From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

Ok

Read all this Pikachu's Adventure stuff

And I love it

I like the idea of N's Zorua seeing if his old friend's beliefs were true or not.

I'm also a fan of "meanwhile" stuff

As you read you see things you recognize events and it's nice to see the correlation between the side story and main one

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, uberle said:

Ok

Read all this Pikachu's Adventure stuff

And I love it

I like the idea of N's Zorua seeing if his old friend's beliefs were true or not.

I'm also a fan of "meanwhile" stuff

As you read you see things you recognize events and it's nice to see the correlation between the side story and main one

N is my favorite character (tied with Steven) so I kinda lowkey wanted to include some reference to him somewhere... it just so happened that Pikachu's meanwhile story required a "buddy" because telling a story with just one main character is harder unless you keep doing something like what I did in the first chapter - keep meeting new characters.

I wrote this because at least one person was bamboozled by the last episode of S2 main story, and I was like "damn did I really not make it clear enough where this was going with the 'shadows' and 'white ghost' business?"... so yah, an appendix to correct my lack of story-writing skills rip 😢 glad you liked it nevertheless!

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 43tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Look at me posting a new chapter without prior announcement 😛 enjoy frens

“Reborn City really has a pollution problem,” she said. “I'm glad we don't have them as regional neighbors.”

I was silent. I took notice of how much of the city was covered in filth, and also that the ground had visible fissures even from high up where we were.

“I think that's Opal Ward, judging from how it's the only place looking decent,” she said, and we descended into said ward. Once we hopped off the birds, they let out loud cries and flew back up into the sky.

Given that Grandview train station was still under repair, we had gotten special permission to migrate into the region with my birds. However, the regional customs control told us to make the birds fly back to Everland, since the foreign bird species might interfere with their efforts to return Pokemon into their ecosystem. So that was it- without my birds, I would have to find bird Pokémon to substitute them.

“You're awfully quiet today,” she grinned. “May I ask what's on your mind?”

“No.”

“Rude. I'm just trying to help out, okay?” she shrugged. “Not that I can't get an idea as to your thoughts.”

“I don't think you'd know my thoughts.”

“Whatever. In any case, don't get homesick. We'll deal with Vanilla quickly and you'll soon be back home to see your birds.”

She probably thought that I was in a foul mood because I would have to part with my friends, but oddly enough I didn't feel distressed about that. I supposed the business that brought us here today had taken over my mind completely, so much so that any other problem seemed insignificant.

“Let's head in,” she jolted her head to the right, to where the Grand Hall gates were. “And remember this for everything we'll do: the end justifies the means.”

---

In a hidden alleyway with little to no traffic, I made the encounter of a lifetime, if such a thing even existed. In a world where the physical impossibility of resurrection can be accomplished, however, that existence seemed not to matter at all. Questions as to how this could happen might be asked by a scientist, but I wasn't one. The only question I cared about was whether I could be allowed such happiness, despite robbing others of their happiness many a time.

“Welcome back, Pikachu,” I said and wiped my tears. “I'm sorry beyond forgiveness that I let you die before.”

Pikachu pressed the head of his disguise against my extended palm. He said something, with a cry different to a pachirisu’s.

“Please don't sacrifice your life like that again. I prefer to die if that's my destiny.”

Pikachu backed away, turned around and stayed still. It took me a moment to realize this was how he expressed disapproval now.

“Alright alright, let's just both try to live,” I corrected myself. “Should we get going now? Shelly should be waiting in Agate City already.”

Pikachu let out a loud squeak, and jumped on my shoulder as he used to do long ago. So much had happened since our separation, I judged a long conversation would be necessary to catch him up to speed- not that he would understand a thing.

“As for your furry fox friend from earlier,” I turned around to look at the zorua, but he was nowhere to be seen. “I was about to suggest he come with us, but I guess he was just helping you out temporarily, huh?”

We went out of the alleyway. Nothing had changed since I went in following the zorua, but I somehow felt as though I were a completely new person. A small weight in my chest had lifted up, and now I could breathe better.

I was ready to continue my pursuit of strength.

bRMNdsg.png

I rode my bike back to Route 1, and hadn't realized how tired I was until I placed a foot on the pedal. Even then, I cycled all the way back, partly concerned about leaving Shelly alone for too long.

When we got to Agate checkpoint, though, I found I'd been overthinking.

“Heyy Vanilla. How're you doing~” Cain asked. “Whoa, what is that little pokemon you’ve got there?”

Cain, whom I didn't expect to meet here, pointed to Pikachu. The little silky pokemon moved closer to my neck.

“It’s a long story, but this is Pikachu.”

“If I remember correctly, that was your pachirisu’s name,” Cain batted is eyes.

“The one and only,” I patted Pikachu’s head.

“I’m, um, happy for you, um, Vanilla. Oh, and Pikachu too, um, welcome back, I think?” Shelly added.

“So, why are you two here? Shelly, I thought you’d be waiting for me in Agate City.”

“Um, I'm not sure if, um, we can get through this checkpoint,” Shelly said.

I looked around, and found all of the guards asleep. Not just asleep either- they were in very deep sleep, since no amount of shaking their shoulders seemed to wake them.

“What happened here?”

Shelly shook her head, and Cain replied for her.

“We don’t know, since they were like this when we arrived,” e said. “I guess we’ve got no other choice if we want to pass through here.”

I would’ve asked what choice he was referring to, but Cain demonstrated the meaning before that. E sent out his nidoking, which punched the gate and dislocated it from the hinge in a flash.

“There you have it~ Now let’s head into Agate City.”

“That works,” I said. “Though I would’ve suggested jumping over the gate.”

Cain just smiled shyly and returned nidoking to his pokeball.

We walked into Agate, but it was eerily quiet. The number of houses and buildings made the city look populated, but not a sound could be heard and no shadow could be seen. We were indeed coming pretty late at night, but I would have expected at least some signal of life from a “city”.

3J2uRkh.png

“It’s too quiet,” I noted, but my levels of exhaustion seemed to raise exponentially with every step I took further into the city.

We didn’t walk very long until we started finding a few people lying on the ground asleep. It should have raised a red flag for me then, but I was so tired even these abnormalities seemed to pass my mind without raising an eyebrow.

“I’d also like to take a nap,” I murmured.

We took a turn on a corner, and two familiar figures grabbed the little attention I had. The four of us walked fast- for I was in no condition to run- and identified the sleeping pair as Aya and… that red head who visited Aya’s gym while I was there.

“Aya?” Cain approached her and tried slapping her cheek gently to wake her up. “Hah… well what a weird place to sleep. Dork.”

“It looks comfortable enough for me,” I said to myself, as I tried my best to stay awake.

“I’m getting drowsy t-too,” Shelly agreed. “I don’t think, um, a nap would harm anyone.”

So she was about to lie down on the ground next to Hardy, when out of nowhere a loud voice called out.

“RAAAWWWWWRRRRRR! Diamond Dinamooo!!”

ulU89EY.png

I head the voice, but my reflexes were numb from the exhaustion to realize the voice’s owner was right behind me, jumping up with a giant mallet on her hand. She jumped so high that she passed right over my head and almost landed her mallet on Cain.

“Whoa, that was close! What do you think you’re doing?” he complained.

“What I’m doing? What I’m doing, you ask?” the woman, who had made just enough noise to jolt me awake by now, angrily waved her mallet at Cain. “... This saturday night babeh, I’d like to take you out, knowwhatimean?”

She nudged Cain, but he shook his head.

“People usually ask that before trying to pounding me, not after.”

I internally shook my head in disapproval, but I didn’t have the luxury to do so now that my mind was working at its full capacity once again. I looked at the people scattered around sleeping, and only now realized I was just about to be one of them.

“Anyway, as I wuz saying,” the rainbow-haired crazy coughed. “You gotta get the hell outta here!”

“What, well I suppose we should, but who even are you?”

“Don’t be shy, I can gib you my number if u want,” she whispered on Cain’s ear, and leaned  closer only to shout from the top of her lungs. “I’m Terra, hear me RAWWWWRRRRR!!!”

“Ok fine, I heard you so stop rawring,” Cain said, covering his most likely permanently injured ear. “Can we get going now?”

“Nu. I haven’t finished talking. Didn't they teach u manners in scool? R00d,” Terra shook her head. “This is important: acceptable names include Terrawr, Terraria, Terrawrawrawrawrawrawr, M3G4T3RR4, super1337 lion tamarrr and Queen o’ booty.”

“Q-queen of… what?” Shelly asked, but thankfully Terra is deaf and couldn’t hear the question.

“Okay okay, sweety,” Cain smiled half-heartedly. “Now, let’s get to safety. It’ll be a little challenging to move these two sleepy heads, though.”

Terra looked at the sleeping gym leaders and inspected them briefly.

“Exhibits A and C,” she said firmly, but followed up with a low voice. “TherewasanexhibitBbutiatehim. Delicious.”

“Excuse me?”

“What? WHO SAID THAT?” she shouted. “Nut that it matterz. Dw tho, I gotchu backs. I’ll hit yo friends up with a first class ride to safety, right about… now.”

She then quickly went around and stopped right next to Aya. She swung her mallet like she was a batter waiting for a pitch.

“No way,” I blurted out without meaning to.

But it was just as I imagined- she swung the mallet and swiped Aya off the floor and sent her flying to what appeared to be the nearby circus Shelly had told me about.

“HOME RAWR!!!”

She didn’t end it there, but gave the same treatment to the red-head as well.

“WHAT THE FUCK IS A PHYSICS?!!”

We looked in the direction she sent him flying, but he didn’t seem to land within the circus.

“When she wakes, Aya’s going have a headache worse than a hangover,” Cain supposed.

“Who’s next?” Terra swung her mallet around, practicing her batting.

“I think I’ll walk,” Cain shivered. “That’s what this pair of legs are for.”

“Nu, legs are just there to be opened wide, ifyouknowwhatimean,” Terra winked.

AxdeSDq.png

I began hoping Shelly weren’t with us now.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Cain (-1): 6/10 Terra just reminded me that he's a mild version of her. Mild is bad enough.
  • Shelly (unchanged): 8/10
  • Terra: 0/10 No comments.

Short and sweet and sour to start Season 3! Also what the hell is wrong with the views? 17,000+?? if that's accurate, then y'all got too much free time, js jk

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

OMGITSBACKLIKETHATSSOAWESOME! … I'll never pretend to be like Terra again. Sorry. Haha. You know, I've been wondering about something. The way Terra talks, I get that like it's supposed to be weird and whatnot but that's because we, the players, we read it as that but as the MC, we wouldn't read it as that unless she was like "yo babeh, this is how I SPELLZ it man." Know what I mean? Anyways, enough about... whatever that was. I loved this episode no matter the length of it. Always doing great with this and you just keep getting better. Nice job. 🙂

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

OMGITSBACKLIKETHATSSOAWESOME! … I'll never pretend to be like Terra again. Sorry. Haha. You know, I've been wondering about something. The way Terra talks, I get that like it's supposed to be weird and whatnot but that's because we, the players, we read it as that but as the MC, we wouldn't read it as that unless she was like "yo babeh, this is how I SPELLZ it man." Know what I mean? Anyways, enough about... whatever that was. I loved this episode no matter the length of it. Always doing great with this and you just keep getting better. Nice job. 🙂

I have some gud treats planned ifyouknowwhatimean for this season lol but Terra... I have mixed feelings- I like her as a character because she's funny but would hate her if I met her in person 😛 and yup I get what you're saying about the reading vs listening differences. For the purposes of my writing, I'm keeping her l33t speak ~60% the same because it's funnier to read it like that. I also think that somethings like capitalization, wordsgettingsmashedtogether and wrong spelling that makes a difference in sound (like "tho" "babeh") convey sound in some way lol

• Like 1

Oooo. Treats! Can't wait for those! But yea yea. Those make sense cus then you can imagine how they're saying it. And even when the words are altogether, it just means that the person is taking really fast. I'm not too sure but I think I'm prob gonna keep the spelling normal when it comes to my story. Well besides the words being jammed together but you get what I mean. 😛

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Archeric said:

Oh boi

Its gonna be a wild ride

I bet grad school isnt that busy huh

Grad school is so busy I just come back home to eat, take a shower and sleep lol

But yesterday was Friday so I sacrificed sleep to bring you some gud shit, you're welcome 😉

5 hours ago, Corso said:

IWANTTOSEEPIKACHU'SBATTLESPRITEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Am I like Terra now?

RAWRing not detected, target isn't Terra

Oh yah totes forgotsies but Pikachu's battle and following sprites are up for grabs my frens

Spoiler

6dauYex.pngPSN3zCx.png7ZX8uXs.png0N2xBSK.pngvpB9WIV.png

Made them but since Pikachu ain't gonna battle, can't use them in the story 😅

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Candy said:

Oh yah totes forgotsies but Pikachu's battle and following sprites are up for grabs my frens

SPOILER!
I meant "please hurry up so I can see a battle with PikaRRRRAAAAAAAAWWWWWWRRRRRWRWRWRWRRWRW "

✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。 ◁whenever Candy updates 

Lol I'm surprised you manage to make Terra not OOC which to me is a hard task to do (٥≧∇≦) like srly I can't even write L33t l4an9uage (٥-́﹏-) also nice to see Cain,Hardy and Aya Yay  again. too bad Cain dropped a relationship point because he ALMOST sounds like Terrawr (¯∇¯٥) Tres bien Candy ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Edited by Angelkitsune

1 hour ago, Angelkitsune said:

✧*。٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و✧*。 ◁whenever Candy updates 

Lol I'm surprised you manage to make Terra not OOC which to me is a hard task to do (٥≧∇≦) like srly I can't even write L33t l4an9uage (٥-́﹏-) also nice to see Cain,Hardy and Aya Yay  again. too bad Cain dropped a relationship point because he ALMOST sounds like Terrawr (¯∇¯٥) Tres bien Candy ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ

Well Terra and I share a few traits such as not writing in correct grammer lel so I guess it comes easier to me. I'm also making the effort to add some jokes of my own (*cough* open legs *cough*) but keeping her in character so we'll see how that goes 😅 Anyway thx for reading~

On 9/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, SilverHelio said:

You didn't capitalize Zorua

I didn't on purpose haha, Vanilla doesn't know the zorua's name is Zorua, and also how important he'd been for Pikachu.

In her perspective, Zorua is just another zorua that happened to cross paths with her briefly, as sad as that sounds 😔

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 44tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

As we ran over to Agate Circus, despite my inner wish to exit to Route 1 from where we came, Cain briefed me on what he had been up to.

“I had my battle- or well, a few battles- with Radomus,” he giggled. “I had a tough time against a type my ace is weak to, but you know, I finally beat him. Not in the physical sense, though I wouldn't have minded if it'd been, hehe.”

“Cain, Radomus could double your age,” I blurted out.

E laughed at my puzzlement, but a rawring coming from Terra’s general direction made his face freeze and thankfully he wiped off that silly grin off. E coughed and asked me to forget what e had said.

“Shelly told me you beat Luna,” said Cain, clearing his throat. “How was playing, I mean battling, in the dark?”

Cain froze again, quickly glanced at Terra, and shook his neck sideways. It was clear to both of us that e was a lost cause.

At last we made it to the circus, but the place had a similar aura to what I felt when I entered Agate City. No, the sleeping spell was definitely not cast on this part of town, but it was… rather quiet: except for the funky BGM, the amount of talking among the crowds of people were quite toned down. Definitely not what you'd expect when you enter a circus.

“An’ here it be, deh famous Agate Circus! Iz no sleepy people here,” Terra shouted.

Spoiler

ITNHwlu.png

Some pics will be in spoilers because ever since I got my new mac, it takes screenshots on way too high resolution lol

Now you know which pics were taken as I progressed the game, and which I just took to add to the written story 😅

On a side note, if any of you are Mac geniuses and can help me resize without losing image quality, would feel very obliged!

However, what she said wasn’t all that true. About half the children were lying on benches, napping, and the other half were either eating cotton candy or reading. The adults for the most part seemed not to know what to do to entertain themselves or the kids. Many had bags under their eyes as though they hadn't attained sleep for a while. Without proper bedding, I could easily imagine it would be challenging to get sleep. The irony amused me, though, for this was but a 10 minute walk from where people had apparently fallen into a sleeping-beauty-like eternal sleep.

“So I’m guessing you’re one of the clowns, then?” Cain asked Terra, and Shelly giggled under her breath.

WRONG. I’M A FIERCE AND MIGHTY LION TAMARRRRRAWR!!!,” she corrected with a voice that likely woke up all the napping children. “I also tame Ciel, if u know what I mean.”

“Um, Ciel?” Shelly asked, and it forced me to say something to this psycho.

“No, I don’t know what you mean and don’t have any reason to know,” I said. “Now, will you do us a favor and return to your lion taming responsibilities?”

Terra batted her eyes, as though she hadn’t expected me to speak thus.

“Wait, she hasn’t told us where Aya is, yet,” Cain said.

Terra curved the ends of her lips and narrowed her eyes.

“So u want me to stay. Aww yehhh das sweet of u pretty boi,” she said as she took one step closer to Cain just as he took one step backwards by reflex. “Anyweigh, yo friendlypeeps prolly fell ‘round this joint somewhere. I’m gonna go hit the showerzzzz but call me anytime babeh and we can have some fun together.”

That last part was directed to Cain, who replied with a dry “sure will do”.

Once she was out of our sight, e sighed.

“At last some spiritual peace. She’ll be waiting for my call for a long time, that’s for sure.”

“I thought, um, that you two would get along,” Shelly commented.

I smirked, for I saw Cain’s dissatisfied face from the corner of my eye. I saw Shelly’s anxious face too, and she apologized for making an off-handed remark.

“No worries~ I guess we do have some very few similarities, but only a very few. Anyways, shall we get going? I think we can find Aya quickly if we split up, but I’d say you two go together so Shelly doesn’t get lost in the huge crowd hehe~.”

lEmlitv.png

Indeed, some parts of Agate Circus were much more crowded than they appeared. The tent that sold ice cream had a line of people weaving like a snake, and so did the area with many benches- people were desperately looking for a place to sit, holding junk food and ice cream that had started to melt.

“Give me your hand,” I said. “Three people, including Cain who just ran off, is a large enough number of individuals we have to search for.”

I didn’t think I’d said anything odd, but Shelly seemed increasingly embarrassed to hold my hand. Even after she hesitantly placed her palm over mine, her grip on me was so weak I had to almost squeeze her fingers. She spoke much less than when we had visited Iolia Valley, and for a moment I imagined she had reverted back to her old ways, but I was determined not to be bothered by it. The quicker I could find Aya, the quicker I could leave this obnoxious place with the smell of overused frying oil, sticky ground, repetitive music, and all the clowns asking for a battle or shards every two seconds.

Aya, though, seemed not to cooperate with my scheme. We circled the entire place, and yet she was nowhere to be found. I had just started to wonder whether Terra may have sent her flying over the gate to Route 2, when a loud metallic sound startled my thoughts away.

Shelly, Pikachu and I looked at the direction the sound came from at the same time. There we saw a tall man with well-toned muscles talking to a clown. The high striker behind them, I observed, lacked the entire bell on top. The young man was holding a hammer, not unlike Terra’s, so I judged he must've hit and broken the high striker. I was proved right when the clown placed a new bell.

The tall, young man noticed us staring at him and grinned.

“I'd blame the high striker, not me, if I were you. Thing’s way too flimsy. You care to try?”

I declined but Shelly took the hammer. She could barely lift the hammer, much less send the puck elevating more than the lowest line. She returned to me with colored cheeks.

“Well e’eryone has to start somewhere,” the man scratched his head. “These muscles weren't built overnight.”

He flexed both his arms to show us his thick biceps, but then looking at me, added, “well I think you're getting there too. I see your arms are toned.”

I gave him credit for having a good eye- many would just dismiss my arms as weak due to them being thin, but everyone with whom I’ve gotten into a fight with has regretted underestimating me.

b1NwKaR.png

“Anyway, you look like you want something. What's up?”

“You don't happen to have seen a purple-haired girl around here?” I asked.

“There're some dancers and clowns with purple hair, but if you mean a tall skinny girl who came in flying across the sky but a little while ago, then I know where she is.”

He waved his hand for us to follow him, and introduced himself as Samson, the circus strongman. He then talked about how a said ringmaster and him found Aya, who had only started to wake from her sleep.

“Surprisingly, her bones seemed intact. Minor scratches, but nothing major. Even then, ringmaster insisted she be taken to the waiting room, so you'll find her there. Speaking of the ringmaster, there she is,” Samson said, pointing a finger to a girl whose large hat unconsciously reminded me of a certain gym leader. By association, I took an immediate dislike to the ringmaster.

Samson waved at the ringmaster, and she came to join us. Whether she had a name of her own, we wouldn't know because she didn't introduce herself.

“Ah, I don't know what to do,” she said. “It's been a crazy show ever since we had to close off the access to Agate City. Everyone wants to leave but they have nowhere to go, and it doesn't help that the circus wasn't built for long-term stay.”

“Perhaps, um, you could ask Calcenon or Ametrine f-for aid,” Shelly suggested.

“If only they didn't have their hands full with their own problems. A couple of days ago, Team Meteor started attacking Labradorra and Calcenon, and from what I hear, it's a matter of time before Labradorra falls. Ametrine, on the other hand, has been entirely out of our radar- we can't even communicate with them to figure something out.”

Shelly didn't speak for a while after that, but eventually came closer to me and whispered so the other two couldn't hear her.

“Before y-you met us, Cain told me about Heather. She's now under the, um, guardianship of someone… Um, Blake.”

“Yes, I remember Cain telling me too.”

“And he's in Ametrine,” Shelly said with a slightly louder voice, which I fancied a hint of alarm in. “I'm concerned for Heather, if it's true that communication with Ametrine has been blocked. What could be h-happening there?”

I had not the slightest clue, but like every odd event, I assumed Team Meteor would be involved. My only hope was that Heather wouldn't be so headstrong as to beat all of our foes prior to my arrival.

We entered the largest tent in the circus, and we found Cain as well as the target of Terra’s “taming”.

“Ciel, this is Vanilla and Shelly. They're here to see the sky fall girl,” Samson introduced us.

t5l2y19.png

“Hello, I'm the spotlit starlet of the Agate Circus speciality show. Nice to meet you, darlings,” Ciel smiled. “And about the girl, I was just talking to Cain here who is her brother. I’m sure it'll make you happy to know she's now fully awake, albeit with a headache.”

“Not a surprise, given she had a rough landing,” Samson shrugged. “Let's head to the waiting room.”

We went up a flight of stairs, and found Aya lying on a worn-out couch.

“It appears she's taking a nap,” Ciel noted.

“She slept for god knows how long and she's still sleepy? No wonder she never woke up without me slapping her awake,” Cain shook his head.

“I can hear you, you know,” Aya said.

Apparently she was just lying with her eyes closed but not actually sleeping. She sat back up right, but brought her hand to her forehead as soon as she did.

“Don't force yourself, dear,” Ciel said.

“No, I'm ok. It's just I have a terrible headache, but I'm also tired of sleeping.”

“Tired of sleeping? Girls and their first world problems.”

“Can you for once shut up?” Aya snapped at Cain, and the latter raised both hands to plead innocent.

Aya sighed and looked at each of us.

“Vanilla, right? It's been a while, I guess.”

Aya’s face didn't show any hint of pleasure on seeing me. It was expected, given we had only met each other in one occasion, and that had been a literal slap in the face. Her gaze moved from me to the girl standing next to me.

“Lilac-hair girl, what’s your name?”

“S-Shelly,” she blurted out. “Um, nice to meet y-you. I’m, um, a gym leader too.”

“I see. Yes, I’m a gym leader too. Not that I volunteered to do the job, or anything like it.”

Aya’s remark was directed to Cain, but received no comments back. Aya wasn’t distraught by that, but once again took a look at us.

“Where’s Hardy? If I remember correctly, I was on my way to see his gym, but the next thing I knew I found myself in this room.”

EoX81mC.png

“Would that be the other flying human?” Samson asked.

“Flying human?”

Ciel interrupted Samson, and with good reason, for Aya probably needed not know how she had been shot across the sky by a giant mallet.

“Don’t mind that. Actually, we have reason to believe that Hardy is probably lying unconscious, like you were, somewhere in Route 2.”

“What? How? Well that doesn’t matter, I’ll go find him,” Aya said, attempting to stand up but crumbling to the floor one second later. I offered to pick her up, but she pushed me away and instead received Ciel’s help.

“Don't exert yourself like that. You’re too weak to go looking for your boyfriend now,” Cain said. 

“Boyfriend? S-Shut up, he isn’t my boyfriend,” Aya stuttered. “I’m just worried about him because he was being kind to me, that’s all.”

“Aww, it’s okay, Aya. Surely he’s alright. Let one of us find him.”

“Ciel, Samson and I have to return to the circus to put on a show for the bored people here,” the ringmaster noted. “I think, though, that Miss Aya shouldn’t be left alone. I’m no doctor, but plenty of water, food and rest should help you recover… unfortunately there isn’t much medicine other than painkillers, but here you have if you need them.”

The ringmaster pushed a box of painkillers onto Cain’s hand. The three circus people then paid their best wishes to Aya and went away to do their jobs.

“Vanilla, can you go find Hardy? Shelly and I can stay here to look after Aya.”

“Um, me too?” Shelly asked with a barely hearable voice.

“Hehe, I just thought she might enjoy your company more than she would mine,” Cain scratched his cheek. “Do you mind?”

“N-no, not at all.”

“I also don’t mind getting a break from all this silly music,” I confirmed even though I wasn’t asked for confirmation.

“Then, it’s all set. Please find and rescue Aya's prince in distress, Vanilla.”

I headed out of the room where the siblings started fighting with each other. Pikachu climbed up my shoulder, and rested his disguise's head on my cheek. Standing just outside the waiting room, listening to the wasteland siblings and the funky circus music, I contemplated for a good moment whether I really should come back to this horrible place after I’d found the missing redhead.

Spoiler
  • Shelly (-1): 7/10 Her attitude puzzled me today.
  • Terra (-1): -1/10 Way too many innuendos.
  • Samson: 4/10 Cares too much about his strength, but that isn't a bad thing, is it?
  • Ringmaster: 2/10 Silly hat.
  • Ciel: 4/10 Average, don't have an opinion on her.

TEAM RECAP

Spoiler

Jhq11n3.png3nU5vnw.pngZwlwOip.pngwMWzOSo.png6W904Zc.pngrPQzpZa.pngcKRZ0SV.pngmVbdRNr.pngRgIa56L.pngkg2qwuq.pngJ6TwArN.pngsNmVTp0.png

Also, I see dat sweet 18k views bois and gurls. Thx for the support~

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Corso said:

SHELLY 10/10

How to look after Shelly:

Step 1: pat head

Step 2: hug

Step 3: never leave alone

:3

Also on a side note, I took 10 mins off my day to save this thread as PDF and its formatting is ugly but even more ugly is the number of pages - 565! wtf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Candy said:

“So I’m guessing you’re one of the clowns, then?” Cain asked Terra, and Shelly giggled under her breath.

WRONG. I’M A FIERCE AND MIGHTY LION TAMARRRRRAWR!!!,” she corrected with a voice that likely woke up all the napping children. “I also tame Ciel, if u know what I mean.”

“Um, Ciel?” Shelly asked, and it forced me to say something to this psycho.

“No, I don’t know what you mean and don’t have any reason to know,” I said. “Now, will you do us a favor and return to your lion taming responsibilities?”

Terra batted her eyes, as though she hadn’t expected me to speak thus.

“Wait, she hasn’t told us where Aya is, yet,” Cain said.

Terra curved the ends of her lips and narrowed her eyes.

“So u want me to stay. Aww yehhh das sweet of u pretty boi,” she said as she took one step closer to Cain just as he took one step backwards by reflex. “Anyweigh, yo friendlypeeps prolly fell ‘round this joint somewhere. I’m gonna go hit the showerzzzz but call me anytime babeh and we can have some fun together.”

That last part was directed to Cain, who replied with a dry “sure will do”.

Once she was out of our sight, e sighed.

“At last some spiritual peace. She’ll be waiting for my call for a long time, that’s for sure.”

“I thought, um, that you two would get along,” Shelly commented.

I smirked, for I saw Cain’s dissatisfied face from the corner of my eye. I saw Shelly’s anxious face too, and she apologized for making an off-handed remark.

“No worries~ I guess we do have some very few similarities, but only a very few. Anyways, shall we get going? I think we can find Aya quickly if we split up, but I’d say you two go together so Shelly doesn’t get lost in the huge crowd hehe~.”

We entered the largest tent in the circus, and we found Cain as well as the target of Terra’s “taming”.

😏

😹

Shelly is so precious 💜

• Like 1

I guess Aya is still salty about Vanilla's lecture ouch, I was wondering why her character rates didn't change...guess refusing her help didn't earn her a negative point *shrug*

Kinda excited about Vanilla meeting Titania,will she like her? Will she get put off by Titania killing Meteor grunts? How will Vanilla's and Hardy's second meeting end up? so HYPED (≧∇≦)ノ

and poor Ringmaster for getting a bad rating because she looks like Radomus

ALSO #ProteccShelly she is too pure for this world (´▽`ʃ❤ƪ)

Edited by Angelkitsune
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I guess Aya is still salty about Vanilla's lecture ouch, I was wondering why her character rates didn't change...guess refusing her help didn't earn her a negative point *shrug*

The whole reason Vanilla lectured Aya last time was because she didn't fight back at Fern's very obvious disrespect (“If you don’t fight for respect, you’ll never earn it ... And if you don’t earn respect, then you’re as pathetic as Fern.” from Episode 24 holy, it's really been a long time since Aya showed up lol) and Aya refusing Vanilla's help showed she respected herself enough to refuse someone who had - in a mistaken light - teased her (by taunting her to slap Vanilla). But I didn't think this warranted a +1 point, given that Aya's attitude doesn't seem to have changed much (“I see. Yes, I’m a gym leader too. Not that I volunteered to do the job, or anything like it.”)

and poor Ringmaster for getting a bad rating because she looks like Radomus

Vanilla can't get over Radomus (and Archer for that matter) always having the upper hand xD

On a related note, I hope we get to see more from the Ringmaster in E19~

• Like 1

Helloooo~

That was a nice episode you had there! I really like this pairing. It reminds me a bit of Dawn siding with a more stoic version of Cynthia. This is really cute ❤️ Also, it seems like Vanilla is not out of trouble with Terra. Hope she’ll get better with the whole circus area in general!

Keep up the good work 😉

• Thanks 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 45tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Route 2 had a lot of hills, wild Pokémon… and still some clowns that insisted on battling me. Great.

Otherwise, the way around was alright, even though some parts, particularly those in between small hills, were difficult to traverse due to the ground receding or being unstable in general. The area was quite large though, so I wondered how I could find a single human in all this space. At least I encouraged myself by seeing this in a positive light: if I took long to find Hardy, I won't need to return to clownland for a while.

On the parts where footing was most unstable, Pikachu offered me a hand. Now that he was a mimikyu, he could extend his arms a long distance to provide me support as I navigated the route. It had been those dark long arms that once saved Shelly's life in Iolia tunnels, so I took a moment to thank him for the gesture. Pikachu turned sideways on the spot, and I imagined he was shy for being thanked out of the blue. We carried on with the teamwork like this until a large gap on the path completely prevented us from checking the west side of the route.

“Maybe we can find another way around,” I suggested, and went to the east, to find such other way. Unfortunately, we didn't manage to find neither Hardy nor another way to the west, but found ourselves one level below the gap. If we had a way to rock climb, I could've reached the other side of the broken path, but I didn't and neither did my Pokémon.

Pikachu then pulled on the hem of my skirt, and I turned to see what he needed. I saw him pointing to a nest of… giant crabs?

I thought he was warning me about them, so I took on my defensive stance, but Pikachu approached the crabs like it was the most natural thing to do. Indeed, the crabs, which my pokedex called crustle, had no intention of having us for dinner. Pikachu and the crustle had a small conversation which I, of course, could not understand. Alas, the crustle seemed displeased and left Pikachu to do its thing, and Pikachu came back to me.

“Well? What did you talk about?” I asked, knowing it was foolish to ask a question to someone who speaks in a different language to mine.

Instead of a reply, Pikachu squeaked and jumped on my bag only to press one of my poke balls and release Q of Hearts, my tsareena.

Q of hearts passed a hand through her leafy hair, and looked at Pikachu as he squeaked to her. After another conversation where I had nothing to do, Q of Hearts approached the disinterested crustle, and produced a small leaf which she rolled up in the shape of a flute. She started blowing a pleasant melody on the flute, which made the crustle drowsy and eventually fall asleep in a few minutes. Until then, I had no idea what Pikachu’s scheme was, but once he crawled up my bag again to release all my other pokemon - who invariably pushed me over and licked my face before listening to Pikachu’s commands and surrounding the crustle - I understood that we were about to push the giant crab, which must weigh some 200 kg, to the gap that prevented us from walking in the western direction. The pokemon started pushing and pulling the crustle, and I joined in to help.

eJIFxvu.png

(not pictured: Tsareena blowing the grass whistle, since I don't have an OW sprite for that rip)

After wrestling with the sleeping pokemon for a while, we finally achieved our goal. All my team seemed exceedingly proud of their work, hopping around and giving head bumps to one another.

“Thanks,” I said and scratched my nose. “Now let’s go.”

We found a river flowing down a cascade on the west. I looked down from the edge, and found out that we were directly above North Obsidia Ward, but a little too high up to climb down. Again, what a shame I didn’t have tools for rock climbing… or wall climbing for that matter, since halfway down seemed to be filled with bricks.

Instead, I went up some stairs since it was the only other way left that I hadn’t explored. There was a house up there, resting on the side of a mountain. A lonely place to live, I imagined, but I also guessed it would be nice to live and not be bothered by annoying neighbors.

I turned around since the house was a dead-end. Hardy couldn’t have fallen into a house, could he? However, on further thought, I concluded that if he wasn’t anywhere on Route 2, perhaps the inhabitants of this house may have found him and taken him in, so I knocked on the door.

Half a minute passed but no one opened the door, so I knocked again.

This time, a tall red-headed girl opened the door.

“We aren’t interested,” she said, and almost closed the door on me, but I stuck my foot so she couldn’t.

“I’m looking for a boy, redhead and tan skin. Do you happen to have seen him?”

The girl looked straight down at my face (for she was about one whole head taller than me), and I couldn’t help but wonder whether I’d seen her somewhere before. Her snake-like red eyes made her look angry even though her intentions weren’t clear at this point.

“Come in,” she said, leaving the entrance. “I’m guessing you’re looking for my brother. He’s sleeping upstairs.”

“You’re Hardy’s sister?” I asked, and she nodded without looking back at me.

I concluded that it hadn’t been the case that I’d seen her somewhere, but that I was confused by the sibling resemblance between Hardy and her.

I went inside, where I was greeted by a bunch of papers and clothes scattered everywhere. Other than that, there in the living room I found a blue girl I was blanking on the name of. I believed she was Florinia’s friend and the same girl whom I assisted to get rid of PULSE Muk.

She was watching TV, but her face brightened upon seeing me.

“Vanilla! Oh, it’s been so long. How have you been?” she said, standing up but soon being encouraged to sit back down by redhead’s touch on her shoulder. “Do you remember me? I’m Amaria. I’m happy that now you can meet my love, Titania.”

RW30y7t.png

“Excuse the mess. We weren’t expecting visitors,” Titania said, picking up one piece of clothing from the couch.

I told them not to bother cleaning up, because I had only come to bring Hardy to Agate Circus and would be gone before they knew it. Titania followed me up the stairs, and I found Hardy sleeping on the couch. His hair had some dirt particles on it, but if he’d been sleeping on the ground, his face had been thoroughly wiped.

“I found him sleeping in a puddle of mud face down. I knew he was a heavy sleeper, but this was a new low,” Titania said. “Let me through.”

She passed in front of me, and started using wake-up slaps on Hardy. Took him more than a couple of slaps for him to wake up, however.

“Ow ow, I’m awake now. Stop it,” Hardy said, using his arms as shields. “Huh? It’s you sis. I shoulda guessed. Oh and Vanilla, was it? Hello.”

“Are you able to walk? Aya and the others are waiting for you in Agate Circus,” I told him.

“Aya?” Titania asked, but she was directing the question to her brother instead of me.

“Aya is the new poison gym leader. Last thing I remember is that I was in Agate City to show her my gym,” he explained. “But… I don’t know what happened after that. My memory is blank.”

“You certainly know how to treat a lady,” Titania sneered.

“Shove off, sis. Now, Vanilla. Let’s head to the circus then.”

Hardy stood up from the couch with some pain as expected, and headed down the stairs with haste. I followed him, but not with as much speed, and Titania followed behind me.

Just as I was going down the stairs, what was appearing on the TV caught Hardy and my attention. It was the voice of Gossip Gardevoir, telling us some breaking news, which provided a clean follow up to what the Ringmaster had told Shelly and me earlier.

“Hello, Reborn! I’m here in Calcenon City with Dragon Leader Saphira, where a sudden showdown has just taken form!” Gardevoir’s tone was perhaps too excited for a negative news report. “In a sudden uprising, the evil organization known as Team Meteor has completely seized control of Labradorra City. However, resistance is taking shape in Calcenon City on the part of some of Reborn’s strongest trainers!”

7nEapbr.png

Saphira was asked to comment on the situation, and the camera zoomed on her face. Her expression was stern as per the usual.

“I’m not interested in negotiating with them,” she said. “We’ll find a way around the barrier and take back the hostages.”

“All the while you keep your sisters in safety, and encourage everyone else to risk their lives, is that not so, Saphira?” I mumbled. Titania heard me, but she made no comment.

Gardevoir talked further on the barrier Team Meteor had set up in between Labradorra and Calcenon, which appeared to be the doing of another PULSE.

“Can anything break the forcefield around Labradorra? What will happen to the resistance in Calcenon? Stay tuned to find out!” was Gardevoir’s closure to the topic.

“The PULSE… It’s just like with that muk,” Amaria commented.

“We oughta join the resistance and lend a helping hand,” Hardy said, all worked up. 

“Don’t,” said Titania, who was standing next to me.

“Whaddya mean ‘don’t’? We can’t just let Team Meteor do whatever they want,” her brother snapped back.

“Don’t force unwilling people to go, Hardy,” I said. “It’s better for you if you don’t have people half-assing the resistance.”

Titania raised an eyebrow at my comment, but chose to ignore it.

“Don’t get involved. Nothing good will come out from it,” she said to Hardy, but he shrugged in his turn.

“Whatever ya say, sis. Vanilla, let’s go,” he said and stormed out of the house.

I was about to follow him, when Amaria stopped me.

“If you’re planning to join the resistance as well, you’ll need the HM for Surf to cross the river and get to Ametrine mountain. Calcenon is close to the north exit of the mountain,” she informed me. “The HM is under my possession, but you won’t be able to wield it unless you obtain a gym badge from one of the Agate Circus leaders.”

“I believe we got a promotional Battle Pass to fight one of them earlier this week,” Titania noted, and started looking through the many scraps of paper that were lying on the floor and pretty much everywhere else. She finally found what she was looking for, and shoved the paper onto my hand.

“It’s a ticket to fight Samson,” she yawned. “As you can see, they’re dumb enough to send a Battle Pass to two Gym leaders, so I’m sure beating him won’t be an issue.”

“Don’t be so harsh, Tania. They’re probably hurting for business what with Agate City shutting down, and everyone being so bored,” Amaria said.

“The man doesn’t seem to have anything more than his physical strength going, as far as I saw,” I shrugged. “A little strategy will easily trump him over.”

Titania smirked briefly.

“Anyway, come back once you’ve beaten Samson, and we’ll give you the HM for Surf.”

“Good luck Vanilla~”

I nodded once and headed out of the house, where Hardy was waiting for me.

“What took you so long? Let’s go, let’s go,” he said, practically jumping down the rocky stairs.

For most of the way back, Hardy went ahead of me by far, and sometimes I found him waiting for me with impatience written on his forehead. Yet, I had no interest in hurrying up to return, even if I was looking forward to my gym battle.

Spoiler
  • Amaria (+1): 5/10 Was understanding even though I intruded in her home.
  • Titania: 3/10 Too early to judge her, but overall she doesn't seem to be the type of person I don't hate. Still, she found me a battle pass.
  • Hardy (+/-0): 3/10

QUICK LINK TO YA BOOTY, I MEAN, NEXT EPISODE

• Like 6

Wow I never thought that you can use other methods to put crustle to sleep and Pikachu is kawaai as usual (´▽`ʃ❤ƪ),and I guess Vanilla don't have enough strength to pick up a pickle jar if she needs all of her pokemon to push the crustle ( ´・・)ノ(._.`)pat pat .Anywayzz,First meeting of Titania...so far so good only a 3/10.But everyone knows what is gonna happen when Vanilla comes to get the Surf TM.

Vanilla is reluctant to go back to the circus, while Hardy want to go back to meet his girlfriend, and I can't wait to see my purple(and Lilac)haired children again.

next ep is a gym battle with Samson how hard is it for Vanilla to beat him ( •̀ ω •́ )y STAY TUNED TO FIND OUT!!! wait why am I talking like a tv commercial ?

• Haha 2