From Everland to Reborn ~ A fairytale themed run [Last defeated: Amaria]

Candy

Which team? Multiple choice allowed but limit to 2 choices :)  

30 members have voted

1. 1. [Insert a question here]

• CHOICE 1
    • CHOICE 2
    • CHOICE 3
    • CHOICE 4
    • CHOICE 5

This poll is closed to new votes

4 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I swear to you, I was originally gonna say that "Aster and Eclipse pulled a Jessie and James and disguised themselves has hairdressing people." Although, I wonder if they enjoy it as much as James... I just hope none of them get breast implants. Btw, I'm prob gonna sound stupid asking this but are any of the 2 of them girls or are they both dudes? I can't remember! Dx

I've always thought Aster = guy and Eclipse = girl. Which is how I've portrayed them here :P

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 22tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

When we arrived to Apophyll, Cain and I biked full speed to the Academy.

We barged into Kiki’s office, where apparently Victoria had succeeded in calming the sick lady and now they were just waiting for us in silence.

“Team Meteor is planning to make Pyrous mountain erupt,” Cain explained. “We have to get everyone to evacuate here as soon as possible.”

Kiki looked shocked at the revelation, and called us to form a circle to discuss, what Florinia would call, a “premeditated course of action”.

QONrnue.png

“If the situation is that grave,” Kiki sighed. “I have to keep things succinct.”

“I think Cain and Vanilla should go up to Pyrous mountain to try to stop Team Meteor, but if not, at least to slow them down so we have time to move everyone to safety,” suggested Victoria. “I’ll stay with Kiki to coordinate the efforts here at the Academy.”

I could tell that in making this proposition, Victoria was more concerned in keeping an eye on Kiki’s health than she was in stopping Team Meteor, but I didn’t say anything.

“I agree, let us fight the good fight~,” Cain said with a melodic tone. “We’re going to set this right. They’ll not make us lose our light~”

“If we can agree on this plan, let’s go,” I said.

Cain and I encountered a Meteor grunt, but Cain’s nidoking was merciless and pushed him over the mountain. Luckily for the bloke, he didn’t fall all the way down but was stuck without an easy way out.

We went into the mountain. I knew the way from having been here to challenge that hot mess redhead, but when we were just starting the trek, the ground shook and blocked the path between Cain and I.

“Vanilla, are you alright?” e asked from the other side of the boulders.

“Yes. Go on ahead. I’ll look for another path,” I assured im.

Just then, Victoria came running into the interior of the mountain and spotted me.

“I thought you were going to stay with Kiki,” I commented.

“That was the plan, but Kiki insisted on handling the exodus by herself. She really can be headstrong at the most inopportune times.”

“What did I tell you about treating her like a living vegetable?” I shrugged. “Whatever. Let’s go. I know an alternative way to get us to the summit.”

We walked in the scorching heat, taking care not to step on the residual lava that I had drained on my prior visit. There were Meteor grunts everywhere now, too, protecting their PULSE and making us lose time. Some of them, however, had already been defeated by Cain, so I felt the number of battles wasn’t so bad also considering I was teamed with Victoria.

During our trip, though, Victoria tried to make conversation by asking me about hot mess redhead, whose name she reminded me was Cal. She asked me what I had thought of him, to which I replied that he was a troubled youth with a rather punchable face, though his constant expression full of melancholy didn’t allow me to do as I thought. She giggled at what I said, though I didn’t mean it to be funny.

“He can be mysterious, that’s for sure,” she said. “But he really is a good person.”

“Hope you’re right," I shrugged as I wiped the rain off my face. I noticed the water on my hand was slightly tinted pink.

“You know, maybe when all of this is over, I’ll tell him how-”

“Look, we’ve made it to the top.”

xlH942a.png

We ran some more and quickly found Taka, Solaris aka assassination target #1, Cal and Cain. From afar, it seemed like Cain was in a tough spot, returning his nidoking back to his pokeball. Fortunately, we arrived on time to assist im.

“Vanilla and I will take on from here,” Victoria announced.

“Vanilla?” Solaris looked at me, but I could tell his focus was on my hair. “Did you change your hair color to match your fallen comrade’s fur color?”

The trenchcoat guy laughed with obvious exaggeration.

“Will you shut up,” I said, mainly irritated because now that he mentioned it, Aster and Eclipse probably chose this cursed color on purpose. “I have no reason to make excuses to my enemies.”

I saw both Victoria and Cain looking at Solaris and then back at me from the corner of my eye, perhaps bewildered at what Solaris was saying.

“Excuses are unnecessary,” the man grinned. “The little rat will be moved by such a gesture… only that the little fellow is now rotting beneath the Earth.”

Right then, I would have lunged myself toward Solaris and choked the last bit of air from his foul mouth, if only his garchomp was guarding him from any impromptu attack. Hence my only option was to glare at him - if I were a snake pokemon, I might’ve paralyzed his heart.

“Well then, let’s get rid of the pesky newcomers, shall we? Taka, you deal with Victoria. I will humiliate Vanilla by defeating her with a single pokemon.”

“Yes, father,” Taka said, and my eyes were instantly averted from Solaris’ disgusting face to Taka’s.

“You’re that creep’s son?” Cain voiced my thoughts.

“It seems,” he replied without even a nod of the head.

“Well, prepare to be defeated father and son,” Victoria said, and our battles started.

On my end, Solaris only instructed his already-there garchomp to step forward. The cold reptile eyes of the dragon sent chills down my spine. I could vividly recall right the moment when its glistening blades tore through Pikachu’s body as though it was cutting through cream cheese.

“What are you waiting for, Vanilla? Will you forfeit the battle?”

“That never,” I frowned. Internally I sneered at him for committing the same mistake that I did when he set up a trap for me back in the factory. If you don’t consider all possibilities, you will lose.

Spoiler

The battle was over before Solaris knew it. My Cinderella fainted, but also his garchomp fell forward, unconscious.

“What’s the meaning of this,” the man shouted, his confident smirk from earlier completely erased from his face. I would have wished to take a picture of his face then, for it was simply priceless.

Solaris used a max revive on his garchomp, however, so the monster stood once more.

“Are you planning to repeat the story, you coward?” I shouted.

“No. That is quite enough,” Solaris said. “However, I still have to protect the PULSE.”

“I will faint your dragon again, and kill you with my bare hands,” I said, taking a quick couple of steps forward, but was stopped on my tracks when a raspy but loud voice halted me.

“That will not be necessary,” Kiki said.

I watched as Kiki walked with a serene expression and passed me to approach Solaris and his garchomp.

1p8mq0c.png

“As long as I live, no one will endanger my home and family,” she said, sending out her medicham.

“Delirious Ms. Kiki. How exactly are you planning to stop us?” Solaris said, recovering his disparaging smile.

“Kiki, please go back to the Academy,” Victoria begged. “You’re not in condition to be here.”

However, Kiki wasn’t there to hear to her student’s pleas.

“Medicham, use High Jump Kick onto the infernal machine,” she commanded and coughed.

“Cal, stop her,” Solaris said just as medicham registered the order and was about to jump.

My eyes shifted towards Cal, who sent out a magmortar to block medicham’s way. The medicham jumped high, but the magmortar intercepted it by holding one of its feet.

“What are you doing?” Victoria and I asked at the same time.

o4KWG8P.png

“I’m sorry,” Cal said with a low voice. “I know this isn’t what you expected of me. I guess I just have the tendency of not being what people want me to be.”

“Stop playing the sheepish victim here and put medicham down,” I shouted at Cal, but he only took a glimpse of me before looking back down.

“Now dispose of it,” Solaris ordered Cal. The redhead’s head jolted up to reveal fear in his eyes.

“But,” Cal said, but Solaris insisted.

“Don’t,” I spoke up when everyone else had apparently been shocked speechless.

However, Cal had no reason to listen to me.

His magmortar threw medicham into the pool of lava, and we heard it shriek in pain as it was consumed into the molten earth. Again, I wasn’t able to prevent an unnecessary death.

I looked back at Kiki, who had already closed her eyes, perhaps to prevent anyone from seeing how upset she was to have lost her companion.

“Anyone who opposes Team Meteor will be silenced,” Solaris said. “Execute!”

For a split moment, I was confused as to what he meant, but in the end it also took just a split moment to do the execution. I saw Kiki’s body be torn in half, and the top piece slide over the other a little before both of them collapsed on the floor. I couldn’t move, but I saw Victoria run past me with agony that filled my ears.

MDLDekk.png

“Solaris, that was not the plan!” Cal reproached his boss.

“She would’ve died in the flames regardless,” was Solaris’ excuse. “You have no right to complain, when you knew this was the inevitable result.”

Cal’s face turned from shock to determination, and he ordered his magmortar to destroy the PULSE. One explosive fire type attack, and the PULSE melted into the lava.

“You’re a true disappointment. Just like your brother briefed us,” Solaris shook his head. “Now that we have nothing to do here, it is time to retreat. Taka.”

“Yes, father,” Taka said, after not uttering a word for quite a while.

The two of them disappeared instantaneously.

We were left with a purple-haired guy who was confused as to what to say, a corpse, a girl sobbing over the corpse and a redhead who probably would do us all a favor if he just walked away. However, that was not apparently how Cal saw things.

“I’m sorry Victoria,” he said, approaching her. “I never meant for this to happen.”

Victoria composed her breathing and wiped off her face, but the redness around her eyes was still present.

“Then just what did you mean to happen, Cal?” she shouted but her voice cracked. “Did you mean to destroy all of Apophyll?”

X2BjOJK.png

“I wasn’t-”

“Did you want me dead too? How unfortunate!”

“No! Victoria, I-”

“Were you lying to us the whole time?” Victoria asked and pushed him. “Did you even care at all?”

The girl pushed him once more, and then turned to see Kiki once again.

“Just leave. You aren’t wanted here. Go away,” she said, not even looking at his face.

“I’m sorry,” Cal repeated, but Victoria didn’t raise her head.

He stood there for a couple of seconds in silence, but seeing that Victoria wasn’t going to listen to him anyway, he backed off and walked down the mountain.

Once the redhead was out of the picture, Cain inquired after Victoria’s state of mind.

“I’m fine, but Kiki is-”

“She died protecting the place she loved. There is no higher honor for anyone than that.”

“Oh Kiki, I’m sorry. I’m so sorry,” Victoria said, and a new tear escaped her eye.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Taka (-1): 2/10 the child of a psychopath, and yet he listens to him like a bland sponge.
  • Solaris (-2): -2/10 he deserves nothing good in this life, and he doesn't deserve good in his afterlife either.
  • Cal: stays 2/10 since he turned out to be a hypocrite Team Meteor grunt (-1), but had the guts to destroy the PULSE (+1).
  • Victoria (+1): she evidently likes this Cal guy, but wasn't afraid to dismiss him when he betrayed her. That deserves respect.

Again, credit goes to J-AwesomeOne for the idea to make Solaris mock Vanilla's hair color~

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 3

YES! Yes yes yes yes yes! Loved this update! And you did use it! Double yes! Although, I'm actually shocked that you had Vanilla beat him. Idk. But still. Really good Episode. Can't wait for the next. :)

Actually, dumb me forgot to link the video xD sorryto dorito cheeto, it must've been like "what happened in that battle??"

Also she beats him for two reasons: the first and obvious reason is that I need Julia to be Vanilla's partner in Fiore Mansion, because grass types is what I have most of, and the second is that well, Vanilla ain't the type to develop a trauma of garchomp because it killed Pikachu - she already saw death and overcame it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Actually, dumb me forgot to link the video xD sorryto dorito cheeto, it must've been like "what happened in that battle??"

I almost thought it was going to be some kind of separate flashback chapter or something....

2 minutes ago, seki108 said:

I almost thought it was going to be some kind of separate flashback chapter or something....

Heheh it would've been if I didn't remember the video until much later xD

5 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

I can't wait to see the interaction between Aya/Hardy and Vanilla. I feel like whatever she'd say to Hardy, he'd be like "That's totally right and I agree with you." That sounds like I made him high didn't I? Haha. And her and Aya kinda seem like each other.

Aya and Vanilla do have a similar disposition, but I wonder if Vanilla would like her - prolly more like she won't dislike Aya haha

Hardy is prolly too kind for Vanilla's liking xD

• Like 1

• Global Mods

Omg I just started reading and this is so amazing scpecially the  chapter of pikachu's death I actually cried and you know I might be evil and amy only kills characters that died in real life but I hope that she breaks that rule and kills solaris in the end

2 minutes ago, dragonsbeat said:

Omg I just started reading and this is so amazing scpecially the  chapter of pikachu's death I actually cried and you know I might be evil and amy only kills characters that died in real life but I hope that she breaks that rule and kills solaris in the end

Welcome to the club fren~ that is, the evil club... >:) Solaris should receive fair trial but I think that'd mean a death sentence anyway with the many hoomans and pokemon he's killing (directly like Kiki and indirectly through the PULSE project).

Thanks for reading, and sorry for making you cri fren

2 minutes ago, Candy said:

Welcome to the club fren~ that is, the evil club... >:) Solaris should receive fair trial but I think that'd mean a death sentence anyway with the many hoomans and pokemon he's killing (directly like Kiki and indirectly through the PULSE project).

Thanks for reading, and sorry for making you cri fren

A little off topic but congrats on 1000 posts.

tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gifFrom Everland to Reborn ~ Episode 23tumblr_lp0mal7AcQ1qg3clto1_250.gif

Prepared for a filler chapter? No? Then don't sue when you read dis!

Kiki’s desire had been to be cremated so her ashes could line the beaches that were most fond of her, much like the ashes from Pyrous mountain did.

I knew Victoria was devastated by the loss of her mentor, as it had once been my own experience before I became the leader of the Defiance.

King, as we called him to contrast with Everland’s official Queen, had struck a deal with me to allow me to join his gang and teach me his ways. We grew close in both character and opinion, so much so that I regarded him perhaps even higher than either of my birth parents, with whom I could never discuss the kind of region I wanted Everland to be. His was the first friend whose death I suffered, and it was the most difficult for me, even if the subsequent losses were far more tragic. After all, filling the shoes of someone who had grown up in the Underworld was no simple task for a young girl like me.

As this was the case, I could perfectly estimate Victoria’s current state. However, I also knew that no words or expression of empathy would satiate that pain, which could only be healed through the dead coming back to life. It’s the curse of the living; for as long as we live, we will part ways with many acquaintances who leave this world for the realm of the reaper.

Some will succumb to sorrow, but it is possible, like me, to anesthetize oneself to keep walking forward.

Whether Victoria chooses one or the other alternative, only time will prove.

Once Kiki’s funeral was over, Victoria called Cain and me to come to Kiki’s prior office.

“As Vanilla knows, Kiki had chosen me to direct Apophyll Academy when, sooner or later, she passed away,” Victoria said slowly, taking her time not to start sobbing during her speech. “I really wished I could have traveled the Reborn region with you two… but alas, fate has dictated my path, and I will not refuse.”

6CbtNUs.png

“You will make a great leader for the Academy,” I said.

Victoria widened her eyes as though I had said something shocking, but did not clarify what had been so amazing.

“Thank you, Vanilla,” was what she said instead. “I hope Cain and you beat the league on my behalf. I will be rooting for you both.”

“You don’t have to mention it,” Cain said and tapped Victoria’s shoulder. “Though usually when I’m asked to beat something it’s a little more intimate~”

Victoria slowly displaced Cain’s hand off her shoulder and just smiled. It was a blissful smile.

“Before you go... Vanilla, as you have earned the HM, you can have it,” she talked as she passed me the wretched disk. “I wish I could give you the badge, but well, it’s invalid now so it would be pointless even if you had it.”

A6IlOp9.png

I shrugged.

“That means you need to battle Aya next, huh?” Cain said, is mood falling rapidly. “Fine~ I’ll give you the key. Actually, I’ll go open the gates to the wasteland for everyone, since I guess everyone will need to battle her for a poison badge right~”

So we did. We said our final farewells to Victoria, who waved at us as we walked the beach toward Amaria’s boat.

It seemed as though Cain’s inner feelings were correlated with the weather in mainland Reborn City, for the whole place, especially in South Obsidia Ward where the wasteland gates were located, was going through a storm. While we were in the boat, he looked at the waves from the window and he was silent even after disembarking, something that was quite uncharacteristic of him. When we were finally in front of the closed gates, he turned around and widened his eyes.

“Look at your hair,” e commented, and I ran a hand over my hair. My palm was dyed in pink.

“I guess the color’s coming off because of the rain,” I said.

“That’s too bad. I liked that color on you~” Cain winked, and I sighed.

“Open the wasteland gates, will you?”

Just then, something moved from the corner of my eye, and I took a defensive stance thinking it might be a threat. Turns out that was necessary, but not for that reason.

“Hi,” he said as he approached me.

eLi41Nm.png

I honestly didn’t know what the proper way of reacting was, so I just went with the way I felt like going with.

“Awh,” Cal cried out, as he fell to the floor, his right hand pressed against his right cheek.

He didn't dare look up at me, so his hair hid most of his face from my view.

“... Don’t apologize. I deserve this.”

“I wasn’t going to apologize, and yes, you deserve it,” I said, shaking my hand to ease the pain and relax my fingers’ muscles.

“I heard you were headed here, so I waited for you,” the redhead continued as he picked himself off the floor. “I wanted to talk to you.”

I batted my eyes, looked around me and then backwards at Cain, who shrugged at me.

“Why out of all people me? Shouldn’t you be asking Victoria for forgiveness?”

“Both you and I know that she isn’t going to listen to a word I say,” he explained. “But I know you will, because you’re a third party.”

“I thought you were a dumbass for joining Team Meteor only to fail at everything,” I said, bluntly referring to how his actions ultimately caused medicham and Kiki’s deaths, and also how instead of sticking to one side, he also ended up blowing up Team Meteor’s plans. “But I hear you still have some sense in you. For that, I’ll give you one minute of my time.”

“I won’t waste the minute. I wanted to explain to you that I had never intended for Apophyll’s destruction nor Kiki’s death. Actually, I had already sabotaged the PULSE when I set it up, so it was never going to work as Team Meteor intended.”

“Interesting excuse,” I admitted. “And you pretend for me to believe that?”

“No. But at least I wanted to try.”

I stared into Cal’s eyes, to see if he would tremble or do something that could give me the impression that he was lying. Fortunately for him, all I found was depression.

“I am no God to read your thoughts,” I said. “However, I have no reason to disbelieve you. Don’t expect me to fight for your innocence against Victoria though, for I sincerely don’t care about a stranger like you.”

Cal acted as though he already expected me to say exactly that.

“I won’t,” he said. “Good luck on your journey.”

He turned his back to me, but on second thought, he looked at me once more.

“Don't take this as an offense, for it's honest advice.”

“What is it?”

“You shouldn't dye your hair with spray paint,” he said.

The troubled youth ran away in the direction of Obsidia, leaving me behind with burning rage.

“Took a liking to your friend’s ex-crush~?” Cain asked.

“Do you want me to give you a new facelift too?” I replied, raising my fist.

“Please don’t. I was only kidding~ I know you only have eyes for me, gorgeous,” e said, and I don’t know what stopped me from blowing his teeth out, because desire wasn’t what I lacked. With a smile too wide for my taste, Cain complied with my initial request and opened the gates, but didn’t let me through quite yet.

IVF8yvj.png

“Before you go,” e said. “What about one friendly battle?”

“I’m game for any battle,” I muttered.

fpGEzpj.png

The first pokemon Cain sent out was an a-marowak, but the poor thing didn’t last long on the battlefield since Prince one-shotted it with Earth Power. Against is meowstic, I sent out Cinderella, but I didn’t count on the little bipedal cat to have a Shadow Ball under its sleeve. Cinderella didn’t do as much damage as I expected her to with Shadow Sneak either, so I switched her out with Anna. During that switch, though, meowstic set up a Light Screen, which allowed it to live through a Will-O-Wisp + Hex combination. Luckily, the rain mixed with Anna’s drought again helped me out since the rainbow field weakened Shadow Ball. Thinking it would be great experience for Elsa, I switched her out when I thought the burn would take out the silly cat, but unfortunately I miscalculated and Elsa fainted to a Shadow Ball the same turn that meowstic fainted. I have to work on my reading skills, I noted to myself, as I sent out Prince against Cain’s nidoking. Prince’s defenses were pretty solid as it tanked nidoking’s attacks, and he eventually took care of the purple monster with two Earth Powers. Then, out came Cain’s primarina. For the water type, I sent out Cinderella’s grass type. The pumpkin lady was able to redeem herself by fainting the seal with two turns of Bullet Seeds. The last pokemon was a-muk, but it also couldn’t tank more than two Rock Slides from Wolfie.

“Just when I think I’m getting stronger, you surprise me with even more strength,” Cain sighed. “You know I’m your number 1 fan~”

“Ugh, stop it now and let me through.”

“You’re a party pooper, you know that? We could have so much fun together~,” e said, but cleared what he meant when he saw my murderous eyes. “I mean, we could hang around having fun~ but you want to go meet the boring Aya.”

“Wasn’t it your wish to save the children?”

“That’s true. You always know the best words~ Fine, I think I've stalled you long enough as it is,Cain moved away from the gates. “Come meet me down in the railnet once you’re done with your Gym battle, ‘kay~?”

I didn’t reply, and passed the gates instead.

VANILLA RATES: REBORN CHARACTERS

Spoiler
  • Victoria (+1): 6/10 Didn't run away from her responsibilities, even if they didn't match her desires.
  • Cal: Still 2/10 because he came to explain himself despite expecting an ill reception (+1) but that last line of his... (-1).
  • Cain (-1): 4/10 Really can't get to like his tasteless jokes.

QUICK LINK TO NEXT EPISODE

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Sometimes, filler Episodes are a part of the best ones. This 1 was great. I'm liking the interactions between Vanilla and Cain despite her not liking it. Now, it's time for a little bit of dark humor.

How did they get Kiki's ashes out of the lava? Get it? Because she was cremated. :) 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, J-Awesome_One said:

Sometimes, filler Episodes are a part of the best ones. This 1 was great. I'm liking the interactions between Vanilla and Cain despite her not liking it. Now, it's time for a little bit of dark humor.

How did they get Kiki's ashes out of the lava? Get it? Because she was cremated. :) 

Heheh, I personally also liked Cal and Vanilla's interaction. Hope I'm doing ok at perserving their characterization when I add dialogue that didn't happen xD

And dark humor huh? Well to answer the question, Kiki's medicham fetched the ashes, of course ;)

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Heheh, I personally also liked Cal and Vanilla's interaction. Hope I'm doing ok at perserving their characterization when I add dialogue that didn't happen xD

And dark humor huh? Well to answer the question, Kiki's medicham fetched the ashes, of course ;)

Ohh you're doing a great job. I know how that feels. And I get what you mean there but... It also doesn't make sense. o.o Sorry if I like totally ruined that. Haha.

Ohh you're doing a great job. I know how that feels. And I get what you mean there but... It also doesn't make sense. o.o Sorry if I like totally ruined that. Haha.

To explain the dark humor joke, Kiki's medicham was already in the lava so she could fetch Kiki's ashes from the lava

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Candy said:

To explain the dark humor joke, Kiki's medicham was already in the lava so she could fetch Kiki's ashes from the lava

Ahh. I figured that. I guess I'm thinking too logical to it. I'm thinking "I get it. It's her Medicham but... It's melted." Sorry about that. xD

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Corso said:

Nothing this time? Because it's a filler?

You mean video-recorded battles? No because the ones I record are Gym and PULSE battles... but I broke tradition and recorded vs ECT aka Connal for ol' times sake ;)