From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

@Candy I know I haven't followed the forums for a while, but Pikachu is back 😄 

Quite an emotional moment! And quite a lovely sprite too...

I'm so glad he returned! Even as a Ghost :') 

Fairy too tho, since he sacrificed his life to save Vanilla!

• Like 1

On 7/14/2018 at 3:59 AM, Lost Swordsman said:

Was that Pachirisu's skin on Mimikyu?

Pikachu came back as... Vanilla's fear?

Maybe she won't be afraid of ghosts anymore (or would she?)

Not skin lul but the patterns are of a pachirisu. I'm planning on writing some short stories and one of them is involved with Pikachu so maybe that'll make things clear + fit all the goddamn puzzle pieces I threw at y'all but weren't effective cause I'm dumb writer rip

Hehe the whole reason Pikachu stalked Vanilla for the whole of Season 2 was because he feared her rejection since he was now a ghost type.

I didn't write it in explicitly, but Vanilla said she wouldn't be afraid of a friend's ghost.

20 hours ago, Harryd1998 said:

Out of all the mons you had. What ones did you enjoy using the most and best team

Both ninetales and lycanroc were the best imo though klefki is fun to use and sawsbuck has a very good move pool imo 😊

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Pikachu's Story Part 1 of 3tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

When Pikachu woke up, he was lying face down on the ground. He saw that it was dark, but judging from the tickling sensation on his eyes, he realised he wasn’t in Blacksteam Factory anymore. Only minutes did it take him to remember his last moments, when he had jumped in between his friend and their foe in an attempt to save her life.
Why he was still alive, was a question he could not answer.
Pikachu stood up and dusted himself, but to his dismay, he noticed his arms and hands were pitch black and quite long. He was confused and scared. 

“Boo,” said a voice behind him, and it startled him so much, he thought he would die on the spot.

When he turned around, though, he saw a shuppet laughing in his face.
“Look at your face, it’s priceless!” said the shuppet, who wouldn’t stop laughing.
“That wasn’t nice,” Pikachu scolded. “You don’t even know me, and yet play pranks on me.”

“Hehe, I won’t apologise. I think it was hilarious.”
“You are a ghost pokemon, but you don’t seem scary at all.”
“The same I could say about you,” the shuppet said, and twirled above Pikachu. “You’re a new ghost pokemon though, aren’t you?”
“Me? I’m an electric type.”
“An electric type mimikyu? That’d certainly be new for me,” the shuppet giggled.
Then, Pikachu inspected himself. He had already found out about the oddity of his arms, which he could extend to great lengths. With them, he pulled on his ears, on which he had no sensation. He pulled them until he heard a ripping sound, and the roughly colored-in face of a mimikyu swinged into his face.

“A mimikyu who rips his own disguise is also new for me,” the shuppet giggled again.
“Wha-what is this? I’m a pachirisu. Why am I wearing a mimikyu’s disguise?”

“You got lucky,” the shuppet concluded. “Not everyone has the luck to be reincarnated into a ghost pokemon. I don’t know why it happens, but some people and pokemon, upon death of their original bodies, turn into ghost pokemon.”
Pikachu batted his eyes.
“So you’re saying that I died?” he asked with much apprehension.

“Yeppie yep. Look up here.”
Pikachu looked in the direction that the shuppet hopped to. It was a tombstone with just one word engraved in very messy handwriting: Pikachu.
It was bizarre to be standing right on his own tomb. The ground was firm, but he noticed that it was less grassy where he was standing than his surroundings. He judged his body must not have been buried for very long.
“Have you seen my friend Vanilla? She has silvery hair and pale skin.”

“Yeppie yep. She was the one who came to bury you. I was hiding on my tombstone, hoping to startle her, but my my, she was making such scary faces, I got scared and couldn’t dare come out!”
Shuppet’s comment made Pikachu smile a little under his cloth.
“Do you happen to know where she is now?” he asked, though he knew that might be a stretch.

“Noppie nope. She left, and I haven’t seen her around again yet,” the shuppet said. “It’s been a couple of days since she was here though. I don’t know if you’ll find her, but try searching the city, maybe?”
So Pikachu gave his thanks to his prankster acquaintance, and started searching for Vanilla.

While he was searching everywhere for her, though, he met various wild pokemon. Some scurried away at the sight of him, and others were much kinder and helped him in his search. One of such encounters was when he met a female nidoran who introduced him to her friend leavanny.

“Hello Ynnie, do you have a moment?” the nidoran asked as she entered leavanny’s nest.
“Yes I do,” Ynnie the leavanny stood up from a pile of leaves. “I was just finishing up a dress for Mandy. What is it, Nina?”
“Pikachu here is a friendly ghost type pokemon, and would definitely appreciate your help,” Nina the nidoran explained. “See this? The disguise’s neck is broken.”
Ynnie approached Pikachu, and quickly inspected the lesion.
“Oh, the cloth is torn. I see…” Ynnie fell silent for a moment, as she thought what could be done.
“Is it difficult to repair?” Pikachu asked shyly. “I don’t want to trouble you much.”
Ynnie patted the disguise’s shoulder, which was where Pikachu’s head was.

“Don’t stress. There isn’t a better tailor in these parts of Malchous Forest,” Nina answered for Ynnie, who was still pensive. “Especially after many left for Aventurine at the wake of the destructive vines.”
Finally, Ynnie snapped back to reality.
“I don’t think it will look good if I try to mend it with just thread, as the cut is too large and the mended area will be visible,” she said. “I propose we make you a new disguise from scratch.”
“Wouldn’t that be too much work? I’m fine if it isn’t perfect, as it was my fault it was torn to begin with.”
Ynnie tightened her lips and shook her head sideways.

“That isn’t permissible at all,” she replied. “I only make things I can be proud of, and I couldn’t be proud of a half-assed job.”
What Ynnie decided was final. Pikachu was to have a brand-new disguise.
As part of the designing process, Ynnie asked Pikachu about his background, and as he told her that he was looking for his friend and that he had been a pachirisu prior to his recent death, the logical conclusion for Ynnie was to make a disguise that mimicked a pachirisu instead of a pikachu.
Of course, the disguise-making process wasn’t fast, but with Nina and Pikachu’s help, Ynnie managed to complete the job in one and a half days.

“Hope you like it,” Ynnie said with a very leavanny-like wide smile.
Pikachu changed into the new disguise, but he insisted that Ynnie and Nina wait outside of the nest, because he worried the rumours about mimikyu would prove true, and he would bring misfortune to any who saw his bare self.
When the two girls entered back in, Nina squealed at Pikachu’s new look.

“It looks fantastic,” she said as she circled around him.
“Yes, now your friend will be able to tell you apart from all other mimikyus, too,” Ynnie added.
Pikachu was both embarrassed by Nina’s compliments, and very thankful to both of them for their hard work. He would always remember their generosity.
When Pikachu parted from Ynnie’s nest, he promised he would one day return the favour.

Another encounter came about by coincidence. 
The sun was starting to set, and the streetlights and houselights were turning on. He had just entered Peridot Ward, after a Pidgey told him he had seen a trainer with Vanilla’s description wandering about Peridot earlier, when he was flying up to Jasper Ward. As he searched the area in the northern part of the ward, however, he ended up scaring more than one passerby.
In one instance, a lady screamed loudly and dropped her groceries.

“Lucky me, to pass by just now,” said someone from the shadows of Blacksteam Factory.
“W-who’s there?” Pikachu retorted.
The owner of the voice stepped up, but the fox pokemon, of similar size to Pikachu, was as black as the shadows that had surrounded him.

“I’m Zorua, but I’m sure you knew that,” he said.

Pikachu didn’t question his name, for he was aware that most wild pokemon chose not to give themselves nicknames. In fact, he had once just been Pachirisu, before Vanilla gave him his name.
Zorua started picking up as many groceries as he could hold.

“The rest is yours,” he shrugged. “Who’d have thought changing a mimikyu’s disguise to look like a pachirisu would be so effective in scaring people.”
“Um, am I really that scary?” Pikachu wondered aloud, without hiding his disappointment. He’d thought his new disguise was well-made, and would prove helpful in allowing Vanilla to recognise him among other mimikyus.
“I don’t know, but it seems to be the case for humans at least,” Zorua said, and used illusion to look like Pikachu in the blink of an eye. “I’ll be off scaring some more people for food, bye.”
“Wait,” Pikachu stopped him. “Have you seen a female trainer with pale skin and silvery hair?”
“Can’t say I have. Is she your trainer?”
“Well, not exactly. The thing is…”
Pikachu took a moment to explain his situation to Zorua, but his listener wasn’t amazed at him being the reincarnation of a pachirisu.

“I know some ghosts types around here, and a good number of them are reincarnations of other pokemon,” Zorua said. “That said, I’d recommend you desist from looking for your trainer.”
“Eh? Why is that?”
“You’d just be wasting your time,” Zorua clarified. “Your trainer probably moved on after your death, and it’d do you no good to get rejected.”
Pikachu remained silent, so Zorua added, “I know a few ghosts who looked for their trainers, and were disappointed when their trainers either didn’t recognise them or got spooked and ran off. They now wander about cursing people and pokemon.”
Pikachu sighed, for even if he doubted Vanilla would not recognise him, he was still a ghost. He remembered more than one instance in which Vanilla expressed a fear of ghosts.
“I can’t just give up,” he said after consideration. “I have to see for myself if that’s how Vanilla will react.”

“Well, I won't stop you. Suit yourself,” Zorua said, taking his eyes off Pikachu. “You’ll soon learn that trainers are just selfish and immature, and they just use us pokemon for their gain.”

Zorua then ran off with his share of food.

QUICK LINK TO PIKACHU'S STORY 2 OF 3

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Just now, J-Awesome_One said:

Well... This was unexpected. Nice job on this! 😄

Thanks~ I just figured there were some peepos who didn't get my subtle hints (rip me) so I'd clear some stuff up + expand more in a side story lel

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I kept getting Mystery Dungeon vibes from this tbh. xD

Great!! because that's exactly what I was imagining while writing xD too bad there was wae too much dialogue to add you know square pics of the speakers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Pikachu's Story Part 2 of 3tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Yaa I know it was supposed to be 2 parts but like, I realized there was no way I could do it in 2 parts so it's now 3 parts. Me changing things abruptly is story of my life, frens.

Pikachu headed south to Lower Peridot Ward, for he had finished his search in the north. While he devoted his attention to the search, he also lent an ear to any Pokemon who confirmed having seen Vanilla recently.

Spoiler

51b50623897a7ff420e9429b2fbe330f.png

“Oh, you’re looking for the sleepwalker?” an Alolan meowth asked as he yawned. “I’ve seen her, but ehh, I’ll tell ya more details if you’d give me that can of food you’re holding.”

Pikachu wasn’t hungry, so he didn’t hesitate to give the meowth the can. It was part of the groceries the spooked woman from earlier had dropped, so it wasn’t even his to begin with. The meowth threw three pellets into his mouth.

“That girl’s been walking around here and there the past few days at night,” Pikachu heard the cat Pokemon say, even through all the crunching and chewing sounds. “I bet she also goes around Jasper and Beryl too, but I’m not there so I couldn’t tell ya.”

“And do you know where she’s now?”

“Well, judging from the sunset, I’d say she’s reachin’ Mosswater Factory. She does stay a while there, as far as I’ve seen.”

Pikachu thanked the meowth for the information, but the meowth said no more as he started to dive into the can of food.

Alas, as the meowth had said (not that he didn’t believe him, but still), Pikachu found Vanilla sitting on a rock in front of the factory. As she was looking at the fence to her right, she didn’t take notice that Pikachu watched her from a sinistral angle. Her face seemed a little stiffer than usual, but other than that she was the same Vanilla he had journeyed with.

Before he could make up his mind on whether to approach her or not, though, he heard footsteps approaching and he retreated a little more into the factory’s shadow. The footsteps belonged to three girls a little older than Vanilla, whom he recognized as Julia, Florinia and Amaria.

“I would prefer to remain without unsolicited company,” Vanilla said upon seeing them. Her voice was as dry as it had ever been, but it was refreshing for Pikachu to hear her voice again.

He listened on, as Julia and Amaria both failed at their attempts to cheer Vanilla up, and later as Florinia convinced her to focus on her goals to become a stronger Pokemon trainer. Pikachu did not particularly appreciate Florinia’s efforts, for he feared Vanilla might forget him once she resumed her activities as a trainer. He could almost hear what Zorua had said to him earlier…

“Your trainer will probably move on, and it’ll do you no good to get rejected,” said a voice right behind him, which startled him even greater than when the shuppet had snuck up on him. Pikachu turned around and found his reflection, however it turned out not to be his reflection, but Zorua disguised as him.

“Remember me?” Zorua asked.

Spoiler

zorua_by_xous54.png

“Of course,” Pikachu replied, his heart still beating too fast. “But please don’t sneak on me like that. Remember I’m a ghost Pokemon now, and Shadow Sneak is super-effective.”

Zorua smirked, and then took a peek on Vanilla and the three girls who were leaving her.

“Is that your traveling companion? Your descriptions of her are too accurate, I’d say.”

“What are you doing here, Zorua?”

“Let’s just say I was intrigued,” the black-fur Pokemon scratched his ear. “Even though I said a lot of harsh but realistic things back when we met, I have to admit part of me wants to believe otherwise. I want to believe trainers see us as valued friends, not just disposable commodities to get what they want. I know it sounds stupid. I’ve told myself so countless times- every time an abandoned Pokemon tried to reunite with a trainer that turned a cold shoulder on them, every time a Pokemon found themselves replaced by another with better stats, and every time a ghost Pokemon self-fulfilled their prophecy of becoming a haunting, cold-blooded monster.”

Pikachu fell silent, for he didn’t know what to say. He just looked at Zorua with growing admiration. It must have had been difficult for him to keep wanting to believe, even when the odds were slim.

Zorua didn’t outwardly request it, but Pikachu allowed him to tag along. Pikachu needed to muster up his courage to face Vanilla, and Zorua had to see Vanilla’s behavior. The moment when she betrayed the fact that she forgot all about her supposedly-dead companion, it would only be one more addition to his growing list of disappointments.

The two Pokemon traveled to Apophyll, asking a favor to wild grimers that inhabited Azurine Lake. Vanilla lowering her upper body and extending her arm as a habit, right after the match with Cal, left a strong impression on Zorua.

“I’d love to crawl up her arm once again,” said Pikachu, but moved no inch out of a rock’s shadow.

“It would definitely surprise her, but not sure whether in a good or bad way,” Zorua shrugged.

“I know. I’ll be patient.”

Later on, they also went to Azurine Island, then back to Reborn City into the toxic Byxbyson Wastelands. Vanilla seemed quite animated, but Pikachu noticed a hint of either nostalgia or despondence in her voice when he heard her recount her encounter with King, her predecessor. She talked in a quiet voice but aloud as she walked towards Beryl Cemetery that evening, even though there was nobody in particular she was aiming her monologue to. It made Pikachu happy as he felt she was talking to none other than him (which was soon confirmed when she stopped right in front of his tombstone), even if the content of what she spoke of wasn’t cheerful in any sense.

“So your traveling companion was in a terrorist group back where she’s from? Am I understanding correctly?” Zorua batted his eyes, for he couldn’t believe Vanilla would be that sort of girl.

Pikachu made an awkward smile under his cloth. It was rude to assume things based on appearance, but he had to agree on this point.

“Did you even know she was a terrorist?” Zorua blurted out.

“No, I knew there was something off about her behavior. The way she used to beat up everyone who stood in her way when she first arrived to this region was rather bizarre, and there was also that time when she met the leader of the Aqua Gang,” Pikachu said. “But she was kind to me and treated her Pokemon well. You could tell she is a good person really.”

“I don’t know about you, but I like to side with people who do good in a less controversial way,” Zorua shook his head, and hesitated to continue his sentence, but carried on nonetheless. “I… had a trainer once. He envisioned a world where Pokemon would be liberated from the slavery that humans had imposed on us. I followed him for that reason, but ended up liking him a little too much. I guess we couldn’t share the same view anymore, because I started to think humans and Pokemon should be together.”

Zorua laughed.

“Now I still want to believe I’m right, even if I have been bombarded with reasons to believe otherwise. Let’s see how your case with this terrorist girl goes, alright?”

Spoiler

38236721_293587737889393_298438765231000

They went down to the Underground Railnet, and it made Pikachu a little jealous when Shelly’s illumise took his “spot” as Vanilla’s traveling companion.

“I guess it can get lonely traveling alone, though,” Pikachu murmured to himself. “I understand. I understand.”

Later they followed the kids to Tanzan Cove, then Vanilla to Spinel Town, and to Aventurine Woods, but then they lost sight of her with all the tall grass and darkness provided by the forestry’s shadows. 

“Where did she go?” Zorua asked as they exited to forest into Route 1, but too far on the east to see that Vanilla was also walking on the same route.

“I guess we should look around further east, and then go inspect the west,” Pikachu suggested, and so they did.

As such, they actually reached Vanhanen Castle prior to Vanilla making it there. Gardevoir was outside dancing in the light rain, when she saw the two of them clear the labyrinth.

“Look who we have here,” she said. “If it isn’t Pikachu, the pachirisu-turned-mimikyu, and Zorua, an immigrant from the Unova region~”

Both Pikachu and Zorua were stunned by Gardevoir already knowing about them.

“Don’t be so alarmed, little friends. I assure you no stalking was involved… maybe!” She giggled. “Anyhow, what may I do for you two on this lovely day?”

It was far from lovely, thought Pikachu as he looked down on his dirty hem, but said nothing about it.

“Um, nothing. We were just looking for someone,” Pikachu explained.

“By any chance you’re referring to Vanilla, the unexpected heroine of Reborn?”

Pikachu got a sense that he could never hide anything from this Gardevoir.

“Ah, I thought you looked familiar,” Zorua finally said. “Aren’t you Gossip Gardevoir? The one who appears on TV?”

Spoiler

latest?cb=20161005194015

“The one and only, at your service~” Gardevoir twirled around, and her skirt flapped.

Zorua briefly explained to Pikachu that she was famous for holding interviews with humans, since very few Pokemon could communicate with people.

“I know a librarian Pokemon who can also communicate via telepathy like me,” she clarified. “So it’s mostly a few psychic types that have polished the skill to do it.”

Pikachu then had the idea to ask her a favor- one thing he could not do because of his lack of telepathic ability.

“I want to join Vanilla as her traveling companion again, but am too scared to do so now,” Pikachu said in a low voice. “But I would feel more confident if I knew the answer to a question.”

Gardevoir, naturally curious about questions, was all ears to what he had to say.

“I know she is afraid of ghosts, but the question is, would she be afraid of a friend’s ghost?”

“So all you want me to do is ask her that question? Alright~ Leave it all to me~”

Pikachu thanked her for her kindness, and was about to leave with Zorua to look for Vanilla, when Gardevoir stopped them.

“She will be reaching our castle soon,” she said. “Why don’t you wait inside?”

Zorua was eager to go inside and get his paws off the muddy dirt, but Pikachu refused in their behalf. He preferred to wait outside, in a hidden place, and go in whenever he deemed right- right after Gardevoir asked the key question. Zorua wasn’t happy about the decision, but followed Pikachu as he had decided on his own to tag along.

“I hope all this effort will pay off,” he said, cleaning his paws on the humid grass.

Pikachu nodded. If Vanilla answered a short “no” to Gardevoir’s question, he would be liberated from the trepidation… however such opportunity did not present itself until much, much later.

QUICK LINK TO PIKACHU'S STORY 3 OF 3

• Like 5

Ahh! This is back! Sort of! Maybe! Idk! But I love it. I wasn't expecting the Zorua to be N's though. Nice touch. Although, I do have a bit of bad news. Pikachu said it would be super effective if it used Shadow Sneak on Zorua... Buuuuut it would be not very effective because it's a Ghost move against a Dark Type Pokemon. Unless I read that wrong... Hmmm. Either way, nice job! 😄

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Ahh! This is back! Sort of! Maybe! Idk! But I love it. I wasn't expecting the Zorua to be N's though. Nice touch. Although, I do have a bit of bad news. Pikachu said it would be super effective if it used Shadow Sneak on Zorua... Buuuuut it would be not very effective because it's a Ghost move against a Dark Type Pokemon. Unless I read that wrong... Hmmm. Either way, nice job! 😄

I think when Pikachu said that Zorua is sneaking up on him it is like a shadow sneak so very supper effective against Mimikyu (≧∇≦)ノ

and wow I never though Pikachu and Zorua will be following Vanilla EVERYWHERE it is very cute especially jealous Pikachu (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Hmm....I wonder if Zorua will join Vanilla's Team because it will be very sad after Pikachu reunited with Vanilla and Zorua will have no companion anymore (;´д`)ゞ

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Hehe it's as back as it'll ever be. Sorry what I meant was that Zorua snuck up to Pikachu which startled him so he said that was like using shadow sneak on him (a ghost type) even though Zorua doesn't learn shadow sneak 😅 I'll edit it later to make it clear 

7 hours ago, Archeric said:

omg yesss

pikachus story yesss

omg this is so sad

what would vanilla do now?

Is it sad? I thought I hadn't gotten to the relatively sad part yet tho hehe

6 hours ago, Angelkitsune said:

I think when Pikachu said that Zorua is sneaking up on him it is like a shadow sneak so very supper effective against Mimikyu (≧∇≦)ノ

and wow I never though Pikachu and Zorua will be following Vanilla EVERYWHERE it is very cute especially jealous Pikachu (~ ̄▽ ̄)~

Hmm....I wonder if Zorua will join Vanilla's Team because it will be very sad after Pikachu reunited with Vanilla and Zorua will have no companion anymore (;´д`)ゞ

Hehe it's because if you paid attention to the images in the main story (Vanilla's), you'll see that there's a Mimikyu hidden in most of them. Iirc I didn't hide one while she was in Aventurine Woods because that's where they briefly separated.

Vanilla won't take Zorua, because Zorua will have other plans for himself 😉

Kudos for this episode! 🙂

Seeing Reborn under a different perspective like this is a catchy way to interpret Pokemon’s will and mind. Who would have imagined how intense and accurate the story of this little Pachirisu who was about to get thrown into muddy waters from the bridge in Opal Ward could be? I like the development of the story so far, and I can’t wait to discover how both Vanilla and Pikachu will feel once in Agate.

Good job~ 😉

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Q-Jei said:

Kudos for this episode! 🙂

Seeing Reborn under a different perspective like this is a catchy way to interpret Pokemon’s will and mind. Who would have imagined how intense and accurate the story of this little Pachirisu who was about to get thrown into muddy waters from the bridge in Opal Ward could be? I like the development of the story so far, and I can’t wait to discover how both Vanilla and Pikachu will feel once in Agate.

Good job~ 😉

A moment of silence for the 99.99% of pachirisus who are boxed immediately after being rescued, never to see the light of day again. #liberatepachirisu

• Sad 2
  • Upvote 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Pikachu's Story Part 3 of 3tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Sure enough, Vanilla made it to Vanhanen Castle with Nilla by her side.

“We should also sneak into the castle, right?” Zorua said, eager to leave the muddy terrain.

“Not yet,” PIkachu said, fearing that Vanilla might see them.

The castle doors slammed shut, and only then it became apparent that they had no way of “sneaking in” as they didn’t have the keys to open the doors. Lucky for them, not much after Vanilla entered, a purple haired lad, one Pikachu identified as Cain, cleared the labyrinth and approached the doors. He knocked, and soon the blonde who guided Vanilla in appeared at the entrance.

“I had totally judged Radomus was a handsome guy from the name,” Cain said. “But I guess a handsome girl will do too. How you doing~”

“Excuse me, I am only but a maid servant,” the girl replied. “My master is whom you look for.”

“Ahaha~ I knew that, oops! Can we pass by the restrooms? I’d like to check how my hair is doing before I meet your… master.”

The two Pokemon took the opportunity to sneak in while the two people talked.

Spoiler

jNLe95C.png184?cb=20160214020209

Unfortunately, Gardevoir who was key to their operation, went missing right after that, and even when she came back and hinted as to a question she had to ask Vanilla after her match with Radomus, the confusion in the darkness which ensued prevented her from doing that either.

Vanilla found herself in a tough spot after Elias broke whatever spell he was under and hampered her way out of the castle. Her Pokemon were mostly fainted thanks to the close match she had with Radomus, so that left her powerless against the foe. Elias called two Meteor agents, who closed off the passageway behind her as well. In such circumstance, the darkness that surrounded them encouraged Pikachu to lunge forward and lend a helping hand to Nilla, without her noticing (she had once caught a glimpse of him in Chrysolia Forest, which startled her). Their collaborative effort, together with Cain’s help, was successful in allowing them to escape.

Clearing the issue with Magma and Aqua gangs was the easiest task in retrospect, for Vanilla had yet to find her way through 7th Street, and she, being as she was, managed to piss off many thugs from whom Pikachu had to ultimately save her from. As Nilla pulled on a half-conscious Vanilla to get her back to Lapis Ward, Pikachu plotted a way to seek help without betraying his plans.

“Zorua, can you use your ability to look like a pachirisu, whose fur changes between blue and pink colors?” he asked.

Instead of a reply, Zorua changed his appearance to look just as Pikachu wanted him to.

“Like this?”

“Perfect. Could you go to Obsidia Ward’s daycare shop and seek help from the pink haired girl at the counter? She is Candy, Vanilla’s cousin. It’s the only person close by whom I know exactly where to find.”

“Ugh,” Zorua sighed. “I am starting to think that all this effort will be in vain.”

Zorua left running, but until that point, Pikachu hadn’t noticed that his companion’s spirits had fallen since the time they started traveling together in Peridot Ward. Why that was the case wasn’t apparent to him till later when he suffered the same fate.

Once Candy was there to take care of Vanilla, all the Pokemon felt relieved. The pink-haired girl wasn’t only dexterous at taking care of and breeding Pokemon, but she was also talented at treating humans. Pikachu had had little contact with her prior to this incident, but was happy to learn more about a person who was arguably the closest human friend Vanilla had. It was perhaps hard to believe the two were cousins, but that just served to highlight the diverging paths the two girls took during the formative years of their lives.

“Shouldn’t we call it quits already?” Zorua said as they continued observing Vanilla exiting 7th Street from afar. “I'm not feeling very well.”

“What’s the matter?”

“I’m starting to get a feeling that your ex-companion has already gotten over losing you,” he sighed. “Gardevoir forgetting to ask her your question was disappointing enough. That just proved to me that not even something as simple as asking a question can remain in someone’s memory for more than a few days.”

Indeed, Gardevoir leaving without Vanilla, Candy and Shelly, and not asking his key question after waiting all that time had left Zorua and him rather listless.

“I think it would be best for both of us to forget all this and resume our lives as wild Pokemon,” Zorua added.

“I know she hasn’t mentioned me in quite a while, but I think we can continue like we have,” Pikachu replied, but realized he was starting to forget the point of their journey. Eventually, he would have to meet Vanilla in person, despite his uncertainty of a good reception. He had made zero progress from the time he started his mission, for he was as uncertain as he had been back then. That thought made his heart sink a little.

“I have enjoyed your company, at least,” Zorua forced a smile. “Try to slowly get around the idea that Vanilla won’t get over her distrust of ghosts, and your time together has passed. That is, try not to lose to despair. I know it’s not much, but you have me. I will show you the ways of wild Pokemon- I promise it can be as exciting as traveling with a human.”

What Zorua wanted to avoid at all costs was to see his friend morph into a cursing monster devoid of reason. He had already witnessed the transformation enough times to know it was not pretty.

Spoiler

mimikyu_crying_by_fireballhd-dbfqo6b.jpg pachrisu counterpart of this

Yet, the more Pikachu started to consider Zorua’s advice, the more he started to feel a mix of rage and sadness as he had never before.

“Pikachu, look out! The ground is shaking!” 

Only with Zorua’s cry did he snap out once, and noticed the dark Iolia tunnel was caving in. He saw that Vanilla made it safely but Shelly was about to fall into the abyss, and quickly extended his long arm to hold her. He made it in time, fortunately, and Shelly was moved to the side of the sinkhole.

“Are you okay?” Zorua asked Pikachu. “Why was your reaction so slow right now?”

However, Pikachu just moved his disguise’s head forward, and his mind slipped back to its own darkness. His ears were so muffled by the sound of his thoughts, that he didn’t even notice that Vanilla mentioned his name exactly once during her one-sided conversation with Shelly. Even with Zorua’s nudges, her voice didn’t reach him.

Zorua’s concerns were becoming a reality, but he had no means of stopping Pikachu’s metamorphosis of sorts. At least Pikachu’s change was slow compared to the other ghost Pokemon he had met- their disappointment came so abruptly, it was only a second before they turned into blood-thirsty monsters.

“Come on, Pikachu. Don’t do this to yourself,” he tried coaxing his friend. “Life isn’t over when your trainer abandons you.”

Pikachu was silent, and only walked at a steady pace in the direction of Vanhanen Labyrinth.

“Forget what I said earlier. Maybe Vanilla’s just the type of human not to show her real feelings openly. Maybe she misses you, but doesn’t show it outwardly, do you understand?”

His efforts were in vain. Pikachu continued moving forward like a broken machine which breaks had malfunctioned, and Zorua followed him diligently until he eyed the lonely castle nearby. He looked at Pikachu and the castle back and forth a couple of times, and chose to play his final move.

“That was a tough match, haha~” Zorua heard Cain’s voice from within and kept running. “You could’ve been a little more gentle, senpai, but I think I enjoyed our game anyways.”

Right then, Zorua jumped into the field, and knocked over a couple of chess pieces as he scrambled up to where Gardevoir was standing.

“Heyy, who’s this little one’s trainer?” Cain asked.

“Wonder if there’s a new challenger coming,” Radomus pondered. “Unfortunately they would have to wait, as I have some pressing business to attend to.”

“Gardevoir, you forgot to ask Pikachu’s question to Vanilla! Please hurry, she’ll be exiting the hidden access to Iolia anytime soon,” Zorua said quickly, with noises that to everyone except Gardevoir sounded something between a dog’s barking and a cat’s hissing.

“Oh, I’m so sorry I forgot to,” Gardevoir gasped. “I can’t believe I could forget something like asking a question to an interviewee! Sorry master, give me one second to conduct an impromptu interview~”

So Gardevoir and Zorua left running together, the little furry creature taking the lead.

The two Pokemon made it before Vanilla and Shelly exited the secret passage under the tree. Zorua instantly turned into a Kecleon, so that Vanilla would not see him, but he could listen to her answer to the question. Not once had Zorua been so stressed as the moment when Gardevoir asked Vanilla the question and a silence ensued, which he felt as though it lasted ages.

“A friendly ghost? Could such a thing exist?” was Vanilla’s reply.

Zorua’s heart sunk. That was the end for his friend.

… Or so he thought.

“Um, are you alright, Vanilla?” he heard Shelly ask after some time. Upon looking up, Zorua noticed the blank expression on Vanilla’s face. Only her brows seemed to gradually form a deep furrow on her forehead. Suddenly, she blinked twice and pulled out her bike (don’t ask me how).

“Shelly, go ahead to Agate City and wait for me in the Pokemon Center,” she said with haste. “I’m heading to Beryl Ward for a little while. There is someone I have to see.”

She left them and began biking at top speed down Route 1.

“What happened t-to her?” Shelly asked Gardevoir, but the humanoid Pokemon only showed her a mischievous wink.

Zorua asked a wingull for a ride to Beryl Ward, and happened to find Pikachu just entering the ward himself. He made a note of where Pikachu headed to- a narrow path between two buildings near the Pokemon Center- and waited for Vanilla to come, since he wasn’t sure where exactly she would head to. She came in biking and sweating, but passed by him without paying the least attention to him, so it became his task to follow her by feet.

At some point, he lost sight of her, but only a brief search was necessary to find her standing in front of Pikachu’s grave. She appeared confused, for the grave was, indeed, untouched.

“Dummy, you’re confusing ghosts and zombies,” Zorua chuckled, as he changed his appearance into something that was surely going to grab her attention: a pachirisu with alternating fur colors.

The rest is history. Zorua showed Vanilla the way, and she came in just in time before Pikachu tore off his disguise. He stood back, and hoped against hope that it wasn’t too late.

“Pikachu…” Vanilla’s raspy voice directed at the pachirisu-looking mimikyu had an effect on him. His dead eyes started to glitter, and his movements seemed less robotic, especially when he approached Vanilla’s extended hand.

Spoiler

fe30b3bb32bc7d083d2b1967031ee933.jpgagain pachirisu counterpart of this

That was the last Zorua saw of Pikachu and Vanilla. Later, Pikachu looked for him to give him his thanks and for him to personally meet his once-more traveling companion, but the little fox was nowhere to be found. It made him a little sad, but he managed to collect gossip from some Pokemon who happened by Zorua before his disappearance.

“Are you pleased now, Zorua?” a cubchoo heard him ask himself. “You’ve confirmed a single case out of a thousand failed cases, where a trainer happily reunited with her lost companion.”

“What do I care about statistical significance,” a few kakunas heard him laugh as he passed them.

Another few Pokemon didn’t hear him say anything, but pointed to one single direction when Pikachu asked them about him: towards Unova.

You know what this means? From Everland to Reborn Season 3... coming soon!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Candy said:

Reveal hidden contents

mimikyu_crying_by_fireballhd-dbfqo6b.jpg pachrisu counterpart of this

The rest is history. Zorua showed Vanilla the way, and she came in just in time before Pikachu tore off his disguise. He stood back, and hoped against hope that it wasn’t too late.

“Pikachu…” Vanilla’s raspy voice directed at the pachirisu-looking mimikyu had an effect on him. His dead eyes started to glitter, and his movements seemed less robotic, especially when he approached Vanilla’s extended hand.

Reveal hidden contents

fe30b3bb32bc7d083d2b1967031ee933.jpgagain pachirisu counterpart of this

You know what this means? From Everland to Reborn Season 3... coming soon!

1) No no, you are too adorable to be scary.

2) So cuuuuute~

Also, I've used that as a prof pic before

3) 

Spoiler

tumblr_o6n5mc8YRo1tydz8to1_400.gif.09fd4f9efa29c3028001713f08220e27.gif

• Like 1