Turning Back The Clock

Tristram

I'm a huge fan of gen 3, specifically emerald. Is there anywhere I can find a folder of pre-readied, pre-sized gen 3 sprites? I'm not a big fan of the gen 4 Pokemon sprites in Pokemon Essentials. Also, I could get the sprites as usual, but resizing it so each pixel is then four by hand is a grueling task.

Also, I don't want all of the Pokemon from the first five generations. How do I shorten it?

Sorry I'm a newbie, but I have a lot of questions. I appreciate each response.

I've done you a favor(regarding your first question, not sure what you mean exactly by the second) and spent about an hour and a half creating the sprites for you via writing a program to automatically resize, position, and rename all the needed sprites from a zip of gen 3 sprites I downloaded automatically. You can download the result here:

Gen 3 battle sprites

That's a zip file containing three folders. One folder contains all of the original sprites  simply scaled up, renamed, and positioned correctly. There's another folder with the same files but I've run my texture smoothing program I created on them without edge blending, and another is those same files with my texture smoothing program run on them with edge blending. The sprites for Unown are not named correctly, you'll have to rename them yourself. The only problem with them is they're named with a letter instead of a number corresponding to each letter variant.

Here's an image to show the differences between each. Pick the folder that looks best to you.

xrJ2MGn.png

I think I did pretty well on them, I'm actually considering using these sprites in Pokemon Safari, perhaps as an uncommon variant (maybe 1/10 pokemon from gen 1-3 will have these sprites instead of gen 4 when you find/catch them). Just a thought.

Edited by KingCoin

3 hours ago, KingCoin said:

I've done you a favor(regarding your first question, not sure what you mean exactly by the second) and spent about an hour and a half creating the sprites for you via writing a program to automatically resize, position, and rename all the needed sprites from a zip of gen 3 sprites I downloaded automatically. You can download the result here:

Gen 3 battle sprites

That's a zip file containing three folders. One folder contains all of the original sprites  simply scaled up, renamed, and positioned correctly. There's another folder with the same files but I've run my texture smoothing program I created on them without edge blending, and another is those same files with my texture smoothing program run on them with edge blending. The sprites for Unown are not named correctly, you'll have to rename them yourself. The only problem with them is they're named with a letter instead of a number corresponding to each letter variant.

Here's an image to show the differences between each. Pick the folder that looks best to you.

xrJ2MGn.png

I think I did pretty well on them, I'm actually considering using these sprites in Pokemon Safari, perhaps as an uncommon variant (maybe 1/10 pokemon from gen 1-3 will have these sprites instead of gen 4 when you find/catch them). Just a thought.

Color me amazed and impressed. I thank you for this, and I think your smoother is interesting. However, I like the pixelated look, so I'll probably stick with the originals. Also, I think it's cool how you're making your game without RMXP and Essentials. I barely have the skills to work those, and I'm constantly asking questions. Good on you.