Chosen Doll of Despair [WP/CW]

VoidStar

~~Greetings everyone. As most of you know I am apparently Ame's adopted little sister now, and I wasn't satisfied with that statement just being said. This is the story behind why and how I became Ame's little sister.

I was bored and so in my spare time I wrote chapter 1 of this whole mess of a story that I will continue to work on whenever I am free.

I'll update this topic when the next chapter is ready, and so on.

I fully welcome critique and anyone's opinion about this, because this is the first story I am actually sharing other than short stories I had to write for projects ~~

Chapter 1

A Lost Memory

It was a misty night, we could hardly see a thing while we were driving to my uncle’s house. Whenever I looked out the windows of the car I could only see faded lights on the side of the road, I could hardly even see the road. I started to get drowsy after a while of watching the line of faded lights hanging over the highway, so I grabbed my favorite doll, Luna, and shut my eyes. A few hours must have passed by the time I woke up. We weren’t moving anymore, I turned towards the front to ask my father why we had stopped, but no one was there, I was all alone in this little car on the side of the road. I hesitated at first but I picked up Luna and opened the door to get a better look outside. I looked around for a few minutes before I realized that no one was around, not a soul in sight, I really was all alone in the dark mist.

I saw a small light in the distance… I have been walking aimlessly for about an hour or two. Feeling tired and scared, I headed towards the brightest light I had seen that night. As I got closer to it my heart was filling up with warmth, like the warmth of a home or belonging, but something kept nagging me to stay away and turn back. I ignored the nagging voice in my head and continued on my way towards the beckoning light in the distance.

Another hour had passed and the light seemed like it was getting farther away while the fog was getting thicker. I found my way onto a dirt path and used it to guide me in the direction of the light. I was worried that I would fade away if I let the light get out of my sight. I never looked behind me because I thought the mist would consume me if I did. Thankfully I had Luna to keep me focused on the path, she was the only one I had to worry about me.

The light started to get brighter and it seemed to be getting closer. Although I was tired from hours of walking, I quickly ran to see what the light was. Only a few steps later I tripped and fell over my own feet. I just laid there, too tired and worn out to get back up. I began to cry as I thought that I would be lost forever. I held Luna out in front of me. “At least you’ll always be here for me.” I said with a smile and one tear in my eye. “At least we can be together forever.”

A hand reached out to me. My eyes opened with shock, only to close tightly in fear a moment later. “Need some help?” The person said. I looked up slowly. It was a girl, she seemed around my age. “Y-yes…” I said quietly as she held my hand to help me up. Her hand was warm and felt soft. “So, what’s you’re name?” She asked with a cute smile. “I’m Evangeline. But you can just call me Eva, and this is Luna.” I replied as I wiped the tears off my face. “How old are ya?” She asked curiously. “I’m 8, but turning 9 next month.” I replied without hesitation. “How about you?” I asked. “Oh. My name is Holly, and I just turned 9 a few days ago!” She replied while jumping with joy. “Hey Eva… Let’s be best friends from now on, okay!?” “Alright Holly!” Without questioning where she came from, the three of us continued down the path towards the light.

We made it. It was a large mansion-sized building with a grand garden out front. It wasn’t that far of a walk from where Holly and I met, but it still felt as though it took a while to get to the building. I placed Luna down against a fence while Holly and I played around the garden for a bit. “Eva, I’m getting a little hungry, can we go inside?” “Okay! Just let me get Luna.” I went to the fence where I placed Luna, but she wasn’t there. I started to panic, or I would have if I wasn’t so tired. “Maybe she just went ahead inside.” Holly said as she walked over to me. “Yeah… maybe.” We walked over to the door and knocked on it, hoping that someone would let us in. But then everything started to get black. I was getting really dizzy as my vision faded away. Holly fell to the ground, and so did I soon after.

I woke up in a small room, laying down on a bed. I quickly sat up to see if Holly was with me, but she wasn’t. I was alone in an unknown room, in an unknown house all by myself. I wished that Luna was with me, but she was nowhere to be found. I started to cry as I thought to myself, but I couldn’t remember how I got there, or where I even came from. All I knew was that my only friends were Luna and Holly. I couldn’t remember anything else. All my other memories were lost.

Edited by VoidStar
  • Upvote 1