: And why I think hacks are great besides stories and structures is that they sometimes add stuff to bypass the most tedious traps implemented by game freak for god now what kind of devilish reason (IVs, some HMs being mandatory but utterly useless (HM01) battle-wise requiring to carry HM slaves to name a couple).

I'm gonna be honest here though, the game IS mainly about having fun and exploring the story and world Ame made for us. If you honestly want to perfect your pokemon, it might as well be done using a team builder and then challenging the Reborn League.