From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

OMG I can't believe im so late (;´д`)ゞ Finals are killing me....I can barely function anymoar send help o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ

anyway I HAVE BEEN waiting for this moment for so long yyyeeessss.....d(≧▽≦d) Both Vanilla and Aya will decimate all Team Meteor with their newfound friendship...actually do they even consider the other as friends yet?

and while Aya and Vanilla is busy kicking Meteor butts.Cain,Shelly,Pikachu and Hardy are just strolling through Route 3 with Saphira definitely not conveniently destroy every bridge that they have crossed to make the girls' lives harder.

I wonder how Shelly and Pikachu interact with Cain and Hardy,imagine Pikachu slapping Cain with its ghostly arm to stop him from saying anything kinky ψ(`∇´)ψ

ps:Aya is using Lycanroc Midday,not dusk...actually did her Lycanroc change in EP18? I haven't play that part yet.

Edited by Angelkitsune
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Angelkitsune said:

OMG I can't believe im so late (;´д`)ゞ Finals are killing me....I can barely function anymoar send help o( ̄┰ ̄*)ゞ

anyway I HAVE BEEN waiting for this moment for so long yyyeeessss.....d(≧▽≦d) Both Vanilla and Aya will decimate all Team Meteor with their newfound friendship...actually do they even consider the other as friends yet?

and while Aya and Vanilla is busy kicking Meteor butts.Cain,Shelly,Pikachu and Hardy are just strolling through Route 3 with Saphira definitely not conveniently destroy every bridge that they have crossed to make the girls' lives harder.

I wonder how Shelly and Pikachu interact with Cain and Hardy,imagine Pikachu slapping Cain with its ghostly arm to stop him from saying anything kinky ψ(`∇´)ψ

ps:Aya is using Lycanroc Midday,not dusk...actually did her Lycanroc change in EP18? I haven't play that part yet.

lol good luck on finals! and you shouldn't be wasting time on FEtR xD

I don't think they're quite what you'd call friends, but I think they understand each other better and so can cooperate which is a step forward 🙂

Hehe though I won't write what goes on with the other four, I can totes imagine Pikachu taking on Vanilla's role in maintaining Shelly's purity

Yep in E18 she uses a lycanroc-dusk, sorry for the spoilers!

7 hours ago, Corso said:

Lol

no lol, the act of admitting toxicity itself prevents you from being toxic because people know to expect toxic tendencies from you rather than unconsciously poisoning them :wesmart:

tbh it takes courage to admit one is toxic and also it's difficult to realize when someone is being toxic (my parents are a prime example of this, so I'd know)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 49tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

I'm in winter break, y'all~ Hopefully that means I can update this more often. I've been looking forward to writing what will happen in Ametrine for almost half a year now... and we're so close now! Anyhow, hope yaw enjoy this episode 🍭

ioVyBSF.png

A couple more caves and a broken bridge later, we found ourselves in an old facility deep into the last cave. It was odd to find something man-made like this out in these tunnels which appeared to be left alone to decay once the bridges outside were built. It had a similar outlook to the facility that Team Meteor had in Tanzan Mountain, the one which was soon after obliterated by Saphira. We approached the entrance to this suspicious place, but halted our step when we heard a couple of voices talking in low volume. I couldn’t completely hear what they were discussing, but the female voice clearly mentioned a “PULSE”.

“This must be another Team Meteor hideout,” I concluded.

“Should we enter and engage them in battle, though? There may be many of them, and it might be best to come back once we get backup aid.”

I thought it was sensible to assume that we would likely face great resistance, and agreed to find a way to Calcenon without going through the facility.

After walking around in what felt like circles for a while, we eventually found an old sign post with “Calcenon” written on it pointing to a heap of large rocks. It appeared that the exit had collapsed and could not be passed through anymore.

“Do you think we can find another exit?” I asked.

“We spent like half an hour searching, and this is the only exit we found,” Aya threw herself to the ground. I took notice that her feet’s skin was bright red on the places where her shoes made contact. I sat down next to her, because my feet were in equally rough shape, and I considered what to do now. My instinct told me to go into Team Meteor’s hideout, beat them up and find their exit - for the facility had to have an exit close to Calcenon, or otherwise it wouldn’t have been located so close to it. Yet, on a more rational thought, Aya was right in our hopeless chance. The grunts we had battled were easily defeated, but if we ran into an army of them, or the admins or Solaris now with a full team, we would likely be royally screwed. On top of that, I had preached to Aya how my lack of foresight led to multiple losses which could have been avoided little but an hour ago. Should we return to the circus, hope that one of the others find our extended absence odd and devise a way to pick us up? It was a repulsive thought, to have to depend on others, but it was the only safe choice.

“Shall we go back to the circus?” I asked Aya, and the girl winced as though I’d stabbed her.

“I really, really can’t walk all the way back. The harsh conditions of the ground are close to breaking my shoes, and I can’t stand the pain from the likely blisters,” she said. “I changed my mind: let’s go fight Team Meteor in their hideout.”

“I know, but we can’t be reckless. They have the upperhand since they know their hideout.”

“We can still try, though. I’m impatient to get out of here,” Aya sighed. “You know what? If we see ourselves outnumbered, my pokemon can use smog to blind them as we escape.”

I was still slightly concerned, which was perhaps unusual for me, but I agreed to give it a shot.

We returned to the hideout. The place was now silent, and I wondered if the grunts that had been there earlier were already gone. That would be too convenient for us, so it wasn’t the case.

One of the only three grunts in the area, a boy who had once given me a hair color change, spotted us as soon as we entered.

“Our luck. Eclipse, look who’s here,” he said as he pulled on his companion’s sleeve.

Eclipse, who was looking at a large computer screen, turned and saw us with disdain.

“Great. You’re here to hamper our plans again, aren’t you?” she sighed and shifted her weight from one leg to another. “You, go call for back-ups.”

The third grunt stumbled and almost fell over, as he scrambled to go get more grunts. When he was out of sight, Aya cleared her throat.

“Actually, we’re just-” Aya started, likely about to tell them that we were just looking for an exit this time around, but she was cut short by Eclipse.

“Aster, prepare for battle,” she said and immediately engaged us in battle.

Spoiler

I had been prepared for a battle, or multiple, since we were coming into the enemy territory unannounced. However, I had to commend the pair of grunts on their efforts - just battling with them had been enough to knock out three of my pokemon, not to mention of Aya’s as well. Just as I had set out to gain strength in this region, this pair had also made an effort to match me. Because of this, what ensued next impressed me.

“I’m done. You win,” sighed Eclipse. I thought she would be frustrated at losing once again, but her expression was unexpectedly pacific. She almost looked relieved that she lost.

“Don’t give up! We fight to the end, for Team Meteor!” Aster said, raising a fist up in the air.

“No, Aster. I’m not giving up; I’m quitting,” she replied, ignored Aster’s gasp and with quick steps approached the computer monitor. “And look, I’ll even turn off the PULSE Clawitzer for you. Here.”

Eclipse pulled the monitor’s plug from the socket with force, and the screen went pitch black.

VqhNATj.png

“Eclipse, what are you doing?” Aster asked, but was ignored again.

“This is what you wanted, right? That’s what you came here for.”

I glanced at Aya, and our glances met for a moment.

“Erm, about that… we were just looking for an exit to Calcenon,” she said, scratching her cheek.

Eclipse blinked twice and widened her eyes, then placed a hand on her forehead and laughed.

“Is that so. Well, it doesn’t matter, because this is what I wanted. I’ve wanted to be done with this for days now.”

“Eclipse,” Aster said. “You can’t be serious.”

“Yes, I can be, and I am.”

“But… but why? I thought we were going to change the world together.”

Eclipse fell silent for a moment, and lowered her gaze when she talked again.

“I changed my mind. This isn’t the change I wanted,” she said. “Since we joined, we’ve done nothing but to help Team Meteor hurt more and more people.”

“But in the end--”

“This isn’t worth the end,” Eclipse shouted. “You wouldn’t understand. You don’t have anyone to look after other than yourself. That’s not a luxury everyone can boast.”

“What are you trying to get at?”

“My father lives in Calcenon City. If one of the PULSE’s attacks hits his house, then that’s game over. The only family I have will be gone. We were assigned to guard this power station, but I can’t just sit here and watch as I make my own father into Schrodinger’s Meowth.”

“Who’s what now?”

Eclipse shook her head.

“And I’m pretty sure I’ve lost IQ points from being paired with you.”

“Uh, Vanilla. Are we just going to stand here listening?” Aya asked me, but before I could answer, Eclipse noticed us and apologized for derailing the conversation.

“I should thank you for walking in, since you gave me the chance to turn the PULSE off.”

“Don’t mention it. As ironic as that was, you did us a favor,” I replied.

Eclipse glanced to the dead computer and back at me.

“It’s a shame that Team Meteor deteriorated to the current state. We started under Solaris’ leadership with the goal of cleansing the city, and now we’re pretty much at war with the citizens. Instead of cleansing the city, we tainted its streets with blood. Ever since Lin launched through the ranks, she--”

“Turncoats won’t be forgiven,” a deep voice startled us, and in the next instant we saw a chandelure burning Eclipse’s face with its blue flames.

“Eclipse!” Aster shrieked and trembled at the sight.

fy41Gn3.png

“What are you doing, Sirius?” I grabbed the man’s collar.

“Don’t you know? Chandelure’s flames burn away the soul,” he smirked. “Now, let go of me, or your friend will pay the price.”

I saw the chandelure floating towards Aya, and I instinctively moved away from Sirius and pushed her away, almost touching the dangerous flames myself. Aya fell backwards into the arms of Aster.

“Don’t let go of the girl, Aster,” Sirius commanded.

“Let go of her or you’ll get a beating, and I’m not talking of a pokemon battle,” I said.

Both Sirius and I ran to where Aster and Aya were, and I was about to snatch the girl away when Sirius pulled my dress and punched the side of my face. The impact sent me falling to the cold, tiled floor.

“How dare you,” I said with my left hand on my inflamed cheek, half-stunned that Sirius did this. “You want a fight? I’ll take you on one-on-one, shithead.”

“I already have what I needed. I’ll pass on the offer.”

Sirius tightened his grip on Aya’s arm, and the girl screamed in pain.

“Coward. Hitting me out of nowhere, because you can’t win unless you use underhanded methods.

“I’d call it wiseness instead of cowardry, but say what you will,” Sirius shrugged. “If you want her back, we’re willing to negotiate. You know what we want.”

With that, Sirius and Aster retreated deeper into the hideout and closed the gate behind them.

8oJhizD.png

I knocked the gates with my fists multiple times, and then resorted to tackling with my whole body, but to no avail. The impeccable steel gates would not budge an inch, and instead my hands went numb.

“Curse you, Sirius!” I said.

However, even though I cursed Sirius for his unashamed cowardry, I blamed myself even more for being so powerless. I spent 3 years of my life training under the unrelenting tyrant that was King, and yet another year continuing the same by myself, all for the single purpose of protecting myself and my allies. Once more, my destiny reminded me with unblockable blows that I am not cut out for the task.

“Even then, it’s not like I can escape my reality either,” I closed my eyes. “Pikachu, Shelly, Cain and Hardy are counting on me to reach Calcenon… and back in Everland, the Underworld, any survivors of my Defiance team, and quite possibly my parents depend on me to come back with enough strength to destroy the Queen.”

The only thing left for me to do was to murder my own tendency for self-pity, for it provided no helpful guidance, and instead dragged me each time something like what happened just now occured. This was the last time I incriminated myself for powerlessness. Whatever the current state, what I needed to do was to gain strength so that I wouldn’t have this type of ridiculous regrets in the future.

I pulled myself away from the gates, and with one last look in their direction, I walked towards a sign next to the PULSE’s computer monitor which said “emergency exit”.

Once outside of Team Meteor’s hideout, I continued the trek to Calcenon City alone. I battled a couple of trainers on the way, and asked them for directions which they kindly gave me.

At the connection of Route 4 to Calcenon, I found Hardy pacing back and forth. As soon as he saw me come in, his expression lightened up and he ran towards me.

“Hey Vanilla, glad you made it,” he said. “What happened to your cheek? Where’s Aya?”

I looked down to my feet.

“We ran into Team Meteor and she got captured. I’m sorry.”

“She what, mate?”

The smile on his face was erased in an instant, and he excused himself as he ran off in the direction of Calcenon. I also followed him and entered the city.

Despite being the target of PULSE Clawitzer, the city was mostly unharmed except for a few holes in the floor here and there. I could tell Saphira had been quite busy at work, and just as I thought of her, she flew past me on her dragonite to the west of the city. I headed west, and found a familiar face sitting at the doorstep of one of the houses.

“Pikachu,” I called, and the mimikyu turned in place. As soon as he saw me, he jumped and attached himself to my right leg. His cloth head swinging over my knee tickled a great deal, and I laughed.

“I also missed you. Come with me to the Pokemon Center. I need an ointment for the bruises on my feet.”

Once that was taken care of, I entered the house on which doorstep I found Pikachu. Inside, I found not only Shelly and Cain, but also Anna and Noel, whom I had not seen since I left Tanzan Cove.

6MOCAYo.png

“See? I told you Vanilla was here,” Anna squealed.

“Hah, not bad. Heyy nice seeing you again, Vanilla,” Cain said. “Huh, but where’s Aya?”

I told Cain what happened with Aya, in a little more detail than what I told Hardy.

“Is that so,” e said, scratching is head. “Well, I think she’ll be fine.”

“You’re not w-worried?” Shelly asked.

“If we should be worried about anyone, it’s their captors. That girl will complain their heads off.”

“Hmm, if you say so,” Anna shrugged. “Now, you were telling us about Ametrine, right?”

“Yeah, the path to Ametrine is blocked by a gigantic block of ice.”

“H-Heather is in Ametrine. I have to, um, get there as soon as possible.”

“Not only Heather, but everyone in Ametrine will be in a tight spot, since that’s the only access for them to receive food and other resources.”

“They probably have emergency food stocks for cases like this,” Noel suggested. “But yes, we need to get rid of the ice as soon as possible.”

“We’ve tried breaking the ice, but even Hardy’s gigalith couldn’t do it. It doesn’t seem to be made of regular ice,” Cain sighed.

“The texture is slippery too, so I don’t think it would be wise to try to climb over it,” I corroborated.

“And you can’t walk around it?” Anna asked.

“N-no. It’s blocking the cave f-from wall to wall,” Shelly replied.

Anna paced around, and a few minutes later clapped her hands.

“That’s easy then,” she said.

“Is it?”

“Yup. If you can’t go over it, around it or through it, then there’s only one option left, don’t you think?”

HCtAr9O.png

“Go under it…” I murmured.

“Exactly! Ametrine Mountain has a lot of patches of water here and there connecting rivers and ponds, so you might get lucky and find an access to a well in Ametrine City.”

“We still have to get lucky, huh?” I said.

“Hopefully the city has wells and they’re not frozen,” Cain commented. “But say it’s a possibility. You’ll still need the HM Dive for that.”

“And the badge to enable the use of it,” Noel added.

“Um, if I’m not m-mistaken, I saw HM Dive back in, um, Agate Circus. It was a p-prize for a puzzle game.”

“The badge you’ll need is Charlotte’s,” Anna told me. “Luckily she’s here in Calcenon! So if you just tell her what’s going on, I’m sure she’ll be happy to battle you.”

“Alright, I’ll go challenge Charlotte, and then I’ll go fetch the HM and dive over to Ametrine City,” I summarized.

“Yep. Good luck~” Anna waved.

“Um, Vanilla,” Shelly stopped me when I was outside the house. “B-between you and me, I have t-to tell you something.”

“What is it?”

“Remember that Cain t-told us Heather is in Ametrine with, um, Blake?”

“I recall something of that nature. Why?”

“Um, I know h-him. I mean, no I don’t know him personally, but, um, I’ve heard stuff about him and,” Shelly sighed. “I’ve only h-heard bad things about him.”

“If he’s bad, I’ll be sure to help your friend escape his abuse,” I said, placing both of my hands on Shelly’s shoulders. “Does that calm you?”

Shelly nodded.

“But, um, if you don’t mind… can I go to Ametrine with you? I want t-to help Heather,” she said, and in a lower voice added, “She’s my precious f-friend, and I have to p-protect her.”

I would have preferred to leave her here, where she was safe thanks to Saphira’s efforts. Yet, I knew Shelly was once again alluding to the time we stormed the orphanage to rescue Heather, when I told her to protect who she held dear. I couldn’t retract my words from back then, so I was forced to acquiesce to her request.

“Thank you,” she bobbed her head.

“Stay in this house. I’ll come for you when I obtain the Gym badge.”

Shelly looked at my eyes for an unnaturally long time, so I asked her if she had something else to say. The girl widened her eyes and shook her head.

“N-no, it’s nothing. Um, sorry, I’ll be waiting inside.”

With that, she swiftly opened the door and closed it behind her. I looked at Pikachu.

“What do you think? She’s probably hiding something,” I said to him. “But I’m not nosy. If she doesn’t want to tell me, it’s none of my business. Let’s head to the Gym?”

I lowered my arm, and Pikachu climbed up my shoulder.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Aster and Eclipse (+1): 0/10 For Eclipse showing she is more than a brainwashed pawn of Team Meteor
  • Sirius (-1): -2/10 Not only did he murder Eclipse (without staining his hands with blood), he was also a coward who dared not engage me in a fair fight
  • Everyone else remains the same

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

Wonder what Shelly wanted to further say

Oh nothing important, I'm sure :3

1 hour ago, Corso said:

Aster and Eclipse: 10/10 Schrodinger’s Meowth

One of my fave jokes in this game xD

Also, it's the 1st anniversary of From Everland to Reborn 😄 Thanks for the fun times and not-so-fun times (for Vanilla)~ hopefully the story will catch up to E18 before we reach the 2nd anniversary :blobsweat:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 50tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

This one is a lil on the long side but it's a lot of dialogue 😛 And the long-awaited battle between Charlotte and Vanilla owo but don't be too hyped or you might be disappointed.

On the west side of the city, I found Saphira and Hardy gazing at what initially seemed to be a long flight of stairs leading up to what I supposed was Labradorra. As I got closer, however, I discerned a screen which was of a faint tint of red.

“Aye! C’mon out here, Meteors!” Hardy said as he slammed his body against the screen. Each time he tried, he was propelled backwards with quite the momentum, yet he stood back up each time.

“Stop it,” Saphira scolded. “Look, someone’s coming.”

Indeed, I saw a despicable young man coming down the stairs.

“Is that why you chose your type, Hardy?” Fern moved his sunglasses up his forehead. “Because you’re as dumb as a rock? Don’t you see, this force field isn’t something you can break with your weak muscles.”

“I would’ve broken it long ago, had it been the case,” Saphira added.

“Why are you over there?” Hardy barked.

D2IAe7T.png

Fern smiled and shrugged.

“Simple. I side with the winners,” he said, glancing at me. “Team Meteor’s going to recreate the world, and when they do, I’ll be in my rightful place at the top.”

“It’s obvious that it's you who is dumb as a rock,” I said, and all three of them noticed I was there. “Everyone in Team Meteor says the same thing. That they’ll be on top whenever this new world comes by. Don’t you know that only a few people can be on top? If everyone were on top, there’d be no top or bottom. Team Meteor is selling falsehoods, but I guess they carefully chose the dumbest individuals to sell it to.”

Fern furrowed his brows.

“I bet you won’t even exist, loser. They’ll wipe you out of existence when they rewrite the world! It’s a shame that when that happens, I won’t have the pleasure to see your stupid face regretting your present words.”

“Have fun getting bossed around by Solaris and Lin in the next world, if that’s what you wish.”

I stepped back, since I had no intention of wasting a second longer with him. Hardy took the opportunity to speak in my stead.

“Fern, give Aya back now!”

“Too bad. Your pushover girlfriend happens to be another pawn in Team Meteor’s game,” Fern shrugged. “I can't release her, but I’ll give her a kiss for you, if you want.”

“Don’t you dare.”

“Just kidding,” Fern laughed mockingly. “I wouldn’t touch her if she paid me to.”

Hardy walked up to where he was but an inch from the force field. When he spoke, his voice was low but his irregular breathing pattern betrayed his rage.

“Mate, I swear to God. When I get through this wall, I’m gonna punch your face in.”

Fern shrugged again, and placed his shades back on his nose bridge.

“Get trolled,” he smiled, before climbing the stairs back up.

“Yet another coward who hides behind a barrier,” I shook my head and decided to forget about Fern for a moment, so I could direct my attention to someone almost as repulsive. “Saphira. As you might’ve noticed, the PULSE Clawitzer was turned off. The break may not last long, since it wasn’t destroyed but merely disconnected.”

“I heard this guy’s girlfriend was captured and you’re the only witness,” Saphira stroke her chin. “How can we be certain that you didn’t turn her in to Team Meteor, and temporarily turned off the PULSE to cover up?”

I batted my eyes.

“What? Are you being serious right now?”

“I told you I’d consider you part of the team, but never said I would trust you blindly.”

“Please stop it,” Hardy interrupted. “Vanilla’s helped us time and time again.”

“It’s ok, Hardy. Our dislike of the other is mutual,” I clarified. “I don’t care what you think of me, Saphira. The only thing that matters now is that you keep your snake eyes wide open in case the PULSE attacks resume.”

Saphira glared at me in silence, but finally acceded.

“Alright, I will remain vigilant. We’ll eventually have to find the PULSE itself to destroy it, but I’m afraid it’s likely to be located on the other side of the force field.”

I nodded.

“Is Charlotte in her Gym?” I asked, changing topics.

“I believe so. I think Laura went there minutes ago to talk to her,” she said. “Why, you’re going to challenge her to a Gym battle?”

“What if I am?”

“If you’re planning to beat her like you have beaten the previous Gym leaders, you’ll definitely lose,” Saphira smirked. “Up to now it was either brains or brawns. Charlotte has both.”

“Are you suggesting I don’t have both?”

“Frankly, yes. You seem to be much more physically inclined and intuitive, almost as if you'd relied on someone else to do the thinking up until recently,” Saphira raised an eyebrow, and I had to break eye contact on reflex.

“I don’t care for your opinion,” was all I could spit out before running to the Gym.

When I entered the Gym, I was greeted by Laura, whonearly crashed into me while crying.

“Excuse me,” she said, and ran out of the Gym while covering her face.

“Laura,” Charlotte called her, but she was already out. “Sorry, Vanilla. Wait here, I’ll be back.”

I was planning to wait there, but standing still wasn’t my cup of tea. I exited the Gym to find the couple of sisters, when I witnessed two people, one of whom I recognized as Aya, coming down from Labradorra. The other was Sirius.

“Good. You’re here as well,” he said seeing me approaching. “Remember our deal? Give us the Ruby Ring, or the girl’s life is forfeit.”

“We aren’t interested in negotiating,” Saphira answered before me.

“Like hell we aren’t!” Hardy snapped at her. “This is Aya’s life. Vanilla, just give him the ring.”

“I know you’re tempted to do the opposite of what I say after our recent discussion, but if you have even a gram of intellect, do not give them the ring,” Saphira said to me, ignoring Hardy’s desperation.

zfcG2MG.png

“You implied I lack brains only minutes ago,” I reminded.

“I hope I'm mistaken, then.”

“It's just a dumb piece of jewelry, c’mon,” Hardy insisted. “They'll kill Aya if we don't give it. No jewelry can be precious enough to replace her life.”

“Apparently some people disagree,” Aya rolled her eyes.

“If we do hand them the ring, they'll kill her,” Saphira said, but seeing that Hardy wasn't convinced, she elaborated. “The ring is a key which Team Meteor desperately needs. It's our only bargaining card. If they obtain it, they won't have reason to keep her alive since they'll already have what they needed.”

I saw the logic of what she said, but it still seemed risky. What guaranteed us that Team Meteor wouldn't get rid of the ineffective bargaining chip, Aya, and find another of us to take in as hostage? How could we be sure that they wouldn't kill her just to show off that they were capable of it? If Wolfie were here, she'd give me an answer I could wholeheartedly trust; however, instead I had to trust the judgment of either an emotionally invested young man or a frigid woman whose only concern was her sisters’ welfare.

Before I could make up my mind, Charlotte happened to walk by and joined our merry conversation.

“Yo, sis. What's up here?” she asked.

“Team Meteor wants Vanilla’s Ruby Ring in exchange for Aya.”

“That's right, and your sister wants to throw off the deal,” Hardy shouted. “Y'know what, Saphira. I bet if 'twas one of your sisters over there, you wouldn't be saying any of this.”

I thought that was a good point, but Saphira was unfazed.

“No, that doesn't change anything,” was her reply.

“Aha, so sis. You'd abandon me just for something stupid like a ring, huh?” Charlotte said, suddenly grabbing my hand and taking the Ruby Ring off my finger.

“Give that back, Charlotte,” I said, but I let her examine the ring. Something in her expression told me she was up to something.

“What about you, Vanilla? Would you throw me to the dogs to keep the ring?”

Way to put me on the spot, I thought. I still needed time to weigh the pros and cons of each of the two options, and that required time, something Charlotte made clear she wasn't planning to offer me.

“Your silence offends me,” she said. “The fact you have to think of an answer is just as bad as a straight ‘yes’. You're ice cold, Vanilla.”

“Don't be so dramatic,” I said.

“I have no regrets now that I know both my dear sister and someone I considered a friend don't cherish my life one bit. You, come get the ring. I'll be waiting in Route 4, but I'll be hiding in case one of these two chase after me.”

RhNWtLC.png

“Sounds like a plan, for now,” Sirius laughed, as he shifted his gaze from Saphira and I, and Charlotte who left us running full speed. He dragged Aya back to Labradorra, and the two Gym leaders and I were left alone.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Hardy shouted at Saphira’s face. “First you stop Vanilla from giving him the ring, and now your sister’s gone with the only thing we can use to save Aya!”

“Nothing is wrong with me. My sister preserved Aya’s life indefinitely, an even better outcome than what we could've expected had Vanilla just kept the ring.”

“I don't understand you.”

“No, it's evident you don't,” Saphira sighed. “Tell me, do you have siblings?”

Hardy took a pause, and when he spoke his voice was low.

“Yeah, I have an older sister. You remind me of her.”

“Hm. So you aren't close. No wonder you don't see things as my sisters and I do. If you had experienced what my sisters and I went through, you'd understand what it means to have absolute faith on each other. We lost everything else; the only thing we have remaining is each other.”

“I don't want to understand any of it, if it means taking a human life lightly like you did,” Hardy shouted before running away.

Silence ensued between Saphira and I, but she was the first to break it.

“You should go find Charlotte,” she said. “I assume you want to get the ring back, and also to battle her for her Gym badge.”

I didn’t respond and just walked over to the access to Route 4.

At the access, I was surprised to find Charlotte sitting nonchalantly, tossing and turning the ring as though it were a coin.

“Ah, Vanilla,” she caught the ring in her hand when she saw me. “Sorry for earlier. It was all an act to distract Team Meteor and bring them here. Soon they’ll come here searching the woods for the hidden girl with the ring.”

Charlotte smirked at my puzzlement.

“And don’t worry about not making up your mind about whether or not to hand the ring in to save me. I knew that would be your reaction, because whether you know it or not, you are careful when trying to help your allies, even if you're careless when it comes to your own wellbeing.”

mLEzFic.png

“Will you give that back?” I said, avoiding to comment on what she told me. Charlotte dropped the ring on the palm of my extended hand.

“It’s a pretty jewel to be sure,” she noted.

“Can we have a Gym battle now, before Sirius shows up and figures it out?”

“Sure thing,” Charlotte stood up, and looked at the exit to Route 4 for a brief second. “You know, I couldn’t find Laura after she left the Gym. I don't doubt she'll be fine on her own, but I'm still a little worried.”

We started walking, and she told me how Laura was laid off her duties as an Elite 4 member out of the blue, and as such was quite distressed. I made comments here and there, but I knew little of Laura to guide her or her acquaintances in this unexpected tough time.

Rather than that, my mind was more engaged in devising a team and strategy against Charlotte’s fire types. I recalled the only time I saw her fight in the old Yuyeyu building, when she took out most of our enemies single-handedly, despite my being there as well. The disaster of a fight against Dr Connal was a blow to my ego, a wake-up call that I wasn’t yet as strong as I supposed myself to be. However, time had given me a chance to train up my pokemon, mostly through repeated battles against Team Meteor. Today I was a better trainer than I was then, and I was ready to prove it… or so I thought.

“I don’t know if you remember a passing comment when we were in Tanzan Cove, about our main residence being burnt down,” Charlotte said when she took her place opposite me at the steamy field.

“Perhaps I recall something of the sort,” I replied.

“I burnt it down when I was younger,” she said without hesitation. “I was playing with my vulpix at night, and the curtain caught fire.”

I didn't say anything. Perhaps I would've offered my condolences, since I had a hunch this accident had been the one to take her parents’ lives and was also the reason she and her sisters had been sent to Dr Connal’s orphanage. However I preferred not to assume anything.

zuuFg2e.png

“When the flames started spreading, at first I was confused and scared,” she continued. “Yet, the most vivid recollection of that night isn't feelings of remorse or sadness; it was of awe. I couldn't take my eyes away from the beautiful flames, even while Saphira dragged me out of the house. During the first years after the incident, I blamed myself for what happened, and also I couldn't come to terms with the guilt I felt for being attracted to the same flames that took my parents’ lives.”

“My condolences,” I said at last, now that she had confessed.

Charlotte smiled a little but shook her head.

“I don't need condolences anymore, because I've reconciled with myself. I'm not allowed the luxury of mourning or even feeling guilt like others. My mistake can't be remedied by any of that, and it shouldn't be, until the day I die.”

“I'd say you shouldn't be so hard on yourself, but that would be insincere,” I said. “I understand your reasoning because I also am responsible for a great number of deaths, deaths of people I cherished like my own family. There must be a punishment that matches such wrongdoing in Hell, but that is my only consolation. Let it be yours too, if you wish.”

Charlotte was silent, but her expression showed signs of relief when she spoke again.

“I knew you were someone I could talk with on equal standing, and I always thought it was because you resemble Saphira. Now I think it's our common shadows that allowed us to get along.”

I wasn't happy about being told I resembled a cold-blooded tyrant, but on retrospection, I could see where she was coming from.

“Now, shall we begin our battle? Let's hope for the both of us I don't burn down the Gym as well!”

B4BeIuo.png

Spoiler

What, did you expect to find a video here? Sorryto dorito cheeto, but carry on reading. You'll find that the video won't come until the next episode 😉 

Charlotte sent out a typhlosion and a darmanitan which were both on steroids or something because they quickly swept my team. No one on my team could withstand two hits from these speedy monsters, and yet if any managed to hit back, the intensity was short of knocking the opponent out. My reliance on speedy strategies crippled me, just like Luna had predicted: now that I faced a faster opponent, I was left with monsters with low defenses that went down when attacked.

“That was quick,” Charlotte commented when the last of my team went down. “No hard feelings, though. My challengers have usually rematched me more than a couple of times before beating me.”

“I won't give in,” I assured.

“That's the spirit.”

This was not the first time I had to rematch a Gym leader, since I also lost to Noel when we battled. Therefore, I wasn't as crushed about losing, since it only reaffirmed my conviction that Charlotte was a formidable opponent, and defeating her would help me greatly in attaining more strength. So I calmly left the Gym to reconsider my team, and then I headed to Route 4 to train the six Pokémon I thought were bulky or faster than the two I'd seen Charlotte send out. On my way, I found a couple of Team Meteor grunts who appeared to be looking for Charlotte and the ring. I beat them both and sent them back to where they came from. How cowardly of Sirius to send others in his stead, I thought.

Once my team was stronger, I rematched Charlotte twice more, but to no avail. I reached her ninetales on the latest try, but drought coupled with the already steamy field destroyed through everything. If back in the Yuyeyu building I’d thought trainer and Pokémon looked like two flames burning in sync when they fought alongside me, they looked like projectiles of exploding fire now that I was on the receiving end of their teamwork.

What could be done? I had set out to bond with and train up the Pokémon Candy had given me at the start of my league challenge, yet perhaps it was time to trash that plan and catch monsters that could actually beat the opponent. Such were my depressing thoughts as I sat down at the connection of Calcenon and Route 4, being caressed by Pikachu, who tried to cheer me up hopelessly.

“Given up yet?”

I heard a voice I recognized and disliked, and I slowly raised my eyes to meet Saphira’s.

eyhBcXL.png

“No, and leave me alone.”

“How rude. Didn't they teach you to respect your elders?” she smirked and sat next to me. “What are you thinking?”

I didn't want to talk, but I figured she would leave faster if her pride was satisfied with my narrative of triple defeat. I told her that, and also a short comment of my plan to add new Pokémon to my team despite my initial hesitation.

“For one so stern, the idea to build a relationship with your Pokémon team is rather cute.”

“Again, I don't care for your opinion.”

“I'm only complimenting. Perhaps your heart is on the right place after all,” she shrugged. “Each trainer has their own belief on how to train their Pokémon. There's research done all over the world about what are the best techniques to bring out their potential. But you know, I firmly believe Pokémon and humans are the same: we like to belong in society and try our hardest to protect those we love.”

I nodded and caressed Pikachu’s head. It was a theory I could honestly support.

“So creating a bond between the members of a limited society that is your team is a good idea. That means the issue isn't that your Pokemon are too weak to fight Charlotte.”

“Then?” I asked, though I could already imagine she was going to blame my incompetence instead.

“I told you. Charlotte is brains and brawns. Her doubles play is impeccable, and only an equally impeccable strategy that hits hard will do against her.”

A spark of distrust hit the back of my head, and I raised an eyebrow. I thought it odd that Saphira had been insulting me every time there was occasion to during the whole day, and now she was offering me advice on how to defeat her own sister. Perhaps after getting played so many times- by Aladdin, the other Defiance groups, Archer and Solaris to name a few instances- I was finally learning to read between the lines to catch these oddities.

“Why are you telling me all of this?” I asked.

Saphira, however, was visibly displeased with my question, as she conveyed with a twitch of the lips and crossing of her arms.

“Because you're taking too long to beat the Gym, and soon we'll have Sirius threatening us to give him the ring again. By that time, the ring must be away from Calcenon, so he is forced to keep Aya alive until you show up again to negotiate. Does this explanation satisfy you?”

“It sounds convincing, at least.”

“Now, get up. We'll check your PC to see if any of your teammates have what it takes to beat Charlotte.”

Spoiler
  • Hardy (+2): 5/10 He gives his opinions decidedly, and shows loyalty to Aya even if it has some borderline romantic interest. Loyalty of any kind should be appreciated.
  • Fern (-1): -3/10 Now he's placed the cherry on top of his arrogance by joining Team Meteor. How low can he sink?
  • Saphira (+/-1): 1/10 We obviously can't stand each other's company, but she surprised me with her speech on pokemon theory.
  • Charlotte (+1): 7/10 Even if I lost to her 3 times already, I don't hold a grudge. She's a battler I can honestly admire.
  • Sirius (-1): -3/10 He continues to protect only his life like a coward.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6

Saphira gets +/-1? How can someone like her get a positive point!? This is probably the most unpleasant thing I've read in this run. And I was even starting to not dislike Vanilla…
I really hope Vanilla doesn't let that demon look at her PC, if Vanilla has still some pride left

Alolan Ninetales with Quick Claw would be enough to extinguish the field and let Seismitoad tank some hits
I really feel I won't like the next episode

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Corso said:

Saphira gets +/-1? How can someone like her get a positive point!? This is probably the most unpleasant thing I've read in this run. And I was even starting to not dislike Vanilla…
I really hope Vanilla doesn't let that demon look at her PC, if Vanilla has still some pride left

Alolan Ninetales with Quick Claw would be enough to extinguish the field and let Seismitoad tank some hits
I really feel I won't like the next episode

Pikachu died and this is the most unpleasant thing? I think the final showdown will be between Corso and Vanilla, who hates Saphira (and by extension Titania) more 👀 but seriously tho, Vanilla and the two others have a similar disposition, so imo you shouldn't dislike one more than the other. The only difference is that being the protagonist, Vanilla gets much more screen time than the others, and thus you know her strengths and vulnerabilities- in other words (and this is my hope as a writer) Vanilla feels more like a broken human than cold-blooded killing machines that the other two seem to be.

And Corso, you might forget but a long time ago your brilliant mind (aka the real "masterpiece of evolution") figured out exactly what the winning match of Vanilla against Charlotte would be xD don't tell though, unless you want to ruin the next episode for everyone as much as I'll likely ruin it for you when 

Spoiler

Demon Saphira actually looks at Vanilla's PC :maniacal:

6 hours ago, Candy said:

What, did you expect to find a video here? Sorryto dorito cheeto, but carry on reading. You'll find that the video won't come until the next episode 😉 

You had me fooled. And curse you, for being so cruel as to not give a video and have Saphira take a look at Vanilla's PC.

• Haha 1

Tbh I've never said I dislike Titania more or less than Saphira, they're both horrible human beings on the same level as Sirius, Solaris (and their pokemon) and Lin (she kills Taka in Reshiram route right?). But you're correct about their screen time: as a matter of fact, I really disliked Vanilla at first because of her arrogance, but that aspect of her personality seems to have been toned down to the point that I prefer she keeps her pride as a trainer (and as a person who hates Saphira as everyone should do) instead of getting help from the person who has been insulting her since their first meeting.
In my opinion, at this point it would make more sense if that Unown showed up and told Vanilla the "correct" strategy to win (did I really figured it out? I don't remember). 

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 51tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Spoiler

There might be a surprise on this episode lol I thought it was going to be how Vanilla beats Charlotte but apparently everyone knows this strategy so that ain't gonna be it chief fml and here I thought I was genius for devising that strat

JcEgxHF.png

“Excuse me?” I retorted.

Hearing her blabbering about Pokémon theory was one thing, but asking to see my PC to butt in my private matters was not something I could take lightly.

“What? We need to make a strategy. How do you suppose I can do that without checking your party?”

“It's like asking me to check my credit card to see if I'm taking proper care of my money,” I said, squinting my eyes. “Do you think I'd believe your good intentions when neither of us trusts the other?”

Saphira rolled her eyes and sighed.

“I can't trust you because you're an outsider. What incentive do you have to fight against Team Meteor for the people of Reborn? Nothing. You might as well fight us instead.”

“Solaris killed my pachirisu,” I replied, patting Pikachu's head. “Getting revenge on him is incentive enough, but I'm also using them as punching bags to make my team grow stronger.”

“Both weak incentives. As I understand, your pachirisu reincarnated into your mimikyu, so you can even nullify the whole homicide. And you can get stronger battling trainers and Gym leaders as traditional league challengers have done, or join Team Meteor and fight our Pokémon instead.”

I didn't reply. There was something else that I felt tied me to fighting alongside the Reborn Gym leaders, but I wasn't sure what it was. A sense of morality, perhaps, but I reminded myself that back in Everland I'd supported the rebels that challenged the status quo, which was roughly equivalent to Team Meteor challenging the existing society of Reborn. So that probably wasn't it, but I couldn't come up with a better reason- I just knew I didn't want to join Team Meteor.

Saphira examined me as I looked for a counter argument, but she shook her head when I couldn't produce one.

“On the other hand, I'm leading the war from Calcenon’s side, and you know I would never leave my sisters in danger. I've acted nothing but honestly. If that isn’t enough proof of my trustworthiness, I remind you I'm Labradorra’s Gym leader. I have Ame’s trust.”

“There's been a case of a Gym leader actually being a Team Meteor member,” I commented, remembering Corey. “Your title means nothing.”

“Fine. In any case, you have my priorities very clear in your mind. You know what to expect from me. There’s no doubt I'd leave you to die if I had to choose between Laura or you,” she shrugged. “So if I had hidden intentions, I wouldn’t hide them from you or anyone. I play my games head-on.”

I was still not thoroughly convinced, because even if she plays honestly and has background to prove it, as she so eloquently said herself, her intentions were never my well-being.

Despite my distrust of Saphira, I could still make an effort to trust her on this matter, if it weren’t for my pride. It was beneath me to accept Saphira’s guidance. It was too convenient for her, to make a fool of me repeatedly when she's at leisure, and then force me to hurry my Gym battle as soon as my remaining in Calcenon posed a threat to her sisters’ wellbeing. It made me feel as though I was nothing but a puppet dancing on her hands.

Yet, I had to admit that three consecutive losses against Charlotte was enough proof that I was not only inferior in strategizing to Charlotte, but also automatically inferior to Saphira, who was a higher ranked Gym leader. Given that, could I not swallow my pride and learn from my superior? It wasn’t the first time that I had to do so, and not even close to the worst example of doing it. King’s face flashed on the back of my mind and I sighed.

“So, are you going to stand there staring at me, or will you come to the Pokemon Center?”

“Indeed,” I replied and followed her. I internally repeated to myself over and over that compared to King’s discipline, receiving guidance from a selfish obnoxious woman was children’s play.

lyHSa3V.png

However, halfway through punching my log-in password, I reconsidered.

“Saphira, you’re a Gym leader. You’re truly despicable, almost convincing me to show you my team so that you can plan against my future strategies against you,” I spat. “Is this your idea of playing head-on?”

Saphira batted her eyes and shook her head.

“You misunderstand, if you think I need to cheat to win a match against a mere newbie,” she shrugged. “If you struggle against Charlotte now, I’ll make you regret coming to Reborn all together.”

“You know you’re reaching the limit of my patience,” I gritted my teeth. “If I were you, I’d stay away. Otherwise I’ll make you regret picking a fight with me.”

“Do you think I can’t defend myself?” Saphira cracked her knuckles. “Training dragons requires discipline in the form of physical and mental training.”

“Please, no violence in the Center,” Nurse Joy called us out, but I was still ready to jump on Saphira’s throat when both my opponent and I became entangled in black elastic matter.

“What’s this?” Saphira barked as she tried to free her arms.

I looked to the origin of the matter, and saw it was none other than Pikachu’s doing. I took a deep breath and exhaled.

“Thanks Pikachu. I won’t punch the daylights out of this woman so you can release me now.”

Pikachu obliged and withdrew the arm he had wrapped around me.

“Now, let’s throw the problem outside, shall we?”

“You wouldn’t dare,” Saphira muttered.

“Wouldn’t I?” I smirked.

Pikachu and I walked to the Pokemon Center’s entrance and stopped before the stairs that led down. I asked Pikachu to roll Saphira down the stairs, but the polite pokemon disobeyed me and instead lifted Saphira and carefully placed her back down the stairs. She fixed her clothing and glared at me.

“Don’t come back up, because you’ll be wasting your time and mine. Go bother someone else,” I said and entered back into the Center.

“Now, Pikachu. Let’s get back to work. Do you have any strategy in mind?”

We looked at the PC box in silence for a couple of minutes, before the Center’s glass door slid open. I assumed it was Saphira again, so I was ready push her out of there, but contrary to my belief, the one who entered wasn’t her but Cain.

kYCHxOt.png

“Heyy girl, how’s your Gym match going?” e asked. “I just passed by Saphira, and she shouted at me when I asked her what was up. She looked like she could almost breathe fire like her dragonite.”

“She was being arrogant, and I only put her in her place,” I said.

“And here I thought you got along well when I saw you both heading to the Center together,” Cain laughed. “I met her when I reached Calcenon, but she doesn’t seem like the type I could joke around with.”

Cain then moved closer to me as though e were about to tell me a secret.

“Between you and me, I prefer you over Saphira any day,” e whispered.

“Is that supposed to be a good thing?” I asked as I took a step back.

“I don’t know, don’t you think it’s a good thing?” Cain winked. “Anyhow, what are you doing? Checking on which pokemon to battle Charlotte with?”

“Yeah. Don’t look.”

“Don’t be so shy, it’s not like I’m seeing your undies or something else…” the demon curved his lips, but coughed when I glared. “You know, I have fought you several times, so I might venture a suggestion. Since it’s a fire type Gym in doubles style, what about using your lycanroc and Rock Sliding Charlotte’s team to oblivion?”

“I already tried that,” I mumbled. “Charlotte’s pokemon outspeed Wolfie and knock her out despite the type advantage. Besides, her volcarona is holding a charti berry which weakens the rock move. The only way Wolfie could do something is if she sweeps everyone without getting attacked, and that’s something she can’t do if her speed is slow and her attacks are weakened.”

“That’s a good analysis,” Cain noted. “I can see you’ve studied her moves well.”

I rolled my eyes. It wasn’t as if I had been absent-minded the three times I lost.

“Well, the good news is that lycanroc is a fast pokemon, and should be able to outspeed most if not all of Charlotte’s pokemon when trained properly for it,” e continued. “The bad news is that you’re right- we need a way to increase your Wolfie’s attack so she can sweep ideally.”

At that moment, Pikachu squeaked and sprang onto the PC’s keyboard.

“What is it, Pikachu?” I asked and looked at the display. The cursor was now pointing at an almost forgotten member of my team. It was Cheshire, a sentret which I hadn't even bothered to train up from the day I arrived to Reborn City.

“A Lv. 1 sentret? I can feel the amount of love you’ve given this poor soul,” Cain commented, but I shoved his face away from the screen. I reminded him that e wasn’t allowed to see my team details, even if e had technically seen pretty much all of my team over time. I returned my focus to Pikachu and furrowed my brows.

“But Pikachu, Cheshire is a normal type. That doesn't give me edge in the match against fire types. Besides his base stats don't seem to rank up to Charlotte’s monsters.”

Pikachu hopped from key to key, all while squeaking as though he were saying “I insist! I insist!” I placed a hand on his head, fearing he might break the PC.

“I think your Pikachu is up to something,” Cain said.

“All right, all right. I'll train him up. Let's see if he can answer your expectations,” I acquiesced to Pikachu, who twirled happily.

I withdrew Cheshire. The furry monochrome monster was at first drowsy, but soon showed how ecstatic he was to be out of the PC.

“Let’s head to Route 4,” Cain suggested. “I’ll help you train. I’m sure my team is stronger than wild pokemon out there anyway.”

Teaching Wolfie the ways of high speed wasn’t hard at all, given that it was my specialty when it came to man-to-man fights. It only modified the regimen that I followed under King and later my Defiance team followed under my leadership, to be more suitable to a creature of 4 legs. As Cain had said, I was molding up what already had potential, since lycanrocs were already blessed with natural agility.

UnmXqtl.png

The more taxing of tasks was to train Cheshire. He wasn’t used to my commands since it was the first time he worked with me, and also he was learning combat from scratch against monsters that could crush him if they wanted to. Cain’s pokemon made an effort to tone down their power, but even then Cheshire’s tackles and scratches did very little to them. It took him several comforting and self-esteem boosting sessions (for he regularly lost interest when he thought he was inherently weak) in order to evolve and also reach the level of my other teammates. When he was ready, I at last understood why Pikachu had insisted on my training up Cheshire.

“Do you have a strategy in mind now?” Cain asked me.

“Yes,” I answered with confidence.

When I entered the Gym once more, I found Charlotte talking with Saphira.

“I’ve come to re-challenge you,” I said. “And this time I’m confident I won’t lose.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Aren’t you too, sis?” Charlotte smiled.

“Whatever,” Saphira answered. “I hope this one’s for sure. You’ve already wasted us a lot of time.”

The snake-eyed girl walked with long strides and passed me without adding any more words.

“Don’t mind her. She just has a huge ego and can’t stand people who step on it,” Charlotte said. “She was telling me how your mimikyu practically booted her out of the Pokemon Center.”

“He just put her on the ground outside,” I shrugged. “Imagine if Pikachu had obeyed my order of rolling her down the stairs.”

Charlotte laughed, Pikachu squeaked and I snorted.

“Are you ready for battle?” Charlotte asked, composing herself.

“Ready as I’ll ever be.”

B4BeIuo.png

Spoiler

Spoiler
  • Saphira (-1): 0/10 What a sly way to cheat (Candy's note: she didn't try to cheat but Vanilla's convinced she did rip).
  • Cain (+1): 7/10 Can't deny he was helpful in training up a team member from Lv 1.

TEAM RECAP

Spoiler

ZHt97XT.pngpf1hY8F.pngLqGd3qz.pngapeXgTp.png45vRyd5.pnghphwjhJ.pngUheZo42.pngMrFCxB8.pngTAFPUb4.pnga3VQX6V.png7O3UrKe.pnge7zVeCX.png

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6

Now I've seen everything. A level 1 Paras surviving through this and now a Furret. I guess this game teaches you to never underestimate the lesser used Pokemon. The 1 time I've ever seen Helping Hand useful. Lol. But very great Chapter here. Kind of sucks that Vanilla and Saphira can't get along but that's ok. Great job as always.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Now I've seen everything. A level 1 Paras surviving through this and now a Furret. I guess this game teaches you to never underestimate the lesser used Pokemon. The 1 time I've ever seen Helping Hand useful. Lol. But very great Chapter here. Kind of sucks that Vanilla and Saphira can't get along but that's ok. Great job as always.

Ahhh I'm glad that you hadn't seen this strat used T_T so that battle wasn't disappointing to everyone haha

Honestly tho I have a feeling that lycanroc could KO everything without helping hand, but I didn't try that and also wanted to give Furret some love since it hadn't been used at all...

As Charlotte would say, opposites attract and likes repel. There ain't much to do there, and now it's even harder to make Vanilla improve her opinion of Saphira since she thinks she was offering guidance to cheat in their future Gym match rip

• Like 1

OMG I'M SO HAPPY THAT EVENT DIDN'T HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE THE BEST CANDY
Idk if you changed the story because of what I said (I'm selfish tothink it could have happened) or if it was already planned but THANKS!!!!
I would have liked Vanilla to show a bit more strenght against Saphira but in the end it went well

I have 2 question:
1) What is that trap prime by Cheshire?

2) what was the strategy I guessed long ago??? I can't remember! Quick Claw?

Thanks for the episode 
To think that this run will reach E18 content before me because I'm not playing reborn alas

That was honestly the most effective, unexpected sweeps I've ever seen.

My mouth was open the entire battle

Who knew the near useless helping hand could be so useful?

(Did you even need to go through the trouble to train that Sentret?)

Hello there~ 🙂 

I’m glad to see another episode of FETR once again! For some reason, the contention with Saphira makes me have some empathy for Vanilla. She already lost against her little sister, and had to train even more with Cain to surpass her. That reminded me a bit of Sapphire from Pokemon Adventures when she failed defeating Winona during her first try in the manga. People may disagree with my opinion, but that’s why I found this episode almost poignant.

And congratulations with Charlotte! 😄 Cheshire was a very good asset to deal with her team, I would have never really think about this. Can we say that Helping Hand came in Handy during this episode? ^^