From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW I'M SHOCKED! I think he desereves a relationship point now

6 hours ago, Corso said:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW I'M SHOCKED! I think he desereves a relationship point now

Vanilla would disagree cause he might have planned it on purpose (as she said, she might just not have the whole story, and maybe she'll never because boi fell off a cliff)

Also TBH your reaction is everything hehe and I'm glad the episode title wasn't a misnomer thanks to you 😉

12 minutes ago, SilverAngelus said:

Candy's lowkey sly.

Also, I don't know why but for some reason I thought you'd turn Titania's character just a little more tsundere. 

Reborn already maxed out Tania's tsundere level 😂 There's so much I can do

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 62tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

MFkvE49.png

When we rejoined Titania, she was stuck in a place where water should have been surrounding her. Soon we found out she was not alone, and the one to recognize him first had to be Candy.

“Oh, hi there Taka,” she greeted him. “How are you doing?”

“Average, as always.”

The mutual facial recognition very evidently rubbed Titania the wrong way, but since Lily had also entered the area with us, she was also slightly affected by the smell and didn’t latch onto her throat, at least for now. Candy did notice Titania’s hostility towards her, and in an attempt to clear any misunderstanding, carried on making conversation with the enemy.

“The pokemon you brought to my daycare and shop recently have been recovering well, though that zorua gave me a bit more trouble than the rest,” she said, smiling awkwardly. “For whatever reason, he tries to climb up the fence and leave, so we had to make him a space upstairs.”

“Perhaps he just has somewhere important to go. I found him dehydrated in Tourmaline Desert, so maybe he was traveling north.”

The conversation picked Pikachu’s interest, likely because of the mention of a zorua, though I couldn’t be sure that this zorua was Pikachu’s friend who disappeared without trace. In any case, the chit-chat didn’t last long because of Titania.

“Excuse my intruding in such lively conversation, but are you the commander that the grunts told us about?” Titania asked, directing her rage at the correct target, Taka.

“I don’t know if I’m much of a commander per se, but that’s sort of what I am doing down here, so I guess.”

“Uh huh. And what do you want?”

“Want? I’m just following orders,” Taka shrugged.

“That’s what the other guy said. Didn’t work out so hot for him,” Titania said, sounding ironic. “What do you accomplish by letting us in here in the first place? You could’ve kept us locked in the landing and made off with Amaria and the bracelets. There’s a reason you haven’t done it. Tell me it.”

“I don’t think I’m obligated to answer the questions of the people who are supposed to be my enemies, even more when they can’t even reach me. So long,” Taka waved at her and disappeared through some doors.

Titania complained about Taka not answering her question and leaving for as long as it took Candy and me- though mostly Candy because I was half-drugged with aromatherapy- to figure out a way to get Titania to the other side. When we did, we followed through the door that Taka had gone through, and this time found him gazing at us from a floor above.

“Took you long enough,” he said. “I just passed by because I forgot to say, if you want your friend, come to the Control Room to get her. Not that I think you could come, anyhow.”

Titania was silent this time, and even when Taka left us, she looked like she was quite deep in thought. Yet, she did not rest one bit and continued with us to search for the said Control Room.

Taka continued to prank us a couple of times more, always with witty dialogue that should have bought Titania’s rage, but ever since he told us about the Control Room, she had been quiet and didn’t partake in any of his attempts for banter. At last, when she spoke again, she complained to him not about his pranks, but about his behavior and what it apparently suggested about his agenda.

“You aren’t even trying to hide it anymore. You’re guiding us to the Control Room. Without you, we wouldn’t have found the keys that allowed us to pass through some of the doors down here. We wouldn’t even know which way the Control Room is, given that we don’t know the layout of this place. I don’t know what kind of passive-aggressive game you’re trying to play, but I’m tired of it.”

“I don’t know what you mean? I’m definitely trying to make you all lose time.”

“Drop the act, and answer me. Are you on Team Meteor’s side, or not?”

Taka seemed put off by the question. He scratched his chin as he carefully chose the words to express himself.

“Obviously I am, but… Look, it’s not that simple,” he sighed. “There’s a lot at stake and most of it is not under my control.”

“Choosing which of two sides to give your 100% to is quite simple. Don’t make excuses. That only shows how soft you are to yourself.”

“Titania, don’t be so judgmental,” Candy interrupted. “It does neither of you good. Taka must be acting this way because the decision is more difficult than you imagine.”

“Thank you, Candy, but actually Titania is right. I am weak. I can’t even decide what to do with my life. I don’t really agree with much of what Team Meteor does; however… my father is the leader of Team Meteor. I don’t have a choice. I can’t leave the team.”

“You always have a choice. You’re just afraid to make it.”

Ucg7E2M.png

“That’s ironic coming from you,” I rolled my eyes.

“Shut… Well, yeah. That’s true. But it’s because of that that I know correct choices have to be made before it’s too late.”

“Taka, your father and you aren’t the same person,” Candy said. “You are two individuals, and as any two individuals, you can have different goals and opinions. If following your father isn’t what you want to do, you should think more about what you would like to do instead.”

“Candy, that’s too rational for a guy like this. It’s almost like you don’t realize what he is trying to do,” I said. “He’s helping us- he’s been helping me at least, since the very first time we met in Malchous Forest- so that we may defeat Team Meteor and set him free. He wants us to make the decision for him.”

“What a great analysis,” Taka laughed, but I could tell that he was wavering.

“Don’t be a coward. Make your own decisions. It’s your life to live,” Titania said.

Taka stopped laughing and his face turned stern.

“Look, I’ve already made my decision. It’s you all who seem unable to digest it. Running from my fate would be the real cowardice,” he said and sighed. “I’m going on ahead, so if you want your friend back, you should follow.”

Taka ran away, leaving me with Candy and an explosive Titania. The latter went on full rage mode, making dents on WTC equipment with her aegislash.

“Calm down, Titania. You will hurt your aegislash,” Candy said, but she dared not get close to the girl that was swinging a sword in all directions.

It was predictable that my cousin would show concern for the pokemon before she did for the owner’s stress levels, but perhaps that was the most effective way to make the redhead calm down. Titania sheathed her aegislash back to its pokeball, and reclined on the equipment instead.

“I’m just tired. So tired, of living a lie,” she sighed. “And it frustrates me when I see someone act so…”

Titania didn’t finish the sentence, and just looked away from us. Naturally, I took the cue and finished it for her.

“So what? So devoid of self-respect? So willing to respond to expectations, at the cost of destroying oneself?”

“Vanilla…” I heard Candy say, but I didn’t find a reason to stop.

“I suggest you find who you are and what you want, before you get angry at others for doing exactly what you are doing,” I said. “Now, let’s go. Let’s wrap the business up before other Team Meteor scum joins in. Taka is one thing, but Solaris, Sirius or that arrogant woman, Lin, might pull a wildcard if they come here.”

We passed a few more rooms. I could tell that, despite the constant assurance that she was doing fine, Titania was struggling to keep up. The ice cream helped her regain some energy in the shape of a sugar rush, but it didn’t fill the nutritional gap that a long fast had created in her body. So when we reached one door that was locked shut, I suggested to her that she rest there while Candy and I looked for the key. Titania did not say as much as thanks and sat down on the floor.

The WTC was truly gigantic, yet Team Meteor had done a thorough job of getting rid of the many workers that must at some point have worked in this center. In their stead, there were a mix of grunts and orderlies guarding the key we needed to leave this place. Candy helped me beat them, since she was with me, and for the first time I got a glimpse of her battling in the traditional sense. Unfortunately, I only got to see Azalea in battle, because when she mega-evolved into mega lopunny, she practically swept their whole teams by herself. It reminded me of Charlotte and her ninetales, but whether it was because she was my dear cousin or because she had once been the Hoenn champion, I felt no shame in being so evidently below in skill level.

“You are practically a professional trainer, Vanilla. So much sync between you and your team! I’m proud of how you’ve reached this level since literally zero in so little time.”

Those were unequivocal words of praise towards me, but I couldn’t open my stubborn mouth to convey my admiration.

The area that had the key was particularly foul-smelling, that I almost fainted the moment I opened the door. There was little ventilation, with every window I could see shut closed.

“Candy, send out all your floral pokemon and make this place’s smell a bit more bearable,” I begged, for, although I could see the key sitting on a table not too far away, I didn’t feel capable of spending more than 5 seconds in the concentrated stench of the room.

“It’ll be futile if the thing that’s responsible for the smell keeps producing it. Look,” she said, pointing at some machinery sitting on a lower level, accessible through metallic stairs.

I went down the stairs practically jumping them over, because I was holding my breath a bit to avoid intoxicating myself. The machine was a PULSE, with a large purple goblin attached onto it.

“All right. Let me stop this stupid machine. Meanwhile, get your pokemon to start producing perfume, and if you can, try opening some of the windows.”

Spoiler

The smell didn’t go away completely, but it became a little more bearable once the PULSE was defeated. Moreover, it turned out that this was the thing that was clogging up the water treatment system, which prevented the water from being filtered properly. As such, when we turned the water to fill the pools anew, the water was now pristine.

“This is great! I’ve accomplished my aim in coming all the way to the WTC, and it’s all thanks to you, Vanilla,” Candy smiled.

“It was nothing.”

I grabbed the key, which I had a hunch Taka had placed precisely in that room so that we would find the PULSE and destroy it. I was relieved that Titania wasn’t with us, or she might have had another fit thinking about that.

Once we returned to the locked door, we found Titania almost falling asleep against some large machine. I unlocked the door successfully, and then patted the redhead’s shoulder to wake her up. She woke up in an instant, with eyes widened in alert; however, once she confirmed the patting was just me, she stood up from the floor and stretched her upper body.

“Ready to head in?” I asked her.

“When am I not ready?” was her response.

When we opened the door, we found Amaria lying on top of a table, surprisingly still unconscious. Taka was also inside the same room, reading a book, but when we entered, he looked at us and smiled.

“I see that you made it,” he said.

Titania sent out her sword pokemon again, and pointed it right in front of his face.

“Please don’t kill-” Candy started, but was quickly interrupted by a brusque “I know” from Titania.

“He’s made it painfully clear that he’s betraying Team Meteor without actually leaving the stupid organization,” she said. “But that doesn’t mean he’s on our side either. Until he is, I’ll take my precautions.”

“Leave the guy with his dad issues and let’s leave,” I suggested. “You came for Amaria, and she’s lying on top of that table. You didn’t come here to lecture a young member of the enemy’s team on how to live his life.”

I went over to the table, and slid my hands under her back and legs to pick her up. Then I brought her closer to Titania.

“I see that you’ve taken something from her,” she said as she grabbed her right wrist.

r21WGok.png

“Oh, you mean this?” Taka asked, dangling a dark blue bracelet from his hand. “I’ll give it back to you. Catch.”

He threw the bracelet and Titania snached it from the air. It appeared to be the sapphire bracelet I had heard of before.

“There’s a small issue with that, though. I radioed my dad and he’s coming this way to collect the bracelet, so you might have to deal with that soon.”

“I’m willing to accept that responsibility.”

Titania took Amaria off from my arms and carried her herself.

“So you’re just going to let us leave this place with Amaria and the sapphire bracelets? Without doing anything?” Titania said with a heavy dose of irony in her voice.

“Go ahead,” Taka replied, moving to the side so we could access the exit.

“Pathetic.”

Titania passed him, and like he assured, he allowed her to reach the exit without complaints or sudden plot twists. However, when it was my turn to pass, Taka blocked my way.

“I do have a favor to ask from you, Vanilla,” he said. “I need you to defeat me in battle. Gotta at least look like I tried.”

“If you’ll give it your all and not half-ass the battle for the sake of losing, then of course I’m game,” I replied.

I was just reaching my pokeball pocket when Titania objected to the battle.

“If she beats you, that’ll be like patting yourself in the back that you’re alright to keep being in the limbo between the two sides, when in fact, no. That’s not alright.”

“Please, I’ve done you every possible possible courtesy down here. Help me out on this one thing,” Taka pleaded with an air of defeat.

“I see that you are eager to battle, Vanilla, but if you do, I will not give you a Gym match. Forget about the Reborn League if you assist a Team Meteor Admin. There are no room for traitors in the league, since there’s already enough of those,” Titania said sternly. “And your friend there. If she battles him, I will deem her as part of Team Meteor, despite whatever you or she says. She has already done a lot of suspicious stuff in the span of a couple of hours, and this would top the cake.”

With that said, Titania exited the room.

“You heard her,” I said, placing my pokeball back. “She can go f*ck herself for all I care, but I can’t let go of the opportunity to train my pokemon against the finest trainers in this region.”

I started walking, when Taka grabbed my arm firmly enough that I couldn’t swing it to break free.

“Please, Vanilla. I’m begging you,” he said with knitted eyebrows.

YMSknya.png

“It’s you or my people in Everland. Don’t take it personally, though I do hate people who half-ass things.”

I then pushed him away and headed for the exit.

“Vanilla, I’ll stay with Taka for a little bit,” I heard Candy say behind me.

“You what? Come on, Candy. You already heard Titania, and I don’t want my cousin to be referred to as a possible terrorist, even as a joke.”

“I know. I promise I won’t battle him. I will only talk to him, I swear.”

I sighed and relaxed my shoulders. I knew that face, and I knew Candy was as unyielding as a rock when she set her mind on something.

“Fine. I trust you.”

“I will meet you in Agate Circus later, okay?”

I nodded and with one last look at Candy and then at Taka, Pikachu and I exited the Control Room.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Titania (-1): 1/10 Her threatening me and telling me what to do doesn't sit well with me.
  • Taka (-1): 1/10 Weak of resolve and doesn't give his all to anything. Those are not traits that I can endorse.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5

Yay! This is up! That was probably the quickest I've ever seen someone take down the PULSE Swalot. I like how you basically went with both options in some way too with whether or not to battle Taka or not. It was great! Keep up the good work as always! 😄

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Yay! This is up! That was probably the quickest I've ever seen someone take down the PULSE Swalot. I like how you basically went with both options in some way too with whether or not to battle Taka or not. It was great! Keep up the good work as always! 😄

hehe took me a few tries to find out the best way, because even though I had a ground type, the water surface didn't allow me to use ground moves. but when I realized the dirty water would freeze with blizzard, I said hecc yeah! and the rest is history hehe

I wasn't sure what to do with the Taka fight. I do wanna try the Reshiram path, but as Corso had once said, Vanilla's def the type to not back away from a battle. so I gave Titania the deciding power. Vanini was def not happy.

Next episode will be another detour from the real Reborn storyline. This one I've been cooking for half a year or so, so I hope I'll be able to do it justice hehe 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Two questions:
1) Does Vanilla know Pikachu's story? I'm referring to "I couldn’t be sure that this zorua was Pikachu’s friend who disappeared without trace".

2) Will you follow the bad path then?

13 minutes ago, Corso said:

1) Does Vanilla know Pikachu's story? I'm referring to "I couldn’t be sure that this zorua was Pikachu’s friend who disappeared without trace".

She doesn't, but the zorua was the one to guide her to where Pikachu was hiding, so she knows the zorua was friends with him.

14 minutes ago, Corso said:

2) Will you follow the bad path then?

Lol two reasons: 1. I've never played Reshiram path before, so it's a chance for me personally to play through it, and 2. I hear this is the "truth" path while Zekrom is the "ideal" path, and I'm more interested in Vanilla being grounded to the truth. So yeeeet

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just started reading this just over a week ago, and OMG this has put me on a whole emotional rollercoaster ride. From when Pikachu died, to his rebirth, to the small details that deviated from the main storyline... I have no words. Please keep doing this, and I will be reading this to the bitter end (Or until I die. Whichever comes first, I guess...)

Vanilla definitely seems to be the type of person that I would rather steer clear of when first meeting her, though... Her outer shell is WAY too intimidating; it lowered my already abysmal Attack stat.

4 hours ago, Auburn_Ember said:

Just started reading this just over a week ago, and OMG this has put me on a whole emotional rollercoaster ride. From when Pikachu died, to his rebirth, to the small details that deviated from the main storyline... I have no words. Please keep doing this, and I will be reading this to the bitter end (Or until I die. Whichever comes first, I guess...)

Vanilla definitely seems to be the type of person that I would rather steer clear of when first meeting her, though... Her outer shell is WAY too intimidating; it lowered my already abysmal Attack stat.

yay I'm glad you liked the story so far 😛 who would've thought one could write a fanfiction with an edgelord main character in an already edge-supreme world and story haha tbh the only thing standing between finishing this story and me is motivation, and as long as there are peepos reading this and showing interest, I keep my motivations high (cause I like to surprise people, and this story is full of surprises as you prolly saw).

funny thing is that Vanilla is smol and sickly-looking due to her albinism, so you wouldn't expect her to be the type to fite you xD

18 hours ago, Candy said:

funny thing is that Vanilla is smol and sickly-looking due to her albinism, so you wouldn't expect her to be the type to fite you xD

It still wouldn't give me much motivation to go up and say hi to her, so chances are that we wouldn't even meet unless she had business with me tbh.

• Haha 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 63tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Ok I lied again, this episode also goes pretty close to Reborn's story line. It's the next episode that will deviate a tad bit more than usual uwu

I was returning the way I’d come in to leave the WTC, when just as I was going to cross the exit, a dark entity pushed me away. The sudden appearance of Shade, the ghost gym leader, made Pikachu squeal in fear. It seemed that becoming a ghost type himself didn’t change his scaredy-cat nature.

“Forget not: Four screens foretold four souls’ fortune forsaken,” he said. “For, forsooth, from foreshadowed, only two will be taken.”

64kv1BV.png

He said this much and disappeared without a trace. That was the most I had heard him talk, was my first thought. My second thought was, what the hell was that?

I knew he was talking about the edited videos he had shown in his Gym. There was no other thing that he could be referring to, that I could think of. To be sincere, I had actually forgotten about those videos because I took them for granted: at most, I thought they were spooky videos just to fit the spooky atmosphere of his Gym. However, now that they were brought back to my attention, I tried hard to remember what each of them had shown.

Corey’s death wasn’t a prophecy, for he had already leaped to his end long before I even saw that video. Then, there was an old woman… it took me a moment to remember what she looked like, but the garchomp on the video was so striking that I realized the video had foretold the death of Kiki. It hurt a little, to think that had I perhaps paid closer attention to these recordings and interpreted them as prophecies, I could have warned Kiki or Victoria of it and saved both a tragic separation. Alas, it was useless to cry over spilt milk.

Those must have been the two souls that were taken, according to Shade. The other two videos I barely remembered, but if they weren’t going to foreshadow anything, then I figured they were not important.

I headed out of the WTC, where I found Titania waiting right in front of the cascade. She was still holding Amaria’s limp body in her arms, sitting on the shell of Amaria’s lapras, which I recognized from that time we snuck into an abandoned factory together. I noticed that she was watching Amaria’s sleeping face closely when I approached her.

“It appears that Team Meteor had her stay asleep for this long. I found scars from maybe an intravenous drip or injections. There are no other signs of mistreatment, however.”

“She will probably wake up soon, now that the drugs were suspended.”

Titania looked at me and nodded. Was it my imagination? In the midst of all the exhaustion that was obvious from miles away, her expression seemed to have a tint of fear. However, the suspicion was quickly wiped away, when she shifted her gaze from me to the waterfall in front of her.

“Deliverance will take us up, so you don’t have to send out a water pokemon for us. Yeah, I didn’t need you after all,” she said. “And I’m not even sorry.”

She left me standing and Deliverance climbed up slowly but steadily, against the strong downward current.

Once they were out of my sight, I patted Pikachu’s head.

“I finished my business with Titania. Whatever she says, she cannot complain,” I said. “And now, I think I have a new business to attend to.”

Pikachu tilted his disguise’s head, which I interpreted as a sign of puzzlement.

“I have to… go to Calcenon. I told Shelly I would go once I finished this business. Yes, that’s it. That’s all there is to it.”

I sent Prince out of his pokeball and carefully held on to his back as we also went up the cascade. Once we were at last at the top, I hesitated in front of the entrance to Ametrine Mountain.

vPcd6pf.png

Ametrine City… no, Calcenon was there, through the mountain, to the east. When I thought that, I sighed because of my own stupidity.

“No. I shouldn’t lie to myself. There’s no one around that warrants lying,” I shook my head.

Pikachu said not a squeak, and so I confessed what embarrassing thoughts I had bottled up in my chest.

“The truth is, what Candy said about Aladdin has left me with discomfort. Similar to the feeling when you wear a button-up shirt that is too tight around the neck,” I said, but then chuckled. “I guess you wouldn’t have experience with any shirts.”

Yes, and now I was facing the mountain through which I could return to Ametrine City, the place where he had spent his last moments of life, and the only place where I knew I could access his lifeless body from. And yet, I could not deny my apprehension. As long as I did not find him, I could pretend he was still alive somewhere, still looking to hunt me down. The fact I felt such illogical fear made my blood boil, for it was, as difficult as it was for me to accept it, a proof that I still had some attachment to him. Candy’s words in the treatment center had only made that sense of attachment worse.

“But really, whatever the truth is concerning Aladdin and my escape from Everland… it’s no longer something I could figure out, and moreover it’s not something that should change my opinion of him either. He betrayed me in the worst possible manner, and nothing would redeem him.”

Pikachu looked at me and his squeak suggested a question. I then realized that I had been reflecting inside my head all along, so he most surely could not follow my thought process and why I was suddenly so angry. I apologized and patted his disguise’s head again.

Right then, I saw a shadow pass next to me on my left and make a U-turn towards my right side. The shadow’s movement was followed by a loud greeting.

“Vanini! Hello!”

The voice was Julia’s. She was still airborne when she shouted, but damn her voice was recognizable even though I hadn’t seen her for so long. Her ride pokemon, a large dinosaur with leaf-shaped wings, made a nice landing and as soon as she was earthbound, she ran over to where I was reaching the riverside. She jumped and hugged me tightly, almost pushing me to the ground. I was amazed that my back didn’t snap in two in the process.

tVIkdI2.png

“How have you been? It’s been so so so soooo long since we saw each other!”

I pushed her away, and agreed that it had been a long while. My eyes focused away from the green-haired cheerleader towards the dinosaur, which was called back to its pokeball by another familiar face. I wasn’t happy to see who it was.

“Florinia,” I said. “Now, what brings you two here?”

Perhaps Florinia sensed the animosity in my tone, but if she did, she showed no signs of it. Before Florinia could explain why they were there, Julia cut her short.

“We saw Amy and Tania riding up the waterfall, and so we were filled with big question marks. But seeing you climbing up too was like a giant exclamation point, so we had to come up!”

“It’s a long story, and I believe I’m not the best person to narrate it,” I shrugged, and started walking with them up the hill.

“It’s okee, we’re literally here so I’ll nullify my question marks with Amy and Tania. Oh oh wait! Rini! I think, didn’t Vanini leave the city before the renovations?”

“Indeed.”

“Oooh yes! Let me tell you all about it! You’ll be sooo surprised when you come back! I’d love to see your face when you see what we’ve done with the place. It’s done a head to toe makeover, except it’s a city, not a person!”

“Hold it. Candy already told me about that,” I quickly said, before I could be caught in Julia’s incessant blabbering.

“Candy! You mean the breeder? I didn’t know you were friends.”

“We’re cousins.”

Julia looked flabbergasted.

“What? I didn’t know. This is such a huge news! Rini! Did you know this?”

“Affirmative,” Florinia replied, but when we saw a helicopter fly by us in the direction of Amaria’s house, we all fell silent for a moment.

“Wow, it’s not often we see helicopters. Everyone being able to fly on top of pokemon and all,” Julia said, breaking the silence.

Florinia squinted her eyes and when she saw what she did not really want to see, she twitched a little- the biggest sign of emotion I had seen her express.

A2VhAiR.png

“Team Meteor confirmed,” Florinia said.

“Whaaat? They’re here too? I’m gonna boomboom their faces off if they try and do anything to Amy and Tania!”

Julia shook her pompoms vigorously and started climbing up the hill. Florinia and I followed her closely. I figured they had come to get the Sapphire bracelets that were under Titania’s possession. Taka… that coward must have radioed his father to drop everything and come for them, because otherwise it was way too soon for them to even know that she had taken their precious key. In any case, I wasn’t going to lose the chance to fight Solaris and humiliate him once again.

I reached the house, the air current from the helicopter which was suspended in the air close to the house’s ceiling, blowing up my long hair. I made a mental note of their location, since I presumed they’d have to come in through Hardy’s room and down the stairs.

Julia was already in the middle of alerting Titania about the situation when I entered the house.

“We knew they were coming,” she said with her usual indifferent tone. “I just didn’t expect it to be so soon.”

“I have an idea! Let’s lure them in and blow the whole place up on their faces, so that the rest of us can sneak out unharmed,” Julia suggested, because of course she did.

“Amaria was injured. She’s in the room in the back, but the drugging- I mean she’s still asleep. We can’t move her.”

Julia seemed genuinely concerned for Amaria and inquired after her health so much that Titania had to remind her that she had to focus on the Team Meteor situation.

“Well then, I don’t think there’s anything else to do,” the cheerleader said. “We gotta fight, fight and fight; we’ll win the day! We’ll send those Meteor jerks away!”

21Syu4b.png

“Understood. Analyzing structure,” Florinia commented, and then looked 360 degrees around the house.

“There’s nothing to analyze. Take up defensive positions at the house exits. We won’t even allow them in,” was Titania’s suggestion.

Before I could remind her that Team Meteor was upstairs, Florinia upstaged me.

“Incorrect,” said she, and moved to the north side of the living room. “I hypothesize that Team Meteor will create additional entrance routes.”

“You ever gonna stop talking like that? It’s been how many years, and you’re still overreacting?”

Titania’s allusion to some event in the past that may have triggered Florinia’s robotic ways picked my interest, but I checked myself. It was the definition of not my business.

“Now’s not the time for that,” it was Julia’s turn to say. “Let’s listen to her plan.”

Florinia’s plan was to have her and me take the first line of defense. Since Team Meteor would likely come down the stairs, our positioning ourselves close to the room Amaria was sleeping in was optimal to protect what they were after: the sapphire bracelets. She then indicated to Julia to remain close to the healing room, because the large windows there posed an easy entrance route for the enemy. Lastly, she told Titania to be in the room with Amaria, so that she could be the last resort, in case we weren’t strong enough to stop them. Over my dead body, I thought, would I allow the likes of Solaris to defeat me. It would be unnecessary for Titania to do anything.

Just as we had finished taking our positions, Solaris came down the stairs as I had predicted.

0yOUC90.png

Spoiler

I chose to make a long vid with everything in it, so lemme just cheat and allow the vid to finish narrating the story for me hehe I mean who needs Vanilla's commentary on stuff that happens without her saying a single word, right? (yah, that's actually 99.9% of what this playthrough is, but that's just details, details~) also, forgib me that Pikachu isn’t in the vid cause no follower mod yet for E18 😞

TEAM RECAP

Spoiler

8tLXV92.pngm9ubnr2.pngUjvPUY3.pngQIm3Nfa.pngBPIr479.pngY4gHZVY.pngby1TvOS.pngNaNTVQD.pngzWHkGSh.pngwplQIoq.pngDDmTydC.pngvGdOQyh.png

Spoiler
  • Julia (+2): 4/10 I guess I judged her harshly on first meeting her, because I was in a bad mood. She isn't terrible, even if she is too spontaneous for my liking.
  • Florinia (+1): 5/10 She chose loyalty over kinship, even if that may have been a difficult choice for her. Got to give credit where it's due.
  • Solaris (-1): -3/10 He tried to burn down the house with us in it. I don't appreciate murder attempts toward me.
  • Sirius (-1): -4/10 Same as Solaris.
  • Fern (-1): -4/10 Just when I think I can't hate this idiot more, he surprises me by joining Team Meteor.

Heh I wanted to get this episode out before I went to Japan for a week and missed yet another week without uploads 😂

• Like 5

On 6/19/2019 at 4:56 AM, Auburn_Ember said:

Yay an update! :lol:

Hmm... at this point Fern is just looking desperate with the façade of being a complete jerk, although I'm surprised that Vanilla's rating of Sirius is on par with him and not Solaris as of now.

late af because I was in Japan but yah, the point system is a bit non-optimal because it depends on how often you meet these characters in the game. Every time Fern sticks his nose in Vanilla's business, he gets docked a point. Given how often he's seen in the game, it's not surprising he has a rating on par with Sirius who started maybe with a 1/10 or something 😛

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 64tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

RIP proper upload schedule. You will be missed.

With Team Meteor out of the way, we were left with a flooded house, an unconscious girl and two girls neither with whom I could make a coherent conversation. Titania returned her excadrill to its pokeball, and approached the unconscious Florinia to check her condition.

“Is she gonna be okay?” Julia said, concerned for her friend.

“Normally I would say yes, but Florinia has a history of being more greatly affected by things than she needs to,” Titania shrugged.

Julia, with as angry a face as I ever saw her make, marched with angry steps toward Titania.

“Would you stop it already?” she scolded. “In case you didn’t notice, it’s normal for people to be hurt when their friend blows up on them! She trusted you, and you betrayed her!”

LB4MiNo.png

“Seems to be a recurring theme lately,” Titania replied, glancing at me momentarily.

Right then, Amaria showed up at the door to her room. Titania and I froze in the spot, thinking that she would either get angry at the sight of us or become suicidal again. However, contrary to what we expected, Amaria was tranquil; she even smiled when she saw Titania.

“What’s with all the yelling,” she asked, and let out a yawn.

“Amy, you’re awake,” Julia exclaimed happily, blissfully ignorant of the awkward atmosphere that surrounded us.

“Huh? What happened here?”

Amaria’s droopy eyes followed the river of water that flowed from the Gym’s pool to the space that had been their living room. The water level had risen so much that the sofas and desks were floating already. If Titania left her diary on the desk where I had found it before, its inked pages were presumably erased, for better or worse.

“We’re, uh, redecorating,” Titania said, her voice turning high-pitched for a second.

Amaria took another look at the space, and surprisingly acted both impressed by and satisfied with the supposed redecoration.

“And who’s our guest?” she asked, looking at me with a soft smile.

For a couple of seconds, none of us knew who she meant and were equally lost as to how to respond.

“You mean me?” I asked.

“Yes. Have we met before?”

“Um, yeah. You brought Rini and I to see Vanilla when she was depressed a long long while ago, remember?” Julia said, but Amaria seemed incredulous.

“Amaria. Do you know who I am?” Titania asked to test her.

The blue-haired girl smiled widely, still visibly puzzled.

“What are you saying? Of course I know who you are; you’re the love of my life!”

3SarYH6.png

The sentence had so much shock value to Titania, that she had to extend one arm against the wall for support. She looked physically weakened, and this time she had not been starving. 

Upon further questioning her, we concluded that Amaria had suffered a case of post-traumatic retrograde amnesia, perhaps due to the impact she received when she crashed into the pool at the bottom of the waterfall. Her last memories had been of the time she had prepared herself to go to Obsidia Ward, when the PULSE-induced mutant plantlife was rampaging. That, of course, meant that she had no recollection of everything related to me, and furthermore, what she had lived through recently with Titania.

Titania was silent the whole of it, and Amaria was still unable to catch what was amiss even after the Q&A session had concluded.

“But my, look at the time! You must’ve been so concentrated in your redecorating that you didn’t notice it’s already night time,” Amaria said. “Everyone is welcome to stay. It’s not often that we can have a sorority reunion, after all!”

Fortunately, that meant I could have one room all to myself, while Florinia and Julia were encouraged to sleep in Amaria’s room. The room she readied for me and Pikachu was the one they had once brought a sleeping Hardy into. I had been inside this room once, of course, but I had not paid attention to it much because I was here just to bring Hardy back to the circus. Now, even in the dim light of two small lamps, I could notice that the walls were decorated with many paintings of water and water pokemon. Each was signed by a different person, so I deduced that they had not been painted by either Amaria or Titania. A small painting featuring an aegislash was on the corner of the room closest to the sliding glass doors- that was the only one unrelated to the water theme.

I sat down and completely reclined on the couch, and Pikachu jumped on my stomach to rest. The moonlight shone through the glass doors, and before I knew I had been lulled to sleep. 

ZjK9MP6.png

When I woke up, I realized that I had forgotten to turn off the lights before I went to sleep. The clock on the table marked 2:30AM, and the quiet noise of the sorority girls chatting downstairs had long subsided. I laid down on the couch again and closed my eyes, hoping that I could go back to sleep. Alas, my mind was as crisp as overcooked fries, and just trying to sleep made me even more tired. So, I gave up on sleeping, and instead started going through my belongings to see if that monotonous work would make me sleepy again.

My fingers were paralyzed when I touched the only book in my bag. I stared at it from above, took a deep breath and pulled it out. It was not a thick notebook, but I could tell that it was a regular enchanted journal- those which were designed to never run out of pages. Just as I had observed from the first time I saw it in Aladdin’s hands, the notebook was wrapped in a wine red leader but nothing to indicate what it was or to decorate it. I thought it was very much like Wolfie, and without meaning to a tear fell on top of the cover.

Pikachu wiped my eyes with his disguise.

“Thank you. I just… don’t like having downtime like this. As long as I keep busy, I wouldn’t have to think of difficult things.”

I wiped the cover off with the back of my hand.

“I don’t even know if I want to open this book, even if Aladdin encouraged me to.”

My hand hesitantly lifted the cover, but it stopped midway because something slipped out of the notebook and fell onto the floor. I placed the book on the couch and crouched on the floor to pick up the thin rectangular object. It was a card with a magnetic stripe on the back, and designs on the front. The front side had the numbers “508” written in the center, surrounded by the designs, which were mostly snowflakes.

“Whatever could this be? Could it be Wolfie’s?”

I flipped the card to see the back.

“If lost, return to Mountainview Apartments, 21 Ametrine Drive, Ametrine City,” I read a loud and wrinkled my forehead. “I think I know whose this is, and I am not happy to know.”

I only needed slightly more encouragement to go back to Ametrine, and this key had provided it for better or worse.

I didn’t read Wolfie’s diary that night after all, and lay down awake on the couch once I finished checking my inventory. All I could think of was the key, for it likely held the answers to many questions, but it in itself raised a number of extra questions that prevented me from catching a glimpse of sleep.

The next morning at sunrise, I sat upright on the couch to stretch the muscles that ached from a long sleepless night. I went down the stairs quietly and confirmed that no one was awake yet. I left Amaria a brief note thanking her for allowing me to stay the night, and off I went out of her house. However, I had been wrong about no one being awake. I jolted in surprise at the sight of Titania standing outside. She also jumped when she heard the door opening and closing, but relaxed her shoulders when she saw it was me.

“Leaving already?” she asked me, and I nodded.

“You too?” I said, noticing the large steel bird sitting behind her, and the few packages that were scattered on the floor. 

We both fell silent. Titania looked away from me, and instead faced the rising sun.

5rBgfSe.png

“I am just tired of all this,” she said. “I obviously didn’t want Amy to off herself like she attempted to do, but I thought I would be done with this whole thing when she finally knew the truth about me.”

“It mustn’t be pleasant to be standing on ground zero after all that drama.”

Titania kicked a rock, and it rolled down the hill with increasing speed.

“Yeah. I’ll figure something out, but until I do, I’ll be away from this place.”

“Where will you go?”

“Far into the desert, I have a… cozy place. A place where my thoughts have taken shape. An illusion in the desert, if you will. It’s the only place I can feel like myself.”

Titania grabbed the packages from the floor and tied them onto the steel bird. When she did, I noticed that she was wearing Amaria’s sapphire bracelets on her wrist. She saw me notice them, and told me that she was taking them with her, in order to protect Amaria.

“If Team Meteor wants these, they’ll have to get them,” she said. “And believe me. They’ll regret it if they try.”

She then hopped on the bird, and took off without even waving a hand at me.

“I guess that’s that. Let us go as well, Pikachu.”

I lowered my arm for him and soon was on the road to Ametrine.

I couldn’t help my steps from gradually increasing speed, until I found myself running through Ametrine City. As soon as I found the building that had once housed Blake, I quickly confirmed that the sign outside read “Mountainview Suites & Apartments” before heading in. The woman in the reception saw me panting like a wild animal, but said nothing and went back to idling in her post.

I went up the elevator to the 5th floor, and looked for the room #508. It was the room farthest from the elevator.

I almost knocked on the door once I found it, but caught myself in the act. There was very little chance that I would find anyone in, since I was holding the key to enter the place, and Aladdin rested in peace beneath a thick layer of snow by now. So instead of knocking, I inserted and withdrew the card key and opened the door with caution.

AxSWE4a.png

The layout of the place was similar to Blake’s, but even less personalized than his had been. It was so vacant, it was almost as if nobody had resided here at all. I wasn’t familiar with Aladdin’s lifestyle, so I couldn’t determine for sure if the place was like this because he was a minimalist or because he had already wiped all evidence of him having been there.

As I was inspecting the apartment, I heard a noise of something sliding and then smashing perhaps against the wall, and my heart nearly jumped out of my throat. I looked back to that general direction, but the noise had apparently come from inside the bathroom, which had its door closed. One thing was certain, however: we weren’t alone.

I know what you thinking. You're thinking "gosh Candy you finally upload a chapter and then have the audacity to end it on a cliffhanger". And to you, my fren, I say: You're welcome 😈

Spoiler
  • No changes.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

Haha. I'm not surprised by your cliffhangers anymore. In fact, I expect them. Lol. But nice episode! I've been wondering when another 1 would be coming out! 😛

and now you'll be hanging from the cliff for a month 🤣 jk I'll try to upload one faster cause otherwise I'll never end this story oof

• Like 1

Interesting episode once again! And yeah, you made good use of the cliffhanger with this one 😄

Hopefully, we will get more information about Wolfie in the future. Maybe he didn't come all alone to Vanilla after all. I wonder what this presence near the end could be.

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 65tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

I stared at the direction of the thudding sound, and soon the bathroom door opened. With an amount of steam that made me wonder if someone had been cooking themselves in there, came out a figure dressed in a white bathrobe. No, it was not the dead man. It was someone much, much worse. The worst possible scenario, right in front of my eyes.

z7ROaki.png

“Oh. My. Goodness. Look who’s here! You appear now when I just took a relaxing shower, and totally evaded me while I looked for you months on end?”

Jasmin, looking dramatically different from how she looks with a face full of make-up, was now standing just a couple of meters from me.

“I didn’t think I’d find you here,” I said.

“Of course not. But isn’t it obvious that I’d come here, to the last place my boyfriend-” she paused and grinned widely, almost as if she were imitating Cheshire. “I mean, your boyfriend, was known to inhabit before he mysteriously disappeared?” 

I knew she was only saying this to upset me; she had always been this sort of person. Yet, she was managing to do just that, and it took every inch of my concentration not to show it outwardly.

She stared at my eyes, perhaps searching for proof that I was distressed. After an unnatural pause, she stroked her long wet hair and asked: “Now, you wouldn’t know what happened to him, would you?”

I forced myself to keep a straight face, but I don’t know if I succeeded. Turns out tensing facial muscles on command might not be the best way to look unfazed. In any case, my effort wasn’t enough to fool one with a keen sixth sense, a product of a purist lineage of police officers and commanders.

“You don’t have to tell me, if you don’t want to,” she waved her hands. “Now that I’ve found you, I care not if Aladdin comes back or not. Our duty was to bring you back to Everland for a proper trial, and if he doesn’t come back with us, that’d just be more credit to me.”

“You’re sickening. Don’t think you’ll catch me just because you found me,” I said, and reached to one of my pokeballs.

However, just as I’d grasped one, a purple ribbon wrapped around my wrist and pulled my arm, making me drop the pokeball to the floor. I looked back at Jasmin, and widened my eyes in disbelief.

The purple ribbon that had caught my wrist was nothing other than the ribbon tied to Jasmin’s hair.

“W-what…”

“Having my secret revealed to my enemy isn’t very elegant of me, is it?”

The other end of Jasmin’s ribbon moved in almost invisible speed and wrapped around my other wrist. I tugged with all my strength, but neither side would let go or rip. Instead, it wrapped around even tighter, which I thought would end up severing my hands.

“I like hearing you scream in pain. It feels rewarding when punishment befalls criminals, you know?”

Since she said that, I clenched my teeth so that I wouldn’t give her the pleasure. She noticed, and grinned even wider than before.

“Now, behave. If you don’t resist me, I won’t have to tighten my ribbon around you so strongly.”

She pulled my arms with force, and that momentum made me fall forward onto my knees.

“Much better.”

I didn’t want it to end there. I still had to fight alongside the people I cared about. I still needed to return to Everland and overthrow the Queen.

I wouldn’t be able to do either of those things from jail, or worse, from death.

Right at that moment, Pikachu, who had been hiding behind me the whole time, leaped forward using my back as a springboard. It was like that time, when he had jumped towards Solaris’ large blue dragon in order to save my neck. However, this time was different. Pikachu used the move Astonish on Jasmin, and instead of Pikachu, she crumbled to the floor. The ribbons on my arms loosened for a moment, and that was enough for me to pull my arms away. I called Pikachu to run, and we ran with the fastest speed we could toward the room’s doorway and then the building’s exit. I could hear Jasmin’s angry shouts following me, and perhaps her ribbons might have actually caught my hair a couple of times, had it not been for Pikachu who slapped the ribbons away with his ghastly arms.

Running outside of the apartment complex was going to be a problem, however, because of the perpetual snow on Ametrine City’s ground. Fortunately, that turned out to be an advantage I could exploit against Jasmin, who was still wearing her bathrobe and slippers. She tried following me for a couple of meters, but then withdrew to the building because she could not handle the cold on her almost-bare feet. I turned around briefly to confirm that she was standing at the building’s entrance, with a glare that told me the next time we met would not be a clean meeting.

ytZmceC.png

Now, I had to quickly decide where I would head to, before Jasmin could change her clothes and come looking for me again. My drive to find out about Aladdin’s thought process was at an all-time low now, given that he had evidently planned a trap that extended well beyond his last breath. However, I also didn’t want to go back to the circus, without having accomplished anything here in Ametrine.

My head throbbed as I considered my options, and tried to choose the best option that increased my chances of escaping unharmed from Jasmin. My instinct was to just run through Ametrine Mountain full speed, but given my lack of judgment on several occasions, I wasn’t too sure that was the correct answer. Exiting Ametrine through the mountain’s interior was the most predictable route. Even the idiots of Team Meteor knew that, and placed the PULSE Avalugg to block that passage.

Was there another path to leave Ametrine City? I glanced behind.

No, but I could make one.

I ran over to the edge of the cliff that had one large protruding rock. This had been the place Aladdin and I battled, and the rock the one that I deposited my entire life onto while we swung from my bubblegum dress. It was also the place where Aladdin had fallen God knows how many meters to his demise.

“Pikachu, I saw you parachuting Shelly to safety once, when we were crossing the bridges to get to Calcenon City,” I said. “What do you say? Want to try taking another leap of faith?”

Pikachu looked at me, then took a sneak peak at the bottom of the cliff, and jumped backward. Then he restlessly moved back and forth, perhaps trying to think of an alternative that didn’t result in our deaths. However, he must know that I already considered my options, and at least this path had some chance of survival, compared to the other one that was absolutely nil after angering Jasmin thus. Once Pikachu calmed down, he began stretching his disguise, which gave me another idea. After all, he wasn’t the only one with stretchy clothing.

After 5 minutes of intensive work, we were left with two parachute-size clothes, which I combined together using the last two magical stones on my bubblegum dress. Now, we were ready to try out the life-or-death maneuver. I must say that, even though I had high hopes for this to work, it wasn’t easy taking that step down to the abyss, when I couldn’t guarantee my or Pikachu’s safety to the 100%.

“Ready, Pikachu?” I said, trying to control the trembling of my hands. “Let’s do it.”

NmLPccs.png

We jumped off at the same time. The parachute worked in the sense that it didn’t just make us fall at 9.8 m/s^2, but given that the two sticky stones that held them together only did so in two spots, air still could pass between the sheets and we fell at a faster rate than anticipated. Pikachu noticed, and used one of his long arms to hold the two cloths’ gap, but still, the parachute wasn’t perfect. The other thing was controlling the landing spot; due to the air current, we did not fall in a straight line but instead in all directions, and I did my best to avoid plunging into the cliffside by kicking it when we got too close.

In the end, we fell into part of the forest, not too far from the cliff. The landing was catastrophic because the tree branch I stepped on broke under our and the parachute’s weight and so we fell and got scratched all over with tree branches. Luckily, we didn’t hit the ground because the parachute got entangled in the branches and held us like a bouncy hammock.

I cut through my dress to escape the bubblegum mess, and Pikachu also shrunk(?!) his disguise to normal size. The scratches hurt but I had suffered worse injuries in the past. Some sprays of Full Heal should do it for now.

We walked through the forest, half-looking for the path to access either Agate Circus or Calcenon from the bottom of Ametrine Mountain, and half-looking for Aladdin’s corpse. That was all I could do in the present moment, for I didn’t know when Jasmin would be leaving the infamous apartment, where perhaps I could gather the information that, I had to admit, I was desperate to obtain. 

However, I could not find the corpse, perhaps owing to the layered snow.

I was about to give up my search and focus on just leaving Ametrine all together, when I heard the sound of a branch break near me. The sound made my heart jump and instantly increased my heart rate by three fold. I thought that somehow against all odds, Jasmin had found out that I jumped off a cliff, and was now proximal to me; however, I was, to my relief, wrong. The person who approached me was not someone I knew. She appeared to be walking her dog, a large stoutland.

“Is someone there?” she asked.

I remained silent, because I didn’t care to chat with a stranger.

She continued walking, the dog guiding her towards me. Even when she was within a 5 metre radius of me, though, she repeated herself louder.

“Is someone there?” Then she added, “Sorry, I’m blind. I am looking for someone, and I thought you might be them.”

Only when she said this, it dawned on me that her eyes were out of focus.

OrabmaM.png

“Yes, I am here, but I’m likely not the one you’re looking for.”

“Oh, let’s see. You don’t happen to be Vanilla, or know someone named Vanilla, would you?”

The question caught me off-guard, and I couldn’t reply straight away. How would she know who I was? Was she a member of the Everland Police looking for me like Aladdin and Jasmin? It was improbable. They wouldn’t hire a blind person precisely to look for me, would they?

“Why are you looking for her?” I said, still precautious.

“About a week ago, Mocha here found an articuno and a boy lying on the snow,” she said, patting her stoutland. “Both were cold but still breathing, so my dad and brother helped me to carry them to our house.”

“Aladdin!” I exclaimed but I checked my tone. “So he survived the fall. Roaches always refuse to die.”

“Dunno about roaches, but dad said he probably fell from Ametrine Mountain and his articuno tried to save him. It’s not often, thankfully, but we’ve found dead peeps around these parts before. I wish they wouldn’t choose Ametrine Mountain for sucide spot, or more like, I wish they didn’t choose suicide at all!”

“Aladdin didn’t commit suicide, although he might as well have.”

I don’t know why I said that. The girl looked at me funnily, though her eyes were not looking in my direction at all.

“You seem to know this guy an awful lot better than I expected,” she said. “I think I’ll have to add to my previous statement that I wish angry girlfriends wouldn’t push their boyfriends off cliffs to solve their conflicts!”

I flinched, but this was not the moment to flinch.

“That’s not at all how it happened. But again, why should I explain things to a stranger? Just take me to where he is already.”

“Stranger? Oh, that’s right! I haven’t introduced myself yet,” the girl said, smiling this time. “My name is Hazel, and my stoutland is Mocha. I think Aladdin might be asleep right now, since he still has a fever, but I’m sure he’d be happy to see you if you caught him awake. He’s in a much better shape than we found him in. At least that’s what Arthur says, since, you know, I can’t really see if he’s in a better shape. His fever did feel like it’s gone down a notch, though. Follow us, Vanilla. Our house is nearby.”

“I didn’t say that I’m Vanilla,” I reminded her.

“There wasn’t a need. I knew you were, when you said you were the guy’s girlfriend. Even in his feverish state, he didn’t stop calling for you.”

“I didn’t say I was his girlfriend, either,” I corrected her with slight annoyance. “If he did that, it’s probably because mine was the last face he saw.”

“You didn’t need to say anything. I already know everything. You see, since I don’t have my eyesight, I have a sharp sixth sense instead. You paint yourself as the one who attempted murder on him, but I doubt it. Why would you sound so happy when I said he was still alive? Pretty sure a killer wouldn’t be happy to know their target didn’t get killed after all.”

I tried to correct Hazel’s misunderstandings all throughout the time we walked to her house, but my efforts were futile. What she lacked in both vision and sixth sense, she made up for in her stubbornness.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN(?) CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Jasmin: -infinity/10 I'm not even sorry. I don't see a single trait in her that could be her saving grace.
  • Hazel: 3/10 I don't know how to feel about her, but what she has said so far has struck a nerve with me. 

Yep. Just introduced a new OC out of the blue, and don't ask me why.

• Like 4

… Astonish!? Pikachu really needs some training
I don't trust this Hazel girl: it may sound racist, but she has the same skin color as Jasmine (I don't remember Aladdin's) and this makes me think she could be from Everland (to Reborn ah-ah-ah).

But why did you just introduce a new OC out of the blue??????????

On 8/18/2019 at 3:53 AM, Corso said:

… Astonish!? Pikachu really needs some training
I don't trust this Hazel girl: it may sound racist, but she has the same skin color as Jasmine (I don't remember Aladdin's) and this makes me think she could be from Everland (to Reborn ah-ah-ah).

But why did you just introduce a new OC out of the blue??????????

no racism in my lobby 😠

Aladdin is white but tanned (since he spends most of the time outside with birdies)

Exhibit A: Yep. Just introduced a new OC out of the blue, and don't ask me why.

I have had this part of the story planned for like a year now and I just couldn't eliminate the need of new characters even if my better judgment says "no introduction of new characters late into the story" lol when have I ever followed my better judgment smh

On 8/18/2019 at 4:12 AM, Majin J-Awesome_One said:

As always, it was a great, interesting read. Loving the new character as well! Apparently, it seems we’re leaving the Reborn storyline for a bit to follow this 1. Always making us think what’s gonna happen next. Keep up the good work!

Yep, I think about a couple of chapters might be devoted to this, then it'll be Ciel's battle and that p much concludes this long "Season 3".

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1