From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, SilverHelio said:

M3G4T3RR4's supposed to be a super computer wiz despite her.....strange persona, and yet Ame was able to hack into her computer?

Don't ask me, they were somehow able to extract field info in original story, so they must've hacked in somehow. Personally I think Terra doesn't have an issue with that and left her PC hackable because if she didn't want to be pursued, she wouldn't have had an option for "Player 2" xD

2 hours ago, Yahen said:

I always die on this part lmao

That's especially funny because Ciel never negates the thong, which implies she is wearing one haha

2 hours ago, Corso said:

As a physics student, I don't like this.

If there's a multiverse, I wonder if other universes also follow a set rule of physics 🤔

• 2 weeks later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 69tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

I thought there was something wrong with my eyes. It took me a great deal to get used to the lack of depth perception and overwhelming contrast of colors. However, once I got somewhat used to my surroundings, I realized there was nothing the matter with my eyes, but everything the matter with the glitch world itself. The room I stood in was all flat, as though I were on a 2D plane which shifted every time I took one step forward. The only other “person” in the room was a boy wearing a hat, but he instead looked like a child’s hand-drawing, again, without a third dimension. Moreover, it turned out that what I initially thought was too strong a contrast of colors, was nothing more than everything being grayscale with overwhelming use of black or white. It was a little more alarming when I checked myself and saw that my skin and my clothes had turned grey scale as well. If I had looked pale when my blood conferred me at least a tint of red on my skin color, now I could completely pass off as a paper cut-out.

“Pikachu? Where are you, bud?” I called, for Pikachu wasn’t sitting on my shoulder as he had been but a moment ago. I looked around, but there was not a sign of him, and literally no place to hide in the small room. I checked my belongings, but everything else seemed to be in good shape.

Right then, a giant text box appeared diagonally on top of the flat boy, and someone started typing.

“Vanilla. The program only allows a “Player 2” and their six pokemon in pokeballs, so your mimikyu(?) was prevented from accessing. He’s here with us, no worries.”

I looked backwards, to a pitch-black void where I imagined Samson, Ciel and Pikachu were watching me from.

“Well, that’s unfortunate,” I said. “But I don’t think this business should take too long.”

Moving closer to the only exit out of the room, the doodle boy suddenly reacted to my footsteps and stopped me before I could push the doors open. I thought he wanted to do me physical harm, so I tried punching him, only for my punch to pass through his head as though I were punching air. Whether Terra was capable of coherent thought or not, she apparently foresaw that I would try to do exactly what I was doing.

“You can only pass here only if you have the VOLTBADGE,” he said in an eerily robotic voice, like the automated text-to-voice converted voices. “Oh! That is the VOLTBADGE! Go right ahead!”

Hence, I passed through, even though the inconsequential question remained, of how the little guy could see through my badge case to know that I had the Volt badge.

On the other side of the doors awaited me a wide zigzag road with a few policeman-looking doodles guarding the way. Similar to the first boy, they allowed me to pass through because I had the appropriate Gym badges, without physically checking them even once.

When the guard who asked me for the Omen badge let me pass through, out of nowhere a giant mallet landed inches in front of my face. The impact had, however, crushed the policeman doodle and broken a few “tiles” of grass.

“Awwwhh, boobiecakes, I missed,” she said. “Hashtag wut. Hashtag ever.”

vEx1AqE.png

Even though she entered the same game as me, Terra had somehow retained all her rainbow colors unlike me.

“I’ve come to challenge you-”

“Ima pound you next time,” she cut through my sentence and proceeded to smack the ground with her mallet until she had created a mess of random fragments of whatever game this world was based on.

“Heh, you’ll never catch me now,” she smirked. “Physics, away!”

From nowhere she came, and likewise to nowhere she went. She left me stuck there, unable to pass because of the broken ground.

“Now what am I supposed to do here?” I thought aloud. “Perhaps I’m supposed to go back the way I came, but I didn’t see any side path I could take.”

Nonetheless, I took a few steps backward, when the textbox from earlier popped up again, and Samson typed his advice for me.

“Try going down the hole with a ladder. I think you should be able to walk up to it.”

I checked the broken tiles, and indeed found a hole that had a convenient ladder to go down. I walked up to it and prepared myself to climb down, when the mere step on the tile warped me to an entirely different place.

I was now standing in a cave, though the patterns on the ground made the place look carpeted.

There were a few trainers, other variations of doodles, who challenged me to quick battles. I took notice that I wasn’t the only one who had been affected by the teleportation into this game world, since all the members of my team were looking odd as well. They all were shades of a single color, and their shadows were unnaturally dark. Queen of Hearts, in particular, was quite distressed to find her crown and legs colored a vegetable green, and it took some reassuring on my part that she was looking pretty even with the change. Perhaps I didn’t sound convincing enough, but Queen of Hearts was rather satisfied with my response, and gave me a quick hug before returning into her pokeball.

The odyssey continued. Exiting the cave, I was surprised to find myself on concrete floor. The cave was apparently situated within a square building. I wasn’t an artist, but I wondered what encouraged that aesthetic choice in Terra.

After passing a girl who confirmed my having the Blight badge, I went down the stairs or rather walked over them. Even though the place was still greyscale and the people were caricatures, I couldn’t help but get a visual illusion that I had been there before.

“This place… it’s Opal Ward,” I blurted out.

I turned 360 degrees. The square building where the Grand Hall stood, the miniature gardens with the gargoyle statues, then two stairs on the east and north, each guarded by a boy. I had recollections of punching the guy on the eastern stairs in the gut early on, when I had just arrived in ribbon City. Perhaps I should apologize to him, if I ever see him around again, for now that I thought about it, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn’t always that explosive.

On the west of there, I found another blockade of random fragmented tiles. Given how I had reached the cave by stepping on a specific tile, I tried going down the “stairs” tile. I was correct, and it transferred me to another map.

This one had another set of stairs, but it was a loop. No matter how many times I went up or down the stairs, I found myself in the same room, with one doodle boy standing and a bunch of arrowhead tiles on the floor. There was another door to the south of that part of the room, but when I tried pushing and pulling it, it didn’t budge. It took Samson and me a while to figure out how to open the door, but we found out that the arrowhead tiles were a sort of password, which I had to step on in the correct order in order to unlock the door.

I once again found myself in an odd place, a small town where every building save for one teleported me back to the previous arrowhead room. Before going into the one building that I was supposed to head into, I took note of a makeshift gravestone with the name “C4T3LyN ‘3CL1P53’ F1SH3R” engraved onto it. I found Terra’s morbid sense of humor disgusting.

0QeU8UX.png

Next, I found myself in an area very reminiscent of the Byxbysion Wastelands. since I still remembered my way around there, I quickly found my way to one of the buildings where I had once talked to a guy taking refuge from the rain and asking whether I had seen a Squirtle. However, Terra’s glitch world did not contain the inside of the building as it was in real life, and instead had a floor full of giant rocks everywhere. I found a steel gate blocking my way, but no arrowhead puzzle to solve this time around.

“Check the gargoyle statue,” Samson typed. “Knowing Terra, the positioning of that statue there seems suspicious.”

Indeed, I found a hidden switch on the back of the statue. I pressed it, without much thought, but that was the last thing I ever did. The next thing I knew, I was engulfed in heat as I ever felt, and nothing. Nothingness forever. 

“What? What just happened?” Samson said, as he beheld the broken computer display spazzing.

However, the computer did not respond to his question. Only the soft buzzing sound continued, until the computer finally died on its own, never to turn on again. 

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler

Yikes. My MC just passed away. Press F to pay respects.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Candy said:

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to ribbon ~ Episode 69tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

I thought there was something wrong with my eyes. pix~ It took me a great deal to get used to the lack of depth perception and overwhelming contrast of colors. pix~ However, once I got somewhat used to my surroundings, I realized there was nothing the matter with my eyes, but everything the matter with the glitch world itself. pix~ The room I stood in was all flat, as though I were on a 2D plane which shifted every time I took one step forward. pix~ The only other “person” in the room was a boy wearing a hat, but he instead looked like a child’s hand-drawing, again, without a third dimension. pix~ Moreover, it turned out that what I initially thought was too strong a contrast of colors, was nothing more than everything being grayscale with overwhelming use of black or white. pix~ It was a little more alarming when I checked myself and saw that my skin and my clothes had turned grey scale as well. pix~ If I had looked pale when my blood conferred me at least a tint of red on my skin color, now I could completely pass off as a paper cut-out. pix~

“Pikachu? pixpix? Where are you, bud? pixpix?” I called, for Pikachu wasn’t sitting on my shoulder as he had been but a moment ago. pix~ I looked around, but there was not a sign of him, and literally no place to hide in the small room. pix~ I checked my belongings, but everything else seemed to be in good shape. pix~

Right then, a giant text box appeared diagonally on top of the flat boy, and someone started typing. pix~

“Vanilla. pix~ The program only allows a “Player 2” and their pix pokemon in pokeballs, so your mimikyu(? pixpix?) was prevented from accescyng. pix~ He’s here with us, no worries. pix~”

I looked backwards, to a pitch-black void where I imagined Samson, Ciel and Pikachu were watching me from. pix~

“Well, that’s unfortunate,” I said. pix~ “But I don’t think this bucyness should take too long. pix~”

Moving closer to the only exit out of the room, the doodle boy suddenly reacted to my footsteps and stopped me before I could push the doors open. pix~ I thought he wanted to do me physical harm, so I tried punching him, only for my punch to pass through his head as though I were punching air. pix~ Whether Terra was capable of coherent thought or not, she apparently foresaw that I would try to do exactly what I was doing. pix~

“You can only pass here only if you have the VOLTBADGE,” he said in an eerily robotic voice, like the automated text-to-voice converted voices. pix~ “Oh! pixpixpix~! That is the VOLTBADGE! pixpixpix~! Go right ahead! pixpixpix~!”

Hence, I passed through, even though the inconsequential question remained, of how the little guy could see through my badge case to know that I had the Volt badge. pix~

On the other side of the doors awaited me a wide zigzag road with a few policeman-looking doodles guarding the way. pix~ Similar to the first boy, they allowed me to pass through because I had the appropriate Gym badges, without physically checking them even once. pix~

When the guard who asked me for the Omen badge let me pass through, out of nowhere a giant mallet landed inches in front of my face. pix~ The impact had, however, crushed the policeman doodle and broken a few “tiles” of grass. pix~

“Awwwhh, boobiecakes, I missed,” she said. pix~ “Hashtag wut. pix~ Hashtag ever. pix~”

vEx1AqE.png

Even though she entered the same game as me, Terra had somehow retained all her rainbow colors unlike me. pix~

“Ima pound you next time,” she cut through my sentence and proceeded to smack the ground with her mallet until she had created a mess of random fragments of whatever game this world was based on. pix~

“Heh, you’ll never catch me now,” she smirked. pix~ “Physics, away! pixpixpix~!”

From nowhere she came, and likewise to nowhere she went. pix~ She left me stuck there, unable to pass because of the broken ground. pix~

“Now what am I supposed to do here? pixpix?” I thought aloud. pix~ “Perhaps I’m supposed to go back the way I came, but I didn’t see any side path I could take. pix~”

Nonetheless, I took a few steps backward, when the textbox from earlier popped up again, and Samson typed his advice for me. pix~

“Try going down the hole with a ladder. pix~ I think you should be able to walk up to it. pix~”

I checked the broken tiles, and indeed found a hole that had a convenient ladder to go down. pix~ I walked up to it and prepared myself to climb down, when the mere step on the tile warped me to an entirely different place. pix~

I was now standing in a cave, though the patterns on the ground made the place look carpeted. pix~

There were a few trainers, other variations of doodles, who challenged me to pix battles. pix~ I took notice that I wasn’t the only one who had been affected by the teleportation into this game world, cynce all the members of my team were looking odd as well. pix~ They all were shades of a cyngle color, and their shadows were unnaturally dark. pix~ Queen of Hearts, in particular, was quite distressed to find her crown and legs colored a vegetable green, and it took some reassuring on my part that she was looking pretty even with the change. pix~ Perhaps I didn’t sound convincing enough, but Queen of Hearts was rather satisfied with my response, and gave me a pix hug before returning into her pokeball. pix~

The odyssey continued. pix~ Exiting the cave, I was surprised to find myself on concrete floor. pix~ The cave was apparently situated within a square building. pix~ I wasn’t an artist, but I wondered what encouraged that aesthetic choice in Terra. pix~

After pascyng a girl who confirmed my having the Blight badge, I went down the stairs or rather walked over them. pix~ Even though the place was still greyscale and the people were caricatures, I couldn’t help but get a visual illusion that I had been there before. pix~

“This place… it’s Opal Ward,” I blurted out. pix~

I turned 360 degrees. pix~ The square building where the Grand Hall stood, the miniature gardens with the gargoyle statues, then two stairs on the east and north, each guarded by a boy. pix~ I had recollections of punching the guy on the eastern stairs in the gut early on, when I had just arrived in ribbon City. pix~ Perhaps I should apologize to him, if I ever see him around again, for now that I thought about it, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. pix~ I wasn’t always that explosive. pix~

On the west of there, I found another blockade of random fragmented tiles. pix~ Given how I had reached the cave by stepping on a specific tile, I tried going down the “stairs” tile. pix~ I was correct, and it transferred me to another map. pix~

This one had another set of stairs, but it was a loop. pix~ No matter how many times I went up or down the stairs, I found myself in the same room, with one doodle boy standing and a bunch of arrowhead tiles on the floor. pix~ There was another door to the south of that part of the room, but when I tried pushing and pulling it, it didn’t budge. pix~ It took Samson and me a while to figure out how to open the door, but we found out that the arrowhead tiles were a sort of password, which I had to step on in the correct order in order to unlock the door. pix~

I once again found myself in an odd place, a small town where every building save for one teleported me back to the previous arrowhead room. pix~ Before going into the one building that I was supposed to head into, I took note of a makeshift gravestone with the name “C4T3LyN ‘3CL1P53’ F1SH3R” engraved onto it. pix~ I found Terra’s morbid sense of humor disgusting. pix~

0QeU8UX.png

Next, I found myself in an area very reminiscent of the Byxbysion Wastelands. pix~ cynce I still remembered my way around there, I pixly found my way to one of the buildings where I had once talked to a guy taking refuge from the rain and asking whether I had seen a Squirtle. pix~ However, Terra’s glitch world did not contain the inside of the building as it was in real life, and instead had a floor full of giant rocks everywhere. pix~ I found a steel gate blocking my way this time, but no arrowhead puzzle to solve this time around. pix~

“Check the gargoyle statue,” Samson typed. pix~ “Knowing Terra, the positioning of that statue there seems suspicious. pix~”

Indeed, I found a hidden switch on the back of the statue. pix~ I pressed it, without much thought, but that was the last thing I ever did. pix~ The next thing I knew, I was engulfed in heat as I ever felt, and nothing. pix~ Nothingness forever. pix~

“What? pixpix? What just happened? pixpix?” Samson said, as he beheld the broken computer display spazzing. pix~

However, the computer did not respond to his question. pix~ Only the soft buzzing sound continued, until the computer finally died on its own, never to turn on again. pix~

VANILLA RATES: ribbon CHARACTERS

Reveal hidden contents

Yikes. pix~ My MC just passed away. pix~ Press F to pay respects. pix~

u can't ap fool the queenobooty here mx candy cane! pixpixpix~! Your writing is amazing btw

• 1 month later...

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 59tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Oops. It appears that I left you hanging with an April Fools joke for over a month now 👀 my bad, my bad. Though Vanilla's death is canon, you should continue reading this episode to clarify what is going on :3 Also, if you didn't notice, "Episode 69" is actually episode 59, but I kinda made a smol joke there lol

I copy-pasted the fake Episode 59 onto this spoiler, if you want to remember what happened in the Glitch World:

Spoiler

I thought there was something wrong with my eyes. It took me a great deal to get used to the lack of depth perception and overwhelming contrast of colors. However, once I got somewhat used to my surroundings, I realized there was nothing the matter with my eyes, but everything the matter with the glitch world itself. The room I stood in was all flat, as though I were on a 2D plane which shifted every time I took one step forward. The only other “person” in the room was a boy wearing a hat, but he instead looked like a child’s hand-drawing, again, without a third dimension. Moreover, it turned out that what I initially thought was too strong a contrast of colors, was nothing more than everything being grayscale with overwhelming use of black or white. It was a little more alarming when I checked myself and saw that my skin and my clothes had turned grey scale as well. If I had looked pale when my blood conferred me at least a tint of red on my skin color, now I could completely pass off as a paper cut-out.

“Pikachu? Where are you, bud?” I called, for Pikachu wasn’t sitting on my shoulder as he had been but a moment ago. I looked around, but there was not a sign of him, and literally no place to hide in the small room. I checked my belongings, but everything else seemed to be in good shape.

Right then, a giant text box appeared diagonally on top of the flat boy, and someone started typing.

“Vanilla. The program only allows a “Player 2” and their six pokemon in pokeballs, so your mimikyu(?) was prevented from accessing. He’s here with us, no worries.”

I looked backwards, to a pitch-black void where I imagined Samson, Ciel and Pikachu were watching me from.

“Well, that’s unfortunate,” I said. “But I don’t think this business should take too long.”

Moving closer to the only exit out of the room, the doodle boy suddenly reacted to my footsteps and stopped me before I could push the doors open. I thought he wanted to do me physical harm, so I tried punching him, only for my punch to pass through his head as though I were punching air. Whether Terra was capable of coherent thought or not, she apparently foresaw that I would try to do exactly what I was doing.

“You can only pass here only if you have the VOLTBADGE,” he said in an eerily robotic voice, like the automated text-to-voice converted voices. “Oh! That is the VOLTBADGE! Go right ahead!”

Hence, I passed through, even though the inconsequential question remained, of how the little guy could see through my badge case to know that I had the Volt badge.

On the other side of the doors awaited me a wide zigzag road with a few policeman-looking doodles guarding the way. Similar to the first boy, they allowed me to pass through because I had the appropriate Gym badges, without physically checking them even once.

When the guard who asked me for the Omen badge let me pass through, out of nowhere a giant mallet landed inches in front of my face. The impact had, however, crushed the policeman doodle and broken a few “tiles” of grass.

“Awwwhh, boobiecakes, I missed,” she said. “Hashtag wut. Hashtag ever.”

vEx1AqE.png

Even though she entered the same game as me, Terra had somehow retained all her rainbow colors unlike me.

“Ima pound you next time,” she cut through my sentence and proceeded to smack the ground with her mallet until she had created a mess of random fragments of whatever game this world was based on.

“Heh, you’ll never catch me now,” she smirked. “Physics, away!”

From nowhere she came, and likewise to nowhere she went. She left me stuck there, unable to pass because of the broken ground.

“Now what am I supposed to do here?” I thought aloud. “Perhaps I’m supposed to go back the way I came, but I didn’t see any side path I could take.”

Nonetheless, I took a few steps backward, when the textbox from earlier popped up again, and Samson typed his advice for me.

“Try going down the hole with a ladder. I think you should be able to walk up to it.”

I checked the broken tiles, and indeed found a hole that had a convenient ladder to go down. I walked up to it and prepared myself to climb down, when the mere step on the tile warped me to an entirely different place.

I was now standing in a cave, though the patterns on the ground made the place look carpeted.

There were a few trainers, other variations of doodles, who challenged me to quick battles. I took notice that I wasn’t the only one who had been affected by the teleportation into this game world, since all the members of my team were looking odd as well. They all were shades of a single color, and their shadows were unnaturally dark. Queen of Hearts, in particular, was quite distressed to find her crown and legs colored a vegetable green, and it took some reassuring on my part that she was looking pretty even with the change. Perhaps I didn’t sound convincing enough, but Queen of Hearts was rather satisfied with my response, and gave me a quick hug before returning into her pokeball.

The odyssey continued. Exiting the cave, I was surprised to find myself on concrete floor. The cave was apparently situated within a square building. I wasn’t an artist, but I wondered what encouraged that aesthetic choice in Terra.

After passing a girl who confirmed my having the Blight badge, I went down the stairs or rather walked over them. Even though the place was still greyscale and the people were caricatures, I couldn’t help but get a visual illusion that I had been there before.

“This place… it’s Opal Ward,” I blurted out.

I turned 360 degrees. The square building where the Grand Hall stood, the miniature gardens with the gargoyle statues, then two stairs on the east and north, each guarded by a boy. I had recollections of punching the guy on the eastern stairs in the gut early on, when I had just arrived in ribbon City. Perhaps I should apologize to him, if I ever see him around again, for now that I thought about it, he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn’t always that explosive.

On the west of there, I found another blockade of random fragmented tiles. Given how I had reached the cave by stepping on a specific tile, I tried going down the “stairs” tile. I was correct, and it transferred me to another map.

This one had another set of stairs, but it was a loop. No matter how many times I went up or down the stairs, I found myself in the same room, with one doodle boy standing and a bunch of arrowhead tiles on the floor. There was another door to the south of that part of the room, but when I tried pushing and pulling it, it didn’t budge. It took Samson and me a while to figure out how to open the door, but we found out that the arrowhead tiles were a sort of password, which I had to step on in the correct order in order to unlock the door.

I once again found myself in an odd place, a small town where every building save for one teleported me back to the previous arrowhead room. Before going into the one building that I was supposed to head into, I took note of a makeshift gravestone with the name “C4T3LyN ‘3CL1P53’ F1SH3R” engraved onto it. I found Terra’s morbid sense of humor disgusting.

0QeU8UX.png

Next, I found myself in an area very reminiscent of the Byxbysion Wastelands. since I still remembered my way around there, I quickly found my way to one of the buildings where I had once talked to a guy taking refuge from the rain and asking whether I had seen a Squirtle. However, Terra’s glitch world did not contain the inside of the building as it was in real life, and instead had a floor full of giant rocks everywhere. I found a steel gate blocking my way, but no arrowhead puzzle to solve this time around.

“Check the gargoyle statue,” Samson typed. “Knowing Terra, the positioning of that statue there seems suspicious.”

Indeed, I found a hidden switch on the back of the statue. I pressed it, without much thought, but that was the last thing I ever did. The next thing I knew, I was engulfed in heat as I ever felt, and nothing. Nothingness forever. 

“What? What just happened?” Samson said, as he beheld the broken computer display spazzing.

However, the computer did not respond to his question. Only the soft buzzing sound continued, until the computer finally died on its own, never to turn on again. 

… That may have happened in an alternative reality, but fortunately for maybe the one person remotely concerned about my alive/dead status, it wasn’t this reality.

The computer did shut off for a few days, trapping me inside for what I thought was eternity. But on the third day, Samson told me later on, the computer suddenly turned back on…

“Arceus, Ciel! You scared me. Why are you in here all alone with the lights off?” I said as I switched on the lights. Ciel was sitting on the sofa, reclining her head backward, just absentmindedly staring at the ceiling.

“I wasn’t alone,” she replied. “The little guy, he’s still over there.”

She pointed in the direction of the computer monitors. The mimikyu with a disguise that looked like a pachirisu was still sitting in a corner, underneath Terra’s computers. His head was bent at an odd angle, despite its neck being unbroken. He made no sound and no movement, but he had apparently been feeding himself while we weren’t looking, because the food I served him had been touched.

I sighed and took off my shoes as I sat down next to her. “You’re still feeling the blues, aren’t you? I am too. I can’t believe I just killed a girl like that. I don’t think I’ll recover from it anytime soon.”

“Don’t be so harsh on yourself,” Ciel said. “You were just trying to help. It’s Terra’s fault for creating a switch like that in the game.”

“As a result, she’s also gone. You miss her, right?”

You also do, right?”

I chuckled quietly.

“I can’t replace her vivid tendencies, but I can try to be mental support for you,” I said.

“I don’t think mental stuff is your forte, though.”

Though I knew she was teasing me to bring back the light-hearted banter that had always characterized our conversations, I partly wished she didn’t ruin the mood like that. So, I tried to restore the mood by placing my hand over hers. “I’m being serious.”

Before I could make out whether she was blushing or not, however, she looked past me at the computers and exclaimed. “Samson, the computers! They’re on!”

I looked behind me, and almost lost balance when she jumped out of her seat without warning. The mimikyu below the computers sensed our commotion, and for the first time in the past three days, left the corner where he meditated.

“What’s this? An error code?”

“Error LOL: Auto-destruction terminated. Pl0t 4rm0r d3t3ct3d,” I read aloud. “What does that mean?”

I pressed the OK button on the screen, and the error message disappeared. In its stead, Terra’s game interface returned to where it had left off. I saw Vanilla sitting on the floor, reclining on the Gargoyle statue. She was asleep.

Though Samson later said that three days had elapsed between the explosion and the computer booting back up, I felt no such passing of time. Instead, when I woke back up, I found myself sitting next to the Gargoyle statue with the switch that should have taken my life. It felt instantaneous, almost like waking up from a nap.

“Are you okay, Vanilla?” Samson typed.

I stood up straight and formed both my hands into thumbs up. Even if the button on the gargoyle supposedly made the whole place explode, it also opened the gate that I had hoped to open in the first place. If anything, this small incident only proved that Terra wasn’t out to kill me for real, despite her trying to squish me with her mallet or setting a bomb to explode with the switch seemed to imply. So, I felt confident continuing my way through this convoluted game world, because I knew fully well that I would not perish while doing so.

9WQgpQe.png

I went down the stairs behind another doodle trainer. The odd part was finding myself not down one floor, but merely relocated to a different part of the same floor that had been blocked by the large rocks. The small space only a desk with a book placed open on it.

I was a little weary of books that were left open on tables, given the sour experience with Titania’s diary, but a glimpse to the first sentence made me realize this was no ordinary book. Every sentence I read seemed to convert itself in a voice on the back of my head. A dull headache developed while I read, but once I started reading, I could not stop until I was done. The voice… it was familiar… and yet, I couldn’t pinpoint where I had heard it before.

Hee hee, this is fun!

I can see everything from here!

And I can make everybody play with me!

It’s all thanks to baby Arceus!

I’m going to make sure I repay him by setting him free!

Then we can all live in the new world together and have lots of fun forever and ever!

“Who are you?” I asked, though the voice and my headache had left me as soon as I read the last sentence. “You must be Team Meteor. Or at least part of Elias’ cult. If I know anything about him it’s his fixation with Arceus.”

I didn’t receive a response. I scratched my head and closed the book.

“Terra made this game world. If she replicated the voice of one of the Meteor Grunts, that’d explain my familiarity with it.”

That was the best explanation I could come up with at this point anyway.

I exited the small room through greyscale ornate doors, and found myself, rather fittingly, at the 8-bit version of the base of Citae d’ Arc. I considered it fitting, for according to Elias, that was the place Arceus’ meteor was stored in, and his story had a strong connection with the one on the book I had just read.

When I was about to leave the pseudo-Citae, though, the voice from earlier talked to me once again.

“Hee hee, this is fun,” This time, her voice came from outside my mind. It was clear, as though the person were talking right behind me. However, when I looked around me with alarm, I saw no one standing in my proximity. “Hey, everybody. You can pass here only if you have the STRIKEBADGE, isn’t that right? Oh, that’s the STRIKEBADGE! Hehe, okay, then you can leave… for now… But come back and play again sometime, okay?”

nXsWTlX.png

The next area was just a hill that had incredibly large gears lined on both sides. The climb wasn’t very steep, so I hopped up like it was nothing. There were two passageways at the top, but both of them led to the same place.

That is, a cave with rocky patches of ground separating bodies of water. Drops of distilled water dropped from the ceiling every so often, sometimes on top of my head. The silence and hollowness were so remarkable that I could hear the echo of every step I took. Thus I assumed the place was deserted, lacking even the scribble trainers. I was wrong. At the end of the path, I found another gargoyle statue. This time it had no switch on it, but as soon as I was within touching distance of it, it morphed into another glitched trainer.

They caught me by surprise, I admit, but my surprise was even greater when the trainer sent out a pokemon I had never seen before. The pokedex informed me that this was, indeed, legendary pokemon, Mewtwo.

ShyxqdL.png

My struggle with the Mewtwo’s sheer strength began with its moveset: thunderbolt, ice beam, shadow ball and psystrike covered most of my team’s typing. Not to mention, none of my pokemon’s moves were super-effective against it due to the Glitch field effect, and its speed was way too fast for any of my teammates to take the lead. I imagined Terra would be watching me from somewhere, amusing herself with my puzzlement at having to battle a legendary out of nowhere. In the end, the only strategy that proved successful against the one monster was to cut its speed with an iron ball (Switcheroo with Golden Key) and go slowly but steady from then on.

When I was done with the battle, though, the fainted Mewtwo suddenly woke up and used Hypnosis on me, despite the fact that it already had shown me its four offensive moves. It was futile to complain, however, because I fell into deep sleep.

“W4K3 UP SL33PYH34D!!!” being shouted at me, together with incessant loud thudding sounds from the mallet, were what woke me up. Mewtwo was gone, and I found myself in a room with unwelcome company.

“Yakno, u look pretty much the same in greyscale as u do in color.”

“Terra,” I said, rubbing my eyes. “Stop the noise and nonsense. You know why I’m here.”

“To talk about b0ring stuffz. How bout no.”

“I don’t care if you will find it boring. The fact of the matter is that you are working for a terrorist organization and I’m going to hand you over to the police.”

“Ironic. Lectured by somewun running away from ‘justice’ wutever that means,” Terra smirked, as though my surprise gave her pleasure.

“Do you even know what you’re saying?”

“Oooh shes feigning ignorance. Bad, bad girl. Gotta punish u big time. Funny girl, u think what u leave in Neverland stays in Neverland? In this bootiful worldwide web of interconnectivity? Dont lick my L33T H4CK1NG SK1LLS b*tch.”

“Tch, fine. However, while justice awaits me in Everland, yours awaits you right here in this region.”

62VYAur.png

“Nope. I won’t go to prison. That sounds mighty b0ring! I joined Team Metebore to avoid all the b0ring stuffz. I was like awwhhh yeaaaahh lets cause some 4N4RCHY. Some chaos. And then have some hot, steamy, rawrsex cause wynaut.”

“I really don’t need details of your motivation,” I said.

“But thiz iz importantz. I could change teams ez. Wut u say? Are u better than them meteors in bed? If u are, u got me bby.”

Terra faked me out with a sudden kiss on the cheek. I was so shocked that my body was paralyzed, and in an embarrassing move, my legs gave up and I crumbled down to the floor.

“ur real quick. Ppl usually can’t walk after the sex, not before,” Terra giggled.

“Shut up. I wouldn’t do that with you in a couple hundred years,” I coughed as I stood up while wobbling. “I don’t need you to switch sides anyway. It’s too late for that. The only option for you is arrest.”

“Then I’ll arrest ya 4$$ f1rst. Get rekt.”

Terra picked a pokeball and threw it in the air. That was my cue to start the Gym battle.

M9kZ0pk.png

Spoiler

“Awhh shucks to lose. But it was a hot, steamy, rawrbattle, dat fosho. Congrats u won yourself a motherf*cking gravity badge! RAWWRRRR!”

Terra threw the badge my way as though she were tossing a coin in the air.

“Gravity badge more like grab-it-y badge. Know what I mean?” she said as she made hand gestures that I’d like to unsee if I had a choice.

“No, I don't. But glad that I can now use Waterfall. Finally.”

“Yeeee now you’ll be wet because of me,” Terra laughed hysterically. “And here’s sum gifts. For u, give u, I love u.”

She handed me the TM for Bulldoze and… a pint of Blue Moon Ice Cream?

“I know Gym leaders give out TMs, but what’s this?” I asked, raising the pint of ice cream.

“Trust me hun you’ll need it, and you’ll thank me with kisses later. Make that French.”

My face instinctively distorted.

“Now, I gtg bye Felicia.”

“What? No, you’re coming with me,” I said and reached to catch her arms, but she quickly produced her mallet and hit me. The impact sent me flying to the opposing wall, while she exited the room and closed herself behind a pair of sturdy gates.

“I can let u in here Vanilla-senpai. Then we’d have some privacy,” I heard her say in a seductive voice. “There’s even a fluffy comfy bed, if u want to rest except u actually wouldn’t because rawwwrrrrr! I mean pwease be gentle, it’s my first time senpai.”

“Shut up. Shut up!”

I started pacing in front of the gates, desperately trying to devise a plan to capture Terra that didn’t involve getting smashed by either her hammer or just her. However, I must’ve been so flustered to think of something on the spot, that brawns-only Samson came up with a plan before I could. His message to me was succinct: “Vanilla, leave the Glitch World through those ladders in the corner. I have an idea”

So I exited the mad world, a place so cursed that I presumed neither Wonderland nor the Underworld could compete.

Upon returning, Pikachu jumped onto my face and squealed incessantly, as though he hadn’t seen me in years. It was a sweet gesture, but I, who didn’t know I had been a goner for 3 days at the time, thought it to be excessive.

“So, what’s the plan?” I asked Samson, who, instead of giving me a verbal reply, simply walked up to the computer monitors and unplugged them all.

“I guess that works,” I shrugged, but Ciel wasn’t as nonchalant as I was.

“Samson! If you do that, will Terra be alright?”

6neQah8.png

“You shouldn’t cry over spilled water. Anyhow, I’m sure she has a way to store herself as data or something, just like she did with both her and Vanilla when the computers crashed and died for three days. At least she won’t be able to escape, I think.”

“Three days?” I asked.

“That’s going to be a rather long talk. Why don’t you sit down and rest a bit, Vanilla. I think now that you’re back with the TM for Waterfall, you’ll have to work some more anyway, so resting a bit should do you good.”

I was honestly tired from dealing with Terra for more than my limit of 1 second, so I took Ciel on the offer and sat down on the sofa while Samson narrated me the incidences that happened while I was stuck in a computer program.

Spoiler
  • Terra (-1): She isn't just obnoxious, but she had the balls to kiss me! Outrageous!
  • Samson (+1): 5/10 Despite seeming like a plain dudebro, he was increasingly helpful in my journey through Terra's Wonderland, and in capturing Terra within her own game.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Vanilla cannot even escape the kisses of the Terrible Terra! Haha. TOO! LONG! This was so good though! I've missed this. Haha.

Hehe Idk what came upon me to have Terra kiss Vanilla but it turned out funny. And Vanilla falling to the floor because of that 😂 Guess Terra used Draining Kiss 😘 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Hehe Idk what came upon me to have Terra kiss Vanilla but it turned out funny. And Vanilla falling to the floor because of that 😂 Guess Terra used Draining Kiss 😘 

Or does Vanilla not want the audience to know that... SHE LIKED IT! 😱😱😱 Da-Da-DaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAa!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Or does Vanilla not want the audience to know that... SHE LIKED IT! 😱😱😱 Da-Da-DaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAaAa!!!!!!!

PL0T TW1ST

ok but y'all have better had liked this battle recording cause man making all those sprite recolors was nothing short of tiring lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Candy said:

PL0T TW1ST

ok but y'all have better had liked this battle recording cause man making all those sprite recolors was nothing short of tiring lol 

So I was right in thinking that you made those sprites. Lol. Those are incredibly nice.

• Upvote 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 60tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

“So that was what happened,” I said, sipping on the tea that Ciel kindly poured for me. “I’m sorry for worrying you that much, Pikachu. I can’t promise stuff like that won’t happen again, given my situation here in Reborn and in my home region, but I hope you could avoid sinking into a depressive episode like that.”

“Come on, Vanilla. I don’t think it’s possible not to be sad when a friend passes away,” Samson corrected me.

“I know,” I said.

I didn’t elaborate further, but it was a statement that reflected on all the deaths that had so far affected me. Even Pikachu’s, though it was a temporary death, had made me feel hopeless for a few days. Friendship, companionship, relationship… they were all double-edged swords. As long as we are mundane beings, our fate is to die, but also we cannot live without social interaction.

“I shall try to live as long as I possibly can afford, so you, too, do the same,” I told Pikachu. “When the time comes, let’s pay a visit to Everland together.”

The two circus performers insisted on escorting me out of the main tent, but we all stopped on our tracks when we found the people blocking the exit. They were all looking outside, talking among themselves in an incongruous noise that even blocked the sound of the obnoxious circus music.

“What’s going on?” Ciel asked, but neither Samson or I knew the answer.

I could make a rough conjecture, however. For the crowd, which usually spent the time inside the large tent, sitting down waiting for any kind of stimulation, whatever was happening just outside must be primetime entertainment. Indeed, they would not budge one bit and kept talking over one another even when Ciel politely asked them to make way for us to pass.

“Your ways won’t work, Ciel. Leave it to me,” Samson said, and clearing his throat once, shouted on top of his lungs: “Move it!”

Just as the crowd had done the first day that we arrived to the Circus, the crowd jumped and scuttled to the sides so we could move past them.

Once outside, it didn’t take longer than a second to realize what was keeping the people so entertained. A gigantic dragon pokemon with a long, green body that was covered with scales that reflected the sunlight to every which direction, was floating right above us.

0zVUhte.png

“W-what is rayquaza doing here?” Ciel asked, unconsciously leaning on Samson for support.

“Vanilla!” a voice I recognized right away called me.

The dragon lowered itself close enough to the ground for one magenta-haired girl to jump off, and then cried loudly as it flew away.

“Candy, what are you doing here?”

“What? We haven’t seen each other for so long and that’s your greeting? I’m offended,” she gasped, but grinned widely as she hugged me. “I’ve come because I heard from Ame that my lil' cousin was over here stuck in Agate Circus.”

She then leaned closer to my ear and told me she had some business to talk with me in private. I wasn’t sure what could be the content of such business, but since she insisted it be discussed in private, I acted as though she hadn’t told me anything in front of everyone.

Now that she was done embarrassing me, Candy finally noticed that a hundred pairs of eyes, usually accompanied by gaping mouths, were focused on the two of us. As the social animal that she was, she waved both her arms to the people that stared at her.

“Hello, people of… Agate? Agate Circus? Nice to meet you all!”

As a reply, her audience clapped and whistled.

“Um, do you know why they’re so excited to see me?” Candy asked me on the side.

“I don’t know. Just maybe because you couldn’t have chosen a more spectacular arrival?”

“Oh! You mean Rayquaza? So that’s what had them in awe. I thought it was just my charm!”

With the question out of her mind, she could wave at the crowd totally carefree.

Once the crowd dispersed, Ciel and Samson approached us.

“Wow, that was epic,” Ciel said. “And I’m totally not biased, being the flying type leader and all.”

“Thanks, I do like to be dramathicc whenever I can,” she replied. “Nice to meet you. My name is Candy Leiderhosen. I’m the owner of a small breeding shop in Reborn City, ex-Hoenn region champion and this sugar cube’s cousin.”

Candy shook both of their hands simultaneously and vigorously.

“Ah, Vanilla’s cousin?” Ciel commented, rubbing her hand.

“Incredible,” Samson said, and as soon as he did, Ciel prodded him with her elbow.

“I came to bring my cousin back to Reborn City,” Candy explained. “Ame told me about the situation in Agate City. Given how long you’ve been out of the city, I figured you either didn’t have the TM for Fly or didn’t have a pokemon that could learn the move.”

“I don’t have that TM and you didn’t give me a pokemon with wings, so I think both of those are correct.”

“In fact, I’m the leader you’d have to battle to get the TM,” Ciel noted. “However, you’ll first need to find a battle pass for that.”

“I didn’t actually think you’d continue battling the Reborn League with just the dozen pokemon I gave you as a present. You really are stubborn but damn cool!”

“If I can’t beat the Gym leaders with my new teammates, I won’t be able to accomplish my… purpose… when I return to Everland,” I said, gradually lowering my voice as I finished the sentence.

I wasn’t sure if Candy heard the entirety of my sentence, but luckily she didn’t question my meaning. As much as I cherished her friendship, I had never told her about my involvement with the Everland Underworld in much detail- nothing outside what was absolutely necessary to explain my extreme lethargy in the early days of my training. She had also left Everland around a year since I joined King's Defiance group, so I was saved from having to explain to her anything that could be interpreted as immoral. As such, my plan to return to Everland and revolt against the Everland Queen was something I wished to keep secret from her, at least for now. I imagined it could not remain secret anymore when it was put into action.

“Fortunately for you, I AM HERE,” she shouted, pulling me away from my thoughts. “And I became friends with Rayquaza while I was in Hoenn… well it’s a long story… so I can call him and bring you to Reborn City whenever! It could even be now, if you want.”

As much as I wanted to leave the Circus behind, the guilt poked my mind and I knew I had to close the Titania problem before I could return to Reborn City. So I explained to Candy that there were a couple of acquaintances waiting for me at the base of a waterfall, one of whom would curse me for the rest of my life if I don’t come haul them up.

“Ayyy I’m going too, then!” Candy exclaimed, jumping up and down.

“Wait, what no.”

“It will be Vanilla and Candy’s Adventures, round two!” she said, punching the air. “Remember that time in the creepy sanctuary? That was so awesome. Azalea liked the thrill too.”

“Candy. This time it’s just me going down a waterfall, picking two adult human beings, taking them to their home close by and returning here. There’s no glam, there’s no adventure.”

“Noooo problem! I bring the glam and adventure wherever I go,” she laughed. “Besides, you can’t carry two people up a waterfall, so an extra pair of idle hands will come in handy like candy.”

To be honest, I just didn’t want to bring Candy for the same reason that I told Shelly to wait for me in Calcenon. I cared for her too much to expose her to a possible traumatic experience. However, the real stubborn girl didn’t catch my meaning or pretended not to catch it, and in the end I, as always, had to step down and yield.

“If there are no objections, let’s get going!”

epItlph.png

On the way to the waterfall, I explained to Candy the details which I had hoped not to have to tell her, concerning Titania and Amaria and why they had both ended up down there. I also warned her about the possibility that we would encounter Amaria’s corpse, so that at least she could brace herself for impact. Candy was unusually silent.

When we reached the waterfall, she placed her arm before my chest, preventing me from taking another step forward.

“Shh,” she whispered. “Don’t you think it’s odd?”

“What’s odd?”

“What you just told me. I mean, you’re just about to save them from the pit of a waterfall, but Amaria is a water type Gym leader. Why hasn’t one of them used one of her pokemon to climb up Celestine Cascade already?”

I thought about it for a moment. Yes, I hadn’t thought much about going to get a couple of girls, since for one, I cared little for the redhead and only felt mild concern for the other. However, Candy’s observation opened an opportunity for me to think before blindly jumping into a scene. In fact, with the question she raised, another one popped into my head. Was going back up the waterfall the only way out for them?

“This waterfall… Celestine… Cascade,” I mumbled to myself.

I had heard of this waterfall before. When was it? Who had told me about it?

“This cascade, Celestine Cascade pours into a river that is connected to the lake,” I recalled Adrienn telling us a long time ago, when xe had come back with us from the odd place underneath the Grand Stairway.

“I wonder if they’re still there, or if they escaped to the lake already,” I said. “It’s been about a week since they fell down there.”

“Should we check their house in case?”

IC0u2DA.png

So we did as Candy suggested, but the house was left in the same condition as when I last visited it, albeit with a lot more dust everywhere. Wherever they had gone, Titania and Amaria had not returned to this place. That much was evident.

“I guess we will have to check on them down the Cascade after all,” Candy shrugged. “I can check what is up with the Water Treatment Center too, so I would kill two birds with one stone.”

I thought to myself that Ciel would disapprove of that saying, but instead inquired about what she meant by the Water Treatment Center.

“Oh you don’t know? The Cascade’s water passes through one part of the WTC so that it is cleaned from dirt and other possible contaminants before it is sent over to the rest of the region as tap water. There's also a second part of the same center which cleans the sewage water from the city so that it is released in good condition to Azurine Lake. Given that the Lake has remained polluted even after Amaria and you got rid of the PULSE in Mosswater Factory, Ame and co., including me, hypothesized that there may be something in the Factory may have broken down. It was a project to be dealt with later on, but since we’re here, I mean why not check that out as well?”

“I don’t mind,” I said.

“Of course you don’t,” Candy said, tapping the top of my head.

At the edge of the waterfall, Candy sent out her primarina, Poppy, and I sent out Prince (seismitoad) this time to climb down Celestine Cascade. At the base of the long waterfall, we found some rather surprising things.

For starters, we found Titania sitting next to a couple rotting corpses, neither of which were Amaria’s. In fact, they seemed to be Team Meteor grunts.

“Do you have any fucking idea how long I’ve been down here?” Titania barked at us when she saw us arrive.

tcC3aDQ.png

“Look, don’t complain when I came to help you out of a situation you and your journal put you in the first place,” I said with a calm voice.

Candy and I dislodged ourselves from our water type pokemon and stepped on the metallic floor.

“Who did you bring with you?” Titania asked, and since I was afraid she could treat Candy to the same fate as she did the Meteor grunts, I introduced them to each other.

“This is Candy, my cousin.”

“Titania, the Reborn steel type Gym leader, isn’t that right?” she asked in a quieter voice than expected. When I looked at her, she seemed to be faking her smile.

“Candy. I think I’ve seen you on TV before. You were the Hoenn region champion a few years back?”

“Should we be chit chatting idly like this?” I interrupted. “I see that you’ve found yet another Team Meteor hideout.”

“There’s nothing to do but chit chat,” Titania shrugged. “As you can see, that door is locked. When I reached here, some grunts were already taking Amaria to the other side of that door. I made some, mess, to put it mildly, but I couldn’t break through.”

The stinky corpses were more than a mess, but I didn’t feel in the place to judge. Candy, on the other hand, seemed offended that Titania had acted so rash.

“If only we had come earlier, my Lily (florges) could have treated their wounds…”

“Anyone who stands between Amaria and me will suffer the same consequence,” Titania said without a gram of regret.

As though on cue, a couple of New World Orderlies opened the door Titania had apparently tried so hard to open. Before the Orderlies could even say a word, Titania sent out her sword and shield™ pokemon and wore him as her personal armor.

“Stepping into a room with me will be the last dumb thing you’ll ever do,” she said.

The Orderlies looked at each other and then to the girl that was pointing a sword at them, and decided to relay the message they had been tasked to relay.

“A new commander has appeared on site,” one of them said. “We have been instructed to allow you access to the greater Treatment Center.”

“Why?” Titania asked, pointing her aegislash closer to the Orderly’s neck.

“I cannot answer that; I am merely following the instructions of the higher faith.”

IHGaWvz.png

“Fine, live by your orders,” Titania spat. “And die by them, too.”

With that, the redhead swung her sword and slashed almost half the Orderly’s neck. The man fell to the ground, where a pool of blood started to form.

“You,” whispered the other one, before retreating into the Treatment Center.

Candy stepped forward, sending out her primarina, florges and leavanny to stop the blood from flowing out and protect the open wound from infection. A sweet smell, which I recalled smelling once in the past when she had found me injured in Lapis Ward, wafted around the air.

“Are you one of them?” Titania asked, pointing the sword at Candy.

Right when she did that, though, I kicked her in her stomach. Titania crumbled onto the floor in a fashion not as elegant as to fit her style. Her hand let go of the sword and instead went right to her stomach where it had received the impact.

“What was that for?”

I grabbed a handful of her ginger hair and yanked her head to force her to meet my eyes.

“You question Candy like that again, and that will be your last dumb thing,” I warned.

“Please, Vanilla. I’m all right,” Candy said.

I looked at Titania’s bloodshot eyes for a few more seconds, before pushing her head away as I stood back up. Candy also walked from where the Orderly was lying unconscious and left her pokemon to continue the healing work by themselves. She approached Titania and offered her a hand to help her stand.

“I like to be on the side of people that do better,” she said. “And that’s the side that does less harm. Don’t mimic the terrorists.”

Titania helped herself up with Candy’s hand, but instead of just a simple thanks, she had to be unnecessarily edgy and said: “Don’t tell me what to do.”

Titania went into the WTC, but I waited for Candy to finish making sure that the Orderly would at least not die from excessive blood loss. I watched her as she treated her enemy’s wounds with as much gentleness as she would with her family’s. As I watched and repeated her words in my mind a couple of times, I felt my gut shrink as though it had been me who had been kicked in the stomach. I had the conviction that if she knew what had become of me in the years after she had left Everland, or what my true intentions were in starting a Pokemon journey in Reborn, we would no longer stand on the same side.

Spoiler
  • Titania (-1): 1/10 I'm not this bad, I hope.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Candy said:

Right when she did that, though, I kicked her in her stomach. Titania crumbled onto the floor in a fashion not as elegant as to fit her style. Her hand let go of the sword and instead went right to her stomach where it had received the impact.

“What was that for?”

I grabbed a handful of her ginger hair and yanked her head to force her to meet my eyes.

“You question Candy like that again, and that will be your last dumb thing,” I warned.

“Please, Vanilla. I’m all right,” Candy said.

I looked at Titania’s bloodshot eyes for a few more seconds, before pushing her head away as I stood back up. Candy also walked from where the Orderly was lying unconscious and left her pokemon to continue the healing work by themselves. She approached Titania and offered her a hand to help her stand.

“I like to be on the side of people that do better,” she said. “And that’s the side that does less harm. Don’t mimic the terrorists.”

I invented a mew word
Reborngasm

This episode made me wish Reborn had a 2 player mode

7 hours ago, Corso said:

I invented a mew word
Reborngasm

This episode made me wish Reborn had a 2 player mode

Lol now that I remember, you don't like Tania xD

Funny thing is that I had planned to make Candy come get Vanilla after her battle with Ciel (Vanilla doesn't have a single pokemon that can learn the move Fly) but she insisted on coming earlier than that. And the whole scene in the entrance to WTC was spontaneous because Candy is a nurturing type character (being a day care lady and all), Tania is a sociopath who keeps distrusting everyone ("so a new commander arrived at the same time you did") and Vanilla is Tania with less distrust and also great protective spirit when it comes to her cousin, friends and team. Personally, I like how natural it felt writing the scene.

Sorry I didn't reply back to this when it came out earlier this morning but I was literally falling asleep as I read this and was too tired to comment when I got done. BUT I'M UP NOW! EEEEEEE! <--- My inner James coming out. Yay! Candy's back and... was not expecting a Rayquaza to come out of the blue but hey. It makes her character more interesting. It feels weird to say that Vanilla is the middle person here with Tania and Candy. And what I mean is.

Titania - kills without hesitation

Candy - helps saving people no matter what side they're on without hesitation

Vanilla - might kill someone or help someone with hesitation

I mean that's how I see it anyways. Anyways, nice episode! 😄

7 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Titania - kills without hesitation

Candy - helps saving people no matter what side they're on without hesitation

Vanilla - might kill someone or help someone with hesitation

That's definitely a nice way to put it. And sorry you read when you were falling asleep 😅 I had an episode of insomnia last night and was trying to get me tired by writing.

Also I just saw that your Awesome Adventure run is also at the Water Treatment Center, but I'm guessing you won't continue the story until James' is further in?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Candy said:

That's definitely a nice way to put it. And sorry you read when you were falling asleep 😅 I had an episode of insomnia last night and was trying to get me tired by writing.

Also I just saw that your Awesome Adventure run is also at the Water Treatment Center, but I'm guessing you won't continue the story until James' is further in?

Lol. It's ok. I just felt bad I didn't reply back when I was able to read it. And basically yea. And also Bonnie too. Last year around the end of the year, I pumped out like I think 30 some episodes in the time of like a month. I think people should get a break of me and have some fresh readings of the other 2. Although, I'm really excited with James because I'm gonna try something new but I have no idea if it'll happen the way I want it to or not.

crashes back in after speed reading a few updates

I need to stop getting backlogged with this

I like how Candy appears and that's what Vanilla is more confused with, and not the Rayquaza casually hovering there

Back with Titania.... yay

Rule 1 of traveling in a party: Never mess with the white mage 

• Haha 1

On 5/18/2019 at 8:03 PM, Candy said:

--- During this time, Flannery is still crawilng through the rubble of Grandview Station in ruins. ---

And wow! Vanilla has clearly more guts than I thought. Kicking Titania to defend Candy is dare, and I largely understand her acting. As we might say, blood is thicker than steel 😉

Seen under this perspective, I could almost compare her to Saphira (don't set fire to me for this comparison ಸ_ಸ), except she seems to be less harsh than her. Also, it's nice to see Candy again. I remember when it was mentioned somewhere in the sanctum episodes that she once was the Champion of Hoenn, but I would have never expected to see her riding Rayquaza either! She must be an impressive trainer if she's able to do this! I wonder if she won't help Vanilla to get stronger later, or even have a fight with her further in the story ◕ ‿ ◕

Good job for this episode! 😄

PS: For some reason, the arrival of Candy in the circus reminded me a bit of the acrobatic scene of Winona from my own tale. Additionally, the couple of Samson and Ciel kind of reminds me of Wallace and Winona. I don't know why, but I like spotting details like these just for fun ^~^

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

--- During this time, Flannery is still crawilng through the rubble of Grandview Station in ruins. ---

And wow! Vanilla has clearly more guts than I thought. Kicking Titania to defend Candy is dare, and I largely understand her acting. As we might say, blood is thicker than steel 😉

Seen under this perspective, I could almost compare her to Saphira (don't set fire to me for this comparison ಸ_ಸ), except she seems to be less harsh than her. Also, it's nice to see Candy again. I remember when it was mentioned somewhere in the sanctum episodes that she once was the Champion of Hoenn, but I would have never expected to see her riding Rayquaza either! She must be an impressive trainer if she's able to do this! I wonder if she won't help Vanilla to get stronger later, or even have a fight with her further in the story ◕ ‿ ◕

Good job for this episode! 😄

PS: For some reason, the arrival of Candy in the circus reminded me a bit of the acrobatic scene of Winona from my own tale. Additionally, the couple of Samson and Ciel kind of reminds me of Wallace and Winona. I don't know why, but I like spotting details like these just for fun ^~^

When you put it like that, I feel like in that episode where I had multiple Vanillas and some other Reborn characters appear in the "twisted dimension" of the cave underneath the Grand Stairway, I should've instead had Flannery, James, Bonnie and Matthew traveling in their own timelines make a cameo. That'd have been epic but I'm ~ a year too late to think of that haha

Tania was already stepping on quite a few landmines within Vanilla and her doubting Candy's nature only set them up to explode 😂 at least Vanilla's a bit more reasonable than Tania and didn't kill her on the spot 🙄 and luckily Tania is starving and weak or a catfight might've ensued 😂 

Vanilla def categorizes in the character archetype that Tania and Saphira- tough shells to crack but once you crack them they're rather soft. Tania is soft to Amaria, Saphira is soft to her sisters and Vanilla is soft to Candy, Pikachu, Shelly maybe Cain and Charlotte are close too. The difference mainly lies in what they want to accomplish in life and why, more than personality, I'd say.

Candy, if I may say so myself, is a fun character because she just surprises Vanilla and maybe the audience. She surprised Vanilla when she revealed she'd married off, that she was acquainted with 7th Street and was rather welcomed as family there, and now this dramathicc entrance. She keeps surprising because she looks like an airheaded energetic young woman, but actually is badass and I personally like that dichotomy. Js head canon is that Candy went through the main story of Pokemon Emerald and became Champion defeating Wallace 😉 I wonder if Vanilla will fight Candy tho... heh

Tbh I hafta catch up on Flannery's adventure (ngl you taking long to update actually makes me feel better uwu) but I can totally see Winona doing acrobatics. Ciel being a aerial ballet performer would def get along with her... or maybe they'd become rivals? xD

Bonus: actual footage of Candy jumping off Rayquaza 

Spoiler

tumblr_opjayrukBL1vpg9oso1_500.gif

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Hey! Heard my story people being mentioned. I miss anything?

you didn't miss stuff but your reaction placed me in the B1G 1300s uwu

and yah I was just telling Q-Jei that my dumb brain should've thought of that idea so that the navigation through timeline-crossing catacombs became even more epic. Tho I'm not complaining cause even though I thought that part of the story was meh, more people liked it than I expected haha

• Like 1

kakr594.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 61kakr594.gif

Warning: contains some tacky dramathicc scene, proceed with caution.

The inside of the Water Treatment Center would’ve made you think that it was instead a Water Pollution Center. The point of at least part of the place was to clean the sewage water from cities into something that wouldn’t bite us in the ass once it was released into Azurine Lake, if what Candy told me was correct. Yet, the stench, though not as terrible as in either factory in Peridot Ward which I had the misfortune to visit, was still there in here too. Every pool of water was also a dull color, further inciting my disgust.

“Looks like our intuition was correct. I wonder why we couldn’t find out about the WTC being in this condition earlier,” Candy commented.

On our left, Titania was pointing her aegislash’s blade at a Team Meteor grunt, whose partner was quite literally frozen with fear.

“If you don’t want me to slash you into human sashimi, run. And don’t come back. Ever.”

Titania threatened this time, instead of actually putting the sword to bloody use. The two grunts ran out of the door that we had just come in from.

“Are you satisfied?” Titania asked Candy as we approached her.

“Yes, very much. Thank you,” my cousin replied.

“Let’s continue forward then.”

However, Titania only went a couple of steps forward before partially collapsing over some handrails. Candy touched her on the shoulder and asked her if she required assistance walking, but Titania shrugged her concerns off.

“I’m just starving and the terrible smell of this stupid place isn’t helping me,” she said. “But I’m not so weak as to give in just now.”

Her mention of starving reminded me of a pint of ice cream that was likely melting or already melted in my bag.

“Hey,” I said, and pushed the container into Titania’s hands. “I don’t have a spoon with me, but I’m guessing you can figure it out if you’re really that hungry.”

algS7TG.png

“Ice cream? I’d have made a pun about it, but I see it’s not vanilla flavored,” Candy chuckled.

“It’s a friggin Blue Moon Ice Cream. Come on. Thanks but no thanks.”

Titania held the container to me, but I did not take it back.

“What do you mean thanks but no thanks. Eat up so that you can stop waddling around. There’s a lot of pools of water in here, and I would hate to have to go into that stinky water to fish you out of one of them.”

“This stuff is rare. You should keep it for yourself.”

“Rare ice cream that is probably half-melted and which I was forced to receive,” I said, omitting that Terra had been the one to give it to me. “I’m not going to eat that sickly sweet thing.”

“Don’t insult yummy ice cream like that, Vanilla,” Candy scolded me.

“Fine. If you’re that desperate to get rid of the thing, suit yourself. I’ll take it,” Titania said.

She yanked the lid open and plunged her un-armored arm into the softened ice cream without a hint of hesitation.

“I’m not going to say thanks,” she clarified, as she gulped down the treat. “Even if this is... actually really good.”

She continued eating out of the container with her bare hand, until she finished the whole thing by herself.

“I’d have saved some for you to taste, but I couldn’t stop myself and besides I don’t think you’d want to eat out of the same container I stuck my fingers into.”

“You’re right about that,” I said. “If you’re done with it, dispose of the waste and let’s go.”

I turned and was ready to lead the herd, when Titania stopped me.

“Wait, I, uh… Thanks. There, I said it. Sue me.”

Candy apparently found something funny and went on a fit of laughter, but I just shrugged and resumed walking.

“You know, once we get to know each other a bit more, I’m sure we’d get along pretty awesome,” I heard Candy said to Titania.

mQGC96g.png?1

The WTC itself was a maze of smelly pools and solid waste that accumulated so much that it formed thick patches on the water. Moreover, there were a few gates that only allowed passage in one direction, and others that appeared to have been left on just for one passage, which set us back a couple of times when Titania passed and we were stuck on the other side. On such occasions, Candy briefed me on what had been going on in Reborn City since I had left, as we looked for alternative paths in the WTC to rejoin Titania.

“Adrienn and Ame teamed up to turn the city pretty, and they’ve done a damn good job so far,” she said. “Places that just required some extensive cleaning, like Opal Ward, has been cleaned up and some pretty trees and flowers were planted for aesthetics. Other wards, like Jasper and Beryl, which suffered a lot of damage from Team Meteor’s plant attacks, needed to be rebuilt anew.”

“I don’t believe that could’ve had much progress.”

“That was much more tasking, yes, but Adrienn was able to encourage like 90% of Reborn’s population to join in every shape and form to help out. A lot of people and corporations donated to renovating the city, and even more joined the workforce as constructors. The wards are actually pretty advanced in terms of completion.”

“Sounds like Adrienn turned out to be the magical leader,” I rolled my eyes.

“Xe is certainly an outstanding spokesperson. I greatly admire xyr eloquence and passionate way of speaking. I don’t blame the citizens for being moved by xyr words.”

“Was that what you wanted to tell me in private?” I asked, referring to what she whispered to me when she arrived to Agate Circus.

“Oh, no. That’s no secret at all. I have one thing I need to tell you, and it’s the reason why I’ve come to bring you back to the city.”

“Then, let’s hear it.”

“Um, it’s actually something to do with Team Meteor, so I don’t think it’d be wise to talk about that inside a place infested with them. Once we get back to Reborn City, Ame will call us to talk about it together.”

“I see.”

“Oh, but there is something else that I meant to tell you as well. Something kinda unexpected, and potentially awesome news, so that you don’t feel sad about having to wait a bit to hear Ame’s talk.”

“I don’t feel sad, but carry on.”

“The truth is, sometime two weeks ago or so, Jasmin visited my shop!”

Candy seemed amused by her own confession, but it took me a great deal of control over my face to not wrinkle it into a frown.

“Jasmin, from Everland, yes that’s the one. She told me that she was visiting Reborn and looking for you. You can hardly imagine how surprised I was, because she came in alone, and I don’t think high school classes are over yet, so it was definitely a strange time for her to be visiting. Besides, isn’t graduation season right on the corner? I asked her about exams, but she evaded my question…”

“Did you tell her where I was?” I said, trying not to sound defensive in vain.

“Well I didn’t know where you were at the time when she visited, unfortunately, so I didn’t. When I heard from Ame that you were here, I then had no idea where to find Jasmin,” Candy said. “But is something the matter? You don’t look as happy as I expected you to be.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

“Oh, maybe I should tell you the bigger, bester news! This will definitely raise your spirits,” she smiled. “Aladdin! Yep, your boyfriend’s also in Reborn! If he was going to come here himself, he could’ve said so in his letter-”

Candy placed a hand over her lips and looked a bit bewildered, but I didn’t heed the latter half of her speech.

“Candy, you don’t know a lot of things and you can blame me for not telling you, but please. Don’t ever refer to Aladdin as my… that. He’s too far from the meaning of that word.”

“My, I’m sorry. I didn’t know you, um, broke up? It seems I’m not giving you good news after all.”

“Don’t worry. Aladdin and I already met in Ametrine. That was only a few days ago,” I said, paying attention to my uneven breathing.

“Is that when you broke up? It’s okay though if you don’t want to tell me, but I think you might not have anyone to vent to, since Wolfie isn’t in Reborn as far as I know.”

rvEnKV6.png

I could no longer hold it together. Not when I heard Candy pronounce her name, and when it dawned to me that I would have to tell Candy the wretched news. However much I would’ve rather not, I closed my eyes and told her the truth- that Wolfie was no longer among us. Candy was shocked speechless, which allowed me to give her a brief, half-true half-fake narrative leading to Wolfie’s passing, about Aladdin’s betrayal, about the Everland police kinda low key being after me, and then as bonus, that Jasmin being up to no good. It was a difficult thing to do, because by default I am not a smooth liar. I don’t think my narrative even made sense, and Candy could probably tell that I was making most of it up on the spot, but if she did, she didn’t inquire into it unnecessarily. When I was done speaking, Candy pulled me into a tight embrace.

“I’m sorry I didn’t ask anything until now,” she said. “I knew something major had happened to you, for otherwise he wouldn’t have told me to make arrangements to invite you to Reborn. However, when I saw you… much more standoffish and stern than you were while I was in Everland, I thought asking you for details would only make it worse.”

“I appreciate that. To be honest, it took me a long while to digest everything myself, and I think it was best that I was allowed to do so alone. Well, also with some people and pokemon’s help, to be precise, but most of the thinking happened in my mind. I needed time, you knew it, and now I’m better.”

Candy softened the embrace.

“I wish I could’ve been of more help,” she said, letting go of me. “But honestly, I wouldn’t have guessed Aladdin, of all people, could’ve betrayed you or anyone. And on something so significant as to result in someone’s death! Are you absolutely sure about that? I don’t mean to discredit you, I just find it so unbelievable and strange.”

“It’s absolutely true,” I said. “And when I reproached him for it, he said, with all the nerve in the world, that he was only doing what was right. He showed no signs of remorse for what he did to me or Wolfie.”

“I really can’t believe we are even talking about the same person,” Candy exclaimed.

“What is so unbelievable? He’s been playing all of us the whole time. That’s the end of it.”

“Then why help you escape Everland?”

Now it was my turn to be puzzled.

“What do you mean?”

“I keep forgetting that I’m not supposed to allude to that. Err can you pretend that I didn’t say anything?”

“No, Candy. Speak up, and now.”

“I guessed as much. Well, how should I say this. You remember how I sent you an express note inviting you to come to Reborn?”

“Yes.”

As soon as an affirmative answer left my lips, I realized a large twisted hole that I had somehow missed until now. I remembered I was not in the right state of mind back then to think much about it, but it was embarrassing, to say the least, that I was only thinking about this now.

“I never told you anything, yet how could you have known that I was in need of refuge outside of Everland?” I formed the question aloud. “You don’t mean to tell me…”

“Yes, I mean to tell you exactly that. Aladdin sent me a letter, a concise one, where he told me that you were in desperate need to leave Everland, that I must send you a message inviting you to join me in Reborn, and to never mention the contents of the missive. For whatever reason, he didn’t sign off with his full name; only with his first initial. However, I didn’t even need to see the missive itself to know who the sender had been, since no one I know other than him could master the art of sending an Everish pigeon holding a note all the way to Reborn.”

At that moment, I unwillingly imitated Titania’s waddle and collapse move. Information overload. There had to be some mistake or a misunderstanding or something of the sort in all of this. Aladdin couldn’t have been the one to arrange my escape from Everland. He just couldn’t have been.

“I’m sorry Vanilla. I kind of slightly expected that you'd have caught the small hint I gave you when I sent you my message. The little bird who told me you were in trouble. I wrote that to make you happy that your boyf- I mean, he had been thinking of, well, you. I didn't think this would turn to this big mess. I really don’t like that I've caused you pain,” Candy said, and sent out her florges again. “Lily, use aromatherapy. The whole place stinks anyways so it might help that a bit as well.”

The sweet smell caressed my nostrils and I felt my mind pausing the high-wired thinking.

“Lily’s aromatherapy has relaxing effects. We should be focusing on finding Titania’s friend and maybe finding a fix for the WTC’s pollution. As for the topic about Aladdin… I think you might need to speak to him again to clear it up and be on the same page.”

I didn't say it aloud, but I had reason to dissent to Candy's suggestion. Aladdin was most likely not going to be able to answer any of my questions, now that he was dead.

Candy pulled my arm over her shoulder and we started walking again. Pikachu on my other shoulder caressed my cheek, which prevented me from falling asleep from the sweet smell.

Spoiler
  • Titania (+1): 2/10 Even if I hate giving points to her, she did stop killing unnecessarily as Candy wished and thanked me for the ice cream.

... And with that, I've answered one of those "think about this" questions I wrote once upon a time: Candy sent a letter inviting Vanilla to escape to Reborn City. How did Candy get to know about Vanilla’s problem in Everland, if she wasn’t there?

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5