Need Help In Pokemon Essentials!

Not Sure If This Is In The Right Category Or Not. But It's Not Troubleshooting On Reborn, And It IS About My Game, So Yeah.

Anyway, I Really Hope One Of You Guys Can Help Me Here. 

So I Was In Pokemon Essentials, Designing My Maps And All. I Was Playtesting My Game In My Dumb Testing Towns (Wanted To Try Basics Of The Game Before Making Real Maps) And Then When I Was Ready To Make My Safari Zone (That's Where You Start In My Game), I Deleted All My Test Maps...

Stupid, Stupid Me.

You See, I SAVED In Those Test Maps. So When They Were DELETED, My Game... Didn't Go Nuts! I Felt Pretty Good. Then, I Set A Starting Location On The Safari Zone Map, And When The Game Loaded, I Was There. Well, My Character Sprite Was Invisible, But That Was Fine. Well, Then I Opened My Menu, And I Got An Error. So I Decided To Delete Pokemon Essentials (Not RPG Maker Since I Already Paid For It) And Download It Again. However, When I Went Back In... The Invisible Trainer Was Back! Now, When I Deleted The First Game, I Redid The Safari Zone. I Set A Start Location In There, And That's Where I Was In The New File. I Was Getting Worried... And Then I Learned How To Delete My Save! So I Did, And When I Reloaded... Big Surprise, The Invisible Trainer Was Back... Again! And Of Course, The Menu Wouldn't Work Either! Someone PLEAAAAAASE Help Me! I Really Need To Fix That Dumb File So I Can Continue My Game! Well, I Could Do It Without The Menu, But I Want A Fully Functioning Game! Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated. If You Need, I Can Attach A Screenshot Of It.

Thanks!

@Princess Titania When you started the game, have you gone through an event so as to select your character? Like professor Oak asking you if you are a boy or a girl? If not, you should go through that event firstly. The script that gives your character an icon is this:

pbChangePlayer(Numb_of_Graphic)

in the place of Numb_of_Graphic you can put values from 0 to 8 I believe. Try using 0 for the boy and 1 for the girl. Once you do that, your character will have a sprite.

I hope this helps you 🙂

Edited by groniack

3 hours ago, groniack said:

@Princess Titania When you started the game, have you gone through an event so as to select your character? Like professor Oak asking you if you are a boy or a girl? If not, you should go through that event firstly. The script that gives your character an icon is this:

pbChangePlayer(Numb_of_Graphic)

in the place of Numb_of_Graphic you can put values from 0 to 8 I believe. Try using 0 for the boy and 1 for the girl. Once you do that, your character will have a sprite.

I hope this helps you 🙂

Thanks, But I Don't Know How To Go Through The Intro. It Doesn't Seem To Work Whenever I Load The Game. Sorry If This Is Easy To Do, But I'm Not Really 100% On Stuff Like This, So Could You Explain How To Do The Intro?

You should create an event at the map where you transfer the player first. An example is something like this:

image.png.1d13ee10954d871d4f7b5a49d7b874c3.png

You should make it an autorun event as I did here. Notice that the event has 2 pages. The second one is this:

image.png.89715a996e3e72d03f8dd01daf5e55eb.png

The whole purpose of this page is to stop the event from repeating itself because autorun events do that 😞 So we turned self switch A ON to make the event jump to this page.

This whole event I posted just asks you to choose your gender and your name. You should also check the default essentials event of the intro, it might help.

You should also check these tutorials out:

They will teach you a lot of things about essentials.

Edited by groniack

Where Should I Make This Event At? I See The Event For The Intro Already Made, But It Doesn't Work At All. It Is Made To Show The Intro And Then Enter The Game, And Instead The Intro Is Skipped Completely.

12 minutes ago, Princess Titania said:

Where Should I Make This Event At? I See The Event For The Intro Already Made, But It Doesn't Work At All. It Is Made To Show The Intro And Then Enter The Game, And Instead The Intro Is Skipped Completely.

The event should be made at the map which you selected as a player's starting position, in your case, in the safari zone. You can place it wherever in that map you want.