From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, Archeric said:

wonderland was at war? warderland

geez

that city pic is so pixelated 

It's actually a cutout of a map in Desolation lul but I had to magnify it 3x which is why it looks weird 

Guess I have to reach that city in-game and replace the pic once I do xD

1 hour ago, SilverHelio said:

Cool, it's Decibel in the Pokécenter screen!

I wonder who Candy's husband is. 😏

If those bikes were stolen then wouldn't Shelly have protested against stealing them in the first place? 🤔

I'm using the follower pokemon mod, and it uses Decibel as the NPC to turn it off lel

It was mentioned in an episode wae bacc that Candy's husband is Cookie, but Vanilla doesn't approve xD

The bikes were stolen in that episode where everyone was running away from the Orphanage, and since they were in a hurry to run before the police could arrive, Vanilla suggested stealing bikes from Aqua and Magma gangs (actually while the two gangs were fighting over at Craudberry's apartment)

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 40tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Remember that time I said the cheesy lore stuff was over and this episode was going to push the plot forward?

Spoiler

The rest of our trip to Vanhanen Labyrinth was silent and uneventful. Wherever Jasmin was at this point in time, it wasn’t the place I was in. I hoped that such happy coincidence would continue on, since Reborn is a large region. Moreover, unless she brought Everland Police officers with her, she would probably have a hard time mobilizing the local police forces against me. Who would have thought that being on the Reborn cops’ good side would pay off like this?

r5dicoY.png

It wasn’t difficult to find the tree Luna had referred to. It was located near the entrance, and when we checked around it, we soon found a hexagonal opening which matched the shape of the crystal she had given me. I inserted the crystal, and the tree started making rather mechanical sounds and vibrating as it moved in a circular motion away from us. When it stopped, we beheld a narrow staircase that had been hidden under the fake tree.

“Will you be coming? I can’t tell what lies below,” I asked Shelly, for she really had no business following me. The fact that she had left the Cove to join me was already dangerous, and I didn’t see the point in placing her in even more trouble.

Shelly was startled that I spoke to her after a long time of silence, but quickly responded that she wished to come.

“I-I’ve been trying to help my friends,” she said in a louder and clearer voice than she usually spoke in. “You told m-me to protect what was dear to me by myself. I-I hope I at least, um, look like I’ve been trying.”

I didn’t remember right away when I had told her a thing like that, but then I recalled I might have said something of the sort back when we were storming the Orphanage, because I was displeased at her attitude. Truly, now I could tell why she had been acting unlike the shy and dependent girl I’d met a while ago.

“I don’t need protecting, if that is what you’re trying to do,” I replied. “But it will do you good to make your own decisions. I won’t stop you.”

I led the way, Shelly and Nilla closely following me. The stairs looked as though they had been hastily made, but weren’t particularly unstable. Once we were underground, though, I looked back at the entrance, which I didn’t know how to close behind me. I didn’t see anyone following us, but it still made me uneasy to leave the entrance open like that.

In any case, the stairs led to a wide tunnel which walls, floor and ceiling were all covered in rocks and gemstones. The colors were distracting, and the walls so rough that had I not known what to look for, I might have been stuck there for hours. Alas, I found the hexagonal shaped opening on the furthermost wall, to which I inserted the crystal again.

Part of the wall ended up collapsing to make way to a darkness so thick that it was almost creeping over to us. I only wondered whether Luna had taken a different path to us, or whether she somehow repaired the wall as to show no signs of the passageway. We just passed it silently, entering the blinding void, but did not bother to fix the collapsed rocks.

f2iwhdB.png

I did not fear the dark, for I had spent years in the Underworld which had nothing but artificial dull lighting. On top of that, I had spent much of the time under the ground of the Underworld, which was lit by a number of light bulbs I could count with one hand. Darkness was unharmful, and in our case even protective. The only problem was the uncalled ghastly guests who sometimes inhabited it… but when you fear the light more than the dark, you learn to push down your trepidation and get rid of the ghosts.

However, Shelly wasn’t on the same page as me. While my eyes quickly got used to my surroundings, I heard her struggling at each step she took. Granted, the path was rockier than the previous one.

“Nilla, light the path for Shelly,” I asked the firefly, who had herself forgotten that she could glow. “I can manage by myself.”

“Um, thank you,” Shelly said.

“Sure you still want to follow me?” I looked over my shoulder and asked her the question again, to test her willingness.

I thought I saw Shelly nodding, but I couldn’t tell well from the dark. She quickly realized that, and confirmed her willingness with a surprisingly loud “yes”.

I shrugged and allowed her to tag along, but made sure not to offer her much help, for if anything, this was a little training for her, and to her dismay, I only knew the Defiance training style. If she insisted to come, she would have to go through it with her own strength.

The dark path wasn’t too long, and we eventually made it out.

uWybfov.png

The three of us stopped and marveled at the colors of Iolia Valley, which made our eyes hurt after spending considerable time in the darkness. The vivid greens of the grass, and the deep aqua blue of the river to where a cascade of water poured thunderous life nonstop, together with the various pokemon that were playing around in peace, were all almost too bright to take in. Unfortunately, I could tell this scenery was not the reason Luna had chosen Iolia Valley for our battle location.

I started walking again, and Shelly and Nilla noticed my move and followed me. Though we had made it to Iolia Valley, we still had some more walking to do before we could reach Luna. To add to the hassle, someone had cleverly placed more crystal keys where they could not be reached unless one went back and forth and solved a seemingly unending puzzle. Even Radomus’ maze had not been as tedious as this.

We passed a few more dark tunnels too, some which faintly glowed in an amethyst color. On each occasion, I could tell Shelly’s walking speed was increasing, and she let out less struggling whimpers. I thought I had been right in letting her learn by trial and error, and was pleased at her demonstration of strong will, though I said nothing about it.

However, destiny was a strict teacher, even more so than either King or I had once been.

On one of the occasions as we passed through a pitch black cave, I noticed that the ground was brittle and steeply inclined. I made a comment about the slope, so Shelly and Nilla knew to be careful as they descended. We walked down as carefully as possible, but on one step I took, the rock on which I’d placed my weight dislodged. Much as a bridge which keystone had been removed, the floor caved in, and I barely managed to run and roll down to the edge of the sinkhole, when the rocks stopped falling. As I ran, I had heard Shelly’s sharp scream, but only after the tremorous noise of the ground falling had subsided, could I see the aftermath of the result thanks to Nilla’s glow.

From afar, Shelly seemed to be hanging on, though in the dull light I could not distinguish between a rock or wall or just plain thin air. I heard my heartbeat taking over my mind and my senses, until I felt my whole head throbbing rhythmically to the beat.

Lq5JJWT.png

I had felt this way before: when I ran together with Wolfie to save our lives.

“Hang on tight, I’m coming,” I shouted, and tried to circle the sinkhole. Only that the hole had practically covered the entire tunnel’s width, and hence made my footing too unstable to pass to the other side. I was readying myself to jump to the other side, my mind not clear enough to even considering that I might not make it at all, when I saw Shelly slowly swinging and floating to this side.

“W-what’s happening?” I heard her saying as her feet reached ground.

I slowly walked towards her, and asked her if she was hurt.

“No… um-”

She was probably going to say more, but I fell to my knees in front of her. I didn’t realize how much pressure I had been placing on my legs until they gave up on me. I closed my eyes, ignored all of Shelly’s questions, and allowed myself to be calm before standing up again.

“I thought another person would get hurt because of my incompetence,” I admitted. “Because I lack damned foresight.”

Shelly looked at me with wide eyes and a wrinkled forehead, which creases were accentuated by Nilla’s scarce lighting.

“This is stupid. I am stupid,” I said more to myself than Shelly, and paced around.

The feelings that I had been bottling up until then exploded. I could no longer remain silent.

“Why do I keep doing this? King is dead. Wolfie is dead. My men are mostly, if not all, dead. Pikachu is dead too. What am I trying to do?”

“Um, Vanilla?” Shelly asked, for she was surely confused as to what I was even going on about.

“I shouldn’t have been the one to survive. Wolfie was wrong. King was wrong! He must have been delirious from disease to think clearly when he named me his successor. I have brought nothing but disgrace,” I said, still pacing. “Disgrace to the Defiance. Disgrace to my parents. Disgrace to myself.”

I stopped walking and glanced at Shelly.

“I have no purpose. I can’t even put a single foot on Everland without having the cops on my throat. The Queen won, I lost. It’s as simple as that,” I shook my head. “All that remains is for me to turn myself into the hands of Jasmin, to be either beheaded or left in prison for the rest of my lifetime.”

Shelly grabbed my left hand with both of her hands and squeezed it tightly.

“Please don’t. Please don’t,” she pleaded.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean for you to hear my foolish monologue,” I said, attempting to withdraw my hand but failing. “Now you know I am a delinquent, though. Aren’t you scared?”

Shelly shook her head brusquely. For some unknown reason, that act helped me relax but at the same time, I felt a hint of shame in having snapped earlier.

“You are an odd child. When we met, you were scared of me. Now you have reason to fear me, and yet you say you do not.”

“I know you aren’t a d-delinquent. You helped me, um, you helped us. Whatever the reason the p-police is after you, it’s not because of that.”

“I am an enemy to the Everland state. Probably the most-wanted criminal there, and my parents, even though they are nobles and ignorant of my activities, are likely in jail because of me. If some survived, members of my team are also behind bars because of me.”

“I don’t care,” she replied loudly enough to categorize it as shouting. “You are a good person.”

I shut my mouth and sighed through my nose. We looked at each other’s eyes in the dim light. Shelly’s eyes were so fierce, it was almost scary she could make a face like that.

xksVlFK.png

In the end, I also lost to her. I turned my back on Shelly, and faced towards the tunnel's exit, through which bright light shone.

“Alright, let’s get going,” I nodded. “Only time will tell whether I am good or evil.”

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Shelly (+1): 8/10 she has proven to have strong will power, and besides, I have to admit, she cheered me up.

Wondering when this Season will end? I'm wondering the same... xD

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Short but yay! Another episode! And Shelly not being afraid of Vanilla anymore. Weird but good character development. Can't wait for more! As always, you're doing great at this!

Thx~ hopefully next episode won't be as difficult to write as this one (these lore ones are original work so it's more laborious than it is when I just follow Ame's story xD)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Corso said:

OHH I DIDN'T HAVE TO OPEN THE LINK TO KNOW WHAT THAT GIF WAS!!!!!!!!!!

And my favorite character returns! I love it!

Of course you'd know~ too bad I couldn't embed it becuz stoopid post didn't wanna do its job lul

Yer waiting is almost over fam, we're near (me thinks?) the end of Season 2 😛 and I've went over the closing episode so many times in my head, I'm 99% sure not to disappoint hehe

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 41tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Shelly and I carried on solving the puzzle to get to Luna.

We didn’t talk anymore about my sudden anger fit, which I appreciated, but we did converse a little about how Shelly had been saved from what seemed like imminent death.

“I thought I’d fall for sure,” she told me, as we walked through the grass to find another hidden keyhole. “But something s-soft tied onto my wrist and pulled me upwards.”

I was too distressed back then to pay attention to a detail like the color of her wrist, so I wasn’t sure what could have caused such sensation. The only explanation sent a faint chill down my spine.

“Maybe a ghost,” I commented, but immediately shook my head. “A ghost saving a living being would be ironic.”

I found the keyhole, and the wall collapsed again. Just as we were about to go through the passageway, though, a familiar face showed up a floor above us.

gf7OejT.png

“Oh, there you went,” Bennett said.

“What are you doing here?” I said without hiding my displeasure.

I knew we were wrong to have left the entrance to Iolia Valley wide open.

“Don’t worry, I’ve come on my own accord, not because Elias asked me to,” he explained. “I want the best for Luna, so I’ve come alone to discuss stuff with her, most of which is none of your business.”

“It would do both of you good if you’d just leave her alone,” I replied. “But I know you are a headstrong and foolish kid. Be rejected and learn to live independent from your unrequited love.”

I stepped into another dark void, and only heard Bennett shouting.

“Don’t interfere in our business, or I won’t forgive you!”

Shelly was bewildered, but soon followed me together with Nilla, who seemed to be pushing her back so she would walk forward faster.

“Is it alright to let him see Luna?” Shelly asked. “Um, I don’t get good vibes from him, after that incident with the, um, religious people.”

“I can’t do much until he is in proximity to me,” I shrugged. “If he tries to pull a trick on Luna, I’ll pull a painful trick on him then.”

“Ah, I didn’t expect that. Um, I was under the impression t-that you didn’t, um, get along with Luna that well.”

“You’re not wrong,” I nodded, though the darkness probably didn’t allow her to see that. “But over anyone and anything, I just don’t condone abusive relationships.”

We exited the dark tunnel, and walked around the hilltop, where we again found a keyhole to open. The wall collapsed, but this time I could see a faint light flickering from within.

“Hopefully this is the last one,” I said and allowed Shelly to enter first. Something gave me the impression that Bennett wouldn’t take long to reach here.

“Welcome, Vanilla,” Luna greeted me. “I see you brought a guest with you. Shelly, was it?”

“Y-yes,” Shelly replied.

“I understand you wanting to use the darkness of these caves for your Dark-type pokemon, but sincerely it’s caused us some trouble to get here,” I said, alluding to our near fall into the abyss.

“Well, all that matters is you are here now,” Luna said. “Pray do not worry if you had to collapse some walls, I will send a team to repair them and they shall be solid by tomorrow.”

“That’s not what I-”

I was saying, when the unwelcomed guest finally appeared.

“Luna?” Bennett shouted, likely because his eyes needed time to get used to the darkness. Upon fixing his eyes on what he was looking for, he passed both Shelly and I, as though we weren’t even there.

“How can this be? Only Vanilla and her friends were supposed to reach me here,” Luna said.

Whether from the flickering white light of the Gym telecom panel, or from real distress, Luna’s face was looking almost as pale as mine.

mvuvCWL.png

“I tagged along,” Bennett replied.

“No you didn’t,” I interrupted. “You followed us though we discouraged you from doing so.”

“Shut it, that’s not important. All that matters is that I’m here now,” Bennett sent a sharp look my way, and looked back to Luna with a sweet face. “I want to apologize, Luna.”

He made two steps forward to approach the girl, but she also took two steps backward.

“You don't have to apologize for anything. I don't hold you accountable for your involvement with Elias,” she said. “Now if you would please leave us be, I have a Gym match to attend to.”

“No Luna, you don't understand. I just want the best for you and-”

“If that's your intention, you should work on defining what the best for her means,” I interjected again. “Now shut up and don't make me lose time.”

“I warned you not to interfere in our business,” Bennett snapped at me.

How he could change his tone of voice so quickly was something to marvel at.

“And you mean to scare me with an empty threat?” I shook my head. “Besides, I'm just taking care of my own business here. You are in my way.”

Luna and Shelly looked at me, Bennett and back at me.

“Please don't start a f-fist fight here,” Shelly pleaded me. “Um, the boy is about to leave, r-right Luna?”

“Yes. Bennett, it's quite alright and there's nothing more to be said. Please do take a leave?”

Bennett broke eye contact with me and immediately turned to Luna. He took another step forward and likewise Luna backed one step.

“No, I-” he started saying but then he shook his head. “Luna, I love you.”

To be honest I would have preferred not to be present for this confession, but alas, I was.

“I beg your pardon?” Luna asked, and she took two steps backward though Bennett didn't move.

The boy then went at length and unnecessary detail about his great love that started when she came to live at Serra’s place. He carried on talking even with several signs of discomfort on the recipient’s part (for I caught Luna eyeing Shelly and me a couple of times). All in all, it would really have been a platonic love story, one not unlike the ones I dreamed with during my innocent childhood, had it not been for the obvious dislike Luna expressed for Bennett.

The desperate boy ended with a proposition, which wording hit a nerve with me.

“Luna, would you be mine?”

It was a proposition which was met with obvious, but not clear enough, rejection. For, instead of cutting him off, Luna merely said that she would retreat to a room further down, and that she wished Shelly and I to come in using the crystal key once we were unaccompanied.

She pretty much left us to deal with her annoying fanboy.

After a few moments of silence following Luna’s withdrawal, Bennett started mumbling to himself, though the cave’s echo allowed us unfortunate bystanders to hear everything clearly.

“Maybe she's just shy,” I heard him say. “Maybe she feels the same way as me, but is too embarrassed to admit it…”

While he spoke, I noticed he was walking this way, and I skeptically hoped he was leaving the cave at last. Of course, that was too optimistic.

“... or maybe I'm just pathetic,” he concluded his mumbling, and looked me in the eye. “That's what you're thinking, right?”

“Indeed. At least you got something right,” I shrugged. “Now leave so I can have my Gym match in peace.”

“No, I won't. Luna is just confused, and only by us talking can we clear up all the misunderstandings,” he replied. “Give me the crystal key, Vanilla. I'll be the one to go in there.”

I placed my palm over my eyes and forehead. This boy had zero clue about Luna. I felt I was echoing Wolfie's feelings of irritation from when she saw me going out with Aladdin.

“The only misunderstanding to be cleared is your foolish fantasy that she might ever correspond you,” I sighed.

Saying that out loud hurt, because part of me felt the words were directed to myself.

“You also don't understand. I doubt you have any experience in love,” he looked at me head to toes. “I'm ashamed I even once thought you pretty. My love for Luna must have clouded my eyes.”

“Are you done insulting me to feed your ego?”

“Whatever. I won't waste another second talking with you. Just give me the key,” he said, and tried to reach for my hand which held the key. Instead, his arm was met with a slap.

“Try taking it, if you dare,” I replied.

54uExLh.png

Spoiler

I sent out Anna first, and somehow her ability to bring light in, in the shape of Drought, dispersed the darkness around us. I finally could see my friends and foes, though it did take me a little time to adjust to the new brightness again. Bennett’s pokemon were visibly trained up, but he still had the disadvantage of insisting to work with Bug types, to which I had two strong counters: Anna for fire power, and Wolfie for rock power. He only got lucky in that Wolfie’s stealth rocks gained random typing, and most of the time weren't as helpful as they had been in our first battle. Even then, Anna, Wolfie, and, to a lesser extent, Golden Key were able to take out our foes with little difficulty.

“... Stupid,” was what Bennett said as he returned his dustox to the pokeball.

“Don't blame your Pokemon for your incompetence,” I said.

Bennett scowled at me, and then let a long sigh.

“Stupid to think she’d love me. Stupid to tell her. Stupid to think I could beat you,” his voice cracked, and for a brief suspenseful second I thought he might cry.

Thankfully, he didn't.

“Stupid, really stupid,” he sighed again. “But that can change. Elias promised he would take me to the top, and I'll hold him to that. When that happens, she'll regret refusing me now.”

“She won't regret anything, unless you transform into an entirely new person,” I laughed through my nose.

Bennett walked past me to the exit, and only stopped next to me to leave two words with me.

“Watch me.”

When the boy was out, Shelly approached me.

“I'm sorry… I couldn't say anything,” she apologized.

“There wasn't much for you to say anyway,” I shrugged, puzzled by what she said. “All was left to Luna. Only she could snap Bennett out of his fantasy.”

“No, um, he insulted you, and I didn't say anything in your, um, defense,” she knit her eyebrows. “I'm sorry.”

I let out a short laugh.

“That's the least you should be concerned with,” I said. “I care nothing for others’ opinion on my superficial features. Being pretty or not is irrelevant, for all that matters is strength.”

“But-”

“Let's just go get what we came here for,” I cut her. “I'll have to fight Luna with the team I carry now, since I don't see a PC. Let's see what Ame has to say about this Gym.”

Shelly wasn't convinced, but she agreed with me.

I tapped the flickering display, and it connected me to the Grand Hall. 

Ame commented about how hard it had been to make the telecom work from Iolia Valley, and told me, as I suspected, that the darkness of the caves would power up Luna’s pokemon attacks. All the while she made remarks to advise me, I skimmed through the Field Effect Read-Out which I had downloaded.

“There is a way to counter her field-boosts, though,” Ame noted in the end. “All you need is a source of unlimited light. That should be enough of a clue, right?”

And indeed, it was. Rather, it would have been a clue, had I not accidentally already used that tactic with Bennett. My Anna had ability Drought, which immediately lit up the cave, exposing the glistening gems and killing the darkness that veiled us.

So now I had somewhat an advantage, even if I couldn’t change my team to counter Luna’s pokemon types or fighting style.

“I am ready to win,” I told Ame, who replied with a generic “Good luck”.

I gestured for Shelly and Nilla to stay close to me, as I used the crystal key on a large fake gem, which instantly morphed the geography of the cave. I wondered if there were mages hidden among the Reborn people, who had the power to make such bizarre things occur, but I didn’t waste time inquiring Luna about those minor details.

“Ah, he’s gone, right?” Luna asked as we pretty much warped to where she was.

“Fortunately,” I replied.

I chose not to go into detail on what he said after she left, because I gave it little importance, and frankly, Luna also seemed not interested at all.

“Good,” she closed the topic. “Let’s try this once again. Welcome, Vanilla and Shelly. Hopefully you are not uncomfortable standing like this in the darkness. Children, and even some adults, are scared of the darkness. Why is that, I wonder?”

“Because darkness is a haven for ghosts, and many bandits choose to act during the night,” I replied, though I later thought that it might have been a rhetorical question.

Luna hesitated for a moment, before coughing once and continuing with her speech.

“Maybe that’s right,” she said. “But there are equally awful and sinister things in the light too.”

Indeed, from my perspective, I started to value the darkness once I got involved with the Defiance. Now, I only see it as a protective environment.

“Perhaps what people fear is really not the darkness, but their own imaginations.”

“Can we start our battle?” I asked, losing interest in the lengthy pre-battle speech.

Luna fell silent, and I couldn’t tell what that meant because Nilla’s light was far too dull to light up my battling opponent’s face. Only when she sent out her Bisharp, did I understand that it was time to battle.

lSGk070.png

Spoiler

I chose not to brighten up the field as I had done against Bennett. That's because when I had taken a brief look at the Read-Out earlier, I realized that both of us could play the same game in the dark (not to mimic what Cain would say). Elsa learned Dazzling Gleam by level up, and given that it was a light-based attack, the power of it was boosted. Every time I asked Elsa to use the move, though, I had the sensation of going blind. The battle went quite smoothly for me, with Queen of Hearts pulling half the weight with her majestic kicks. Even my opponent, Luna, complimented her style. I did note, however, that she seemed well-versed with names of some early inhabitants of Wonderland, which I only knew from history books. Probably that's why my Queen of Hearts had caught her curiosity. In fact, her last Pokemon, a very defensive umbreon, was nicknamed Cheshire, which was also one of my old school’s classmates, and the name after which my sentret was nicknamed.

Cheshire, the younger sister to popular girl Queen of Hearts, was actually a pretty simple cat, considering they were both from a family of interesting individuals who had moved to Everland from Wonderland when I was but 10 years old. I befriended her by lending her pencils whenever she needed them, and never complaining about her making them disappear into thin air. Our friendship, if it could be called that, was enough that she refrained from pulling pranks on me. Why Candy chose to give me a Pokémon named Queen of Hearts was a mystery, since I had almost no contact with Cheshire’s sister, but I did understand why she had given me a sentret with Cheshire’s name. The pattern on the Pokémon’s tail was a replica of Cheshire’s.

In any case, I struggled to deal the final blow on Luna’s Cheshire, because the Pokémon was highly defensive and it was holding an item that recovered its health every minute. In the end, though, it wasn't strong enough to withstand a boosted Dazzling Gleam from Elsa, and my victory was decided.

“You fought exceptionally well,” Luna remarked. “I expected no less.”

“Congratulations, Vanilla,” Shelly added with much enthusiasm. “You really are, um, a talented trainer.”

“Fighting comes naturally to me, though I must admit that both my Pokémon and I rely too much on strategies based on speed. Your umbreon’s high defenses gave us trouble.”

“It will do you good to experiment with defensive strategies, then,” Luna advised. “It's not always that you or your Pokémon will be the fastest attackers in a match.”

Then, she handed me her Eclipse badge, and gave me the TM for Dark Pulse as a souvenir. Given that I'd already fought the Ghost and Psychic Gym leaders, though, I wondered whether I'd ever make use of such TM.

“I will remain here for a while, for, much like the monsters children fear, I feel safest in the dark,” Luna said. “Farewell, and good luck with the rest of your Gym challenge.”

I briefly thanked Luna, and my party and I swiftly left her cave. That is, while she talked to me, I thought as if I'd seen a couple of bright eyes looking at me from a corner of the cave, and I surely didn't want to find out what that was about.

gA2wuO6.png

“I g-guess you will be traveling to Agate now,” Shelly commented as we made our way back to Vanhanen Labyrinth. “I hear there's a Gym leader in the city, and, um, three Gym leaders in Agate Circus.”

“A circus? Why does that give me a bad premonition,” I sighed.

I could tell my involvement with colorful characters wasn't quite over with Radomus and Luna.

There was one last thing to do before going to Agate which I hadn't foreseen, however.

I would only find out a little later, but it started with one Pokémon waiting next to the fake tree in Vanhanen Labyrinth.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Bennett (±1): 2/10 his obsessive behavior is disgusting, but his words before leaving give me vibes of determination
  • Luna (-1): 3/10 if you don't like something, say it clearly!

Guess what, y'all? Next episode will be Season 2 Finale~ Look forward to it... or not 😛

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

You added points to Bennett?! HOW DARE YOU! Haha. Jk. LOVED this episode. The interaction between Bennett and Vanilla was quite tense. Can't wait for the next 1.

I substracted and added points lul can't have Bennett-kun getting points xD 

I think Bennett just doesn't know how to deal with peepos much (him being a nerdy loner and all), and Luna being vague about her discomfort makes the situation worse (reminds me of this old stuff about a guy with a crush on "Denko" who was high key a stalker). From Vanilla's experience, she's tilting towards being a misandrist, so of course she doesn't like Bennett and his annoying behavior, but at the same time her past situation with Aladdin was a bit similar to Bennett's, which makes her a little confused (and me too lul).

Anyway thx for reading~ I look forward to writing a noice Season Finale 😛

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Candy said:

I substracted and added points lul can't have Bennett-kun getting points xD 

I think Bennett just doesn't know how to deal with peepos much (him being a nerdy loner and all), and Luna being vague about her discomfort makes the situation worse (reminds me of this old stuff about a guy with a crush on "Denko" who was high key a stalker). From Vanilla's experience, she's tilting towards being a misandrist, so of course she doesn't like Bennett and his annoying behavior, but at the same time her past situation with Aladdin was a bit similar to Bennett's, which makes her a little confused (and me too lul).

Anyway thx for reading~ I look forward to writing a noice Season Finale 😛

So long is there gonna be a long hiatus after this next episode?

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

So long is there gonna be a long hiatus after this next episode?

Not too long, probably, but it'll take long enough for me to plan out the Agate-arc (for some reason, I already have some stuff planned for Ametrine but not much for Agate lul).

12 minutes ago, Candy said:

Not too long, probably, but it'll take long enough for me to plan out the Agate-arc (for some reason, I already have some stuff planned for Ametrine but not much for Agate lul).

You know... You're actually not in Agate for that long. Hell. You're at Titania and Amaria's house longer than there. At least that's how I see it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

You know... You're actually not in Agate for that long. Hell. You're at Titania and Amaria's house longer than there. At least that's how I see it.

Tru that, I just have this impression of the MC being in Agate for long because on my first ever playthru, I stopped playing in Agate Circus because 1. the Route 2 puzzle was hecc'n time-consuming and too hard for my simple brain (now I don't feel that way), and 2. I was a breeder back then and needed to be around a PC most of the time, which if I left Agate Circus wouldn't be until much later when I'd solved the Route 2 puzzle xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archeric said:

ugh damn shelly just let vanilla beat up bug boi

also when will vanilla catch that mimicute? 👀 

Shelly x Bennett when

Jk Ame pls no

Maybe in the Season Finale, who knows? :venus_shrug:

10 minutes ago, Candy said:

Shelly x Bennett when

Jk Ame pls no

Maybe in the Season Finale, who knows? :venus_shrug:

No no no. That can never happen. Shelly has more common sense than that. Such a sweet girl deserves better than that. If they ever get together, then the fabric of space and time will tear apart and the universe will become immersed in a state of chaos and dystopia. It's safer to just pair Ame with Budew.

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

No no no. That can never happen. Shelly has more common sense than that. Such a sweet girl deserves better than that. If they ever get together, then the fabric of space and time will tear apart and the universe will become immersed in a state of chaos and dystopia. It's safer to just pair Ame with Budew.

Don't let Ame hear you xD

Better pair Shelly with Vanilla 😏🌹 Ah if only she weren't twelve... unfortunate 

Ok

Sped read this and dear Arceus this is good.

Favorite part is Vanilla's rating of the characters, interesting to see what she thinks of them.

Also your/Candy's commentary  

It's cool to see things like this with custom sprites and mostly original stories

Gives me some ideas for my own when that comes around.

23 updates late, but PIKACHU NOOOOOOOOOO!

8 minutes ago, uberle said:

Ok

Sped read this and dear Arceus this is good.

Favorite part is Vanilla's rating of the characters, interesting to see what she thinks of them.

Also your/Candy's commentary  

It's cool to see things like this with custom sprites and mostly original stories

Gives me some ideas for my own when that comes around.

23 updates late, but PIKACHU NOOOOOOOOOO!

Omg haha that must've been some serious amount of reading pal 😂 I'm glad I did the "quick link to next episode" stuff, hopefully that was useful~

and thx for reading 😄 Tried to make Reborn fresh with original stuff but hope it wasn't a plain butchery of the original (sorry Ame) lul

and Pikachu rip 😢

34 minutes ago, Candy said:

Omg haha that must've been some serious amount of reading pal 😂 I'm glad I did the "quick link to next episode" stuff, hopefully that was useful~

and thx for reading 😄 Tried to make Reborn fresh with original stuff but hope it wasn't a plain butchery of the original (sorry Ame) lul

and Pikachu rip 😢

I'm a very fast reader.

This took me a little over an hour to get through and it was a good use of an hour.

Being honest I've wanted to read this for a while, but never actually sat down to do so.

Now I have.

And now I wait for an update.

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn Season 2 Finale Trailertumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

What? You thought this would be a new episode?

Spoiler

ClumsyPhonyCorydorascatfish-max-1mb.gif

Haha~ Sorry to disappoint you folks :3 But it'll be coming in soon enuf!

Meanwhile, enjoy this trailer I made because wynaut fam? I can't watch it without laughing at how extra I was in making this xD

Spoiler

"And now you'll see her..." WHAT? You'll find out in the next episode~ cheers 😄 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1