From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, Candy said:

Yeah Pikachu wouldn't have an issue with that, but she considers him more like a friend / moral support than a fighting pokemon. So she'll likely only use her own pokemon if she wants to make a command. In Vanilla's mind she has a distinction between teammates (the people she led back in Everland, and her pokemon team) and friends (Wolfie, Shelly, Pikachu).

Makes sense. Btw, can I tell you how difficult you made it for me to remember what Pokemon Pikachu is? I keep thinking it's an actual Pikachu, then I remember that it's a Pachirisu and then I remember that it died and is now a Mimikyu. Although... Mimikyu is supposed to sound like Pikachu but it's a Pachirisu so it's name should be changed to... Mimikyisu? xD

• Haha 1

Huh

She gave up the Ruby Ring

Interesting 

The build up was good, Vanilla slowly realizing more and more reasons why giving the ring was a better idea than keeping it and risking Heather's safety. 

Though I'm interested in the alternate path seeing how Vanilla reacts to Aster 

On 2/12/2019 at 9:14 AM, uberle said:

Huh

She gave up the Ruby Ring

Interesting 

The build up was good, Vanilla slowly realizing more and more reasons why giving the ring was a better idea than keeping it and risking Heather's safety. 

Though I'm interested in the alternate path seeing how Vanilla reacts to Aster 

ngl Heather's safety wasn't much in her mind when she made the decision to give the ring. It was more Shelly's peer pressure xD She didn't want to give the ring because she had a feeling Charlotte's theory on giving the negotiation piece away was correct... but perhaps she thought trusting a theory may not be strong motivation enough to risk Heather dying from hypothermia (which would break Shelly).

• Sad 1

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Nt3HYcezYIg/VhfF0DTDNZI/AAAAAAAADEA/oHPy5n8Djqk/s172/tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 55http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Nt3HYcezYIg/VhfF0DTDNZI/AAAAAAAADEA/oHPy5n8Djqk/s172/tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

The hidden passage was connected with a short wooden bridge to the snowy mountain on the back of the building. We walked cautiously not to slip on the snow, and continued onto the inclined path on the mountain. It didn’t take much guesswork to find the supposed house Heather was trapped in, for the path only led to one midsized cottage.

Shelly ran over to the metallic door and slammed her fist a couple of times to catch Heather’s attention. The unexpectedly quiet sounds of Shelly’s knocking gave me the impression that the door was thick and sturdy, and trying to turn the doorknob confirmed that it was locked from both the inside and outside.

“Heather, can you hear me? It’s me, Shelly. We’ve come to rescue you,” Shelly said with as loud a voice she could muster.

However, no sound was heard from the other end. Shelly looked at me with furrowed brows.

“I wonder if she can’t hear me, or if she’d reply even if she could.”

c76fXk1.png

That reminded me that Heather had fallen into some sort of trance and hadn’t spoken a word to any of us since the incident at Dr Connal’s orphanage.

“We’ll have to find a way to open the door. Blasted! That jerk knew we didn’t have a key to open it, and agreed to let us know her location.”

“And you probably need to hurry up before Team Meteor comes to pick him up,” a voice said from nowhere. We looked around us and saw no one, until the voice’s owner showed up flying on the back of a charizard. It was… Cal, but with a different hair color.

“Hope you did use proper hair dye, unlike me,” I sneered, remembering how he had mocked my temporary pink hair.

“I did. This is actually my real hair color, I just dyed it back,” he said as he got off his pokemon and returned him to his pokeball.

I didn’t reply to that, but it made sense that he would have blue hair, given his older brother’s has that color.

“What brings you to these snowy mountains, fire boy?”

“I came to talk with Blake, but I overheard him radioing Team Meteor for an air unit, saying that he’d obtained the Ruby Ring from you. I figured we could team up to get that back, and also allow me to get revenge on him at the same time.”

Shelly had been quiet, but once Cal was done explaining the situation, she ventured to offer a shy “hello”. The now blue-haired guy hesitated to meet her gaze, but he eventually forced himself to.

Om2nHTs.png

“Shelly. It’s been a while.”

“Y-yeah,” she said.

A silence ensued, both staring at each other with stiff expressions, as though they wanted to say things, but were not being brave enough to actually voice them.

“Shelly, I’ll try to see if I can smash open the door with my medicham. I think it’ll be best for you to get closure on the matter we touched on,” I said, briefly eyeing Cal so she knew what matter I was referring to. She seemed to comprehend me and nodded.

While I instructed medicham-Aladdin to Hi Jump Kick the door repeatedly, Shelly started talking to Cal. I noticed that the boy relaxed his shoulders when she spoke.

“Um… about what h-happened last time-”

“Yes, I’m sorry for having snapped at you like that back then,” he cut her sentence and apologized. “I don’t hope to get forgiveness because my behavior was inexcusable. My life was a real mess. It’s still a mess, but if it serves of any comfort to you, I’m trying to clean it up.”

Shelly shook her head.

“Vanilla told me that both of us, um, misunderstood each other and s-so we should share the blame,” she said. “If you need my forgiveness, um, I give it to you, even if there isn’t anything m-much to forgive. I hope you’ll f-forgive me too. I’ll try to be better at understanding others.”

“Vanilla did, huh?” Cal glanced my way. “Then let’s forgive each other and carry on. We can be better versions of ourselves. I, for one, refuse to keep living in response to what my brother does or doesn’t do.”

“T-then we can be friends again?”

“Of course,” Cal said, offering his right hand. Shelly took it with both of hers and shook it.

When they were done reforming their friendship, Shelly turned to see me. Her whole face radiated a smile, one brighter than any she had ever expressed since we met. For the first time ever, she looked her age- like a child- and not like one who had been forced to mature at an accelerated speed. Cal looked at her and then at me with visible curiosity, but he refrained from commenting just yet.

Medicham-Aladdin had failed to make an opening on the door, but he had made some indentations on it. The noise had apparently been loud enough for Heather to hear us too, since now we could hear soft knocking sounds coming from the other side.

“I think we’ll have to use brute force,” I said. “Once, I freed myself from an enclosure by heating, cooling and then rock blasting the metal bars. Let’s see if we can replicate that.”

“If it’s about heating things, count me in,” Cal said.

“I have an a-armaldo that knows rock blast,” Shelly said.

“That leaves ice,” I noted. “Easy.”

Cal released magmortar, Shelly released armaldo and I released Elsa, my alolan ninetales. Her ability, snow warning, made snow fall on top of the mountain.

“I guess we should be careful with avalanches later,” Cal shrugged and told magmortar to use flamethrower onto the door.

While the metal was still steaming, Elsa used blizzard on it which caused the structure to make cracking sounds. Shelly’s armaldo finished the job by rock blasting, which made a large hole on what seemed like an indestructible door.

“W-we did it,” Shelly celebrated.

From within, a salamence came out followed by its owner.

“It seems your friend was also giving us a hand with her dragon,” Cal commented to Shelly.

“Shelly? Vanilla? What are you doing here?” Heather asked. Apparently her ability to speak had not been taken away from her after all. “That’s a stupid question. Obviously you chimed in to get me out of that storage building. Really, thank you.”

Shelly jumped onto her embarrassed friend and hugged her tightly.

“Don’t mention it. I’m just so glad you’re safe,” she said. “I was so worried when Blake said he’d locked you in.”

“Ugh, don’t even mention that idiot,” Heather rolled her eyes. “He said there would be no rules here, and bam. I give food to the starving people and he locks me in. So much for ‘no rules’. I hope the other guy kept feeding them for me though.”

DWjVUa4.png

“Other guy?” Cal asked, and I twitched.

Shelly disengaged from the embrace and looked at me with concern in her expression. Without knowing what awkward atmosphere she was creating, Heather continued talking.

“Yeah, a foreigner’s been helping me with the job. It’s not been too long since he flew in on a-”

“Heather,” I cut her short, because I was starting to feel sick to my stomach. “Blake has your Ruby Ring, and he’s going to get picked up by Team Meteor if we don’t do something quickly.”

“He has what? My mom’s ring?!”

“Yeah, we have to stop him before he gets on the air unit,” Shelly added.

“Duh. Sounds like it’s time for sweet justice.”

“I couldn’t have said better,” Cal said. “And if Solaris shows up, leave him to me. I have a bone to pick after a certain incident at Pyrous mountain.”

I nodded, but I internally thought that if Solaris showed up, I would take care of him personally.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go,” Heather said.

“Good. You and I will take the flying route. Let’s try to slow the air unit down, or shoot it down if we can.”

Once that was decided, Cal and Heather jumped on their respective pokemon and took off for the skies.

“That leaves us two,” I told Shelly. “Let’s follow Blake and get the cursed ring back.”

zHgDLnM.png

We had trouble running on the snow, but we finally caught up to Blake a point a little lower than halfway to the top of the mountain. He was, of course, unhappy to see us, but stopped hiking to speak to us.

“What do you want? I bet you released Heather from the hut, and have the TM for waterfall already,” he said. “Do you mean to cheat and rob me of the ring after a deal was agreed on? That’d be criminal behavior, don’t you agree? You might want to join Team Meteor.”

“You’re mistaken,” I said. “We’ve struck a deal, but we’re still enemies. Even behaviors that are frowned upon are allowed in war.”

Blake’s smirk widened.

“Is that so? Then I’ll be extra careful,” he said as two Team Meteor grunts jumped out of nowhere to assist him. They blocked our way with their pokemon, while Blake continued to climb up the mountain.

“Wait up, coward,” I called him, but he didn’t stop walking.

“Even ignoring your requests is allowed in war, I suppose,” he said and laughed loudly.

“Damn it,” I sighed. “Shelly, let’s get rid of this pair.”

We fought and won. Unlike my experience teaming up with Aya, coordinating our pokemon’s actions went much more smoothly with Shelly. When I was taking the offensive, her pokemon used supportive moves to increase defense or deal the final blow to an opponent when it was about to faint. That was the same in the next few fights we had against the grunts that kept slowing us down. When my pokemon were tired and I switched to the defensive role, Shelly made her team to increase the offense. Her ability to easily adjust her role according to my lead made her an ideal battling partner.

When we almost caught up to Blake once again, an unforeseen nuisance got in our way. It so happened that the current area was the open plane on the north of Ametrine mountain that Aladdin had told me to find him at. Precisely, he was sitting next to his blaziken on a rock largely devoid of snow. He was reading a book with a stern face, when the noise of Blake and our voices brought his attention to us, especially me.

7CLXqx3.png

“Vanilla Eterna,” he called me. “I was beginning to think you’d never show up.”

I wasn’t yet ready to face him again, but the fact of the matter was that I would probably never be ready.

“You were very low on my priority list,” I reply with sarcasm. “But I guess I’ll have to deal with you now.”

“Of course. Don’t expect me to let you go free twice.”

I glared at him but then nodded. I had to make an executive decision.

“Shelly,” I turned to face her. “I have to send this demon to Hell. Would you please chase Blake without me?”

Shelly widened her eyes in fear, and her breathing became irregular.

“B-but, I don’t know if I can do it… I d-don’t want to pull everyone’s leg and, um, disappoint Heather.”

I placed both of my hands on her shoulders, and looked directly into her eyes which were located only a couple of inches lower than mine. Doing so automatically calmed her breathing a little.

“Do you trust me?” I asked.

“Yes, o-of course,” she replied.

“If you trust me, then trust yourself because I trust you.”

She nodded without taking her gaze off of me. I let go of her, and started walking towards Aladdin.

I looked back at her once to make sure she was following Blake, and then I faced forward, where my own battlefield laid.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Shelly (+1): 9/10 She was able to sort things out with Cal and was brave enough to go face Blake alone
  • Cal (+2): 3/10 I don't hate the guy that much anymore- who am I to judge someone who is trying to redo their life?
  • Heather (+1): 6/10 Got to give her credit for preventing Ametrine City from starving
  • Blake (-1): -1/10 Making a fool of me never sits well

Guess what idiot spent time writing an entire chapter instead of studying for an exam? xD Anyhow, 25K views and counting. Frens I'm not the only procrastinator around these lands haha

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I like how you changed up the parts here with Cal and Shelly talking as Vanilla tries rescuing Heather. xD But as always, you did an awesome job! Can't wait the next episode! Btw, nice job on getting 25,000 views on this! Totally deserves it! 🙂

Yep I changed that part because Cal's starting anew speech was interesting the first playthrough but every playthrough after that I've just skipped the whole thing... which makes me think that if I were to write the speech word for word on this pretty-much-fanfiction, people would get bored of reading right then. So keeping in mind that my readers prolly know what Cal says, I abridged it to only contain stuff that is important in Shelly's custom character arc.

I personally liked this episode because it gave proper closure to Shelly's conflict with Cal, which has been in the background since Season 1 and was revived the previous episode. Also Shelly's at 9/10 which is pretty much at the level of esteem and trust that homegirl Vanilla has for her cousin Candy (and had for her bestie Wolfie). Additionally this is the episode right before the peak of Shelly's character development, and it makes me happy that she's come such a long way since the first time Vanilla met her, and also making a more dramatic attitude change compared to her canon counterpart. Not to mention that I've been waiting to write the next episode since my Season 1 days, so I'm also angery and curious about this episode ending in a cliffhanger xD

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Candy said:

“T-then we can be friends again?”

“Of course,” Cal said, offering his right hand. Shelly took it with both of hers and shook it.

When they were done reforming their friendship, Shelly turned to see me. Her whole face radiated a smile, one brighter than any she had ever expressed since we met. For the first time ever, she looked her age- like a child- and not like one who had been forced to mature at an accelerated speed. Cal looked at her and then at me with visible curiosity, but he refrained from commenting just yet.

OwO

Shelly kawaii levels to the maximum!

I like how you incorporated the fire-ice-break technique into this instead of the game's usual way. Teamwork~

What if Vanilla didn't have Elsa with her? Would she just have thrown snow on the door?

12 hours ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Something tells me that you're somehow either gonna have:

1. Have Vanilla VS Alladin (?) while Shelly somehow manages to beat Blake.

2. Have Blake physically abuse Shelly by the time Vanilla gets there.

3. Somehow have like a 2 VS 1 VS 1 Battle.

you're definitely onto something there my fren

6 hours ago, Corso said:

Guess what idiot spent time writing reading an entire chapter instead of studying for an exam?

I'm glad I can fall and pull y'all down with me ❤️ let's get back up together too~

3 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

OwO

Shelly kawaii levels to the maximum!

I like how you incorporated the fire-ice-break technique into this instead of the game's usual way. Teamwork~

What if Vanilla didn't have Elsa with her? Would she just have thrown snow on the door?

my Shelly > canon Shelly, prove me wrong

Hehe the thing is, something that didn't add up in the original story is that Heather has a friggin salamence and couldn't free herself from a hut that Shelly's megayanma and Cal's magmortar could easily open. So I changed it so that the door is pretty much indestructible, except when too much stress is placed on it such as in the shape of heat-cooling + rock blast + salamence's something maybe draco meteor?

Lol perhaps all three of them would've had to keep throwing snow to make it as effective as Elsa's blizzard xD

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Actually, I just thought of something. Since they were already in a very cold area, wouldn't the door already be freezing cold? o.O

yah Idk how the heating-cooling really works but iirc it has to be flamethrower -> ice beam -> rock blast in that order, so I kept it like that 😛 I think heating it quickly and then cooling it quickly would make the material more brittle anyway

26 minutes ago, Candy said:

yah Idk how the heating-cooling really works but iirc it has to be flamethrower -> ice beam -> rock blast in that order, so I kept it like that 😛 I think heating it quickly and then cooling it quickly would make the material more brittle anyway

But wouldn't flamethrower not be as effective if they weren't in a snowy mountain? 🤔 That's right! I brought in the field affect! And also, wouldn't Rock Blast become a Rock/Ice Type Move?!

16 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

But wouldn't flamethrower not be as effective if they weren't in a snowy mountain? 🤔 That's right! I brought in the field affect! And also, wouldn't Rock Blast become a Rock/Ice Type Move?!

look at my dude finding plot holes xD that be absolutely right! well for our purposes let's just say Cal's magmortar defies the laws of Ameniverse xD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Candy said:

look at my dude finding plot holes xD that be absolutely right! well for our purposes let's just say Cal's magmortar defies the laws of Ameniverse xD

Nope. NOPE! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! REWRITE THAT WHOLE EPISODE! IT'S BEEN RUINED! RUINED I TELL YOU! (I hope you don't take that seriously. I'm just joking.)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Candy said:

my Shelly > canon Shelly, prove me wrong

Hehe the thing is, something that didn't add up in the original story is that Heather has a friggin salamence and couldn't free herself from a hut that Shelly's megayanma and Cal's magmortar could easily open. So I changed it so that the door is pretty much indestructible, except when too much stress is placed on it such as in the shape of heat-cooling + rock blast + salamence's something maybe draco meteor?

Lol perhaps all three of them would've had to keep throwing snow to make it as effective as Elsa's blizzard xD

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it that in the game Heather couldn't break the door with Salamence because the door had to be attacked on both sides in order to be broken?

And xD good point

1 hour ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Consider that it's just a door 😅

All that matters is that Flamethrower provided the necessary heat and Rock Blast brought the force needed to break the door. I stand by your side Prince Candy-sama!

2 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't it that in the game Heather couldn't break the door with Salamence because the door had to be attacked on both sides in order to be broken?

Wait... I just thought about it. How does that make any sense!? If you attack something on both sides, doesn't it just stay in place? And when the door is broken, it's on the outside... Although, maybe Heather wasn't in her right mindset to properly command Salamence, Therefore, it's attacks weren't as strong... Hmmm...

1 minute ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Wait... I just thought about it. How does that make any sense!? If you attack something on both sides, doesn't it just stay in place? And when the door is broken, it's on the outside... Although, maybe Heather wasn't in her right mindset to properly command Salamence, Therefore, it's attacks weren't as strong... Hmmm...

They weren't trying to move the door but break it. Let's say the door was sturdy enough to take hits on one side but if hit simultaneously it won't resist and instead will crack. That's the point of hitting it on both sides. If Salamence cared for Heather at all, they would try their very best to get her out regardless of her mindset. I'm not saying that like Salamence doesn't care for her, I'm just pointing it out.

xD Look at us, going all philosophical about a door.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SilverHelio said:

They weren't trying to move the door but break it. Let's say the door was sturdy enough to take hits on one side but if hit simultaneously it won't resist and instead will crack. That's the point of hitting it on both sides. If Salamence cared for Heather at all, they would try their very best to get her out regardless of her mindset. I'm not saying that like Salamence doesn't care for her, I'm just pointing it out.

xD Look at us, going all philosophical about a door.

… They should have just went after the hinges on the side of the door. Would have been way easier. And duh! Obviously, the door is the most important part of the episode. It must be talked about! Lol.

Yeah! That was a nice episode 🙂

So, Vanilla VS Aladdin AND Shelly VS Blake confirmed! I like how badass and independent Shelly becomes through your writings. That might be quite promising, especially if she manages to beat Blake. Who knows? Maybe she won't, and Vanilla will arrive right on time to rescue her. But still, Aladdin risks to be a dangerous opponent for Vanilla, both physically and psychologically speaking. At least, we all know he has a Blaziken now. I look forward to seeing how important the role of Cal might be in the next episode 😉

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Q-Jei said:

Yeah! That was a nice episode 🙂

So, Vanilla VS Aladdin AND Shelly VS Blake confirmed! I like how badass and independent Shelly becomes through your writings. That might be quite promising, especially if she manages to beat Blake. Who knows? Maybe she won't, and Vanilla will arrive right on time to rescue her. But still, Aladdin risks to be a dangerous opponent for Vanilla, both physically and psychologically speaking. At least, we all know he has a Blaziken now. I look forward to seeing how important the role of Cal might be in the next episode 😉

Maybe Shelly and Cal tag team against Blake? owo

• Like 1

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 56tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Sorry for lack of pics but hecc there ain't much to picture when it's mostly dialogue lul

Also what happens with Shelly will hafta wait until next episode cause this one went wae longer than I expected oof

I hadn’t prepared my bloodlust, so I stood there only glaring at a face that brought me mostly terrible memories.

“I thought I’d be a goner once you came here,” he said. “What are you waiting for? Didn’t you want to rip my throat earlier today?”

Indeed, I thought I’d not be able to control my anger when I saw him too. Yet, perhaps it was the influence from Cal and Shelly that added a hint of melancholy to my own tragedy. Unlike it was for them, it was impossible for Aladdin and I to return to the past.

I said nothing. My gaze moved from his face to his mismatched shirt, and lastly to the book in his hand. Its cover looked like it was made of a wine red leather, but there seemed not to be a title written anywhere. Aladdin noticed that my attention had shifted to his book, and waved it in the air before throwing it my way.

“Now that its original owner is gone, I think it should belong to you,” he said.

“What do you mean?”

I opened the book and passed my eyes over some pages quickly. It wasn’t a published book, but a notebook with familiar penmanship which mere sight of almost gave me a stroke.

“It’s Wolfie’s diary.”

I shut the book and glared at him with anger mixed with awe. However, the words had resonated in me so much that I had to close my eyes tightly and stiffen my body for a moment to keep my calm.

“How did you obtain this?” I said, but my voice cracked.

“I knew Wolfie kept a diary, and I spied her one night to see where she hid it,” Aladdin explained. “It wasn’t hard to retrieve it while the police was busy looking for physical evidence to frame you as Eterna.”

“And you thought it okay to read this?” I raised the diary up with a shaking hand. “How dare you. How dare you disrespect Wolfie’s memory like that.”

“Wolfie is dead, Vanilla. There’s nothing to disrespect,” he shrugged. “I read some of it to see if it contained information about the other Defiance groups, but instead found things that perhaps you will find difficult to digest.”

“Shut up,” I shouted and clenched a fist on the hand that wasn’t holding the book. “Her memory is sacred for me, even now that she’s gone.”

I walked side to side in order to slow my breathing and dry the tears that threatened to spill out of my lower eyelids.

“When I left Everland alone, I found out that I could live without you no problem. Once you turned from dream to nightmare, I only remembered you with bitterness but never with longing,” I said and noticed Aladdin’s left eye twitch once. “However, without Wolfie… I’m a mess. I kept buying useless fights. Some fights I won, but many I lost due to lack of foresight. I fell into traps much simpler than traps I avoided in the Underworld thanks to her. When I lost Wolfie, I lost my compass.”

I raised the diary to my chest and caressed a cover that Wolfie must have opened a few hundred times.

“That’s why I won’t allow you to walk all over her like she doesn’t matter anymore. Disrespect me all you like, but if you do or say one more thing to insult her, that will be the last thing you do on this planet.”

Aladdin nodded.

“I have no reason to disrespect her,” he said. “I know first hand how loyal a right hand man she was. A true friend. I would be lying if I said I wasn’t jealous of you for having someone care about you as much as she did.”

His blaziken took a step closer to him and placed a claw on his shoulder. He looked at the bird pokemon’s face and smiled without parting his lips.

“Bullshit, Aladdin. I cared about you back in Everland,” I barked. “You should be jealous of my ability to keep loyal companions instead.”

“True,” he said, his face returning to its stern expression.

There was silence then. I gave Wolfie’s diary to Pikachu, because I had a feeling that our civil conversation was coming to its end.

“Would you go support Shelly for me?” I asked Pikachu.

Though I couldn’t tell his expression from over his cloth, I knew he hesitated because he did not move from the spot. He made a low purring noise, which made me smile a little.

“Don’t worry, I will be fine.”

With one last pat on the head, Pikachu went running up the mountain.

By now Blake and Shelly must be at the top, I thought. I could not see them from where I stood, but I caught a few glimpses of the helicopter that came for Blake struggling with Cal and Heather’s aerial attacks. Everyone was giving their all, and I wasn’t going to be the odd one out.

Aladdin stared at me and glanced at the top of the mountain.

“From what I understand, you’re working with people in this region to protect it from a terrorist organization,” he said. “It made the headlines in Everland, that an Everish noble who fled the region was involved in Reborn’s politics. Thanks to that article, we were able to pinpoint your location.”

“So what if I am? I don’t have to justify every step I take.”

“No, you don’t. I was only mocking your carelessness in allowing the Everland Police to know you were in Reborn, and also the irony of you fighting on the side of the Gym Leaders.”

“I would never side with people who murder innocent lives like Team Meteor,” I replied.

“And yet, you fought on the side of rebellion in Everland, not on the side of the Status Quo like you’re doing in this region. Innocent lives, you say? You killed more than one member of the Everland Police during your raids in the Underworld.”

“The Everland Police is the Queen’s pawns. They’re by no means innocent.”

Aladdin paused, took a deep breath and sighed.

“Before you joined the Defiance, I’m sure your opinion on the Everland Police was favorable,” he said. “You only see them as the enemy because you got brainwashed by the Defiance’s agenda.”

I was silent, so Aladdin continued speaking.

“Just as you wanted to help the Underworld citizens accomplish revolution, the Everland Police, the Queen, Jasmin and I want to protect the Overworld. In our eyes, you’re the same as Team Meteor, threatening our peace and safety.”

I launched a punch directly in his face, which sent Aladdin flying back. I ran over to give him a second blow, but his blaziken cut in between us, and Aladdin caught my wrist in the split moment that I paused my movement to avoid the pokemon. His grip was tight and I couldn’t take my arm back.

“Did my words hurt your pride thus?” he asked, wiping his nosebleed with the hand that wasn’t holding my wrist. He only managed to smear the blood under his nose.

“You wouldn’t understand me. You’re part of the Overworld.”

“Vanilla, you’re part of the Overworld too. We didn’t have to be enemies,” he said with furrowed brows. “I told you several times while we were dating. I told you that you were a noble, a honorable part of the Overworld. There should’ve been no incentive left for you to keep fighting for the Defiance after your captor- King, was it?- passed away.”

“Don’t kid yourself,” I pulled my arm but he did not release it. “Honorable part of the Overworld? You make me laugh. It’s like you didn’t notice that no one wanted to befriend me, despite me being a noble. It’s like you didn’t notice that I was the only albino person in the Overworld because all the others were sent to the Underworld almost as soon as they were born!”

“I know that.”

“My going to the Underworld may have been simple coincidence, but it was where I should have been anyway. Those people down there are my people, being mistreated because of an arbitrary allocation of workforce, so that the Overworld nobles can live lavishly without moving a finger, and middle class don’t have to work the jobs nobody wants to do. Do I need any more justification to my actions, Satan?”

I pulled my hand away with as much force as possible, and I finally slipped free from his grasp. I turned away from him and walked a few steps, while he dusted the snow off of his ugly khaki pants.

“Even if you were supposed to be part of the Underworld, by some happy coincidence you ended up as a high-ranking noble. Just by that fact alone, you could’ve lived the rest of your life without drama,” Aladdin shook his head. “It might be as you say. I could never understand someone as privileged as you.”

“I don’t need the understanding of a pathetic excuse for a human being, who used underhanded tactics to dismantle my team,” I spat on the ground. “A coward who couldn’t fight his foe face-to-face.”

“You said it yourself,” Aladdin shrugged. “Even behaviors that are frowned upon are allowed in war.”

I was ready to choke the last breath from his foul mouth, but his blaziken had his eyes on me. It was a rather pitiful sight, for the pokemon knew not what kind of scum he was fighting for.

“You said we would have a pokemon fight,” I said, composing myself. “I’ll force you to fight me face-to-face this time. Let’s see if you can avoid another punch in the face.”

Spoiler

GhI6REb.jpg

This friggin took me 4 hours late night / almost-early-morning xD Why am I like this

Also as you can tell, it's evident what parts I just traced / plagiarized from existing drawings and what parts I just bucket painted cause I literally have no artistic skill xD

Credits:

Spoiler

Some chick named Lynn

Spoiler

o8XFqv3.jpg

Artistic genius Riyoko Ikeda

Spoiler

NZ8642t.jpg

Whoever drew this handsome boi

Spoiler

AVKISCn.jpg

*This part is going to be summarized in the video on the following spoiler, if you want to skip it but it has extra stuff like dialogue if you want more stuff like that lol

“Star, you go first buddy,” Aladdin sent his blaziken to the battle.

I sent out Elsa. Though an odd starting choice against a fire type, I counted on the snowy coldness of Ametrine weakening any fire attacks. Besides, I needed to set up Aurora Veil to support my team’s lack of defense.

Once the Veil was up, and Elsa tanked a Fire Blitz from Star, I switched Prince in, to Muddy Water the fire bird to oblivion. My plan was cut short, though, when Aladdin also switched Star for a honchcrow that he called Night.

Even before learning the rest of his pokemon names, I could already guess that they would all be night sky themed. Since our dates back in Everland were usually at night, I had the opportunity to learn of his obsession with astronomy. He used to say that he wished there was another habitable planet, so he could fly away from Everland. Whether that was his honest thought, or just a conspiracy to give me the impression that he empathized with me, I probably would never know.

The water attack still did considerable damage to the dark bird, and it went down on the next turn, however not before hitting Prince with a Brave Bird boosted by the open air. The following opponent, a swellow by the name Galaxy, took both Prince and Elsa down. I thought I could set up the faded Aurora Veil in time, but Galaxy was surprisingly fast and didn’t give me a break. It was beaten by Anna’s Heat Wave, which melted a lot of the snow beneath us and beyond. The harsh sunlight summoned by Anna’s ability, too, made the snow melt even more.

Aladdin tried to faint Anna by Rock Slide, but I switched her out for Wolfie, who, despite having low defenses, managed to tank the attack. Wolfie was faster than the archeops, so my Rock Slide one-shotted the fossil bird.

Now, Aladdin sent Star back on the field, but I wasn’t confident in that Wolfie could one-shot Blaziken, and a revenge Hi Jump Kick would definitely take her down. So I switched her out for Golden Key, who was holding an Iron Ball specifically because I knew ahead of time that Aladdin’s ace was a speed-boost blaziken. Golden Key used switcheroo to slow Star down, and when I sent my medicham into battle, the fight seemed to be reaching its conclusion.

“What did you just call your medicham?” Aladdin asked during the battle, with a tone of disbelief.

“His name is Aladdin, but I didn’t give him the name, okay? Candy did,” I said, hoping that the mountain was still cold enough to cool down my burning cheeks.

Aladdin chuckled, but said no more and continued the battle.

I almost made medicham-Aladdin to use Fake Out like was customary when he first touched the battlefield, but I remembered that it would do nothing other than earn Star a free speed boost turn. So instead, I went directly for Psycho Cut, which I was confident would faint him anyway.

Aladdin sent out a sigilyph called Moon next, but the poor pokemon went down soon after by medicham-Aladdin’s non-STAB Thunder Punch.

“My last pokemon might surprise you,” Aladdin announced as he held the pokeball. “I caught it under the most bizarre of circumstances.”

“Is that so?” I said with zero interest.

“When I was walking around the mountainous paths looking for you, I asked my pokemon to look for a bird pokemon large enough to be able to carry me on its back,” he said. “And this was the pokemon they managed to find and convince to join me.”

With that, Aladdin threw the pokeball, and released blue bird legendary, Articuno.

“Are you kidding me?” I blurted out.

“I guess I could’ve continued my Reborn League challenge had I found this guy earlier,” Aladdin scratched his head. “Unfortunately the poison leader wrecked my chances.”

The mention of the poison Gym leader reminded me of a passing comment Aya had made about beating a novice trainer that used mostly flying type pokemon, but had a blaziken as a starter. So it had been Aladdin she had talked of that time.

“Don’t believe I’ll lose, even if you, as always, are cutting corners and cheating,” I said. “I still have a fire type and a rock type at my disposal.”

The ice bird knocked out medicham-Aladdin in one shot because of a type advantageous Hurricane attack. I sent out Anna and I thought she was about to beat Articuno in one short as well, but the bird bore it with stamina expected of a legendary pokemon. I was down to my last pokemon, Wolfie. My last line of defense, much like original Wolfie had been back in the Underworld. I smiled with a hint of sadness, as I shouted my last command.

“Wolfie, use Rock Slide!”

Spoiler

That concluded our battle.

“Well done, Vanilla. I see your training in Reborn has not been in vain,” Aladdin said.

I was about to say something as well, but right then a loud roaring sound caught our attention. The source of the noise was made evident in no time when I turned around.

“Avalanche,” I whispered.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Error 101: no Reborn characters found in episode

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 3

Girl... You don't have Accelrock on your Lycanroc?! I watched the video before I read the rest of the plot. I thought you lost when I saw the last 2 Pokemon! I literally yelled out "Omg! She don't have Accelrock! She gonna looooose!" But I have to say, this is probably 1 of my favorite episodes of this whole story. But I seriously can't wait to see what happens next.