Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
firey

Infatuating Shelly's Team?

Recommended Posts

Yeah, I'm desperate. 

 

I was reviewing Shelly's team and noticed that all except one of her Pokemon are female. 

 

This led me to the conclusion that using Attract (via the tm given at the onyx arcade or by leveling up a male spritzee from the flower shop puzzle to level 29, among other methods) might be a solution to my current problem. Thoughts? 

 

My current team's moveset can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/07hPosO

 

The abilities are: 

 

Meowstic: Keen Eye

Farfetch'd: Keen Eye

Shiinotic: Rain Dish

Ponyta: Run Away

Dustox: Compound Eyes

Slugma: Magma Armor

 

But I also have these in storage that have been leveled as part of various attempts to beat Shelly: https://imgur.com/a/QhssUU3

 

Abilities: 

 

Growlithe: Justified

Trubbish: Aftermath

Linoone: Pickup

Meganium: Overgrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, firey said:

Yeah, I'm desperate. 

 

I was reviewing Shelly's team and noticed that all except one of her Pokemon are female. 

 

This led me to the conclusion that using Attract (via the tm given at the onyx arcade or by leveling up a male spritzee from the flower shop puzzle to level 29, among other methods) might be a solution to my current problem. Thoughts? 

 

My current team's moveset can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/07hPosO

 

The abilities are: 

 

Meowstic: Keen Eye

Farfetch'd: Keen Eye

Shiinotic: Rain Dish

Ponyta: Run Away

Dustox: Compound Eyes

Slugma: Magma Armor

 

But I also have these in storage that have been leveled as part of various attempts to beat Shelly: https://imgur.com/a/QhssUU3

 

Abilities: 

 

Growlithe: Justified

Trubbish: Aftermath

Linoone: Pickup

Meganium: Overgrow

Put Growlithe in. Flame Burst hit both pokemon, also, Fake out Illumise to stop it using Rain Dance, so Anorith don't get de boost speed. (Anorith is very fragile).  You will definetily need Slugma and Farfetch'd, to beat Yanmega, Masquerain, and with luck, Anorith. Yeah, Attract would be useful. But, I remember Cut being useful on this battle. So, why you don't try usinng Meganiun? If you manage to obtain a Fire Stone, would be great. The remaining is Araquanid.. is a great threat if Rain Dance is active due to its ability. If somehow you manage to Slugma and Farfetch'd face it. you may bring it down.. So I'll put your time like this in my opinion: Meowstic, Slugma, Growlithe, Farfetch'd, Duztox and Meganiun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Destrakon said:

Put Growlithe in. Flame Burst hit both pokemon, also, Fake out Illumise to stop it using Rain Dance, so Anorith don't get de boost speed. (Anorith is very fragile).  You will definetily need Slugma and Farfetch'd, to beat Yanmega, Masquerain, and with luck, Anorith. Yeah, Attract would be useful. But, I remember Cut being useful on this battle. So, why you don't try usinng Meganiun? If you manage to obtain a Fire Stone, would be great. The remaining is Araquanid.. is a great threat if Rain Dance is active due to its ability. If somehow you manage to Slugma and Farfetch'd face it. you may bring it down.. So I'll put your time like this in my opinion: Meowstic, Slugma, Growlithe, Farfetch'd, Duztox and Meganiun.

This starts strong until Anorith gets on the field. I decided to pair Farfetch'd's Acrobatics with Meowstic's Fake Out on the first turn to not only prevent it from Rain Dancing, but also do a whole lot of damage on the first turn. However, eventually, this starts to weaken; Masquerain follows up with an Icy Wind, which hits Farfetch'd somewhat hard, or a Struggle Bug, which nearly decimates Meowstic. On the same turn as this Icy Wind or Struggle Bug, Shelly uses a Hyper Potion. I would then use Meowstic's Attract in an attempt to immobilize Illumise so it can't use Rain Dance, but usually this is the turn when Meowstic is taken out by an attack from Masquerain. Acrobatics gets rid of one of the bugs, and out comes Anorith. 

 

Anorith is a mega sweeper. 

 

Anorith starts out with its Telluric Seed, so I can't Attract, Fake Out, etc. first turn. Rock Slide decimates Slugma, Growlithe, Farfetch'd, and Dustox, and whichever bug remains will usually clean up the rest. 

 

Another strategy I've come up with involves a Poochyena (it's shiny!) that I found a while back. I'm pretty sure I can use my Embargo TM on Poochyena, train it up, and then I wouldn't have to worry about Shelly's Hyper Potions, Anorith's Telluric Seeds, Illumise's Damp Rock, etc. Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, firey said:

This starts strong until Anorith gets on the field. I decided to pair Farfetch'd's Acrobatics with Meowstic's Fake Out on the first turn to not only prevent it from Rain Dancing, but also do a whole lot of damage on the first turn. However, eventually, this starts to weaken; Masquerain follows up with an Icy Wind, which hits Farfetch'd somewhat hard, or a Struggle Bug, which nearly decimates Meowstic. On the same turn as this Icy Wind or Struggle Bug, Shelly uses a Hyper Potion. I would then use Meowstic's Attract in an attempt to immobilize Illumise so it can't use Rain Dance, but usually this is the turn when Meowstic is taken out by an attack from Masquerain. Acrobatics gets rid of one of the bugs, and out comes Anorith. 

 

Anorith is a mega sweeper. 

 

Anorith starts out with its Telluric Seed, so I can't Attract, Fake Out, etc. first turn. Rock Slide decimates Slugma, Growlithe, Farfetch'd, and Dustox, and whichever bug remains will usually clean up the rest. 

 

Another strategy I've come up with involves a Poochyena (it's shiny!) that I found a while back. I'm pretty sure I can use my Embargo TM on Poochyena, train it up, and then I wouldn't have to worry about Shelly's Hyper Potions, Anorith's Telluric Seeds, Illumise's Damp Rock, etc. Thoughts? 

Mmmm, pair Meowstic with Growlithe, prevent Illumise to Rain Dance, and use Flame Burst, it will change the field to blaze, and if did not miscalculate, it should bring down Illusime , preventing Anorith from using its Telluric Seed. Also, use TM Nature power with Meganium/Shiinotic to attack (It becomes flamethrower on Burning Field).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Destrakon said:

Mmmm, pair Meowstic with Growlithe, prevent Illumise to Rain Dance, and use Flame Burst, it will change the field to blaze, and if did not miscalculate, it should bring down Illusime , preventing Anorith from using its Telluric Seed. Also, use TM Nature power with Meganium/Shiinotic to attack (It becomes flamethrower on Burning Field).

It comes somewhat close to knocking out Illumise? I'll try leveling Growlithe up a bit via the grand hall trainers, and I'm also gonna try to scrape together money to buy potions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, firey said:

It comes somewhat close to knocking out Illumise? I'll try leveling Growlithe up a bit via the grand hall trainers, and I'm also gonna try to scrape together money to buy potions. 

Propably, it comes down on who you can use the field to your adventage, making it change while taking the lead of the battle. You must set the field ablaze, while beating Illusime, because Rain Dance will extinguish the flames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, if you manage to get some Ability Capsule, (they're in early game, thought i don't remember where), change Growlithe Ability to Flash Fire, and Burning Field will boost its fire moves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...